User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:06   #1
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Mobile trouble

ok so i have a part time job in a nightclub in glasgow and im used to seeing bar support dudes finding mobiles at the end of the night on the dancefloor and keeping them, sometimes finding around 4 a week or so. I am against them keeping such phones as most lost phones are from poor drunk girls who usualy need their phone to get home etc, my sister having lost 8 phones herself.
Fast forward to last weekend when im sitting in a different club in town, rather drunk when i realise theres something wedged between my ass crack not of my own doing. On inspection i discover its one of those new black samsung D500 phones roughly around £150 + value. On the screen theres 4 missed calls and a message that reads if u have found this phone please meet me at end of night outside etc. Anyway before i have a chance to weigh up morals, my mate rips it open and throws the sim card into the crowd and tells me if i dont pocket it he will. So in the end i go home feeling v bad but also up a phone. My sim works fine in it but worth thing is i just got a new phone a few weeks ago (p900i) that i prefer and im too scared to sell the samsung. Also theres no chance of contacting the original owner since my mate snapped the simm and tossed it.
AM I A GREEDY CNUT?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-

Last edited by Rinoa; 29 Jun 2005 at 15:57.
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:13   #2
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Mobile trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
AM I A GREEDY CNUT?
nope

you're a greedy thieving git
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:41   #3
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Stealing phones isnt a great idea. Most phones can now be blocked even if it doesnt have the original sim in. If your scared about selling the phone take it to the police station and say you found it on the floor.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:47   #4
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

lol giving a samsung d500 into a police station with no sim in it yes that will last long. Things like that go missing faster than my nightclubs lost property mox. If i cannot contact the guy now, i may as well give it to a mate or family member since i have no use for it. I would be against selling it tbh
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:47   #5
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

You're going to hell, miladdo.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:49   #6
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

oh and this is the kind of things that makes me never take my phone out wth me. seriously, ive had two pheones in last 5 years, never lost them once. If your silly enough to lose your phone u dont deserve to keep it imho.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:50   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what madi said.

My flatmate lost her phone, which had hundreds of saved messages from her boyfriend on it. She was devastated. Ignore the value of these messages to anyone else, or the availability of back-up services. Either way, it was probably someone like your 'mate' who stole her phone. She was lucky enough to have insurance, many people do not. Consider the value of phones, which is often £100-150. That's a lot of money, especially to young people like ourselves.

Yes, thieves are not uncommon. But you have a duty (as an employee of the nightclub) not only to prevent thefts, but also to protect your patrons (as you would if there was a fire). How would you feel if someone at your club picked up your sister's phone?

Do not do anything with the phone. Go to your employers and tell them what's going on, with your 'mate' and with the bar support staff. If they press you about having taken a phone yourself, explain and be as honest as you can with them.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:56   #8
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

furball it was a different club where i found the samsung to where i work. but Yes the club i work knows it goes on but they cant search people at work so nothing they can do for bar support guys who take phones home with them.

I have in past handed in two phones ive found at uni to their owners, but now my mate( who is a bit shady) tossed the sim so im left holding the hanset, and tbh i dont trust police at all with stolen property but thats a separate drug related issue ha ha, so i have no way giving it back, so may as well make use of it myself.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:00   #9
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

sounds lke a wanker
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:03   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
but now my mate( who is a bit shady) tossed the sim so im left holding the hanset, [...] so i have no way giving it back, so may as well make use of it myself.
Did you, or did you not read the message which told you where to meet up with whomever had lost his or her phone?

Sounds like you're trying to justify being a prick.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:15   #11
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

yes i did, but the message did not leave details it just asked if u find this please reply to arrange to meet up. As i said my friend snapped the sim and tossed it before i could stop him as he knows my usual moral standings.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:29   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
yes i did, but the message did not leave details it just asked if u find this please reply to arrange to meet up.
Did the message ask you to reply to arrange a location as in this post, or to meet up outside the club at the end of the night as you said in your first post? If it was sketchy and insufficient to be able to track down the original owner, then I have to apologize, and you were not a prick.

Then you were a pussy for letting your mate determine your morals.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:34   #13
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I would have handed it in to the (probably untrustworthy) barstaff.

Which nightclub do you work in?

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:49   #14
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
D500s are worth **** all, I got mine for £30.
Surely that's on a contract though?

For example, if you look on ebay you will see they are worth a lot more.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 17:47   #15
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
lol giving a samsung d500 into a police station with no sim in it yes that will last long.
They often get sent to the army, who use them to make bomb triggers for for training purposes.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 17:52   #16
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
oh and this is the kind of things that makes me never take my phone out wth me.
i dont have a mobile phone, but isnt the whole point of them to take them with you when you go out?
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 17:54   #17
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The story about your friend sounds like either a lie or exagerration. If youre going to steal the phone, at least take responsibility for it.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 23:12   #18
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Ignoring the rest of your post.

Your sister has lost 8 phones? What a ****ing idiot.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 10:24   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

since i was 17 i have taken my moblie with me everywhere and never lost it, its not that hard... really...
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 10:31   #20
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

stealing is stupid
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 10:56   #21
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

I lost my phone recently . I believe it slipped out a pocket when I was travelling on a bus. (Shit small non-zip pockets - though it was my fault for keeping the phone there)

Only the first time I've lost my phone though
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 11:03   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've lost various phones. It's not a big deal. Just a mild annoyance really. I've left a couple on buses / trains. And once, as I've mentioned before, I got really drunk and it either fell out of my pocket or was removed by some tramp (probably the former).

But you could track down the person whose phone it was I'm sure. Doesn't the phone itself have an individual number which the phone operator (whomever they were) could link to a customer? Personally I'd go to a bit of effort to track them down. If you really can't then give it to charity or something.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 17:16   #23
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

I've only ever lost one phone (on a college coach). Phoned the company (and the phone) a few times and managed to get it back in the end. this was a while back though.
Edit.

You should've hit your friend for being a prick, although as a man of lose morals I probalby would've pocketed it myself.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 18:42   #24
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

It really pisses me off wen people steal phones that they find, ive seen a few of my friends do it and jsut makes me think "wat a ****". I always hand in phones cause i just think how id feel if i ever lost one (havnt lost one in 5 years).
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 18:50   #25
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i often have trouble when moving from place to place
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 18:51   #26
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
i often have trouble when moving from place to place
because your drugs get impounded am i rite ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 20:01   #27
edmoo
SuperTux!

edmoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
They often get sent to the army, who use them to make bomb triggers for for training purposes.
Big Al said that... but big Al also says that dogs can't look up...
You may as well keep the phone. Its not like the owner is going to kill themselves over a small chunk of capitalism. Oh, and your freind is a mean old tosser for breaking the simcard. Tell him he's going to hell.

Another way of looking at it. Your freind goes to hell, you get a free phone! Bonus!
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 20:15   #28
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmoo
Bonus!
scally
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 20:32   #29
edmoo
SuperTux!

Quote:
scally
I did ya mum!

Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:13   #30
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

in all the years i've had a mobile phone, i've not managed to loose or break either of them. there are some careless people out there
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:16   #31
edmoo
SuperTux!

I can't really be bothered with mobiles myself. I feel kind of responcable if I'm carrying one... I like the feeling of freedom I get from having no watch/phone/walkman.

How cliche' does that come across as?
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:27   #32
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I can't really be bothered with mobiles myself. I feel kind of responcable if I'm carrying one... I like the feeling of freedom I get from having no watch/phone/walkman.

How cliche' does that come across as?
that someone who writes as poorly as you do can't afford a watch or a mobile phone?

not particularly cliché given the high level of economic success we are enjoying; where even the least educated shelf stacker is rich enough to purchase such devices
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:40   #33
edmoo
SuperTux!

I'm getting to thourly dislike you Yahwe.
You logic appears to be that because I choose not to have a mobile and am not particularily great at spelling, I must be poor, and therefor stupid.
Which is nice to know, because I thought I was vaugly conciencous, and am poor because I do not wish to hoard possessions that I do not need, and that others do, just so that I can have dinner parties and eat "Fizz and caviar, [where] caviar is served on blinis with sour cream and optional lemon wedges".
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:48   #34
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You logic appears to be that because I choose not to have a mobile and am not particularily great at spelling, I must be poor, and therefor stupid.
actually it's more: you write crap and write it poorly thus you are stupid.

the poverty angle was more a dig at the supposed virtues of not owning basic technology.

I don't mind if you dislike me. but i'll be damned if i allow you to dislike me for reasons which aren't true.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:58   #35
edmoo
SuperTux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I don't mind if you dislike me. but i'll be damned if i allow you to dislike me for reasons which aren't true.
lol - I've got to respect that. I just don't get why you have chosen to be so nasty to me, apparently simply because I don't express myself particularily well. Surely you would like it if people didn't dislike you? Isn't the company of other people more important than meterial possessions?
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 02:01   #36
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
lol - I've got to respect that. I just don't get why you have chosen to be so nasty to me, apparently simply because I don't express myself particularily well. Surely you would like it if people didn't dislike you? Isn't the company of other people more important than meterial possessions?
I value this forum very much.

so far your posts are awful. utterly utterly cringemakingly awful.

i'm not being 'nasty' to you. i'm just showing you that that is unacceptable.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 02:17   #37
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I value this forum very much.

so far your posts are awful. utterly utterly cringemakingly awful.

i'm not being 'nasty' to you. i'm just showing you that that is unacceptable.
You're fat.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 02:22   #38
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Mobile trouble

Quote:
my sister having lost 8 phones herself.
Eight? How?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 02:22   #39
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I would've elbowed my 'mate' into the stomach.

then kept the phone afterwards, but in general if it looked remotely like a girl message, I would bring it back
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 02:28   #40
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Eight? How?

Most of the times when people lose things they left the specific object at a place without taking it back after, when they realise that they're missing said object they can't remember anymore at which place and they declair the object 'lost'. Sometimes it also happens that they eventually do remember said location but before coming back to this place their missing object has already been replaced by someone else.

I hope this clears things up for you.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 02:42   #41
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

At the risk of sounding like a jerk...

Steal your mate's phone =p

In all seriousness though, maybe put a note up at said nightclub about the lost phone. You'll obviously get many responses... as such, make them answer the question: "What was the last message sent on the phone"?
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 09:35   #42
edmoo
SuperTux!

Thats a good idea squidley.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 10:02   #43
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well I'm late to the conversation, but:
If whoever owns it has any sense, they will report it lost and the IMEI will be blocked, deactivating the phone across all networks. It may also be traced if anyone can be arsed (unlikely) as attempts to use it after blocking can be logged and traced back to a particular base station. While that's quite a wide area, it's still something to think about.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 15:02   #44
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

your friend is a real asshole. you need better friends.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 18:27   #45
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm.... Ok.

1) am too lazy to read up on this samsung. But your SIM card usually only has the capacity for 20-30 SMS. This D500 presumabley can receive MMS's, photos etc. This means it must have an internal phone memory, AND this memory is usually "dynamically" [my arse, there is still a cap on certain things] shared between applications, phonebook, SMS, MSS. THIS IS STANDARD. I'm willing to wager that you still have access to names/numbers. Do the right thing. If you are afraid of telling him/her about the SIM, tell him/her you bought it off a pikey.

2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball
My flatmate lost her phone, which had hundreds of saved messages from her boyfriend on it. She was devastated. Ignore the value of these messages to anyone else, or the availability of back-up services.
Agreed, big time- most people do have pics/messages they value, I know i do, I keep my phone backed up.

3) Never lost a phone, I would be seriously out of pocket if I did- I'm a loser who spends far too much money on such things [Nokia 6260 :-)] I had an ex who lost 3 within 2 months- and I bought two of them- what a tool.

4) Megla is very right, anyone who know a thing or two about phones will have it reported and blocked- The IMEI can be changed but you need some serious hardware+software and knowledge to do it. There is also a European database yoke [or soon to be] which ensures any such phones are useless in the EU. And Meglaa, thats triangulation you are talking about- its only employed if there is an investigation ie. sum1 goes missing or to track a wanted person's movements.

5) Don't steal the bloody phone, try get it back to him/her. I'll admit- I have stolen on occassion, but never from a stranger, only from those I have a serious agenda against.

6) I remember I opened a locker in school once, no lock on the door, in the main corridor, and there was a sony minidisc player inside and a Nokia 3200. Some of those kids are just too spoilt [I went to a posh private school] and have no sense [and yes yahwe it was protestant too, very english ;-p].
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 09:26   #46
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics
Hmmm.... Ok.

1) am too lazy to read up on this samsung. But your SIM card usually only has the capacity for 20-30 SMS. This D500 presumabley can receive MMS's, photos etc. This means it must have an internal phone memory, AND this memory is usually "dynamically" [my arse, there is still a cap on certain things] shared between applications, phonebook, SMS, MSS. THIS IS STANDARD. I'm willing to wager that you still have access to names/numbers. Do the right thing. If you are afraid of telling him/her about the SIM, tell him/her you bought it off a pikey.
or just say you founf it with no sim in it. or better still, say you were going to give it back but some asshat snapped the SIM.

Unread 5 Jul 2005, 13:41   #47
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

no there was no numbers stored on the phones memonry which makes me think it was pretty new at the time :/
Any way my o2 1000 free sms sim is workin in the d500 so be bothered trying to track him down. Ill just take pleasure in the fact i CAN look after my phone and if others cant its their own fault.
And just when i thought my guilt had escaped me i found a reasonably new siemens phone next to our rubbish bins with no sim in it
So 0 -> 3phones in 3 weeks aint a bad ratio
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 13:48   #48
Radical Edward

Quote:
no there was no numbers stored on the phones memonry which makes me think it was pretty new at the time :/
Any way my o2 1000 free sms sim is workin in the d500 so be bothered trying to track him down. Ill just take pleasure in the fact i CAN look after my phone and if others cant its their own fault.
And just when i thought my guilt had escaped me i found a reasonably new siemens phone next to our rubbish bins with no sim in it
So 0 -> 3phones in 3 weeks aint a bad ratio
oh well, their loss, your gain. another alternative might be to see if the club will put up a notice asking if someone lost their phone there and give details of it.

Unread 5 Jul 2005, 14:02   #49
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

as someone just said and it made me laugh:

'Go wank yourself to death'
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 00:36   #50
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Which is nice to know, because I thought I was vaugly conciencous, and am poor because I do not wish to hoard possessions that I do not need, and that others do, just so that I can have dinner parties and eat "Fizz and caviar, [where] caviar is served on blinis with sour cream and optional lemon wedges".
I like edmoo