User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Dec 2004, 01:40   #51
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Depression

what are they doping you up with?

(serious question)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 02:14   #52
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Event_Horizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics
Goals, ambitions? For what? Sure i want my material comforts... but when i wlk down the stairs every day, my brain makes many, many complicated calculations: my weight, air resistance, the resistive forces of the stairs, the friction the carpet will provide etc.

A single miscalculation and my ankle could slip, i could easily fall. Snap my neck, fracture my skull. My life could end at any point, being constantly aware of this..... hmmm..... creates a general approach to life known as apathy. My most depressed times are spent hiding under my desk or on my floor in the dark, I simply do not have any drive nor do I derive any pleasure out of the accomplishment of my goals, perhaps the rest of society can't see past tomorrow- but i can't see out of the cruel cage of depression of depression that I have enforced upon my mind and being- and why i do not know.
Well there ya go, apathy. A very dangerous mind set, especially when it is towards living in general. I had a friend that had to take a semester off of college because of apathy towards school work and any kind of work in general, so I think I sorta know what you mean. Surely there must be some things that make you happy (both socially and materially)? I think I read in this forum that you enjoy physics, why don't you concentrate on this and try and become a professor or a scientist in the areas that you are interested in? I guess in the end it is hard to rationalize with you, when I myself am not experiencing your dilemma... who knows though, perhaps one day you will wake up happy...

The Last Ride of Stephen Whatley and His Immortals
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 18:22   #53
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

Not taking medication of any form, I'm sure i mentioned why, after a few months on morphine... well i have a serious aversion to anything that might impede my faculties so.

That's not so good about your friend- did he get thru it?
Hmmm materially- I got a grill and a cow (for a family in Sudan) last xmas, so not really.
Socially- I used to work for a charity, I found it very fullingly but I didn't have the upbeat personality needed to deal with those less fortunate.
Socially- being in love, but that i'm afraid is not so readily avaliable.
Oh i do love physics- but if i am lucky enuf to marry and have kids, i want them to be raised by either myself or my wife- not by strangers in a créche, and seeeing as i don'y know if my wife's career can support us yet- I have to ensure mine will, which is unfortunate- It means i probably won't choose a career in physics.

Thanks for all the support you guys are giving... it's real nice... appreciate it... feel free to moan about your problems- I enjoy helping ppl out too...