User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Oct 2003, 18:54   #1
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Dumb ASP/SQL Query

OK, I am using ASP and MS Access to display some records.

I have the following lines in ASP which I am using to set up the sql query.

Code:
dim eff_date
eff_date = rs.Fields("eff_date")
dim letcode
letcode = rs.Fields("letcode")
dim bsize
bsize = rs.Fields("bsize")
dim pcode
pcode= rs.Fields("pcode")
dim points
points = rs.Fields("points")	

sql2 = "SELECT * from property_list where pcode = '" & pcode & "' and letcode =  '" & letcode & "' and bsize  = '" & bsize & "' and eff_date > " & eff_date & " order by eff_date asc"
Now, if I have a look at the sql2 variable I've created it's as follows :

SELECT * from property_list where pcode = 'HSE' and letcode = 'EM1' and bsize = '3' and eff_date > 25/05/02 order by eff_date asc

(the numbers/values can be ignored - they're from elsewhere). Which is exactly what I want. However, when I come to run the SQL I get _ALL_ records, not just the ones after 25/05/02. WHY? The eff_date column in access is a datetime datatype, and the order by bit of the query works fine (i.e. Access realises it is a date, and is capable of putting it in date-order), so why is the SQL effectively ignoring my "eff_date > 25/05/02" bit? Do I have set up the datatype differently or something? Am I having a brain haemorage or would the above work in MySQL?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 19:13   #2
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
Re: Dumb ASP/SQL Query

Can't just remember, but i've seen similar to that before, tried putting the date in "s ?

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 19:15   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
Can't just remember, but i've seen similar to that before, tried putting the date in "s ?
Yeah, but I just get :

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e07'

Data type mismatch in criteria expression.
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 20:46   #4
Caesar2
Commander

Caesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Code:
... eff_date > " & eff_date & " order by eff_date asc"
should be:

... eff_date > #" & eff_date & "# order by eff_date asc"

You were just "bashed", live with it.
Caesar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 10:17   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar2
should be:

... eff_date > #" & eff_date & "# order by eff_date asc"
\o/

You rock, etc.

Ta.
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 17:52   #6
Caesar2
Commander

Caesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really nice

no problem

it's one of the abnormalities in access like using:

WHERE columnname LIKE "*...*"

instead of

WHERE columnname LIKE '%...%'

You were just "bashed", live with it.
Caesar2 is offline   Reply With Quote