User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 28 May 2003, 15:14   #1
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
I love publishers clearance type places \o/

I just got Perl: The Complete Reference, Mastering HTML 4: Premium Edition (hardback), and Javascript Unleashed: Third Edition for under £25 for the 3 \o/

Not the latest editions and not on the bleeding edge but all three areas where I either know nothing (Perl/Javascript) or where my current references are crappy (HTML).

I win today \o/
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 18:26   #2
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
hehe, sometimes books are nice, i rely more on google (its hard carting lots of books to and from uni 6 times a year)

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 18:58   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Mit
hehe, sometimes books are nice, i rely more on google (its hard carting lots of books to and from uni 6 times a year)
Google is admittedly number 1 resource for just about everything but you can't beat a real book
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:56   #4
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
I'm a member of one of those computer book clubs. i only joined to get the MCSE books dirt cheap. i came to look for two books to complete my membership and got the following (they were having a sell out)

Code:
2056794 Build Your Own Server  £14.99 1 
2056919 Web Usability and Navigation – A Beginner's Guide £15.99 
2086015 Dreamweaver 4 for Web Professionals £3.99 
2086056 Hackers Beware £3.99 
2086064 Know Your Enemy £2.99 
2086098 Frontpage 2002 Bible  £4.99 
2086106 TCP/IP Primer Plus  £4.99 
2086189 Windows 2000 Hardware And Disk Management  £2.99 
2086205 IIS 5.0 A Beginner's Guide  £2.99 
2086270 LAN Management Design and Security £4.99 
2085918 IP Routing Primer Plus  £5.99 
2085975 The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Internet UK and Eire 2002  £5.99
Total of 80 quid. There were loads of programming books, but i didn't get any, programming is for fags like you lot.
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:41   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Is this some massive conspiracy to give me deja vu?

I've seen that post before, dammit, don't tell me this entire thread hasn't happened before because I'll lose it =/