User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 May 2003, 15:06   #1
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
No suffle -- Why PAcrew?

Well I guess a lot of ppl will be happy about it...I aint, not because my gal is bad or good, just coz there r a lot of ppl that changed account and PAcrew were aware of it....
I really can't understand why u guys made this decision and I would like to know the reason for it..if possible...
This was supposed to be a random round
Suffle at tick 36 is "a must" in every random round....imo...

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 15:07   #2
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
[email protected] report them, or get your alliance to bash them
Unread 31 May 2003, 15:07   #3
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
36 hours is not long enough to sort alliance and galaxy stuff.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 15:20   #4
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
36 hours is not long enough to sort alliance and galaxy stuff.
It has been enough in round 8....
And imo it was more than enough

Unread 31 May 2003, 15:21   #5
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point
This decision doesn't make any sense whatsoever, I guess it was to be expected.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 15:31   #6
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
I welcome the decision
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 15:34   #7
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There's about an equal amount of people for a shuffle as against. So either decision was going to cause discomfort among a good few people.

Be happy that any work you've done so far hasn't been in vain etc
Unread 31 May 2003, 16:07   #8
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
But it once again shows, that the people responsible for the game, cares not whether people cheat or not.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 16:23   #9
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
blame the 'community'

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 16:34   #10
kasperfc
Jubel-Idiot

kasperfc is an unknown quantity at this point
What will the crew do about the fact that some gals has 12 planets and some has 20+?
kasperfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 16:37   #11
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by kasperfc
What will the crew do about the fact that some gals has 12 planets and some has 20+?
They leave signup open. I expect a lot more players before monday. By the end of protection period I expect all gals to be filled.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 16:47   #12
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Baco
It has been enough in round 8....
And imo it was more than enough
The difference being that in rd8 99.9% of the universe was in an alliance and so had access etc to all chans and stuff and knew what they were doing, "n00bs" who havent played before need longer than this to adjust and to sus out what they need to do etc
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 16:53   #13
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
But it once again shows, that the people responsible for the game, cares not whether people cheat or not.

report them and they will be closed, if they've defenitely cheated. my mate (and his 39 other planets ) was closed a couple of days back.

edit: I've been informed it was only about 12 planets, apologies

Last edited by The_Fish; 31 May 2003 at 17:05.
The_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 17:08   #14
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
report them and they will be closed, if they've defenitely cheated. my mate (and his 39 other planets ) was closed a couple of days back.

edit: I've been informed it was only about 12 planets, apologies
After seeing the creators/pa-teams "efficiency" in deleting players over the last few rounds, I would say a shuffle halfway into protection would have given a more "even" situation between the accounttraders and honest players.

Unread 31 May 2003, 17:09   #15
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Quote:
Originally posted by Colt
The difference being that in rd8 99.9% of the universe was in an alliance and so had access etc to all chans and stuff and knew what they were doing, "n00bs" who havent played before need longer than this to adjust and to sus out what they need to do etc
Stuff!

that looks like and excuse to me...
just my opinion....

Unread 31 May 2003, 17:16   #16
Akula

Akula is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
They leave signup open. I expect a lot more players before monday. By the end of protection period I expect all gals to be filled.
If the current rate of one per day after the first 5 continues, you will be wrong.

"My people and I have reached an agreement that satisfies us both. They are to say what they want, and I am to do what I want." -- Frederick the Great
Akula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 17:24   #17
SPQR

SPQR is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Baco
Stuff!

that looks like and excuse to me...
just my opinion....
Your whining looks like you just landed in a bad gal tbh.

And there is another difference to round8 btw. In round 8 there was only reduced traveltime for in-cluster defence. In combination with Overburn-Defence that meant cluster alliances became quite meaningless anyway. And it was quite easy to organize 10 gals with each only 10 players in 36h.
Thos round we have reduced travel time for both attack and defence in-cluster and in-para. Organizing Cluster- AND Parallel-Alliances in a bigger universe and with bigger gals (including some more newsbies too) takes a bit more.
SPQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 17:53   #18
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
After seeing the creators/pa-teams "efficiency" in deleting players over the last few rounds, I would say a shuffle halfway into protection would have given a more "even" situation between the accounttraders and honest players.
Have some faith in Brickeh, he's doing a good job, give him a chance. If people are account swapping, get them killed, you have the power Desse.
Unread 31 May 2003, 18:01   #19
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
Whatever choice was made, there were always gonna be those who were unhappy. Either cos they want the supposid 'cheats' broken up, or that they'd spent hours sorting out cluster / parallel politics etc.

As for half empty galaxies - they will be filled as more ppl sign up - u know what u gotta do to fix that (and no multies, they will be deleted)

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 18:42   #20
HyPeRiOn
Batman

HyPeRiOn is an unknown quantity at this point
I would have liked a shuffle, not because of the account traders, but because it kinda sucks being stuck in a galaxy of only 7 players, only 4 of which seem even remotely active, but I guess thats just the luck of the draw. I'll survive, it'll still be interesting to play, just would have been nice to have a full gal. And I can't really see all the galaxies filling up before the round starts because my cluster doens't even have 1 full gall yet, heck, only 2 have more than 10 people. Would take a lot of new players to fill all the empty spots, but I dunno seeing as I don't know the numbers of people signing up, making we'll get lucky. It was a lose/lose situation for PA Crew with the shuffle, they made their choice, we just have to live with it and move on

Round 2 - 7:10:?? Helreg of Jurgion
Round 3 - 3:13: 15 SystemShock of Xarruth
Round 4 - 76:4:5 Ice Demon of the Frozen Wastelands
Round 5 - 21:7:10 Beerantula of Corona Borleias
Round 6 - 8:1:1 SystemShock of Xarruth
Round 7 - 8:9:6 <i can't remember>
Round 9.5 - 41:10:19 Maverick of the Top Gun Flight School
HyPeRiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 19:47   #21
Summerflame

Summerflame is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mit
Whatever choice was made, there were always gonna be those who were unhappy. Either cos they want the supposid 'cheats' broken up, or that they'd spent hours sorting out cluster / parallel politics etc.
Which is why I think the choice should have been made to level the playing-Field again.

Quote:

As for half empty galaxies - they will be filled as more ppl sign up - u know what u gotta do to fix that (and no multies, they will be deleted)
Basically you are saying here: if you want a fair environment, with equal-sized Galaxies, its your Job to find new players. Which I can't agree with.

and Gerbie: at this Moment 3410 Players are missing in the existing Galaxies. We had about 5k new Players joining over the last 4 Days. I very seriously doubt we can find enough new Players in the remaining 2 Days. Especially if you take into consideration that there are seemingly still new Galaxies created. At least when I began my counting about 2 1/2 hrs ago 53:8 was the highest Gal. Now its 54:2.

And I really don't want to be in one those Gals that are clearly made up only of new Players.
R3: 100:18 Cymberal of Celtar
R4: somewhere in P24
R5: no Idea
R6: 22:20 [Wrath]
R7: 27:1:9 [Fury]
R8: 42:2:5 [Fury]
R9: 26:4:10 [Eclipse]
R9:5: no Idea [Eclipse]
R10: 4:5:5 [Eclipse]
R11: 31:5:9 [1up]
[1up]
Summerflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 19:52   #22
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
new galaxies shouldn't be being created, next time i see spinner / fudge, i will ask about that. but perhaps those all newbie gals could be filled into spaces or something. I shall find out.

Unread 31 May 2003, 21:12   #23
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Spinner placed me in a gal filled with unintelligence on purpose, for he just hates me. A shuffle, would ruin his master plan of having me educate 24 players this round.

Hence, there will be no shuffle.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 04:43   #24
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Quote:
Originally posted by SPQR
Your whining looks like you just landed in a bad gal tbh.

And there is another difference to round8 btw. In round 8 there was only reduced traveltime for in-cluster defence. In combination with Overburn-Defence that meant cluster alliances became quite meaningless anyway. And it was quite easy to organize 10 gals with each only 10 players in 36h.
Thos round we have reduced travel time for both attack and defence in-cluster and in-para. Organizing Cluster- AND Parallel-Alliances in a bigger universe and with bigger gals (including some more newsbies too) takes a bit more.
I landed in a bad gal in round 8...I ended top 30 and had half of my gal score and size, so plz don't tell me that I'm complaining about my gal...tbh they r quite active considering my R8 experience
It's just a matter of principles...if they cheat why don't suffle??

/me Drunk

Unread 1 Jun 2003, 04:46   #25
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Quote:
Originally posted by WipeOut
I think Spinner placed me in a gal filled with unintelligence on purpose, for he just hates me. A shuffle, would ruin his master plan of having me educate 24 players this round.

Hence, there will be no shuffle.

Damm he forgot about me
I wouldn't mind to land in ur gal

Unread 1 Jun 2003, 04:48   #26
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
one reason for against shuffling appears that ppl are considering how it would affect the "newb" population of the game...one question...when did these ppl really care about how the newbies felt?....none of u did in most of the previous rds, why the sudden change of heart? just rather curious on this
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 05:05   #27
TrinTara

TrinTara is an unknown quantity at this point
It was stated as fact that account swapping and cheating had gone on and that the shuffle was therefore inevitable.

I've seen nothing so far to explain why the cheating is suddenly going to be tolerated.

Seems once again the message to the community is - Cheat to your hearts content, but just make sure LOTS of ppl do it with you since you'll then be allowed to get away with it.

Trin
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 09:29   #28
Desse
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally posted by TrinTara
It was stated as fact that account swapping and cheating had gone on and that the shuffle was therefore inevitable.

I've seen nothing so far to explain why the cheating is suddenly going to be tolerated.

Seems once again the message to the community is - Cheat to your hearts content, but just make sure LOTS of ppl do it with you since you'll then be allowed to get away with it.

Unread 1 Jun 2003, 09:51   #29
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Theres no way the galaxies are going to fill prior to ticks commencing.....buts its not the end of the world
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 12:46   #30
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future
I would have supported either decision, while i think there should have been a shuffle to prevent cheating - i think it's unfair to some to change their position in the universe after they've made acquaintences etc. I myself wanted a reshuffle cuz i'm not sure I like my gal at this moment in time
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 13:01   #31
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mit
What i don't like is that my gal has 16 ppl in it, while the next gal in cluster already has 25 ppl. Care to explain us how you distribute the flow of new players? Because right now, i think it sucks.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 14:26   #32
Mit
Let battle commence

New people go completely randomly into the universe.

Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:23   #33
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
i'm quit happy that there wasn't a shuffle... now atleast i know i am trying to help people in my gal with a reason... instead of just being uselessly helping others

thank you pa crew for doing the right thing
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote