User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Jan 2006, 18:56   #1
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
[Football] TV Commercials for Feb. 4th

I wonder what commercials Budweiser will come up with this Superbowl season....

The three frogs -

Bud
Wies
Er
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 19:25   #2
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] TV Commercials for Feb. 4th

Wrong tag.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:16   #3
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Tag should read [Real Man's Football].
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:19   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

real men do not wear 50 kilo protection gear to not get hurt
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:20   #5
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
which is why hockey >>>>> icehockey.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:21   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I am not entirely up to date with the current field hockey rules but isn't it so that you aren't allowed to have fysical contact with the other players?
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:25   #7
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
And take breaks every 15 seconds in case they get tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
which is why hockey >>>>> icehockey.
This is like saying that being stabbed is better than being shot - it may be true, but neither is awfully high on any sane person's "to do" list.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:29   #8
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Maybe in Europe, dressing in little nancyish shorts a rushing up and down the field with their arms and wrists flapping about is considered manly. Not here. Hell, even the Australians play a more rugged form of football.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:32   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Maybe in Europe, dressing in little nancyish shorts a rushing up and down the field with their arms and wrists flapping about is considered manly. Not here. Hell, even the Australians play a more rugged form of football.
Ever heard of rugby? It's like american football except you can't pass forwards, you kick more often, there are no pauses and no protective padding except occasionally for shoulder pads. While I was in LA I spent some time talking to my cousin (through marriage thingy) who loved it to bits. I advise all americans to at least try watching the game.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:33   #10
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Apparently american football is the cause of most sporting injuries!

Even so, calling a sport football when it's mostly about throwing or running with the ball in your hands is a bit stupid if you ask me.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:35   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda

Only in America fat beer drinking bastards can become rich and famous profesional sportsmen.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:41   #12
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Wrong tag.
Football is the name.

Soccer, is the name the Brits should use.
Quote:
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:43   #13
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
Soccer, is the name the Brits should use.
Yob's commas, are a sign of idiocy.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:48   #14
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
Yob's commas, are a sign of idiocy.
My useless commas are a result of last minute sentance editing and forgetfullness.
Quote:

Last edited by Kurashima; 19 Jan 2006 at 22:57.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:57   #15
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Why would that be, as far I know Football was invented ages before there where even american.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 22:30   #16
dda
USS Oklahoma

1. I have not suggested that football is not a proper name for soccer/football. Merely that the football tag should be modified to Real Man's Football when refering to the football played at the super bowl.

2. Those who disparage American football players have never seen what happens when a 6 foot 5 inch, 320 pound lineman who can run a 4.7 40 yards collides with some poor schmuck regardless of the amount of body armor each is wearing.

3. As to Rugby. Rugby is also a man's game. Though it does seem that they like touching their team mates a trifle too much.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 22:31   #17
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Why would that be, as far I know Football was invented ages before there where even american.
You don't know much then.
Quote:
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 00:15   #18
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Ever heard of rugby? It's like american football except you can't pass forwards, you kick more often, there are no pauses and no protective padding except occasionally for shoulder pads. While I was in LA I spent some time talking to my cousin (through marriage thingy) who loved it to bits. I advise all americans to at least try watching the game.
If rugby were half the game, or half as physically taxing, you might have a point. We wont even go into the complete lack of tactical skill in rugby. Oh wait i just did Never mind, ill only piss off the rugby players
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 00:20   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eJohn
If rugby were half the game, or half as physically taxing, you might have a point. We wont even go into the complete lack of tactical skill in rugby. Oh wait i just did Never mind, ill only piss off the rugby players
Just because scotland is even worse at it than football
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 00:24   #20
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

I actually try and will them to lose, so they are humiliated as punishment for playing a crap sport.

And Scotland is much much worse at football. We're like, top 10 in rugby or something. (hoho, now you have to let that slip or bemoan the lack of depth and intrest in rugby as an international sport)
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 00:29   #21
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Just because scotland is even worse at it than football
Oh right

And Irish football is the bees ****ing knees. Shamrock Rovers for the Champions League!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 00:29   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

There is a lack of depth and interest in rugby as an international sport though. I'd always encourage more people to take it up and expand the game. Obviously there's far more depth in football, just not much more in most other team sports. Rugby's just great because it's a physical and continuous game you can find yourself getting really emotionally involved in. I shudder when I watch the irish team play football and sometimes I just won't watch it but I'll always watch the rugby team play.

Our international side is better than scotland's kura. We produce better players, they just have to emigrate to get a job lol!
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 00:39   #23
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

A poor 6 nations and you won't even be top 10 .

I'm not sure if American Football has more injuries but I am pretty sure that more people die or end up paralysed playing rugby (union), especially with the scrum. Rucks can be pretty nasty shit as well, especially if you end up on the wrong side and a few opposition players decide to be friendly and move you out of the way via a lot of stamping heh.