User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Closed Thread
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 07:41   #1
LordBrem

LordBrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Struct change

Change the max struct killing to 50% from 20%.

However, exclude amps and finance centers. These are the two things that give large players (who don't get bashed) a large advantage. Perhaps have a cov ops to kill them, or don't allow them to die at all.

The other things, e.g. blockers and so forth are not as critical and can be rebuilt. Factories you only need one of, so are easy to rebuild.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 09:03   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Struct change

Terrible idea. It's not just amps and finance centers, it's security centers and distorters as well. Structure killing is way broken already, no need to break it even further.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 11:16   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I agree, this is the wrong way to go with structure killing.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 14:50   #4
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Worst idea i ever did see.

And from what I have seen you base your most of your suggestions on killing structures aka the getting xp for it to.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 17:59   #5
LordBrem

LordBrem is an unknown quantity at this point

Distorters and security are not nearly as powerful.

This would allow people to avoid structure killing on their planet if they chose.

How is struct killing in any way broken? It doesn't get you ANYTHING.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 18:12   #6
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrem

The random factor, the lack of relative salvage, etc.

There are multiple threads on the flaws of structure killing here, take a look.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 20:15   #7
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrem
Other way around. It's what it destroys that's broken.

Read this for more information.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 20:38   #8
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

Hmmmm.... I feel at present the sturc killing system was designed to be best taken advantage of those who happen to be mean and spiteful- there is absolutlely NO benefit for you to do it- it sucks up valueably res that could be spent productively- why do it? Unless you really don't like somebody of course, but personally, I don't even own a single sphinx. An XP bonus would definately see a rise in SK, but in terms of recovery, the gal fund can't help [building times etc., at least not immediately] thus reducing a galaxies capaticity to work as a unit and strengthen their "weakest link". Either keep the present system in place or abolish it and bring down the max structure limit.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 22:21   #9
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics
Hmmmm.... I feel at present the sturc killing system was designed to be best taken advantage of those who happen to be mean and spiteful- there is absolutlely NO benefit for you to do it- it sucks up valueably res that could be spent productively- why do it? Unless you really don't like somebody of course, but personally, I don't even own a single sphinx. An XP bonus would definately see a rise in SK, but in terms of recovery, the gal fund can't help [building times etc., at least not immediately] thus reducing a galaxies capaticity to work as a unit and strengthen their "weakest link". Either keep the present system in place or abolish it and bring down the max structure limit.
How many targets do you actually know who are? I find that it's very seldom you know who has the planet unless the target is a large one. I don't think that structure killers really bother the large players that much. But I do think they bother the small players a lot.
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 01:46   #10
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

NO WAY!! I think it should be lowered as anyone with a large amount, such as 30+, lose an awful lot in 1 tick currently which takes a very long time to rebuild. the limit should be 10% at the very very highest, but carry more armour and more xp when destroyed
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 12:28   #11
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol
I don't think that structure killers really bother the large players that much. But I do think they bother the small players a lot.
I think you're wrong. A lot of big incoming are covered with EMP and subversion, which often means that some structure killers will remain uncovered. When you have ~100 structures, that can hurt a lot.
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 11:36   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

It is a bad idea to increase the damage that can be done by structure killers, if anything the damage should be further limited.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread