User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Jul 2003, 21:17   #201
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Doorsdown
how do they know there a cheater but still have NO proof?
Because people admit on IRC or in RL, or even on IRC, to having multiple accounts or to share logins, all of which does not constitute proof for the multihunters.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 21:24   #202
Illegal
Not Bothered

Illegal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Doorsdown
how do they know there a cheater but still have NO proof?
Thats quite easy really. Take 100 random PA players. Then remove the people who have an "Legit so help me god!" attitude, The people who fear that account sharing will have their Visa number stolen and people who play the game for fun.

The rest are cheats
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 02:14   #203
TNX
^_°

TNX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Heartless
Actually, Frucht, you are just bitter that I supported your closure.
You were multying, you cannot deny that fact, and yes, as I told all other gôsu members already, I was helping on your closure with veryfying that the sign up details were not yours. However, you would have been closed anyways, if I would have veryfied it or not. So now, shut the **** up little cheater, get a real life, or play honestly.
kameradenschwein.
rd4: 3:12:11 [ToT]
rd5: 34:22:3 [ToT]
rd6: 36:9:12 / 22:17:5 [ToT]
rd7: 22:23:8 / 7:12:11 [ToT]
rd8: 33:2:1 [Fury] / [ToT]
rd9: 37:8:8 [ToT]
rd9.5: 14:9:5 [ToT]
rd 10: 16:5:10 [ToT]
rd10.5: farming rps in emain.
rd11: 22:6:8 (deleted on request) []LCH[]
rd12: uhm no.
rd13: maybe

^_° TNX|away
TNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 02:21   #204
meddy
OuZo HC & Xraid HC

meddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Heartless
Meddy, it is not all true what you are saying.
Yes I did launch Fletcher's fleets in round 7. And you can ask Zeus that there was punishment for it.

It is wrong that the same was done in other rounds.

And yes, I did take over Canneloni's account on 24th May 2003 for a few hours. If you would paste the full log, you would notice that it was during a beta round (or another game, I do not remember correctly), not in a full round. I would have had no reason to take over an account in round 9 which was taking place at the same time as you can see in another thread on AD I was top 60 or 70 ranked planet.

After all, even as a PA Team member you are not allowed to cheat. If you get caught, you get punished, as everyone else.
Yes I did the mistake and cheated in the past, however I did not cheat in r9.5.
Neither do I have a feeling to cheat in any future round as it was boring.

So, why am I still PA Team? Maybe it is because my cheating had no affect on my work for PA. Maybe it is because I got punished for it like anyone else.

[edit]
I am not creating the rules.
I am not even a pa team member which is there to enforce them.
I am pa team for doing the payment center organisation and support.

And I am pretty sure I won't miss any player who still insists that his cheating was correct.
If you get caught cheating, why not simply admit it like I do?
[/edit]

[edit2]
"its known that its not only r8, it was also r9 ..."
If you want a true history of my cheating "career" ... here you have it:
round 7: launch fleets for fletcher
round 8: managing a scan planet after his owner gave up playing
round 9: launching some fleets for galaxy mates (BetrayerOfHope, rul3r, Felagund, Cardinal)

There was no cheating before or after those rounds.
[/edit2]

i got ur confirm now... but u wont punished for be PA team member, funny that Spinner support this.

Who tells us that the other PA Team members dont cheat ? nobody will check them or even punish them...
R6 : 31:8:6 MedMaxx of Empire Earth / Xanadu
R7 : 5:5:2 Home of Follower / Silvercity 0wnage =] / Xanadu
R8 : 32:1:3 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness (pure 0wnage till deletion) / FAnG BC
R9 : 42:8:5 The Dark Slayer of The Evil Horde /MadCowS Military Officer
Speedround (R9 priv) : 4:9:2 The Doomed Lord of Darkness Falls
Speedround (R9 rdm) : 2:5:1 The Light of a Deep Dawn
R9.5: 27:10:9 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness
meddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 04:45   #205
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by meddy
i got ur confirm now... but u wont punished for be PA team member, funny that Spinner support this.

Who tells us that the other PA Team members dont cheat ? nobody will check them or even punish them...
why do you find pleasure in flogging a dead horse?
he's admitted it. which is way more than you have.
what are we gonna do? 'OMG HE CHEATED IN R7!!! QUICK!! FLOG HIM!!'

i mean really. i account shared in r3. omg.. fire me now.
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 04:47   #206
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
if u sit high enough u can do all what u want
the history prooved it and thats what killed the game
ppl see other ppl cheating and think its the only way to cope with them

98% of the ppl that play serius at least let some1 launch his fleet as they had an important test or something

PA aint the most important thing on earth. But if i see some flamers i think they live for the game
GL 4 u

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 04:51   #207
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
being on the team doesn't make us immune.
prince abused his powers.. and got fired.
if a pateam member was proven to be cheating, their planets would be closed, and most likely be asked to leave the team.
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 05:55   #208
Illegal
Not Bothered

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
prince abused his powers.. and got fired.
if a pateam member was proven to be cheating, their planets would be closed, and most likely be asked to leave the team.
What did Prince do?
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 06:23   #209
Aryn
Happy

you can read right?
read my post again.
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 09:09   #210
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Helllo all, it's Sun_Tzu again, standing up for all the "cheaters" out there. I'd like to state that privacy is a major concern in our society today, ever more so on the internet. What Xtothez did lead to cheaters getting cought, and I think he stated earlier he only did so after feeling something was a bit wrong about some of his members. However this is the same thing as with the police tapping phone-lines without reason, it can't be tolerated since if those who are suposed to inforce the laws have to brake them in the process we'll end up with criminals accusing criminals, putting away one and leaving the other one in charge, it's like spinner being a multi in his own game while closing others for it, it's double standards, different rules for different people, it's a police-state. It's a common misstake in human behavior that we try and minimize the damage after somethings happened, treating the problem which actually never is sufficiant, when what we really should do is go at it before it even begins.

I sort of lost the thread somewhere here, I'm a "bit" hungover so I think I'll go find me a store and some milk, have fun, take care, ta ta, all of that.

Sun_Tzu reporting in from the Dragons meeting in Tampere.

Last edited by Sun_Tzu; 14 Jul 2003 at 11:01.
Sun_Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 09:41   #211
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by meddy

Being team is NOT a getout for cheating... i will still check PA Team and i'm not affraid to close a team member if they are genuinly cheating.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 14:51   #212
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
thats just a sad comedy and nothing more

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 15:04   #213
meddy
OuZo HC & Xraid HC

meddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mit
Being team is NOT a getout for cheating... i will still check PA Team and i'm not affraid to close a team member if they are genuinly cheating.
sure u do
R6 : 31:8:6 MedMaxx of Empire Earth / Xanadu
R7 : 5:5:2 Home of Follower / Silvercity 0wnage =] / Xanadu
R8 : 32:1:3 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness (pure 0wnage till deletion) / FAnG BC
R9 : 42:8:5 The Dark Slayer of The Evil Horde /MadCowS Military Officer
Speedround (R9 priv) : 4:9:2 The Doomed Lord of Darkness Falls
Speedround (R9 rdm) : 2:5:1 The Light of a Deep Dawn
R9.5: 27:10:9 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness
meddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 17:28   #214
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Illegal
What did Prince do?
Delete accounts for cyber sex.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 19:53   #215
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sjor
98% of the ppl that play serius at least let some1 launch his fleet as they had an important test or something
Just because you do ánd a lot of people you know do it doesn't mean everybody does it. When I started in PA I hung around people who accountshared a lot too. So I easily got involved in that too.

But nowadays I find people around me who play quite a bit more honestly. Allthough off course I wouldn't give guarantees for everyone I play with for a few rounds I would say up to 90% does not cheat, maybe even higher.

But at certain circles in PA I know that most people cheat (and I'm not even referring to to LDK even). Often the people you hang out with influence your look on PA. Especially some close communities like certain closed alliance communities or certain battlegroups have high amount of cheating amonst its members. Because of the attitude in such groups they will try to attract simular style/mentality players and naturally enhance their cheating reputation.

So if you are thinking that 98% of people cheat than we might well take a good look around your allies/battlegroup again !!!

hAl
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 21:37   #216
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
hAL, you're delusional, just because the people around you know you're anti-cheating and thus don't flaunt it to you doesn't mean they don't do it. No community in PA has only 10% that break or bend the rules, atleast if we leave out the total n00bs but then again they can't really be called communities.
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:49   #217
Illegal
Not Bothered

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
you can read right?
read my post again.
I can, but obviously you cant. (not a big shocker tbh)

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Delete accounts for cyber sex.
hehe, your joking right?
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 01:00   #218
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Illegal would have never ended a round if that was a rule
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 04:10   #219
Illegal
Not Bothered

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Illegal would have never ended a round if that was a rule
But you said you loved me
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 09:44   #220
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Tzu
hAL, you're delusional, just because the people around you know you're anti-cheating and thus don't flaunt it to you doesn't mean they don't do it. No community in PA has only 10% that break or bend the rules, atleast if we leave out the total n00bs but then again they can't really be called communities.
I do not say my whole alliance is having such a good rate. Every round there is new people and I do not know all people as well as the other. But the people I play with for many round I do know and I know not many of them would cheat (anymore).

I found for instance that in some communities there is always scan capacity availalbe (not just in this round with full techtrees) but I find that in my surrounding often there is a real lack of scanning capacity in regular rounds. Only few players are willing to be scan planet and their availability on line is just not 100%. In other communities I often detect several BC's having either a scan planet on the side or having access to the planet of their member who setup the scan planet. A friend of mine who is BC in an alliance even got a scan planet payed by one of his HC in an earlier round.

Simular for escort planets. In r8 I did a lot of scanning of our alliances members defences and I do not remember any in consistancies in their defences. No strange small planets on very low roid counts amongst the defenders. Something that couldn't be said of the attackers in many cases !!!

No doubt even our alliance has its cheaters and I do not want to deny that at all. I just think in certain communities it is much much less common than in others. I'm not sure but I think Sjor was our only member closed for cheating (r8) in the last three or four rounds (not counting our jr wing of which I do not have any data) and he was closed with a lot of his battlegroup which exactly shows my earlier point of certain closed communities being very high risk places for cheating.

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 11:57   #221
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

personally I've never found escorts worth the while and as for the communities I've been in there's allways been a few who don't quite feel like playing the round but still want tohang around and pitch in in some way, so they offer to do scans. My school has nearly 20 ex-players and only 2 who've been active during pay-rounds(me and LongFellow), however those who no longer play the game are still online as much as ever(geeks ^^) so convincing someone to do scans wouldn't have been hard(though I'm too lazy to actually bother with that).

Just some examples, not nearly all the scan-planets out there are multis and some escorts might not be either(especially when we're talking free random).

Ah well, this is really beyond the original point of the thread :/
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 18:32   #222
Illegal
Not Bothered

Quote:
Originally posted by Al_zz
about cheating
Even if you know someone, how do you know they do not cheat? Obviously anyone who cheats and has some clue wouldent tell you that he was cheating. I myself know about loads of people who cheat, but I doubt I would have if they suspected I would report them.

People who cheat are not evil, they are not n00bs, they are not tw*ts. Most of them are alot nicer then people who are 100% legit. I would have to say that legit people ruin the game more then people who cheats due to their endless bickering about the subject and the endless "I told you so's"

Have you had your best laughs with a guy/girl who ever cheated, or with someone you know are 100% legit?
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 18:37   #223
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Have you had your best laughs with a guy/girl who ever cheated, or with someone you know are 100% legit?
i've had my best laughs with people who don't feel the need to cheat. we play for fun, and as such have lots of fun.
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 23:58   #224
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Even if you know someone, how do you know they do not cheat? Obviously anyone who cheats and has some clue wouldent tell you that he was cheating. I myself know about loads of people who cheat, but I doubt I would have if they suspected I would report them.

People who cheat are not evil, they are not n00bs, they are not tw*ts. Most of them are alot nicer then people who are 100% legit. I would have to say that legit people ruin the game more then people who cheats due to their endless bickering about the subject and the endless "I told you so's"

Actually I have had a lot of fun with Snowseal with whom I has accountshared a few times in r4. Also was not clean in a few other rounds. Cheaters are not evil, I certainly was not when I did !! Cheaters are just unaware of the stupitity of cheating. Even if they gain anything from it they genrally are considered stupid twats by the community. We see that generally everone that ever cheated and got closed is looked upon a cheater for life.

I generally know when people cheat or are likely to be cheating or when not and if in doubt I just scan them and their targets a few times. Since I'm not playing seriously for rank since a couple of rounds I can easily afford the scans.

hAl
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 04:46   #225
Illegal
Not Bothered

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Cheaters are just unaware of the stupitity of cheating. Even if they gain anything from it they genrally are considered stupid twats by the community.
Well most people dont really care about cheating. As they have cheated themself or know people who cheat. Like I said in another thread, its only annoying if someone is better at cheating then yourself. And if you infact are Legit.

I have mates who pmed me at the start of the round telling me how many accounts they were signing up and asked me if I wanted to join them in mass farming. I refused this, not because Im legit to the bone, but simply because cheating is alot of effort and its a pain in the neck to maintain alot of accounts at the same time. My reply to these people were simple and was pretty much like this "lol you nut, I dont understand how you can be arsed ". This followed by them saying "for fun and to win". I would then go "Good luck then, Ill be hoping you win the round." (not being sarcastic)

The only people who cheating is a problem for are people who actually are 100% legit and try so hard to win. Ive seen people who were legit end in the top 10 several rounds, only beaten by people who have cheated.

For people who are ranked 2k, this is not a problem. They often like to blame cheaters for their not so good rank, but infact its their own incompetance. Anyone who doesnt cheat can make top 250 without to much effort.

Bottom line, most people who nag about cheating are hypocrits, nothing more.
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 05:00   #226
BDB

BDB is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Well most people dont really care about cheating. As they have cheated themself or know people who cheat. Like I said in another thread, its only annoying if someone is better at cheating then yourself. And if you infact are Legit.

I have mates who pmed me at the start of the round telling me how many accounts they were signing up and asked me if I wanted to join them in mass farming. I refused this, not because Im legit to the bone, but simply because cheating is alot of effort and its a pain in the neck to maintain alot of accounts at the same time. My reply to these people were simple and was pretty much like this "lol you nut, I dont understand how you can be arsed ". This followed by them saying "for fun and to win". I would then go "Good luck then, Ill be hoping you win the round." (not being sarcastic)

The only people who cheating is a problem for are people who actually are 100% legit and try so hard to win. Ive seen people who were legit end in the top 10 several rounds, only beaten by people who have cheated.

For people who are ranked 2k, this is not a problem. They often like to blame cheaters for their not so good rank, but infact its their own incompetance. Anyone who doesnt cheat can make top 250 without to much effort.

i think u should also add have not had a top ranking planet
BDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 05:07   #227
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by BDB
i think u should also add have not had a top ranking planet
BOB to English translation : "I like c0ck"
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 05:12   #228
BDB

BDB is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Bongdage
BOB to English translation : "I like c0ck"
BLOW ME BONG
BDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 05:30   #229
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
you first, big boy!
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 08:07   #230
Lanceman
milchjiper

Lanceman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Well most people dont really care about cheating. As they have cheated themself or know people who cheat. [...]
I care about cheating, I suspect I am in a galaxy with a high profile cheater but can't do a thing about it and I'm Top 2k and don't blame the cheaters for that, I blame the fact that IT IS an effort to reach higher ranks, may it only be to launch your fleet and check the attack once.
All I want is fair game and that has nothing to do with the position I possess, rather than the positions cheaters possess.
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 14:29   #231
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie

if only thing that happens after farming STILL is some roids taken away why didn't someone tell me earlier... i could have had 20k by now then easily.....

just shut up, cheatboy
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 15:20   #232
Parthos
lippy bint

Parthos is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I agree. I bounced the idea off some friends of forming for round 9 a 100% cheating gal. Farming, loads of support planets, the works. The idea of running all those accounts and coordinating all that farming mentally exhausted me and we soon gave up the idea.

Quote:
The only people who cheating is a problem for are people who actually are 100% legit and try so hard to win.
I don't know if I agree with that completely. For some reason, cheating bothers me more in rounds I'm not trying to win. When I (and my gal) did well in spite of all the cheating going on, we took it with a "ha! **** you! we did good anyway!" attitude. When I am too busy to go for a big planet or simply can't be arsed, I seem to have more PA time to devote to clucking over suspicious news scans and bitching on the forums .

[Edit: I see your point is a little different than my response was to, but I stand by it; anyone trying hard to win and playing 100% legit knows enough about PA to know it's a futile effort. You'd have to be pretty naive to "go" for #1 planet or gal and think you could get there without cheating.]

Quote:

Just because the cheaters think it's fun to cheat doesn't mean the rest of us do. Blaming it on one's innate inability to do well is a diversionary argument. The question is pretty clear cut: do you really want to play a game where you are handicapped from day one by massive cheating surrounding you, both individually and organizationally? You either join with the cheating in order to create some semblance of a level playing field (which I am pretty sure is what's brought PA to its present state) or you piss and moan and try to change the system.
12:17 AM: Cochese: if PA team was a liquor, they'd be that plastic-half gallon for $8 stuff

Last edited by Parthos; 15 Jul 2003 at 15:30.
Parthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 18:03   #233
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally posted by Parthos
[Edit: I see your point is a little different than my response was to, but I stand by it; anyone trying hard to win and playing 100% legit knows enough about PA to know it's a futile effort. You'd have to be pretty naive to "go" for #1 planet or gal and think you could get there without cheating.]
Actually, this has nearly been done to my knowledge, i.e. #1 gal but with a very minimal amount of account sharing(someones connection goes down so someone else checks target for him instead of first person having to go to a friends and check etc.)
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 19:12   #234
Illegal
Not Bothered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanceman
I care about cheating, I suspect I am in a galaxy with a high profile cheater but can't do a thing about it and I'm Top 2k and don't blame the cheaters for that, I blame the fact that IT IS an effort to reach higher ranks, may it only be to launch your fleet and check the attack once.
All I want is fair game and that has nothing to do with the position I possess, rather than the positions cheaters possess.
You realise that if you report this players, then your gal will lose someone active and become smaller, thus giving you more incommings. If you infact report him to satisfy your own need for justice, then it will be the same as shooting yourself in the foot.

Its is not much of an effort to reach higher ranks, I cant be bothered explain all the steps to archieve it, but pretty much everyone can make top 100 all rounds if they have some talking skills and some clue about the ingame politics. Ive seen people go on 1 month vacations and still make top 30, this while logging in 1-2 times a day the rest of the round tops. And Im pretty sure that most who have ever been top 100 will support me on this.

Planetarion is not a fair game, it never have been and it never will be. You always have people using the game as a tool for their own personal interests or desires. Im not trying to break your dream about a perfect game where everyone have fun. But what game can be fun if some people take it more seriously then life itself?
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 19:33   #235
Illegal
Not Bothered

Quote:
I agree. I bounced the idea off some friends of forming for round 9 a 100% cheating gal. Farming, loads of support planets, the works. The idea of running all those accounts and coordinating all that farming mentally exhausted me and we soon gave up the idea.
Like I said its not the cheating that stops me, its all the effort behind it. You can perfectly well manage 2 accounts, even 3 accounts shouldent be a problem. But when it gets over 3 accounts you start forgetting which account did what and why, unless there are major difference within them. But if you wake up in the middle of the night to sort you 7 accounts, then you will mess up sooner or later

Quote:
I don't know if I agree with that completely. For some reason, cheating bothers me more in rounds I'm not trying to win. When I (and my gal) did well in spite of all the cheating going on, we took it with a "ha! **** you! we did good anyway!" attitude. When I am too busy to go for a big planet or simply can't be arsed, I seem to have more PA time to devote to clucking over suspicious news scans and bitching on the forums .
Well I guess that just about getting recognition in your case. If your not highly ranked and people see you that way, you wouldent mind if they noticed you in another situation. Then again being female makes the game 10x as easy for you then what it would for any male (unless you are: cybering, slutty or bitchy). Im not using that against you, its just a fact. Guys favours you alot more being female just like females would favour guys alot more if they were the majority.

Quote:
It can be done if your brutal and hard enough. Chax being the best example on this

Quote:
The question is pretty clear cut: do you really want to play a game where you are handicapped from day one by massive cheating surrounding you, both individually and organizationally? You either join with the cheating in order to create some semblance of a level playing field (which I am pretty sure is what's brought PA to its present state) or you piss and moan and try to change the system.
What you seem to dont understand is the big difference in cheating. Cheating is not only when you have 200 farms and run it by a bot and pyramide farm like there was no tommorow. Making it undetectable if you're using a proxy for your bot (Yes I know about the new rules, but anyone with an some sence of strategy can easily see loopholes to abuse.)

The most common form of cheating is launching fleets for friends or checking their accounts now and then. I think 95% of the irc active players in planetarion have done this at one point or another. Also knowing that it happens in your gal makes you a fellow cheater. (knowing, not suspecting)

Planetarion have always been the same, its just that all the less active players seem to fall away, while the active core continue to play. This is bad because the more active players take things alot more seriously and spent alot of time trying to get even with people if they feel they have been shafted. The times when you could shaft someone and expect them to quit the game have passed. Now people will remember that for rounds and fk you over 1 year later.

PA has gotten personal.
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 20:22   #236
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

PA has allways been personal, the first confirmed alliance-orderd DoS was carried out in rnd3 or so and I doubt it really was the first one, just the first that we found out about. Today players are hacking each other and each others alliances, Server and common players alike are getting DoSed and trojans are being planted on players computers. Speaking of which, I just noticed my firewall has been turned off, time for a reboot and a full system scan...
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 21:30   #237
Illegal
Not Bothered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Tzu
PA has allways been personal, the first confirmed alliance-orderd DoS was carried out in rnd3 or so and I doubt it really was the first one, just the first that we found out about. Today players are hacking each other and each others alliances, Server and common players alike are getting DoSed and trojans are being planted on players computers. Speaking of which, I just noticed my firewall has been turned off, time for a reboot and a full system scan...
True. Bad choice in words. What I meant was "More personal"
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 23:35   #238
Lanceman
milchjiper

Quote:
You realise that if you report this players, then your gal will lose someone active and become smaller, thus giving you more incommings. If you infact report him to satisfy your own need for justice, then it will be the same as shooting yourself in the foot.

"I can't" doesn't mean I wouldn't want to, it was rather a question of having solid proofs or not having them. It seems he was smarter than others from (one of) his BG(s, alliances).
The case seems to be self-regulating now anyways as he is the on the top owned list.
Quote:
Its is not much of an effort to reach higher ranks, I cant be bothered explain all the steps to archieve it, but pretty much everyone can make top 100 all rounds if they have some talking skills and some clue about the ingame politics. Ive seen people go on 1 month vacations and still make top 30, this while logging in 1-2 times a day the rest of the round tops. And Im pretty sure that most who have ever been top 100 will support me on this.
I specifially said attacking and checking once, and if this has do be done in the middle of the night it is an even bigger effort, hence why most launched during day this round (as most players are still in almost the same timezone +/- 2).
And the effort needed increases or decreases depending on your galaxy position aswell (and for getting you a better political position is MUCH effort aswell).
Quote:

Planetarion is not a fair game, it never have been and it never will be. You always have people using the game as a tool for their own personal interests or desires. Im not trying to break your dream about a perfect game where everyone have fun. But what game can be fun if some people take it more seriously then life itself?
It is funny how people always counter my arguments with my"perfect" dream about something, but don't see the consequences it brings to not have such views.
"Ok, if he can cheat, I might aswell cheat too."
For the fun: search your place to have fun, that doesn't imply to change the game but to change your stance inside the game's boundaries (rules). There is quite some space left for changing things (politics being one of them).
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 02:18   #239
Illegal
Not Bothered

Quote:
"I can't" doesn't mean I wouldn't want to, it was rather a question of having solid proofs or not having them. It seems he was smarter than others from (one of) his BG(s, alliances).
The case seems to be self-regulating now anyways as he is the on the top owned list.
You dont have to be smart to cheat all you need to know is how to avoid getting caught.

Im sure it makes you feel happy. But if you look at it another way, he archieved alot more then you by cheating and he had blazing endgame death. This while you bitched at the boards with an attitude where you expect to be flamed. He cheated and had a good round, you whined about it and had a bad round.

Did it annoy you because he was bigger then you? Or could he infact not have been cheating, just been better? Making you jelous.

Quote:

I specifially said attacking and checking once, and if this has do be done in the middle of the night it is an even bigger effort, -

- (and for getting you a better political position is MUCH effort aswell).
You cant check your account 2 times a day, but you can bore us at the forums for several hours? No pun, but you might need to reprioritize a little.

Getting a better political situation is not that hard. But you wount get anywhere by staying in VGN, which for alot of people is the laugh of the universe (no offence to you). In the end it comes down to how you can present yourself and cease an opportunity.

Quote:
There is quite some space left for changing things (politics being one of them).
No there is not. If you infact think so, then the boards is not the place to try create a crusade.

Mini guide on how to advance:

Dont bitch.
Try accomplish.
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 08:51   #240
Lanceman
milchjiper

Quote:
You dont have to be smart to cheat all you need to know is how to avoid getting caught.

Im sure it makes you feel happy. But if you look at it another way, he archieved alot more then you by cheating and he had blazing endgame death. This while you bitched at the boards with an attitude where you expect to be flamed. He cheated and had a good round, you whined about it and had a bad round.

Did it annoy you because he was bigger then you? Or could he infact not have been cheating, just been better? Making you jelous.
1. If I wanted to bitch I'd have used another form of language believe me, but I sense your writing style is getting personal...running out of arguments? I start to think you connect PA with too many emotions
2. you learned exactly NOTHING out of my posts, if you really would have read them you'd have seen I don't care about my position in relation to cheaters and it would have been quite easy to get a higher score being in such a galaxy don't you think?
3. I wasn't jealous, this is a fault I did maybe during my early PA time, I'd be quite happy to be in a Top 10 gal with a Top 10 guy having a low score myself if he hadn't cheated, and why the hell should I be happy about his owning, it is rather a state of being content and it shows that not everyone will accept the bending of rules

Quote:

You cant check your account 2 times a day, but you can bore us at the forums for several hours? No pun, but you might need to reprioritize a little.
Read my posts, I never said I can't, I just pointed out it is an effort in general as you were talking like getting in the top 10 is done by some magic.
And btw, we are still not talking about me.

Quote:

Getting a better political situation is not that hard. But you wount get anywhere by staying in VGN, which for alot of people is the laugh of the universe (no offence to you). In the end it comes down to how you can present yourself and cease an opportunity.
[...]
Mini guide on how to advance:

Dont bitch.
Try accomplish.
Well I already had a smile on my face while reading everything before this but this is almost hilarious.
First of all, VGN isn't the laugh of the universe but it is nice to see you are sticking to your arrogant/personalising style and trying to lower my position in the argument by trying to bring me personally and my alliance in a bad light (why that is I don't know heh).
VGN is a smaller alliance which has a friendly atmosphere and the activity needed fits my playing style nowadays.
And you really do think I wouldn't know that joining a bigger alliance would better my chances in the game? You yet again missed my point (being the needed activity in general, see below, and getting the fun out of other things in the game, not the pure position you inhabit).
As you read my signature you also may have seen where I was before and so maybe could guess what MY aims are, but again, the former posts weren't about me.

Secondly political position needs activity, I don't think the top players got where they got without working hard for it/ getting others to do the work for them, cheating, or taking part in attacks/defences of big enough BGs or alliances.
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 09:18   #241
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You realise that if you report this players, then your gal will lose someone active and become smaller, thus giving you more incommings. If you infact report him to satisfy your own need for justice, then it will be the same as shooting yourself in the foo
I play for fun mostly. Playing for rank Ï find to stressfull. People who cheat take away part my fun in the game so I take a lot of pleasure back by getting them closed.

Rank does not bother me at all. During the round I tried to get the gal in top 100 for a while because we have some new players to the game and I though it might be nice for them to achieve a decent rank. But if my gal would be #1 now with a giant cheater in it I would surely report him. And if I was certain he was cheating and if he still wasn't closed I would try to get him destroyed. Achieving a good rank because of cheating is so pathetic that I wouldn't like to be associated to it. And the PA hall of fame is generally what I consider to be the hall of shame that list the top cheaters of every round. Hardly something worth aiming for.

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 11:00   #242
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Al_zz
I play for fun mostly. Playing for rank Ï find to stressfull. People who cheat take away part my fun in the game so I take a lot of pleasure back by getting them closed.

Rank does not bother me at all. During the round I tried to get the gal in top 100 for a while because we have some new players to the game and I though it might be nice for them to achieve a decent rank. But if my gal would be #1 now with a giant cheater in it I would surely report him. And if I was certain he was cheating and if he still wasn't closed I would try to get him destroyed. Achieving a good rank because of cheating is so pathetic that I wouldn't like to be associated to it. And the PA hall of fame is generally what I consider to be the hall of shame that list the top cheaters of every round. Hardly something worth aiming for.

hAl
You speak well my young padiwan, the force is within this one