User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Dec 2004, 11:46   #1
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
slightly sociopathic

apparently one bit of research into the effects of smoking dope came up with the conclusion that it can make people who are prone to mental illness get more bonkers quicker (more you smoke the madder you get)

am wondering if i hadnt 'experimented at college' with such things i would be mentally stable

(though i refused to speak to other children for a year when i was 4 so perhaps i was mental then too)

are you a bit mad?
did you do drugs?
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 11:49   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: slightly sociopathic

I didnt smoke weed for many years but the reason I quit was because it made me really really introvert and paranoid.

Alcohol is my part-time drug.
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 12:21   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i smoke fags id say 10-20 a day depending on the day, havent seen any side effects yet...

on weed i do believe it effects your mental judgment somewhat...
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 12:27   #4
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

when i have weed (75% of the time) i will smoke 5 or 6 times a day. was reading the independent last week and aparently smoking 3 joints a day damages the lungs as much as 20 cigarettes. that must be ****ing bullshit!

but yeah, im prefectly normal
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 12:34   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I've been a stoner and I've been mad. The madness only came after I stopped smoking weed though.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 12:37   #6
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Hash did mess up my Uncle pretty bad mentally. He was schizophrenic to begin with but they made him a hell of alot worse.

One of my best friends was fine,normal,not really depressive etc. He started smoking quite alot (every day for a year or so, then roung 5 times a week for months and months) and he's more messed up mental health wise now than before.

A guy I work with smokes every day and he's plain whacked out of his gord.

Personally I tried it now and again but I wouldn't blame it for any problem I might have. But from what I've seen it does seem to aggrivate the situation in many people.

I think my gf's mad but she didn't do any drugs. Thing is she's also a woman so the 'mad' thing could just be that.
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 12:53   #7
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i have always thought myself to be slightly sociopathic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4073775.stm

this study appears to think so to (im left handed)
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 14:51   #8
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

I'm fine, but then I got a grip of drugs.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 15:21   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
are you a bit mad?
Yes.
Quote:
did you do drugs?
No.
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 15:56   #10
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Some of the most sane people I know do a lot of drugs.
Some of the least sane people I know do a lot of drugs.

I think if you are screwed up to begin with, then doing something that can change your perception of reality is always going to **** with your head.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 17:49   #11
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Practically everyone I know is 'a bit mad'. It depends what you mean by mad. Most of them are just a bit eccentric, not mentally unstable.

Edit: I'd say about half these people have 'done drugs' at some point.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 17:50   #12
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Most people saying they're mad are as dull as ****.
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 22:13   #13
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
Some of the most sane people I know do a lot of drugs.
Some of the least sane people I know do a lot of drugs.

I think if you are screwed up to begin with, then doing something that can change your perception of reality is always going to **** with your head.
Now this is interesting. To really understand where i'm coming from you might need to drop some of the more commom misconceptions of sanity/insanity. It is not a label, but a term, and as such needs a definition- sanity is a state of constantly evaluating your own behavior, and your own intentions, win a clear, logical fashion. Those who are termed "insane" usually fall short of this and engage in behaviour which is neither rational or been subjected to clear evaluation by the said individual.

Most people are only partly sane, agreed? They approach life in a manner consistent with a combination of both "sanity and insanity". If you were entirely sane, logic would appeal to you in just about every aspect of your life, a calm and cool ,analytic approach with well-defined goals Yet these kind of people, are often classed as insane- these are typical characteristic of serial killers- with a difficulty to empathise. And surely if you disagree with me- somebody who approaches life in this fashion would be considered "odd" by anyone's standards....

On the other side of the coin..... If you toddle through your life in a completely random pattern, with no clear coherence or stability to your actions or thoughts- you are quite clearly insane- and would not be consider normal.

So to be considered "mentally stable" by the rest of your society, you need an mind encompassing both of these. Perhaps i'm too sane?? I'm really not sure if what i just said made any saense or even if the arugment has been presented in a fashion that withstand even the most feeble of critcisms.
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 22:23   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: slightly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i have always thought myself to be slightly sociopathic
You're Mr Normal.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 22:41   #15
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Maybe if you hadn't experimented you wouldn't seek so much attention or be so posessive.

Just think, this thread is all you you you!
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 22:54   #16
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

Sorry?
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 22:56   #17
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Most people saying they're mad are as dull as ****.
It depends on what definition of mad one uses.
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 23:02   #18
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i am dull as **** and i am as predictable as 1+1
Unread 10 Dec 2004, 15:34   #19
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
Practically everyone I know is 'a bit mad'. It depends what you mean by mad. Most of them are just a bit eccentric, not mentally unstable.

Edit: I'd say about half these people have 'done drugs' at some point.
By Thermo's description just about everyone you know is sane.

Although some of them are edging towards 'serial killer' type sanity.
Unread 10 Dec 2004, 15:40   #20
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
i am dull as **** and i am as predictable as 1+1

On these forums, I think I agree with you.
Unread 10 Dec 2004, 17:48   #21
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

I wanted to write something but I forgot what the thread was about. If only I could have played the hapsichord like perfectly... Then all would be blueish as now seering red with intermitting yellow dots. Moohaaaa! Beep.