User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Apr 2007, 20:55   #1
Clunge
Nnneeeiiiggghhh!

Clunge has a spectacular aura aboutClunge has a spectacular aura aboutClunge has a spectacular aura about
Orb R21

Ok, the original post was a tad slap-dash, so here's the proper plan.

ORB

History
It all started in round 10 when myself and my friend got back into PA after a playing a few early rounds and decided we'd have a bash at crafting ourselves an alliance of our own. Initially, all went well, we recruited 4 or 5 good players and then went on to have a successful round 10.5.

However, it was then we were offered the opportunity to merge with another new alliance, Sticky, and it was then that ORB folded, my fellow HC and I went our separate ways (him to NoS, me to Sticky). ORB lay dormant until rounds 16/17 where we revived the alliance under another name, again, having similar success to out first outing.

PA though, has come a long way since we started and has fallen into something of a decline of recent and I can sympathise with anyone who is in our position of builidng a new alliance. We are determined however, to make a success of the next x amount of rounds, starting small and working up to build a solid alliance.

Aims/Targets

ORB aims to become a solid alliance; we're not looking to become a big player or to gather up 50 odd members, we're looking to build a tightly-knit alliance around a group of commited players, even if that's just 4 or 5 people. Our core objectives are:

- Rank as the highest averagely scored alliance. This will be our main objective. We see this as a much more difficult challenge than finished as the #1 ranked alliance and overall, more rewarding.

- Create a friendly community of players who are above all, thoroughly commited to PA and it's necessities, those being IRC, regular activity and the will to do some serious Viking-style pillaging!

- We do not however, want to seem in any way dogmatic; ORB will be a completely open and democratic community where the opinions and thoughts of every member are valued.

Like I've said before, going for highest avg. score is a tough ask. It is therefore important that recruits can meet our recruitment criteria.

Entry Criteria

- You MUST have a paid PA account
- You must show your face regularly on IRC, daily activity is both preferable and beneficial
- Regular ingame activity
- Participation in alliance attacks and offer defence if it is necessary/plausible

Think you've got what it takes? Our public IRC channel is #orb - PM one of the ops in there, myself Clunge or MrMeikel my fellow HC and we'll have a chinwag about alliancey stuff. Meet those four criteria and SHAZAM! - You're in . And you never know, say the right things and show willing and we might even wave you through, ahem.
[b]
REMEMBER: ORB is still only two people and therefore we cannot guarentee that you'll get a speedy reply in our IRC channel, I will always be there so you can leave me a PM and I will try and respond as quickly as possible (this could be a few hours depending on my college time table/social life ) - don't disappear! We want you in!

Cheers all and have a good round!

Last edited by Clunge; 19 May 2007 at 17:00.
Clunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2007, 22:54   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Orb R21

You could really do with telling us a bit more about yourselves: what your plans/aims are, whether or not you have an IRC channel (I'd say one is near-essential), etc.

This thread would be a very useful read.
Unread 5 Apr 2007, 23:55   #3
Clunge
Nnneeeiiiggghhh!

Clunge has a spectacular aura aboutClunge has a spectacular aura aboutClunge has a spectacular aura about

Yee, I/we have read all that a hundred times and have been through the alliance creation process 3/4 times. It was back in rounds 10.5/11 that ORB was really up and going, since then my fellow HC and myself have been in a bucket load of alliances and both been away from PA for a number of rounds but felt the calling once again.

Suffice to say at the moment, this is all very speculative and under consideration; we offer and aim for mystery at the present time.

Anyhoo, regardless, we'll be playing for a good few rounds to come .
Unread 5 Apr 2007, 23:56   #4
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

gl lads

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2007, 12:32   #5
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

I feel I must object to the name.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2007, 14:42   #6
Clunge
Nnneeeiiiggghhh!

Orb has been an active alliance name since r10.5 and has participated in 4/5 rounds of play and you've only just noticed?

Unread 14 Apr 2007, 17:03   #7
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Perhaps Crowly, like many others, doesn't pay attention to all the little alliances that pop up every once in a while for a round or two then dissappear for a long time.
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 17:23   #8
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Or perhaps I'm just dopey and absent minded.

Either/or.
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 18:20   #9
Clunge
Nnneeeiiiggghhh!

Hehe, well I'm sure we can co-exist. And tbh, you are 40 members better off than us :lol:.
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 00:01   #10
Crowly
Orbit HC

It will play in our favour in the allcomp!
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 07:47   #11
Clunge
Nnneeeiiiggghhh!

Can't deny that.
Unread 18 Apr 2007, 18:21   #12
Clunge
Nnneeeiiiggghhh!

Ok, I've updated the recruitment post as it was a trifle shabby .
Unread 19 Apr 2007, 03:01   #13
Dorraj
[TGV]

Dorraj has a little shameless behaviour in the past

nice update, much better and clearly says what you guys want in this round and in future rounds

good luck!
Round 16 - No PA
Round 17 - TGV - Officer
Round 18 - Omen - Officer
Round 19 - TGV - HC
Round 20 - TGV - Officer
Round 21 - TGV - Officer
Round 22 - 42 - No PA
Round 43 - TGV - Peon
Dorraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2007, 16:06   #14
Phrazer
Cymru Am Byth

Phrazer has a spectacular aura aboutPhrazer has a spectacular aura about

I remember Clunge from Orbits ealier days!!

Good luck with the alliance mate, hope it goes well

Round 12 - 13 - E1W HC
Round 14 - 18 - Orbit HC
Round 19 - 32 - Orbit Forever. Nothing else comes close!!
Round 39+ - Currently chilling out in S.P.Q.R

<Gruff|afk> omg....this is the best pm i've ever had!!!!!!
<Gruff|afk> you have just got up so many positions in my "Gruff-o-meter scale"
Phrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2007, 19:44   #15
Clunge
Nnneeeiiiggghhh!

Yay, cheers mate .

Shame we're nowhere near Orbit's level yet .