User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jul 2005, 03:12   #1
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold
Exiling

I heard, but can't confirm that PA team helps out active players who end up in really inactive gals. Such has happened to me, I'm 3-5 times bigger than every1 else and I've exiled 3 times and can barely afford any more. I understood the terms of self-exiling and such and am only wondering if help is at hand.
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 04:06   #2
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: Exiling

i hope for you... paying to play and ending up in a gal of inactive free accounts is extreme bad luck. Imagine you can't even pick ministers... no exile vote... nothing but the void.

Plz help him
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 04:10   #3
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

I voted for myself- I'm now GC, but there is only 1 other paid account so only 1 minister.

Last edited by Thermodynamics; 30 Jul 2005 at 05:11.
Thermodynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 11:53   #4
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

i genuinely hope the rules are NOT being bent to help ppl like yourself, rules of the game are there to be followed, and i aint gonna go thru the whole slipperly slope arguement. the rules of self exile are there for all to read, i find it difficult to beleve ALL the gals you exiled from were as inactive.

maybe it should be the price you pay for trying to self exile into a top galaxy (not saying that that is what you have done, but this is a way which it could be abused)

the solution should involve saving up for a self exile (as per the rules you have seen in the manual and on self exile screen). This way everyone is on a fair playing feild.

i hope tbh you are wrong and that this hasnt been done before, if it has i will be very disappointed
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 11:57   #5
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

I can gaurentee you that they have all be extremely inactive- I left my first galaxy for political reasons and it takes me 20 ticks to save up to exile again.
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 12:06   #6
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics
I can gaurentee you that they have all be extremely inactive- I left my first galaxy for political reasons and it takes me 20 ticks to save up to exile again.
so they were not all inactive then, you left a perfectly active galaxy :/, were you to be allowed to exile for free what about all the other ppl who want to exile for "political reasons" there is a price on exiles for a reason, to deter ppl from doing it, the answer is simple suck it up, save for 20 ticks then self exile.
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 12:12   #7
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Ah but you see, in 20 ticks time no roids will be gone. My fleet has been sent away and without roids it will take FOREVER to save up. And I would not say "perfectly active". There was myself and 1 other guy online most of the time,he's left too but has been a bit luckier.
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 12:21   #8
barney
Ex-Visionary

Quote:
Ah but you see, in 20 ticks time no roids will be gone. My fleet has been sent away and without roids it will take FOREVER to save up. And I would not say "perfectly active". There was myself and 1 other guy online most of the time,he's left too but has been a bit luckier.
tbh whatever the situation it does not justify breaking the rules of the game, tbh if it had happened to me i would be cursing my luck but i would not be expecting anyone to break the rules which we all sign upto and play under (which incidentally should be the same for everyone, however from what you say this doesnt seam to be the case) to help me.

suck it up, save up and then self exile is the only answer that is fair to the other few thousand people who play the game.
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 12:26   #9
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

I'm hardly going to cry if PA team decide not to help- I just want to know if it keeps heading if this direction, will a helping hand- something small, like my exile "clock" being reset could be done to aid me.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 03:24   #10
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

There should be a timer on ppl. that logged how active you where. and when you exiled you would be put with ppl around you own activity. that way ppl can be with ppl of same activity. instead of having their whole round and potential destroyed. that way we end up with gals that ppl are pleased with. and then you have the deadend gals where ppl that realy don't give a damn anyway, end up in.
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 16:31   #11
barney
Ex-Visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
There should be a timer on ppl. that logged how active you where. and when you exiled you would be put with ppl around you own activity. that way ppl can be with ppl of same activity. instead of having their whole round and potential destroyed. that way we end up with gals that ppl are pleased with. and then you have the deadend gals where ppl that realy don't give a damn anyway, end up in.
this is hardly fair tbh, as this promotes super galaxies, with the most active planets being grouped together, this causes the same problems as unlimited self exiles imo, it is just a much more efficiant way to acheive these large powerful galaxies.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 22:37   #12
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
I'm hardly going to cry if PA team decide not to help- I just want to know if it keeps heading if this direction, will a helping hand- something small, like my exile "clock" being reset could be done to aid me.
Problem is, if its done for one person, others turn around and say "why not me"
If its been done, its a dangerous precident, and should be stopped immediately.
If its not - good; this is the way it should be.

Everyone in the game should be treated equally by pateam
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 04:53   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Problem is, if its done for one person, others turn around and say "why not me"
If its been done, its a dangerous precident, and should be stopped immediately.
If its not - good; this is the way it should be.

Everyone in the game should be treated equally by pateam
i concurr.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 08:43   #14
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

A guy told me that he;'s been given two free exiles by the admins, so it would seem that it does happen.

He might have been lying though
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 09:12   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
A guy told me that he;'s been given two free exiles by the admins, so it would seem that it does happen.

in previous rounds with only 1 self exile if a galaxy was genuinly lacking in paid planets (e.g. only 1 or 2) this may have happened, but I highly doubt its happened this round.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 11:34   #16
barney
Ex-Visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker

ive heard the same thing and i doubt VERY much he is lying
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 13:15   #17
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

He landed in my gal, and yes it happened.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 02:43   #18
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

n1 pa-team

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 20:06   #19
barney
Ex-Visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
n1 pa-team
hmm.. and still no admission of despicable guilt

would be nice to know how widespread this behavior is, who is doing it etc.. so people who have paid for exiles or who have tryed to make medium activity gals work know exactly how much they have been ripped off.

<insert comment from PAT here>
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 20:15   #20
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It should be trivial to see who it was. Each admin exile logged the userid of the person doing it while i was there.
ie "Userid x was randomly exiled by an Administrator (Userid y) to x y z"
like that

Still, disappointing that it appears to have happened
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 18:37   #21
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I was exilied by admin.

Should be doable by admins to do, if they c a planet that has been self exiling from 1 shit gal to next shit gal.

Though, ofc. This should happen to all. not just me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote