User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 May 2003, 13:26   #1
Ruler
leecher

Ruler is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Congrats Creators!

... for making the ...

MOST POINTLESS BORING HAVOC EVER!!!!
Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:29   #2
Asar

Asar is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes well done, you have really pushed the boat out and made yourselfs look like n00bs
Asar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:34   #3
Ohm
none

Ohm is an unknown quantity at this point
Why couldnt they make it 5-10 min tick ?
Ohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:45   #4
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
why do you all give a **** about this havoc? in 48 h there will be r9.5, so who cares?

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:57   #5
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Lupin
why do you all give a **** about this havoc? in 48 h there will be r9.5, so who cares?

-Lupin
Hmm.. I disagree.. Havoc is fun for many, or could have been with faster ticks.. As it is now, it is pointless indeed..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:59   #6
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

-Lupin
agreed, though for many, its the only shot they have at having alot of firepower, so fun for them i guess .. would have been better if they gave us 1k of each roid, plus 5 min ticks, would have passed the time till 9.5 better.

still, like lupin said, who cares, tbh.
Unread 19 May 2003, 14:04   #7
Ruler
leecher

Quote:

-Lupin
maybe you are right, but my point is if you make it so boring what is the use of doing it?
I mean make it fun, or just skip the whole thing!
But this is useless

as I said before I am having more fun watching my dancing bananas
Unread 19 May 2003, 14:11   #8
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
They do it to give themselves time to sort r9.5, which i would guess takes less then 48hrs, but if they gave us just 1 day even more people would complain.
If you want to play, then play. If you don't want to, then p*ss off and stop moaning.
Unread 19 May 2003, 14:15   #9
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
As stated above
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 15:00   #10
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruler
maybe you are right, but my point is if you make it so boring what is the use of doing it?
I mean make it fun, or just skip the whole thing!
But this is useless

as I said before I am having more fun watching my dancing bananas
as SYMM said they need time to prepare r9.5. thats the only use.
and after havoc than hopefully you, we all, will have mucho fun

-Lupin

Unread 19 May 2003, 17:39   #11
Ruler
leecher

you are still all missing my point! it's just stupid they wont make it more fun when it's so easy to make it more fun.
and they do not need those 48 hours to set up everything for R9.5 cause they will use the time after this short havoc to set up everything for R9.5
Unread 19 May 2003, 17:54   #12
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
errrrrrrrrrrrrrm

afaik, havoc ends in 40ish hrs, but r 9.5 doesnt start then.

rnd 9.4 prolly wont start till friday or saturday.
Unread 19 May 2003, 20:26   #13
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
you guys

be happy there r 9.5 ...if you dont like havoc, or simply think that 9.5 isnt coming soon enough, make the time go OUT. its summer

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 21:02   #14
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
More roids like we got after r7 would have been a heck lot more fun yes, but sounds like some people are forgetting that was the first time ever we did get more roids..so pretty silly to claim this to be the most pointless and boring havoc ever.
Unread 19 May 2003, 21:56   #15
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
R7 havoc was fun 4ticks the hour i believe and a nice roid bonus also.
Unread 19 May 2003, 22:18   #16
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Yes, 15 min ticks would be nice.
Yes, more roids would be nice.

BUT overall so far this is the most fun havoc I've ever played, repeatedly launching on different targets with my alliance. All the problems during normal ticks eg. what about fleet losses, etc., go out the window, replaced by massive battles where no-one really wants to recall first.

If you're not having fun, go find a target that you want to kill, click the execute orders button and wait for combat reports to roll in a few hours later.

BTW - careful reading of this thread shows that those who find havoc boring are also those who made r9 boring. Coincidence?Perhaps your newly-found incoming will liven it up a bit.

Last edited by Nonentity; 19 May 2003 at 22:27.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 12:31   #17
Twist
A Pro without Mercy

Twist is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down yeah boring

48 hours.....96 SLOOOW ticks...no roids...
but at least I did a little dance around BoH's and Legator's roids....and it was damn funny to see vision ships die like flys.

--
Visions come only handy if you are blind....
R7: 27:15:10 Jack Cartright of The Chantry Rank 95
R8: 31:10:2 TheRealDuke of The Bladerunner Rank 186
R9: 43:10:5 Galliard of Glasswalker Rank 556 at the time I did still care
R9.5 28:4:2 Ahroun of Get of Fenris Rank 67
Delenda est PAX !
Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 14:12   #18
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
if i remember correctly, havoc used to be JUST resources. Be happy u got quicker ticks too. tbh, there are a lot of ppl in teh community who like moaning whenever tehy get the chance... give it a rest and do something productive.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 14:31   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Why not be thankful that there's a havok at all?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 14:42   #20
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Why not be thankful that there's a havok at all?
because human-beings prefer to moan

-Lupin

Unread 25 May 2003, 14:44   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm just thankful I'm a program that came with vB.
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:46   #22
coza
Banned

coza is an unknown quantity at this point
Imo, they should work faster on everything i mean we arer paying them enuf money, a construction worker would have a mall finished now with the time pa has had to code r10

real grafters finish the work

pa creators say they have a hard time with this game, so what we pay u for it, its our well earned money going into your pocket

sort it
coza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:53   #23
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeyJordison
Imo, they should work faster on everything i mean we arer paying them enuf money, a construction worker would have a mall finished now with the time pa has had to code r10
While your comment was no doubt slightly sarcastic, I would like to reply to it.

First of all, constructing a mall takes several years - be happy it doesn't take that amount of time to code a new round of Planetarion.

Secondly, what you are paying for is Planetarion as it currently is. You're paying for the time that the Creators have put in designing the game, in keeping it running, in providing support and in keeping the servers running. Buying Diablo II, for example, does not provide Blizzard with the money needed to develop Starcraft: Ghost, Worlds of Warcraft and Starcraft II.

And I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the Creators taking their time and coming up with a good game and a decent round, instead of hurrying to meet some deadline from the players and as a result doing a shoddy job of it.
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:56   #24
coza
Banned

coza is an unknown quantity at this point
they shouldnt moan then
coza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 20:04   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
they shouldnt moan then
Where are they moaning?
Unread 25 May 2003, 20:27   #26
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
they shouldnt moan then
american?

-Lupin