User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 18 Dec 2003, 18:25   #51
*Cooper*

*Cooper* is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: So what is PA Team now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParraCida
So you want to pass off continuous reorganisations of PA Team (for various, undisclosed, reasons), the fact that planetarion won't die after this round and a few server accounts as accomplishments?

Oh and just a heads up in regards to those speed round plans, meaning to do something does not mean you did do it. I don't think my perfect plan to take over the world would count as a real accomplishment.
btw, i dont think PA is gunna end this round mate!
we r sorry that it appears u have sumat against the PA crew
did u get booted or sumat? if u left by choice, thats ur own choice!

Seems PA Crew have had to reform because of drop outs and lazy gits

Give them a chance :smith:
*Cooper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 18:59   #52
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

Cyanide, I think they are handing out free clues in the forum next to this one, I suggest you try and get one before posting.

Mit, I would very much appreciate it if you were to substanciate your posts rather than post a shaggy-like denial. Besides, I was under the impression that karm was in charge of PR now, but then again he did tell me he had better things to do than reply to my posts, oh well.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:00   #53
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner
From what I heard, Karm and Mit kicked MrBrick out of PaTeam, and MrBrick is talking to Jolt about how to straighten out this whole mess.

We'll all see what happens (:
You as PA's creator and former leader of the HQ should be wise enough to know that posting such stuff here on the public forums is just FU*KING LAME to say it VERY mild!!! Its so unprofessional!!! and if I was jolt I would remove any kind of access you have both to the servers but for sure here in the forums.

GODS SAKE!!!

If you want to destroy PA then this is a very effective way to do it but for your own sake then just do it without looking like an asshole...

And if Mit is right that you have not told the full truth but only the truth from MrBrick's point of view then you are an even bigger asshole...

Take yourself together FFS or at least stop destroying PA with your incompatent bevavior.

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:00   #54
Richie987
Mistress's fluffer

Richie987 can only hope to improve

The admins/heads/creators keep jumping but is the bar too high?

I've been playing for donkey's years and played one or two rounds of p2p but retired recently before the ridiculas changes being made like hacking your opponent etc. However, i am a #planetarion op but with irc problems so connections are very rare so really, my only way to keep up with information is via forums.

Now, essentially we've established that PA's players are not happy, command is a bit off target and from this the game is suffering which damages everyone? If so, why is the game still continuing with all this madness behind closed doors and only forums to give us vivid explanations, rumours and/or truths about PA?

In my very own opinion the command staff who run the game should get the actual base sorted out and give the players a substancial amount more information about how the game is to be running and how the improvments are being setup and how long they may be. On the other side of the coin, players should in very vague terms "back off" a little bit from the PA command staff. If they are having problems, from what little we know, these may be teething or even blips. Give them time to settle and establish themselves and PA will be back to itself. From what i remember r1 wasn't a complete bundle of laughs as PA was unpredictably played and on.

Thanks.

ps.
How you doing Para my old GC? Well i hope, i'll try and get in contact sometime soon(ish).
#1 Galaxy Winner
#1 ********** Galaxy winner
Top 15 ********** planet
Richie987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:05   #55
therealmig

therealmig is an unknown quantity at this point

/me fluffles richie, missing me yet drop me an email sometime mate
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:15   #56
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk100
You as PA's creator and former leader of the HQ should be wise enough to know that posting such stuff here on the public forums is
...well deserved, because that's the exactly the information available to the users right now, and from what I've gathered incidently also exactly what happened, especially taking into consideration two of PA Team's most active and best people resigned over the situation.

So before you go spouting crap again, know that it only makes you look like a baboon.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:27   #57
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Leshy <3
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:28   #58
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Chill out CBK, nothing that dramatic in that message. But I also have recieved some emails today, explaining a litle more about the whole situation, and it might not be as straight foward as I first thought. But I didnt mean it as critisism of anyone, but I understand how my message can be interpreted that way. I meant that once again, when 1 kind of info was needed, something else was allowed to "leak halfway", in that "rumours of MrBricks disappearance" were allowed to run loose for a bit. PaTeam come and go, always have, always will. Its not important.

But keep in mind, there has been no info handed out in this matter from Mit or Karm, as far as I can tell anyway, and dont forget that I have been working with these people for a while (:

But don't get me wrong, I will give Mit and Karm any support they ask for or want from me (not that I think they want any), because at the moment, they are all we have.
And they are indeed very capable in terms of technical issues, coding etc, having made the portal etc. But they must also relate to realities such as the need for information (I know how big a pain this can be at times when things are heating up all around), the need of communication, and at the same time the need to show progress, cover your back in the community, and actually consider the risk of replying to threads like this one.
However, it is my honest belief that "the apparently 2 new leaders" must either quickly invest some interest and skills in information and communication, or quickly find someone who can do it for them.

Because now, when what is really needed is info on PA's future, they suddenly have to deal with the MrBrick incident, which has blown up to a lot more than it probably is.

Happy X-Mas to everyone, including Keith, Dom, Geoff, Karm, Mit and MrBrick, and even you CBK
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:34   #59
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Because now, when what is really needed is info on PA's future, they suddenly have to deal with the MrBrick incident, which has blown up to a lot more than it probably is.
They suddenly have to 'deal with' the MrBrick incident? Is this the same kind of deal with as when I have to deal with some spilt red wine?
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:34   #60
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk100
Take yourself together FFS or at least stop destroying PA with your incompatent bevavior.
cbk
"Take yourself together" should be something like "Get a grip" and my "baHavioUr" may be described as "IncompEtent".

Otherwise fine (:
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:35   #61
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
They suddenly have to 'deal with' the MrBrick incident? Is this the same kind of deal with as when I have to deal with some spilt red wine?
Not sure what you did with the spilt red wine, but I doubt MrBrick can be licked up off the floor or wiped away with a damp cloth (:
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:41   #62
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Not sure what you did with the spilt red wine, but I doubt MrBrick can be licked up off the floor or wiped away with a damp cloth (:
I'll be the judge of that!

[edit]

I meant 'A bastard to clean up, but ultimately of my own causing'
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:43   #63
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
However, it is my honest belief that "the apparently 2 new leaders" must either quickly invest some interest and skills in information and communication, or quickly find someone who can do it for them.

a) 5 new leaders http://pirate.planetarion.com/pateam.gif (as per the portal post)
b) yes, it has been blown a bit out of control, partly due to 'rumours', partly due to others 'bending' the truth, sometimes a little too far it would seem.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:46   #64
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
No one other than myself -needs- acccess to the servers.
Seems to me you would be in overall charge then, was your little .gif thing just an attempt to try and hide this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
Take over, no, rescue and revive, yes
Nice opportunity Mr Brick was given to 'resuce and revive' - how long was he in charge for again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
I see what actually happened being twisted a bit...
Why don't you give us your side of it then, or would that make you look worse than just keeping quiet?

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:48   #65
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

In old times, I would classify this as in need for "Rumour Control" factual statement. Hope it helps.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:49   #66
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
But they must also relate to realities such as the need for information (I know how big a pain this can be at times when things are heating up all around), the need of communication, and at the same time the need to show progress, cover your back in the community, and actually consider the risk of replying to threads like this one.
I assume part of the job of Forums manager, whoever that position goes to, will be to help with the communication side of things. Replying to threads like this and being able to give an official response rather than just hiding things from the users.

Or at least thats what i hope part of this big reshuffle is for.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:50   #67
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Zeus, email me at 1nce!
Same old address as the last 3 years (:
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:51   #68
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I assume part of the job of Forums manager, whoever that position goes to, will be to help with the communication side of things. Replying to threads like this and being able to give an official response rather than just hiding things from the users.

Or at least thats what i hope part of this big reshuffle is for.
Why do they need a seperate PR division?

Why the hell does the game need PR anyway? (Seperate from support, IRC and forums)

Unless of course it's an attempt to cover up the ****ups*

*about time ololololo
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:53   #69
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddix
Seems to me you would be in overall charge then, was your little .gif thing just an attempt to try and hide this?
not my little gif, and no, why give people who don't need access, access to a machine (that they might not be able to use anyway) - Forums people don't need access to game boxes etc. Only the people involved in setting up the game to run it do, coders don't... (CVS anyone?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddix
Nice opportunity Mr Brick was given to 'resuce and revive' - how long was he in charge for again?
he was, he obviously chose not to take it, notice a 3 week period where he wasn't around a lot? holding us all back...

Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:55   #70
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Why do they need a seperate PR division?

Why the hell does the game need PR anyway? (Seperate from support, IRC and forums)
I dont know what that job entails tbh, i just sit here and read the forums. I would imagine the PR division and forums people will work closely together as one would assume thats where most of the PR is going to happen.

Quite what they mean by PR i'm not too sure of either, i guess we'll have to wait and see.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:03   #71
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
not my little gif, and no, why give people who don't need access, access to a machine (that they might not be able to use anyway) - Forums people don't need access to game boxes etc. Only the people involved in setting up the game to run it do, coders don't... (CVS anyone?)
This is a GAME, you know. The forums are in effect totally seperate, and the person who controls the game controls, well, the game.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:03   #72
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I dont know what that job entails tbh, i just sit here and read the forums. I would imagine the PR division and forums people will work closely together as one would assume thats where most of the PR is going to happen.

Quite what they mean by PR i'm not too sure of either, i guess we'll have to wait and see.
Karm doesn't have a history of working well with the forums.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:14   #73
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
Well it would make sense to have someone available 24/7 to be able to access it, I dunno, perhaps if the servers go down or some HC causes a **** up that requires ticks to be stopped. Unless you are sitting next to your computer 24/7 I can't see how one person alone will be able to 'improve' anything - even if you will be coding the game entirely yourself.

Quote:
This is a GAME, you know. The forums are in effect totally seperate, and the person who controls the game controls, well, the game.
Exactly my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
he was, he obviously chose not to take it, notice a 3 week period where he wasn't around a lot? holding us all back...
Personal problems I heard - bottom line is he wasn't given the chance tho. I'm sure we'll all enjoy looking to see how much progress you've made in 3 weeks as well - maybe then you'll realise just how little time that actually is.

Besides if you were the team you always claimed to be it wouldn't matter too much really would it?

Oh and nicely avoided on the third point I made btw - can we assume that means option 2 was correct?

Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:16   #74
Mit
Let battle commence

Quote:
My point exactly, hence why forums ppl dont' need access to the games server etc.

Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:22   #75
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
My point exactly, hence why forums ppl dont' need access to the games server etc.
That wasn't your point exactly. You said that everyone is equal because forums/support/PR/etc people don't need to access the machine but you do. I contested that there is an inherent inequality between controlling the game, and controlling the subsidiary sections that support the game.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:27   #76
Mit
Let battle commence

Quote:
That wasn't your point exactly. You said that everyone is equal because forums/support/PR/etc people don't need to access the machine but you do. I contested that there is an inherent inequality between controlling the game, and controlling the subsidiary sections that support the game.
we are all equal, we are all envolved in making decisions (as are all of PATeam for that matter) just that they don't need access to some servers, like i don't need access (and won't have) to the forums servers... A point proved the other day, don't give access to those who don't NEED it, even if they are equal level.

Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:29   #77
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

The facts are as follows:
1) MrBrick is no longer a member of PA Team since Tuesday, when Keef posted on the portal (this announcement is now back on www.planetarion.com)
2) The reasons for his departure are based around the fact that he had been inactive for 3 weeks previously. Many people noticed that he wasn't around and we were unable to give a satisfactory response. This absence of 3 weeks left the rest of the team in a very difficult situation regarding development of PA and the planning for speedgames due to the management style. This got to a point where certain people felt that they could no longer function as a team together, which would not be a good thing for the future. As has become apparent this split has not been a harmonious one, but there is not going to be a blow-by-blow account of exactly what happened.
3) Admin access to the game was removed, along with admin access to the portal, forums and IRC channels to prevent anything rash being done which would damage the game for those playing. This is standard procedure whenever anyone leaves the team.
4) Since Tuesday there have been many different rumours flying around about the changes that have been happening. There is a proverb that says that there is no smoke without fire, yet there is a difference between a camp fire and a forest fire. Rumours easily get out of control and the truth gets warped to the point of being bent back upon itself, and this is the case with most of this thread.

