User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Aug 2008, 14:41   #101
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Planetarion Suggestion/Bitch Thread - Please read & reply!!!

Start sending out e-mails again informing that a new round is starting!
Unread 14 Aug 2008, 14:41   #102
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Yes I clicked it.

It's quite horrible because i never click ads..

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2008, 14:43   #103
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Start sending out e-mails again informing that a new round is starting!
If i remember correctly there were something about english law prohibiting them from doing it. Cause the mailaddresses they have (unless given specific permission) collected, are only valid for receiving mails the round they are playing.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2008, 17:22   #104
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

S'long as the users 'opt in' your perfectly entitled to send out emails (i.e. they must check a box at signup for e.g.)

Under 16s its slightly different, you've got to have parental permission to send emails to.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2008, 16:03   #105
Radagast

Radagast is an unknown quantity at this point

My thoughts would be this… encourage the galaxies to be the building block of the universe and not alliances. At the moment apart from a little defence, galaxies are full of individuals from different allies who work alongside each other, but who don’t work together – it is this working together is what the newcomer wants and needs.

If we can encourage much closer gal ties that would be good for the game – the best rounds I had was years ago when we had more gal on gal wars (usually because of the –1 eta for attacks in cluster) we were forced to unite or die and it brought us together and resulted in really enjoyable rounds. It is a shame these days alliances discourage attacks outside official alliance attacks – to encourage the gal to work together more closely would result in newcomers being more closely helped into the game by the gal, and hopefully end up having more fun too (I remember the days we used to organise gal attacks every night for those that wanted it). It maybe the ease of exiling isn’t helping these gal ties I don’t know, but see what we can do to make galaxies what people live and die for in pa.
Radagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2008, 17:44   #106
Radagast

Radagast is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh and more thoughts…

You need to make communication central and simple for people. (My thoughts btw is an absolute overall of the game control but not the game itself – I am not particularly literate with computers so I don’t know how viable this is).

Now I’m thinking of some very popular sites like facebook. If you could incorporate pa into a facebook like thing, making it really easy to post and chat to people. Incorporate forums and irc and everything into one browser based thing making it a lot simpler for people especially for newcomers.

You log in and you can immediately chat anyone in your gal who is online through the browser (no more begging them to join irc!) – then I have my friend list who I can add so they can see I’m online and chat instantly – I then have my group lists that you can set auto join and chat instantly, and then I have public channels that I can choose to auto join.

I have a friend list (who need to be invited to be a friend and accepted) and you can see their coords and their rank, and you could even make a warning come up if you accidentally attack a friend.

Then I have my alliance pages, I auto join their protected channel to chat when logging on to pa, alliance forums are part of pa. (at the moment the allie tools are hardly used because they are clumsy and require lots of clicking around, it is half heartedly done) – allies should be able to flash up defence needs on your main pa screen (like your incoming)- one click and I see what live chatting is happening in my allie – one click and I’m into a nice clear allie forum.

Make the communication central and work the game around the communication. Make it so when you log in your bombarded by communication from msgs and forums on the front page (like facebook). Make it so you just have to log into one thing and its all there, the messaging, the forums, the live chat –it all comes up immediately upon logging in. No need to get irc client or separate allie forums or separate allie server for irc etc. You click and your stuff is there, like facebook. And it is all saved between rounds, all your friends, allie, previous ranks from past rounds etc.

At the moment the ingame forums are awkward and irc is complicated, do it all for people in one place. People play because of the fun they have with others that are playing and this is achieved through communication – make that the priority, the game runs fine.
Radagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2008, 09:41   #107
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

anything happening then?
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote