User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 May 2008, 23:20   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Helping an immigrant

Today I was just about to have a shower when I heard some shouting outside my house. I looked out the window and saw a 40 year old guy who was on the floor and a woman shouting telling him he has to stay there and looking around. I popped out and she wanted me to ring 999. He had been attacked by two youngsters with a stone who had tried to mug him.

The thing is, he's an immigrant and could speak English alright, has no family or friends here, has had the same clothes since he arrived in England, illegally might I add 5 days ago. He told me he had been sleeping underneath the bridge in East Ham, near to where I am situated. I rang up 118118 got the address of a shelter nearby, gave him a few clothes I was gonna throw out and a bottle of water. The neighbour to my left who could speak his language and the neighbour next to them, a carribean lady brought out a jacket and some carribean vegetarian rice with peas and jerk sauce (damn) for him to eat as he not only had a fractured arm and probably shoulder due to the aforementioned incident right outside my doorstep, but had had nothing to eat.

The ambulance came around 45 minutes after I called them as they did not deem it an emergency on the basis that a) he was not bleeding & b) was conscious. Good to know while you could be in pain and bleeding internally (which can happen to me due to my platelet disorder), that the NHS where I am would only mark me as a high priority case if I was unconscious or was bleeding 'visibly' & 'heavily'.

Fair enough it's his fault for coming to this country, what does he expect but a little help goes a long way for someone.

So what have you done recently to help someone less fortunate than yourself? Stop and think about. Stupid replies can kindly delete themselves thanks.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores

Last edited by Androme; 25 May 2008 at 23:56.
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2008, 23:29   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Help Thy Neighbour

i'm pretty sure you're now guilty of aiding and abetting an illegal immigrant.

thank goodness that you've already been punished and sent to live in east ham
Unread 25 May 2008, 23:42   #3
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I went to West Ham once, after my first GD meet. I was going to Westferry and went to sleep on the bus.*

*yes, went to sleep rather than fell asleep. It was late and I was tired. I even set my alarm to wild of up before my stop, but I turned it off and went back to sleep.

I learnt a valuable lesson that evening; East Ham is an absolute dive.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2008, 23:44   #4
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
i'm pretty sure you're now guilty of aiding and abetting an illegal immigrant.

thank goodness that you've already been punished and sent to live in east ham
I do hope that is only an offense in the Daily Mail.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 25 May 2008, 23:44   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If west ham is so bad, why did the immigrant choose to go there?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2008, 23:51   #6
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
If west ham is so bad, why did the immigrant choose to go there?
He didn't.
Unread 25 May 2008, 23:57   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

East Ham, Stratford, Ilford etc. are shit holes.

For the record before yahwe comes to burn the folk of these villages with sticks lit on fire and rakes, I do not live in East Ham neither.
----------retired-------
Unread 26 May 2008, 11:32   #8
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I helped feeding starving Africans, gave to the poor, invested in social cohesion, tried to put an halt to global warming, payed for everyone's healthcare, helped funding the construction of stable and democratic Afghanistan and Iraq, payed for my neighbours schooling, invested in their security and who knows what else. I've done a lot of good deeds for the less fortunate lately. And I intend to keep doing it.
Unread 26 May 2008, 11:55   #9
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Since last year I've been funding the general pardon for asylum seekers. I don't know why exactly. Maybe it's just because i'm a ****ing good and benevolent person. I don't mind doing my part in helping out the needing.
Unread 26 May 2008, 12:02   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

An old lady fell over today in town and I helped her up!
Unread 26 May 2008, 13:56   #11
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I helped an old lady across the road about 3 years ago. She didn't thank me. I haven't helped anyone since.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2008, 14:28   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
I helped an old lady across the road about 3 years ago. She didn't thank me. I haven't helped anyone since.
What a bitch.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2008, 15:52   #13
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
giving her a piggyback across the road isn't the best way of getting her across the road
----------retired-------
Unread 26 May 2008, 16:11   #14
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
giving her a piggyback across the road isn't the best way of getting her across the road
Especially when you're on her back!
Unread 26 May 2008, 18:04   #15
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Especially when you're on her back!
Whatever turns you on!
----------retired-------
Unread 26 May 2008, 21:19   #16
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I dated a girl on saturday. She is practicly my neighbour (ie two streets away)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2008, 00:48   #17
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Is that a help or a hinderance?
Unread 27 May 2008, 01:09   #18
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

She seemed to enjoy it, so I guess it was helping
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2008, 01:17   #19
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

nice one
Unread 28 May 2008, 15:30   #20
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I once tried to help up an old man that fell right infront of me.
That was untill some prick coming from behind me though that HE should be the hero helping this poor man up and harshly pushed me out of the way :/

Another person I tried to help before was again an old man. Me and a mate were driving in a car when suddenly we see an old man fall down on his bike. We immediatly stop the car, go to the old man, who is knocked out and not responding to anything. We call 100 (our country's distress number) and they tell us to wait till they arrive. Now a crowd has gathered around the old. Some immigrant that worked in a nightshop is also there and out of all the people gathered there he is the only one who can remember there is a docter 10 meter down the road. He rushes there and tells the doctor to come.
Took about 15 minutes for that doctor to get off his ass (and still he was there before the ambulance got there) and instead of rushing to the scene where the old man is he just walks very very slowly.
The next day I hear that the old man has died on his way to the hospital.
I really wonder what would have happened if the ambulance & the doctor that lived 10mr down the road had actually hurried to save an old man...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2008, 15:38   #21
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Then he would have died a few years later and all their hard word would have been in vain. The moral of this story? Don't delay the inevitable. Jump off the Eiffel Tower today.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2008, 17:42   #22
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Then he would have died a few years later and all their hard word would have been in vain. The moral of this story? Don't delay the inevitable. Jump off the Eiffel Tower today.
I think you will find that the moral of the story is,

Don't be slow, push an old person down today!
Unread 28 May 2008, 18:08   #23
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"Don't delay, push an old person down today" flows better.

No wonder you gave up that musical degree... :crymeariver:
Unread 28 May 2008, 18:23   #24
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
"Don't delay, push an old person down today" flows better.

No wonder you gave up that musical degree... :crymeariver:
"Don't delay, push an OAP today" flows even better.
Unread 28 May 2008, 19:27   #25
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
"Don't delay, push an OAP today" flows even better.
no it doesn't.

Unread 28 May 2008, 20:36   #26
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
no it doesn't.

Why must you insist on being wrong?
Unread 28 May 2008, 22:52   #27
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Why must you insist on being wrong?
Because he choses to [/matrix]