User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 23 Jun 2005, 21:45   #1
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all
Broadband

Which provider do u currently use? how much does it cost? and how do u find the service?

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 21:45   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Broadband

York council.
Nothing, they pay me.
I turn up at work and there it is.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 21:47   #3
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about

UKOnline 8Mbit, service is ok.

£40 a month

HELLO SLAGS
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 21:49   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

www.freedom2surf.net

I pay £22.50 per month. It's a 512 connection. I could get faster for pretty much the same price (or it might be cheaper even) but that would involve a download/upload cap so I just stick with what I have.

The service is very good. When I first got connected I had a load of problems (due to me being a retard, there was nothing wrong with the connection itself) and they replied to all my e-mails quickly and informatively. I haven't needed to get in contact with them since cos my connection's been fine.
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 21:50   #5
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

blueyonder 1mb for £25

service is fine, only been down a few hours over 15 months, but it is way overpriced and they'd better be doubing the speed soon*

No usage caps, but upload is a rather slow 128k

*had a leaflet from bulldog today offering 8mb for £17.99 which is why I'm annoyed
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 21:54   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X

*had a leaflet from bulldog today offering 8mb for £17.99 which is why I'm annoyed
the caps on that must be pretty severe.

also, **** off to adslguide.org, instead of asking random internet people, you goon.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 21:54   #7
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

Cablecom 1MBit, 50 sFR., Service is ok, didn't see the [English]-Tag.
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 21:57   #8
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

bto, 30 quid a month, really good
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 22:00   #9
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Blueyonder.

£50 per month.

4Mb/s Downstream.

Just under 400kb/s Upstream (can't remember exact number and can't be arsed to work it out.)
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 22:21   #10
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

have a look at www.adslguide.org for more
personally im with wanadoo. 27.99/month, and it sucks.
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 22:26   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Currently using our neighbours unsecured wireless connection. I think he's on BT 2mbit.

It's free.

On Monday we should have 8mbit Bulldog (for £40 per month I think). Don't believe there are any limits on that, although we'll soon find out.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 22:32   #12
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Tiscali 1Mb for £25 per month. Not had any problems. Unfortunately we don't have much choice up here - Tiscali, Wanadoo or BT are the only three providers up here, and I have heard nothing but bad reports about the other two.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 22:59   #13
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society

2mbit up/down at work. Cost: 0
1.5 up / 256kbps down at home I think. 30-40 euros per month not sure
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 23:11   #14
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

NTL (need i say more?)
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 01:03   #15
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

NTL Broadband, 1mb for £17.99 a month. The service is generally good (they sometimes have "scheduled downtimes" at like 3am). If you ever do have a problem, however, you are buggered as their tech support lines are shite.
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 01:08   #16
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterate
NTL Broadband, 1mb for £17.99 a month. The service is generally good (they sometimes have "scheduled downtimes" at like 3am). If you ever do have a problem, however, you are buggered as their tech support lines are shite.
This.

But apparently they will start enforcing their 3GB/month caps soon, which sucks.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 01:09   #17
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

4mb/1mb here at my mothers house which cost 50 euro a month, will have 2mb/512kb at my own home for 31 euro, cable connection from Chello.
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 01:42   #18
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Silversmoke is that a frontier elite avatar?

On a note relating slightly to this thread when I move into my new house I'll be getting 256k. I really don't need to pay more. I'm not a gamer etc and downloads are fine at this speed. And I need the money for food.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 04:23   #19
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Pipex, £23/month, currently at 2Mb/s - paying for 1Mb/s. This is common, apparently.

Last edited by Apothos; 24 Jun 2005 at 06:37. Reason: Mb/s not Gb/s
Apothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 06:25   #20
Cuddley_Battleship
Luminous Flux

Cuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these parts

Cable One, 3mbit for $49.95. Decent but it gets slow at peak times (companies have monopolies here so there isn't an alternative- and it's oversold). Not really worth the money, but it's either that or a slow dsl, or dial up
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 07:37   #21
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Blueyonder.
1meg for like 35 quid a month i think. (Cable)
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 07:44   #22
cisco
B0B's m8

cisco will become famous soon enoughcisco will become famous soon enough

i pay £23 per month and it is 1meg unlimited b/band, my provider is www.pipex.net, and they are awesome, reliable connection, and good customer service!
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 08:58   #23
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Hoping to get with Bulldog soon. Only thing preventing us is the fact they only offer the same BT Option 1 as the phone line where as we currently get unlimited calls anytime national & local for £23.50 and our dial-up is £16 === £40 but their alternative is another £10 - which put my dad off going for the £27.99 a month things as they're basically £10 over what we're paying for the internet.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 09:00   #24
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

AOL dial-up at the moment. I lose at the internet .
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 09:03   #25
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

I'd be careful before signing up to Bulldog, i did and your given access to their customer forums which is quite literally FULL of complaints regarding speeds.

Bulldog's response is "we promise speeds -up- to 8mbs" therefore when your stuck with a connection little over isdn your pretty much left with it.

I cancelled.
________
Zoloft lawsuit settlements

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 07:04.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 09:55   #26
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

pipex, had the same good experiences as the other two people who have posted about them on here
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 18:33   #27
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
AOL dial-up at the moment. I lose at the internet .

And I thought I lost with aol broadbands slow, unresponsive, unable to work with firewalls/av's and constant connection loss when you use it too much (contract says unlimited but you know and i know thats utter bs, i spend half the day on it and suddenly i get disconnected every 4 mins exactly, start the next day and its fine ) piece of shit. But you beat me...
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 19:40   #28
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
www.freedom2surf.net

I pay £22.50 per month. It's a 512 connection. I could get faster for pretty much the same price (or it might be cheaper even) but that would involve a download/upload cap so I just stick with what I have.

The service is very good. When I first got connected I had a load of problems (due to me being a retard, there was nothing wrong with the connection itself) and they replied to all my e-mails quickly and informatively. I haven't needed to get in contact with them since cos my connection's been fine.
I'll back that up - very good service and they dont' block ports allowing you to host anything (including email services). Static IP - useful for hosting.

Support is very good, if not the quickest all the time - when they launch a new product / offer.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were

Last edited by Mit; 25 Jun 2005 at 11:49.
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2005, 03:10   #29
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Onetel
2Mbps unlimited, no port blocking
£23.99pm
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2005, 18:06   #30
JoshuaTampaBay
aka PanaX

JoshuaTampaBay will become famous soon enoughJoshuaTampaBay will become famous soon enough

Here in Tampa FL (US) I just switched from:
Cable: 5Mbps downstream -- 128kbs upload. $45.00us per month to;
Verizon FiOS: 15Mbps down -- 2Mbps upload. $44.95us per month
verizonfios.com
FIBER-OPTICs is AWESOME !!!
JoshuaTampaBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2005, 20:53   #31
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

lucky sod

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 00:09   #32
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

POBOX Internet
uncapped 1 MB down 256k up, £25/month.
customer support is quite good, generally response within a few hours from e-mails, no major complaints. Static IP, 1 month min contract, very low downtime (server crashed from a power failure once, was down half a day while they sorted stuff out, otherwise very little / no downtime).
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 03:22   #33
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Cox Cable
4 mbit download, much slower upload
$40 a month.
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 10:35   #34
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

€9.95 for 192/2048 kbit \o/ (well, ok, plus 19.95 for the actual dsl capable phone-line)
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 11:29   #35
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Was on Nilly last year, on them again this year. About £25/mo for 1meg, 50gig/mo cap during peak hours (though I'm never going to hit that). I'm happy paying the extra for their service being stable and their customer service being good. 1 month minimum contract too, unlike (I believe) Bulldog.
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 15:47   #36
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Looking for a new company myself

Sadly telewest isn't in the area I am abouts to move to =(

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 16:47   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bulldog is one month minimum contract too I think.

Our 8mbit connection seems pretty cool. We don't have any limits that I'm aware of, and we do get 800-900kbytes/sec sustained download rates.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 00:52   #38
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

NTL 2mb (free upgrade from 512k a few months ago) cant remember cost, but we get TV and phoneline from them as well, so probably more than just pure cable.
30gb/month limit but not enforced yet
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 06:59   #39
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

8/1 DSL
19e/month
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 13:15   #40
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

AOL Platinum broadband but dunno how fast it is etc...(dunno much computer wise as it just baffles me) :/ just know its costs me £27.99

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2005, 05:04   #41
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

Heh... here in this rainy isle 2mb is considered fast...in fact i think, it *is the fastest* you can get residentially [buy a business package and it gets faster]. I'll be paying €30 a month for it too [around £21] with 8GB download cap and 128kbps upstream. The thing is, this isn't actually bad for Ireland... lol
Unread 21 Jul 2005, 10:52   #42
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Blueyonder , 2mb service @ 35£ per month. Quality is ok but sucks for gaming (pings are shit)
Unread 22 Jul 2005, 03:40   #43
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

BTYahoo! 1Mbps (damn being too far from the exchange for 2Meg). Not sure of the price but it's got a 15GB cap and has never been down since we've had it
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote