User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:09   #1
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Domestic.

I bought a cafetiere, a plunger type device. It says I must use coarse ground coffee and not fine ground coffee. Yet Tescos does not say whether their ground coffee is coarse or not. What on earth do I do? How coarse is coarse and how fine is fine?

How do people survive in this crazy mixed up world, I do not know.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:12   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Domestic.

Isn't fine ground coffee the same size particles as salt or pepper?

And coarse is larger pieces.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:15   #3
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Well, if that is so, and I thankyou if it is, why don't Tescos say how coarse their ground coffee is. I can't take it anymore GD.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:21   #4
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Its so you buy the wrong one and have to go back to buy the right one.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:28   #5
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

To be honest, I don't know! I would just go out and buy the tastiest looking coffee! I mean did you buy it to drink coarse coffee that tastes like ***t? No! You bought it to drink tasty coffee that will give you a caffeine boost to keep you awake long into the night while you chat to your buddies on GD....

Or alternatively- give it to somebody as a present! Problem solved....
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:32   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

this thread was funnier when jammyjim did it.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:32   #7
Nantoz

Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Is it one of these that you've aquired?

I think you should use the same type of coffee that you would use for boling coffee in a pot, not the type you would use with a machine.
Nantoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:32   #8
Weeks
Banned

Well fine coffee will **** my cafetiere. And non-instant coffee is just so much nicer. And I don't normally take it for a caffine boost. I'm subnormal, I know.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:34   #9
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
I'm subnormal, I know.
As long as we agree
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:35   #10
Weeks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
Is it one of these that you've aquired?

I think you should use the same type of coffee that you would use for boling coffee in a pot, not the type you would use with a machine.
1) Yes.
2) I am not the kind of person who boils coffee in a pot.
3) I've never bought coffee for a machine either.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:36   #11
Weeks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
this thread was funnier when jammyjim did it.
1) Well, look.
2) I'm sorry.
3) I'm not here to amuse.
4) Bye.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:38   #12
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

http://www.coffeeforums.com/
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:41   #13
Nantoz

Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
1) Yes.
2) I am not the kind of person who boils coffee in a pot.
3) I've never bought coffee for a machine either.
OK.
On the bags or tins of coffee it will probably say something like "pot coffee" and "machine coffee". Choose the one that says "pot coffee" or whatever the English equivalent is.
According to a coffee site I just checked you can use the finer machine coffee, but then you have to use less of the coffee than usual.

The ideal would be to buy coffee from a proper store that grinds them for you at the correct size, better taste, more freshness, etc.

BTW: How have you made your coffee prior to this? Nescafé?
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:42   #14
Madina
TashTastic

Quote:
OK.
On the bags or tins of coffee it will probably say something like "pot coffee" and "machine coffee". Choose the one that says "pot coffee" or whatever the English equivalent is.
Have you read all this thread? e.g. the first post which says that there isnt any indication of what type of coffee it is on the packet
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:46   #15
Nantoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
Have you read all this thread? e.g. the first post which says that there isnt any indication of what type of coffee it is on the packet
Weeks said that there was no indication of grain size. But there might be a mention of grain type. Since pot coffee is coarser than machine coffee that would be the obvious choice.

I cannot belive that Tesco would have two (atleast ) types of coffee without any way of diferentiating between them.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:53   #16
Weeks
Banned

Quote:
http://www.coffeeforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2226

hahahahhahahha. And thanks.

I'm not sure if anyone will reply. But the avatar has cheered me right up.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:54   #17
Weeks
Banned

Quote:
Weeks said that there was no indication of grain size. But there might be a mention of grain type. Since pot coffee is coarser than machine coffee that would be the obvious choice.

I cannot belive that Tesco would have two (atleast ) types of coffee without any way of diferentiating between them.
I'd link you to the choice at Tesco.com but you need to register to be able to look at their goods. Bastards.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 23:57   #18
Weeks
Banned

For example, these say nothing of their grain size.
http://www.alotofcoffee.co.uk/coffees.php
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:01   #19
Nantoz

Quote:
For example, these say nothing of their grain size.
http://www.alotofcoffee.co.uk/coffees.php
LOL!!!

They all do.

Pure Delight
Generic grind suitable for most coffee making methods.

El Mexicano
Particularly suited for cafetičre and filter machines.
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:01   #20
Madina
TashTastic

Weeks your av doesnt work on coffeeforums. I dont know why you didnt do what i did and goto google and type 'coffee forums'
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:05   #21
Weeks
Banned

I assumed my cafetiere was special and wanted coarse coffee.
Silly me.
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:07   #22
Weeks
Banned

Quote:
Weeks your av doesnt work on coffeeforums. I dont know why you didnt do what i did and goto google and type 'coffee forums'
I see a 640x800 avatar next to my name.
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:08   #23
Madina
TashTastic

I see http://www.jackjackingoff.iwarp.com/APHEX.jpg
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:09   #24
Weeks
Banned

OK, 400x400 avatar then. Still, I found it amusing. Simple things etc.
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:12   #25
Madina
TashTastic

Ok please share the joke about http://img297.echo.cx/img297/8125/hmm4jm.jpg . Thats what i am seeing.

Im sure you must mean something better than that
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:13   #26
Nantoz

Quote:
Ok please share the joke about http://img297.echo.cx/img297/8125/hmm4jm.jpg . Thats what i am seeing.

Im sure you must mean something better than that
A safe bet is that it's phallic in some way....
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:15   #27
Weeks
Banned

It's just because it's quite big for an avatar. I said it amused me, not that it's funny. There is a distinct difference. Sorry for any confusion.
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:17   #28
Nantoz

Hehe. But what is it supposed to be? Just a deformed pointy thing?

BTW, Weeks. If you take the trip to Finland, you might swing by Norway for a visit....
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:19   #29
Weeks
Banned

Oh finland, norway. You're both not Sweden. That's all I remember. :P

It's a Rephlex sign, Aphex Twin's record label.
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:21   #30
Nantoz

Atleast you know it's in Scandinavia.

I once spoke with an American that was convinced Norway was a Central African country....
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:25   #31
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Any coffee will be fine, really.
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:28   #32
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Domestic.

Why didn't you just buy a jar of Kenco?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 00:49   #33
Weeks
Banned

Instant coffee is rubbish.
I spent enough time in France to realise that.
Coffee with milk is also over-rated / not very nice.
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 03:11   #34
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Well know fact: Real Men drink Real Ale, Real Coffee, and like Real Music

To be fair, instant coffe is just poo. It's all about the cafétiere
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 07:29   #35
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"
Weeks, a final suggestion. You might want a smaller version of your icon. It is so big I could see it before I logged on."

Those coffee forums people sure are observant.
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 15:35   #36
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

If you read the packs most will say 'suitable for cafetiere/filter/whatever' which is generally rather helpful.

I buy Tescos ground coffee in it's many forms (the finest Costa Rica Tarrazu is very nice) which are relatively coarse so should suit a cafatiere (I have a filter)

Alternatively try Douwe Egberts - afaik they have a pack specifically marked for cafetieres.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote