User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Feb 2006, 17:29   #1
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Another Tale of the Competence of Aviators

Let us begin.

Jeffreys, (better known to you as Qazok or Jeff) flight instructor says "Let's plan a Cross country flight to Oklahoma City, and file an IFR Flight plan.

"Ok." Says I.

So we fly down to OKC, which is only about 50 or 60 miles south of here, do an ILS approach, land under VFR and begin to climb back out to go home. Atta way to spend 150$.

On our climbout, we're instructed by ATC to

"718EH, continue climbout, turn left and contact departure."

Er.... that's an odd instruction, but who am I to argue? Thinks I.

So I comply, and call up Departure Control,

ME: "OKC Departue 718EH is with you turning left off of the runway 400ft, destination Stillwater."

ATC: "What were your readback instructions?"

ME: "continue climbout, turn left and contact departure."

ATC: "What's your destination?"

ME: "Er, Stillwater."

WE HAVE A FLIGHT PLAN ON FILE YOU DUMB****, LOOK AT YOUR SCREEN!

ATC: "Uh, Ok... turn heading 090 and proceed until further instructions are recieved."

ME: "Roger."

Now, I know that 090 won't get me to Stillwater, as Stillwater is heading 010, but again, who am I to argue with ATC and thier Radar.

10 minutes later....

ATC: "718EH turn north and proceed via own navigation to Stillwater."

ME: "Will do, thanks 718EH."

5 minutes later....

ATC: "718EH what were your instructions? You just cut off two airliners? You need to review your IFR proceedures before coming back into class C airspace."

ME: "Sir, you cleared us to proceed to Stillwater via our own navigation, and we haven't seen any airliners out here, were operating in VMC."

ATC: "Son, if you want to get an attitude then we can do some paperwork, otherwise I reccomend you just keep going."

ME: "Roger."

WTF!? We have an IFR flightplan on file, and then he ****s it all up, and tells US to review our proceedures! We were flying at 6500 ft, we would have SEEN let alone FELT 2 airliners. There wasn't shit.

What a shitbird!

Anyway, I think we're going to report him.

It's cockheads like that that piss me off.

Edit:

Acronyms-

IFR - Instrument Flight Rules (not looking outside)
ILS - Instrument Landing System
OKC - Oklahoma City
VFR - Visual Flight Rules (Looking outside)
ATC - Air Traffic Control
718EH - My Plane
ME - Me.
090 - East
Roger - Ok.
VMC - Visual Marginal Clouds
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.

Last edited by QazokRouge5; 2 Feb 2006 at 22:42.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 17:40   #2
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Another Tale of the Competence of Aviators

acronyms
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 17:54   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I hate it when the man gets you down about your MILF landings but usually it's a case of DVDA at ATC and the best way to deal with DVDA is obviously RTFM.
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 18:16   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

none of you fags have ever played a fighter pilot game in your life have you
I UNDERSTOOD WHAT HE WAS SAYING GAYBOES
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 18:35   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You dont know shit until you've landed a MILF in a 60 knot cross-wind. Shit, that's what you don't know.
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 18:46   #6
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
none of you fags have ever played a fighter pilot game in your life have you
I UNDERSTOOD WHAT HE WAS SAYING GAYBOES
Only game you've played is the one where you play with your joystick while dreaming of Tom Cruise in his sweaty flightsuit.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 20:12   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

French Air Traffic Control are being rather unhelpful, and so my Physics supervisor now can't get back from CERN in time for my supervision.

I've just been saved a very long walk to the Cavendish.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 22:43   #8
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Edited for you lot.
Quote:
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 23:17   #9
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
Edited for you lot.
It makes more sense now,. I think you should record your ATC conversations if it can put you in legal jeapordy.
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 23:47   #10
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Isn't that what flight recorders are for?
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 00:31   #11
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Isn't that what flight recorders are for?
No, flight recorders are actually in the plane, but ALL ATC radio transmissions are recorded and kept for a certain period of time, (two weeks if memory serves?)

Besides, we were in a plane so small that all we have is an ELT.

I think Jason, My CFI sent a letter of complaint in today, btw....

Oh yeah...

CFI - Certified Flight Instructor.

<3 horn
Quote:
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 00:34   #12
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Oh, I got neg repped for this

"VMC = Visual Meteorological Conditions, dude."

I know perfectly well what VMC is, but the term 'Visual Meteorological Conditions' is usually confusing to most people, so at the flight center we say 'Visual Marginal Clouds' to students, as it's easier to remember. They are the same thing in essence, and when they (the students) start to work on thier CFI then they can get it right.

So, piss off.
Quote:
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 09:22   #13
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Personally anyone attempting to fly at all is crazy, it's a heck of a long way to fall