User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 21:32   #1
Grim
n00b

Grim is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it ilegal to be hacked??

We now have a planet in the univerce which has been hacked, this person went to pa-team to get it sorted out, the result was: he got closed. U are responcible for ur own computers safty, so if someone does hack u and get ur pw, u have automaticly cheated, and shall be closed. So everyone who use a computer to access PA, stop it imidiatly, because its not posible at all to protect ur computer 100%, which means, u are cheating..!!
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 21:37   #2
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is it ilegal to be hacked??

Am I the only one that doesnt get what you mean? :P

Community for community - join #PA
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 21:41   #3
Grim
n00b

ehm.. Im a bit pissed tbh.. so I do agree it wasnt really well written.. but ok lets try again..

-A person got hacked in the game.. (not necesarry to say who)
-He got closed because there where multiple ip's which had logged into his account.
-The person contacted pa - team to get it sorted, put proof on the table that he had been hacked.
(The hackers hadnt done anything but logging into his account)
-However he isnt opened again, because he is responsible for his computers safty.

Which in general mean; if ur using a computer when u access ur account, this is ofcourse not 100% hack proof, so if u do get hacked, u have cheated.. and therefor should be closed.. at least thats what pa-team says.
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 21:45   #4
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

:embar:
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 21:47   #5
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim
So everyone who use a computer to access PA, stop it imidiatly, because its not posible at all to protect ur computer 100%, which means, u are cheating..!!
im safe, im posting from my mobile
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 22:16   #6
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbushell
im safe, im posting from my mobile
ROFL :P

And yes Grim... suppose that giving out your acc details in a chan isnt exactely .... "smart"

Unread 9 Dec 2003, 22:29   #7
Grim
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando
ROFL :P

And yes Grim... suppose that giving out your acc details in a chan isnt exactely .... "smart"
Well he didnt give out his details in a channel.. he was hacked.. and had proof
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 22:32   #8
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

oh... in that case.... I suggest to get a firewall

Unread 9 Dec 2003, 22:32   #9
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

ofc the multihunters have no way to confirm you have been hacked other than word of mouth of the user involved
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 22:37   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you didn't get hacked.

you either had a virus or are login sharing.

Booooo
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 22:46   #11
Grim
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
you didn't get hacked.

you either had a virus or are login sharing.

Booooo
Its not me we are talking about lokken, get ur facts right...
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 22:49   #12
Grim
n00b

Even his ISP backs him up.. they even changed his ip, and the mail from them says thats not normal procedure, however the hacker wouldnt stop, so they had to do something.
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 23:02   #13
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

*sigh* why is ppl try to get support wherever they can... the case is being looked into, it is NOTHING to dow ith you... keep out and wait, the person in question will be told the result of further investigation soon enough.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 23:06   #14
Grim
n00b

Mit, u know as well as me that he have been hacked.. and he got proof for it.. other planets in his gal have also been hacked.. ..!!! but proof of hacking isnt always easy to put forward
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 23:11   #15
Tuhoajaz

Tuhoajaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Is it ilegal to be hacked??

Once upon a time this happened to me:

I am downstairs for 2 hours, I come back up, I notice that within this time my fleet has been sent out to defend an allied member EVEN THOUGH he had no incs. In this fleet there were 3 different anti-ship types.

The facts (please do NOT dispute these, as they are FACTS) :

1: no one knows my pw except me. And by this I mean I haven't told my current pw to ANYONE, as I obey the rules.
2: I have already changed it once because of a SIMILAR incident by request of Mr.Brick, so it was not the same as I used to have in places like this board etc
3: I had a fully updated version of Norton Internet security (firewall up and running) and norton antivirus, plus I ran adaware and a full virus scan finding nothing
4: I've yet again changed my pw. And yet again no one knows it. But I suspect I might find my fleets flying again. /me looks at eclipse.

Don't blame me for looking btw. I'm only implying that eclipse is the root of all evil. I might be wrong, but at least I'm entitled to my opinion, which btw is: Eclipse is the root of all evil.

I conclude that I was -not- hacked (or at least it is VERY unlikely), but someone logged into my account and had somehow before that received my password (Or then I have a TERRIBLE memory and don't remember myself sending a def fleet to an ally with no incs, having it defending against 3 dif ship classes).

I mailed Mr.Brick about this, and am waiting for a reply.

If this was just some random guy teasing me, why would he send my fleet to def AN ALLIED member, how could he know? What are the odds?

So, these things HAPPEN. I am getting a BIT sick of people not believing facts.
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 23:17   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
he was hacked.. and had proof
What 'proof' exactly would that be?
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 23:20   #17
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuhoajaz
1: no one knows my pw except me. And by this I mean I haven't told my current pw to ANYONE, as I obey the rules.

[...]

I conclude that I was -not- hacked (or at least it is VERY unlikely), but someone logged into my account and had somehow before that received my password
Don't contradict yourself in one post, it makes the whole thing look a bit, well... useless.
Quote:
Last week, I saw a pig fly. Do not dispute this FACT. As I am a bit SICK of people denying that it CAN happen.
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 23:57   #18
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This thread is going nowhere very fast.
Quote:
proof of hacking isnt always easy to put forward
As you rightly point out it is next to impossible to prove that whatever occurred was due to someone hacking and not just this person cheating and making up an excuse. Thus with no evidence to back up the statement that he was hacked how do you expect PAteam to reopen the planet? Exactly they cant reopen the planet as anyone and everyone would start using this as an excuse when they get found out for cheating. You have very nicely destroyed your own argument here.

Quote:
4: I've yet again changed my pw. And yet again no one knows it. But I suspect I might find my fleets flying again. /me looks at eclipse.
You dont seem to have any proof that you were hacked, let alone that your supposed hacker was from a specific alliance, so please dont go mouthing off a load of BS on this forum thank you very much.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 00:03   #19
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

I am downstairs for 2 hours, I come back up, I notice that within this time my fleet has been sent out to defend an allied member EVEN THOUGH he had no incs. In this fleet there were 3 different anti-ship types.

2: I have already changed it once because of a SIMILAR incident by request of Mr.Brick, so it was not the same as I used to have in places like this board etc
3: I had a fully updated version of Norton Internet security (firewall up and running) and norton antivirus, plus I ran adaware and a full virus scan finding nothing

Don't blame me for looking btw. I'm only implying that eclipse is the root of all evil. I might be wrong, but at least I'm entitled to my opinion, which btw is: Eclipse is the root of all evil.

I conclude that I was -not- hacked (or at least it is VERY unlikely), but someone logged into my account and had somehow before that received my password (Or then I have a TERRIBLE memory and don't remember myself sending a def fleet to an ally with no incs, having it defending against 3 dif ship classes).

I mailed Mr.Brick about this, and am waiting for a reply.

If this was just some random guy teasing me, why would he send my fleet to def AN ALLIED member, how could he know? What are the odds?

Interesting senerio

The thread starter seemed to imply that because someone is hacked they should not be closed and kept closed. IF someone is hacked, i.e trojan, backdoor or numerious other types, then by just changing his password, would not stop his account being hacked as he couldnt stop it...or at least prove he stopped it.

Many times in the past people claimed hacking etc... its an easy excuse to use. If you are hacked, its simple. Your account must remaind closed and then deleted as the security of your account lies with you alone. The pateam could be very nice and allow you to change L/P once and AFTER you have completed a full sweep of your system to look for hacking scripts. But if u cant find out how they did it in the first place, then thers a high probility that the supposed hacker will just do it again.

In the past, people who have shared L/P in previous rounds with someone they trusted in there alliances and didnt share in the new round, found themselves acessed by those they entrusted in the previous rounds. This was I would say what ahppened 95% of all previous cases where the closed account owner claimed hacking. Was fun as you would say "do you know The Ruler of The Planet by any chance?" answer "yes was in my gal last round, why?" Needless to say its then surprsing to find his old galaxy mate was the one which acessed the "supposed frineds account" So both must then be deleted.

If I am to trust your knowledge of system hacking, then perhaps you are looking in the wrong place? Most common is your email account which you signed upto pa. Is it a yahoo email perhaps? If so can be easily hacked. You changed your password, they get the password emailed to your hacked email account and hey preto Then delte the email out of the hotmail or yahoo account.

I am only trying to help you on this matter, but seriously unless you find your hole, there would be no point in changing your L/P details yet again. Probibilities do lead to the email senerio, which can be rectifed.

If you REALLY didnt send the fleets and neither your system nor you email has been hacked, then only other option is pa hacked, which is not only very unlikely but someone with such power couldnt stop themselves from doing a lot more than simply sending your fleets out to only you No offence btw Or, someone with admin tools doing it which once again is highly unlikely due to being founf out and once again they would do a lot more damage that sending your fleets only.

I put it to you, its your email account which is hacked if not your system and you have not been silly in telling someone else your details.

All this is off course if you are telling the trusth and not just saying all this to try and get off account sharing which you where perhaps closed under.

Last edited by Zeus; 10 Dec 2003 at 00:09.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 00:28   #20
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

I actually agree with Grim
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 01:08   #21
Tuhoajaz

Tuhoajaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
Interesting senerio

The thread starter seemed to imply that because someone is hacked they should not be closed and kept closed. IF someone is hacked, i.e trojan, backdoor or numerious other types, then by just changing his password, would not stop his account being hacked as he couldnt stop it...or at least prove he stopped it.

Many times in the past people claimed hacking etc... its an easy excuse to use. If you are hacked, its simple. Your account must remaind closed and then deleted as the security of your account lies with you alone. The pateam could be very nice and allow you to change L/P once and AFTER you have completed a full sweep of your system to look for hacking scripts. But if u cant find out how they did it in the first place, then thers a high probility that the supposed hacker will just do it again.

In the past, people who have shared L/P in previous rounds with someone they trusted in there alliances and didnt share in the new round, found themselves acessed by those they entrusted in the previous rounds. This was I would say what ahppened 95% of all previous cases where the closed account owner claimed hacking. Was fun as you would say "do you know The Ruler of The Planet by any chance?" answer "yes was in my gal last round, why?" Needless to say its then surprsing to find his old galaxy mate was the one which acessed the "supposed frineds account" So both must then be deleted.

If I am to trust your knowledge of system hacking, then perhaps you are looking in the wrong place? Most common is your email account which you signed upto pa. Is it a yahoo email perhaps? If so can be easily hacked. You changed your password, they get the password emailed to your hacked email account and hey preto Then delte the email out of the hotmail or yahoo account.

I am only trying to help you on this matter, but seriously unless you find your hole, there would be no point in changing your L/P details yet again. Probibilities do lead to the email senerio, which can be rectifed.

If you REALLY didnt send the fleets and neither your system nor you email has been hacked, then only other option is pa hacked, which is not only very unlikely but someone with such power couldnt stop themselves from doing a lot more than simply sending your fleets out to only you No offence btw Or, someone with admin tools doing it which once again is highly unlikely due to being founf out and once again they would do a lot more damage that sending your fleets only.

I put it to you, its your email account which is hacked if not your system and you have not been silly in telling someone else your details.

All this is off course if you are telling the trusth and not just saying all this to try and get off account sharing which you where perhaps closed under.
My email space and address is provided to my by my isp (elisa). Hacking that would mean hacking their systems, to my knowledge.

I am not closed atm, so I don't see this as a frantic attempt to get myself reopened. Furthermore, no -harm- was done to my planet, only taht I noticed my fleet was sent out attacking and defending an ally with no incs.
The following points "indicate" that what I'm saying is true:

1: why would someone I against the rules gave my pw to send ships to defend a target with no incs?

2: if he did, why would I report it to Mr.Brick? If I knew the guy I'd probably not do that
--> the reason I DID report it was because I didn't know who it was and because I was afraid it was a sET-UP and the guy reported me after ***ing around with my account.

3: why would I make this post?? I'm only pointing out that I when we don't know how the pa-crew and its system works, we can't know for sure if what you say is true. What is someone in the pa crew cheated and played for his favourite alliance? Why is this not possible? I for one don't know if some of your multihunters prefer an alliance over another. I am not trying to be hostile, I just don't know.

As to my comp being hacked, well if you say so. But as I said, I have norton antivirus and norton internet security + full update on both, I found NO logs of outgoing or incoming data NOR any backdoor / trojan / a file or a log Adaware or norton antivirus saw as alarming when I scanned.

Yet beleive me, I have NO memory of sending that fleet away, and I remember being away for a 2h period, and it was sent to a planet with no incs, and it was sent with 3 dif ship types, and in 98% of all cases the incoming is only a of certain ship type (pa:x rules)

I will drop this case hoping you believe what I'm saying. I will wait for a reply to my email. I admit again that it is POSSIBLE that I sent that fleet myself, as "psychologically" I can't seem to find another solution for it. But I've no memory of doing so, and why would I do it beats me (I refer to the points I've mentioned above). Maybe my comp was hacked, maybe my e-mail was hacked. But that would need to be a VERY good hacker. If the ip turns out to be mine, then I'll bang my head to a wall and wonder if I need to start taking medication. If it doesn't, then I know for sure that somehow someone got the hold of my pw.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 01:44   #22
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I will wait for a reply to my email.
I hope you brought a chair
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 02:58   #23
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

a while back someone turned up in cservice, complaining that their P account had been used to register a channel (multi reg) and had been suspended as a result, but that it wasn't them, and that the person using their account had infact been told their pa password so they could use their planet when they were offline and had just tried it for their P account 'cus they needed a channel supporter. the story ammused me, but the point is that if that way around, why not the other.

odds are you told someone at some point

totally off thread topic, but thus is life

-mist
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 03:20   #24
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Its not me we are talking about lokken, get ur facts right...
I wasn't specifically adressing you, but to make it clearer.

Either he had a virus, or was login sharing.

In most cases I'd guess it was a case of past (and possibly present) login sharing. That's how most people get nobbed in this fashion anyway. I remember it happening to Lantador once I think. Am I rite?
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 06:52   #25
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a specific scent in the air, wafting it's way over from that cow field yonder.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 07:45   #26
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

If he was hacked, how did the hacker get the password? Did he store it on his computer?
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 12:20   #27
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

smeg9 is on a distinguished road

Why would someone be so sad to hack your computer to get your PA password.
If they took control of your computer using a trojan horse, or even a remote desktop, or maybe they got your stored password out of Internet Explorer.

All this is tricky when you have a free copy of Zone Alarm www.zonelabs.com , and run web based or even paid for anti-virus utilities. www.pandasoftware.com.

The fact is, either he was account sharing; or maybe he gave out his Email password.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 12:23   #28
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
We now have a planet in the univerce which has been hacked, this person went to pa-team to get it sorted out, the result was: he got closed. U are responcible for ur own computers safty, so if someone does hack u and get ur pw, u have automaticly cheated, and shall be closed. So everyone who use a computer to access PA, stop it imidiatly, because its not posible at all to protect ur computer 100%, which means, u are cheating..!!

it is possible to protect your puter from the petty 'hacking' attempts from your regular planetarion 15 year old.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 13:41   #29
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

Not that I know anything about hacking, but wouldn't you have to have your login details stored somewhere on the computer for them to be 'hacked' ?

I imagine the actual 'problem' is that "OMG I was hax0red!" is probably a pretty standard defence when caught cheating and can't really be proved too easily.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 13:51   #30
Grim
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddix
Not that I know anything about hacking, but wouldn't you have to have your login details stored somewhere on the computer for them to be 'hacked' ?

I imagine the actual 'problem' is that "OMG I was hax0red!" is probably a pretty standard defence when caught cheating and can't really be proved too easily.
Well the person in question even got mails from his ISP prooving he got hacked..!!!

Btw: if anyone really want to hack someone, and they happen to dont like a member of pa-team, u got urself a target, because they apparently have to resign if someone manage.. so the competition is now open...
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 14:25   #31
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I am sure they simply GUESSED the password
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 15:47   #32
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

1: ...
Assuming that you are not living alone have you ever considered that someone played a joke on you? You already started your own post by saying that you were away from your comp for two hours. Maybe your roommate/cousin/gf/dad launched one of your fleets for fun. No hack0ring involved there.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 16:08   #33
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

If the hacked person was a hc, the whole alliance could have been disbanded and we would have a ****ed up round for up to 150 members..
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 16:12   #34
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not much time I have to look at this forums and has not really been here during the last many weeks but its nice to see that PA is more or less still the good old same and since its you Grim who is posting I ofc. have to take a little look :-)

Well, I'm not happy about it but I would partly have to go aggainst you this time m8.
There is only one right thing for PA HQ to do and that is the close that person (I don't even know who). What PA HQ can see for sure is that someone has loged into his account and its not himself and that is what PQ HQ defines as cheating.
Then afterwards there might be a chance that it can be proven that the person has been hacked and if that is so then PA HQ should ofcourse reopen the planet.
In this case there is a special matter though that should be considered and that is that whoever loged into his account messed everything up for a whole alliance and that for sure is a sign that it is not normal account sharing and its very doubtfully that its account sharing at all since it would be rather strange if the person is giving his details to someone he can't trust.

However Grim remember that PA HQ has to do what it has to do and in this case they have acted VERY professional.

cbk
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:24   #35
Grim
n00b

The person in question is NOT WebAngel for those of u who belive that..!!

And he has been closed.. then when he talked to pa-team.. they refuced to open him again.. even though he had proof.. !!
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:55   #36
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Why do ppl always come to the forums for 'support' when a cheating case is being dealt with *sigh*

Grim, your not hte person involed, its not your business, keep out. The person in question should come to us, and as yet, i have not seen ANY proof that what YOU say is true...

Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:57   #37
Grim
n00b

well, when pa team refuce to discuss it.. I have to go to the forum.... but plz pm the person in question mit.. ask for the mail from his ISP etc.. even though I have read a log between the two of u, where he tells u about it..
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:00   #38
Mit
Let battle commence

lol, refuse... heh, nope, never have... with a hunting case, it is for the person in question to COME TO US to prove his innocence, we don't have thte time to go hunting for and questioning everyone, esp some who don't use IRC etc.

yes, and i'm still waiting for it...

Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:02   #39
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
even though he had proof.. !!
Now that you've posted it on the forums, I want to see this "proof".
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:09   #40
Hexy

Hexy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
lol, refuse... heh, nope, never have... with a hunting case, it is for the person in question to COME TO US to prove his innocence, we don't have thte time to go hunting for and questioning everyone, esp some who don't use IRC etc.

yes, and i'm still waiting for it...

mit... you do a good job.. but.. how about disprove his guilt instead of your wording. It sounds as if you have already decided on this issue the way you put it. I know the one in question .. shame that you and your crew being a bit arrogant and not empathetic with the ones that keep you in business are being treated like this. shame shame shame
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:19   #41
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexy
shame that you and your crew being a bit arrogant and not empathetic with the ones that keep you in business are being treated like this. shame shame shame
The only thing that's a shame is that people have to resort to cheating to play the game, and can only come up with 'I was hacked' as a standard defense when they get discovered.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:24   #42
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexy
mit... you do a good job.. but.. how about disprove his guilt instead of your wording. It sounds as if you have already decided on this issue the way you put it.
generally, the hunters have already decided if they think someone is guilty *before* they're closed. it's kind of the way things work...

after that, it's up to the people in question to prove them wrong

-mist
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:52   #43
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

The fact of the matter is, even *if* you were hacked (this is overlooking the fact that 99% of people that claim hacking, were infact not)... there is no way for the PA administration to tell. If they didnt take this sort of action ANYONE caught cheating could just say 'yeah I was hacked, sorry', and we would have a whole universe of people would could actively cheat.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 21:13   #44
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

Clarify one thing?

You said the account was closed when he PM'd PA saying he has been hacked.

Is this true? I mean in truth? Or was it closed and THEN he told PA he was hacked?
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 21:32   #45
Mit
Let battle commence

Closed THEN told us

Unread 10 Dec 2003, 22:14   #46
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mens
I hope you brought a chair

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unread 10 Dec 2003, 23:11   #47
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

Quote:
My email space and address is provided to my by my isp (elisa). Hacking that would mean hacking their systems, to my knowledge.
Comming from a mediocre Security Enthusiast. (want to become a security consultant of some sort)

The commonist form of hacking is simply guessing passwords. 12345678,password are the most common. IF someone knew your ISP's password they could easily log into it, and as far as the ISP is concernd, no FORCED ENTRY was made. It's like getting your keys stolen, or lost and having everything taken out of your house, without any signs of forced entry.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 23:39   #48
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

Quote:
/me looks at eclipse.

Grow up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddix
Idle specuation Maddix? It wouldn't do to throw accusations just based on a reputation, would it?

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 01:09   #49
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames
Grow up.
Idle specuation Maddix? It wouldn't do to throw accusations just based on a reputation, would it?
Stop trying to appease the enemy RealJames. It's just making you look like a tool.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 11:55   #50
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Btw: if anyone really want to hack someone, and they happen to dont like a member of pa-team, u got urself a target, because they apparently have to resign if someone manage.. so the competition is now open...

Is someone bitter about something? Setting paTeam as target for hacking is beyond lame and tbh if I was still working for PA I wouldnt hessitate in removing your forum account and ingame account for sujesting people hack pateam memebers JUST to get pateam removed, these are the same people who keep this game going and help all of this community for free and with their own time, taking extrmeme amounts of crap for many people. So grow to feck up and catch a grip of yourself for such silly remarks and dangerious ones at that.

Last edited by Zeus; 11 Dec 2003 at 12:08.
Closed Thread