The future:
Contrary to the popular belief in this thread the 5 managers are equal. Therefore Mit and Karmulian are not solely in charge of Planetarion.
This afternoon we have finalised the 5 managers and welcome JammyJim as Manager for the Forums who completes the set. The 5 departmental managers are: A2, JammyJim, Karmulian, Mit & Phil^
As everyone who has been following developments closely is aware, we are currently waiting for a response from Jolt on the form of our NDA's so that we will be able to get server access which will enable us to do things like setting up the servers for the speedgames.
All the people in PA Team are dedicated to keeping Planetarion running, improving the game, and growing the community.

We would like to wish MrBrick, JonnyBGood and NB3 the best for everything they move on to and hope that this incident will be put to rest as soon as possible so that attention can be turned to other matters.

Last edited by A2; 18 Dec 2003 at 21:59. Reason: Keef's announcement found and reposted
A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:31   #78
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
While maybe your right I have to say that just you having access seems like a massive mistake. Obviously access shouldnt just be given to anyone but by restricting it to just one person with access your just asking for trouble when things go wrong. You need a handful of trusted people with right skills to sort out the server if it starts playing up so there isnt a situation where something screws up and theres no-one around for hours/days/weeks to do anything about it
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:39   #79
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Because the other thread was closed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
we are all equal, we are all envolved in making decisions (as are all of PATeam for that matter) just that they don't need access to some servers, like i don't need access (and won't have) to the forums servers... A point proved the other day, don't give access to those who don't NEED it, even if they are equal level.
You're evidently not all equal though; the person or people who have creative and literal control over the game are in effective command, and I don't really see why the people who run the forums, PR or whatever should have any more input into the game than, say, a PD mod, given that the only reason they should be included is that they can represent the voice of the people (as it were) and the people who actually deal with the populace could do it much better.

ps.

Why was that thread closed? A2 my lad, you're not meant to moderate (it was said as much on GD) unless absolutely necessary (eg. Shai spam attack, goat-c link) and, in any case, it broke no rules. Closing it will only make people take their discussions elsewhere*, be it either in other threads or in their own private methods of communication (IRC channels, pm, whatever). Leaving the thread open would make sure all the discussion was in the open, and what this place needs most is openness.

*If you don't believe that would happen, look what happened when the spam thread on GD (admittedly, this was the the request of JC, but the comparison holds) was closed. All the other threads were spammed.

It's fine to do very fine (as in 'detailed') moderating, if you're going to continue to clear up the overflow for the next few hours.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:50   #80
JC
lolly roffle

Give A2 a break, he's new .

Lets keep this on topic btw and not start having a go at moderating decisions.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:59   #81
Mit
Let battle commence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
While maybe your right I have to say that just you having access seems like a massive mistake. Obviously access shouldnt just be given to anyone but by restricting it to just one person with access your just asking for trouble when things go wrong. You need a handful of trusted people with right skills to sort out the server if it starts playing up so there isnt a situation where something screws up and theres no-one around for hours/days/weeks to do anything about it
I didn't say it wasn't... and i won't be the _only_ one to have access, plus, i have a few ideas for a better web admin interface thats more useful.

Unread 18 Dec 2003, 23:04   #82
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Pettiness, pettiness and more pettiness. Some things never change.

A2 - these NDA's you mention, I assume these are the ones that you and the 'team' (I use the word 'team' loosely, as it by definition requires working together and aiming for a common goal) absolutely refused to sign under any circumsatnce when jolt took over? I remember all the commotion about that, yet all of a sudden, at the moment 'access'/'power' (or whatever you wish to call it) is in the equation, you start fighting to get them sorted.

Mit - I assume you will be less irresponsible with the server access than those of us at i16(?) saw from you whilst you were bragging about your pa team and irc access? (i.e. showing off about your cservice email just so you could say in a very stuck up way about your cservice helper status whilst practically offering to close people on the basis of no more than slim evidence told to you by people at the event).

I also assume that this new 'setup' is designed to streamline PA, and that, as a result, you will all have lots to show the community within a few weeks with respect to your progress?

I personally find the whole situation whereby PA team are obsessed with power quite amusing. The way that you all strive to get as much power/status as you can just so you can brag about it is hilarious. The way that you think the community has any respect for you is just depressing though. All the community wants is a proper working game. Your constant bickering and power plays hinders this - so, if you REALLY want the game to do well, you will do one of 2 things:

1. Put your dreams of personal advancement and glory to one side and stop being such immature morons and actually start making a difference to the GAME rather than to your long list of bragging points.

2. Step down and let somebody who can do the first point get on with it and make the game decent again.

Bashar
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 23:14   #83
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

'owned'

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 23:16   #84
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh look kids, it's Iron Law of Oligarchy again!
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 23:33   #85
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

with regards to the A2 comment, the original NDA's were a tad silly hence why the pateam did not sign them, however they have since been redesigned and we are awaiting jolt approval on them.
Also previously when in pateam, not everyone needed an nda as they didn't require box or privileged information access, that situation has now changed.

with regards to mit - mit does not have and never has had a CSC email, as he has never done anythign for CSC. though if you wish to dispute it i suggest you take it up with him

hopefully we will have lots yes, ofc with christmas coming up, planning things atm is difficult however early in the new year you should see progress

funny you should say about pateam striving for power, i vaigly remmember power going to your head bashar, which is why you ended up being sacked (before my time though)
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 23:35   #86
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: So what is PA Team now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Oh look kids, it's Iron Law of Oligarchy again!
I was wavering between The Peter Principle and The Dilbert Principle myself.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 23:59   #87
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian
funny you should say about pateam striving for power, i vaigly remmember power going to your head bashar, which is why you ended up being sacked (before my time though)
Funny how this "new" team also lack any kind of profesinalism towards its paying customers..
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 23:59   #88
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian
HAHAHAAA!!! Sorry to do this KArm, I like you in real life, but those accusations have just asked for it, so here goes:

I was at no point sacked. I had IRC access, but I left because of the people I was having to work with, I did not like the attitude taken towards customers, and I was fighting for politeness and a helpful attitude rather than a 'I can't be arsed with you noobs' attitude. I wanted an attitude of 'If you feel it is a problem, then it is a problem and I will try to resolve it'.

Speak to Mushroom/Zeus/Spinner/Kloopy - they all know the reasons surrounding my departure (or at least I think Spinner does), if you don't take my word for it, ask them. I was never popular when I had my position, I moaned too much, and I tried to tell PA team they were approaching the community in the wrong way too much. Go back to my forum posts and channel logs from when I left, read them, you will see there was no power-hunting involved. Quite the opposite.

Oh, and by the way Karmulian - you remembre the incident yourself, you yourself banned me from the forums for breaking no rules. All because of what I said about Prince, and Prince himself, who I had slated so badly, said that your banning of me was entirely unreasonable, and he himself unbanned me. Strange really. You know what is more strange? The fact I have now found a use for my library of logs? You remembre the Prince incident? Remember my PM's to you? Here, let me refresh your memory:
[1]
[17:08] * Karmulian would go into full explanation but for 3 reasons
[17:08] <Karmulian> 1) i can't be arsed.. 2 ) i don't normally explain myself
[17:08] <Karmulian> 3 i gotta go back to work which is far more important

[2]
[21:35] <Bashar> Would you have unbanned me if someone else hadn't?
[21:35] <Karmulian> no
[21:35] <Bashar> Why not?
[21:35] <Karmulian> busy
[21:36] <Karmulian> and i don't have to justify myself
[21:36] <Karmulian> end of story

[3]
[21:56] <Karmulian> i couldn't give a **** what u did and didn't do
[21:56] <Karmulian> it was a decision for me to make

[4]
[21:58] <Karmulian> in hindsight i would not have banned
[21:58] <Karmulian> however i was not in the mood.. and this was just the last thing on a long list of things regarding pa and pateam that had ****ed me off

Well, nice to see you at least have the good grace to admit when you were wrong, though at the same time admitting that you let emotions rule your actions in an official capacity.

I have to say, do you really think you are suitable to be running PA (Oh, and btw Karm, I really do mean it when I genuinely say I think you are one of the better ones, you do at least do a job, and had you not attempted to slander me in your post, this situation would have remained private)
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 00:03   #89
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

As i said at the time bash, but you have neglected to put in,

I did not know the full details surrounding what happened with you, and tbh i still don't

If you weren't sacked my appologies thats just how i was led to understand it
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 00:03   #90
Bashar
Idle Git

Oh, and for the record, yes I took selections from those logs, I could never have got away with posting them all on here, too long.
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 00:14   #91
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

*sigh* can we stop now please?
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 00:29   #92
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

bashar, karmulian...please stop, your both better than this and both right, its just a different perspective your debating about and one which has no relivance in todays enviroment.

/me wants to slap u both, two good gamers behaving like ...well.....children
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 00:32   #93
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
bashar, karmulian...please stop, your both better than this and both right, its just a different perspective your debating about and one which has no relivance in todays enviroment.

/me wants to slap u both, two good gamers behaving like ...well.....children
We have stopped, it is over and done. SImple. Anyway, my original post had masses of relevance, Karms was an attempt to blow that out of the water, so I returned the favour with his. That makes it relevant in my view, but that point itself is boring.

Would be very nice however to know what you think on my first post Zeus? Also to have a more.... structured response from PA-team, one that addresses the issues I raised with more than speculation.
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 00:33   #94
Bashar
Idle Git

Oh, and by the way Zeus, in true PA style, I am gonna go off at a tangent. It is nice to see you still around, hope everything is going well for you.
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 00:57   #95
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Simple. Appoint an ex-Fury Executive as PR manager for Planetarion. Win.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 01:00   #96
Maddix
Imposter?

Well certain posts by certain members of PA's new team have managed to fill me with emence confidence for the game's future.

If you want my advice, just let it go before the constant bickering and amateurness drives it even further into the ground than it already is.

Unread 19 Dec 2003, 01:18   #97
Zahadum
Planetarion Support Team

Zahadum is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think you would need a broom, as Bricks are very dusty.
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 01:23   #98
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Simple. Appoint an ex-Fury Executive as PR manager for Planetarion. Win.
I don't think "You smell of wee" is the kind of official reply Planetarion needs to customer issues
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 01:53   #99
King
Here and Not Here

King can only hope to improve
Lightbulb Re: So what is PA Team now?

I might have never liked MrBrick but he usually got the job done. Now with him gone for what ever reason the two people who seem to be in charge in the sense of the main purpose of Planetarion, making the game work, are bickering with the players. It just seems to me that they feel the need to defend themselves to much and they are fighting with people. Now A2 comes on gives us the facts, what we need to know what we have asked for, does them plainly so we understand. He doesn't engage in this childish fighting. Why isn't he PR man? Why isn't he the new creator? He has done great work for this community he works hard for free never asks for anything never grabs for power. Maybe he is just smarter than the rest I don't know; he just seems earnest in helping not in power. Absolute power corrupts absolutely but I think A2 can better manage and pull of an operation such as Planetarion better than anyone else out there. A2 may bend a rule here or there but for the good of the many. Besides that how else can he be faulted? Why doesn't he qualify for PR or for creator? I just personally think he would do a better job maybe it’s just me.

:Tree: PS I like the new smilies who ever did them.
King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 01:54   #100
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm.. Intresting reading so far.

Now I am not sure what has happened, but this constant finger pointing isnt going to help much I think. I really dont care what happend in the past and so on since that cant be changed, and its doubtful that I (and others) can get a clear picture what has been happening for the last few weeks so I am not even going to bother...much.

Just want to point out a few things. The truth usually consists of 3 sides, your side, their side, and the truth. All we have been hearing so far are the 2 sides with 'colord' prespective and from their viewpoint. Thats fine, you do have a right to defend yourself.

What I do like about the current situation is that people are actually doing stuff. In some cases its just empty words, in other cases we are actually seeing some progress. The information so far being relayed to us (by that I mean the community) has been great so far, can still be improved by quite a bit, but at least you guys are finally listening to us and implementing some medium.

I hope this keeps up and we can all look forward to a better planetarion because the way it looks to me is that if you guys cant fix the problems and improve your communication you can say goodbye to the community. Quite a few people are not happy with the lack of information and the inconsitancies that have been developed over the past few weeks/months/years. Thats something you guys will have to live with as current leaders. Time will tell if you learned your lessons.

-RexDrax

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote