User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:33   #101
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Re: MISTU storm into 3rd....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
they didn't leave an alliance in game - at no time were they without an alliance - the entire alliances were merged, all ranks were kept the same etc.

that is wrong in this case, both mistu and phratkos kicked members to be able to merge.
Phratkos was not just 22 members who fully merged into an odd 50 member alliance.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:34   #102
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

the manual has been updated to relfect that mergers are now possible, we apologise for this information not being in the manual from the start of this round or indeed last round.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:36   #103
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
that is wrong in this case, both mistu and phratkos kicked members to be able to merge.
Phratkos was not just 22 members who fully merged into an odd 50 member alliance.
I would normlly agree with you, however a lot of Phraktos' memebers were inacitves and hence were not wanted in the new merged alliance. Also I know that some left becuase they did not want to be part of the new merged alliance. I expect that similarly mistu kicked its inactive members which is again a reasonable thing to do.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:39   #104
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

how do you know all of these members personally and can judge each case ? On the otherhand the ones who left THEIR alliance because they didnt agree with a merger should have the same advantage as those who merged with mistu, or is that not correct ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:41   #105
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

When mistu now attack the kicked mistu/phrak players, will that be farming?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:43   #106
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
the manual has been updated to relfect that mergers are now possible, we apologise for this information not being in the manual from the start of this round or indeed last round.
Updated 5 mins ago, good job.

not
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:44   #107
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
IF it is farming it will be treated as famring - if anyone suspects anything they are as allways free to report it.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:47   #108
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
IF it is farming it will be treated as famring - if anyone suspects anything they are as allways free to report it.

That wasnt my question.

My question is, is mass-kicking in order to recruit (yes it was recruiting, NOT merging), a group of big players, which will enevitably give out a lot of defenceless targets for those same big players, gonna be classed as farming, or just a 'normal' attack.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:48   #109
Crazeh
Jedi Mastah

Crazeh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
tbh.... i don't really care about the fact they merged.... what i do mind however is the way PaTeam seems to be making the rules in the current game.

I landed in a shit gal, exiled 4 / 5 times ( i don't even know anymore) , wasting atleast 9 mil resources, losing almost any roids i had and most of my fleet, to only land in worse or equal bad gals. So i figured... Hey as a paying customer i might be able to expect some decent treatment, but ofcourse not. I immediatly get told that moving or any other compensation is out of the question since its just bad luck for me to have paid and get my round ruined for landing in crap gal(s). "I should have known before getting my planet paid that this was the risk of a random round".

And now we have 2 alliances, seemingly struggling to hold on. I would describe that as the same problems i (and many others i suppose) had (and still have) trying to find a gal ----> its just tough luck they landed in a crap alliance and they should pay the consequences (72 tick allianceless). But for some reason, this is completely different for the PaTeam then the problems i have to find a decent gal.

I really hope that PaTeam would learn to be fair or equal in judgement in these kind of matters. SO MERGE MY PLANET WITH ANOTHER GAL DAMNIT! SINCE MERGING SEEMS TO BE FINE!
Hail Wandows!

I think there were alot of us in this situation.

I mailed & talked to PA Team at start of the round.. At pt66 my galaxy had 3 planets with roids.. The last mail I sent to Phil complaining about the unfairness for paying costumers, he didnt even reply!
I don't see why PA Team couldn't have done something similar for the paying planets when asked early in round, when they themselves admittedly saw the flaws in their whole buddy/random galaxy set up system obviously didn't work.

This is just so typical PA, and as others have mentioned, this will only lead to loosing more players. We have heard little else from PA Team last 5 rounds other than 'we have to make the community bigger again, we need more players, YOU must get your friends to play' etc etc etc
Well woopde****indoo... why don't PA Team atleast start treating Paying customers with a tiny little bit of Respect!!!

MERGE MY PLANET WITH ANOTHER GAL DAMNIT! SINCE MERGING SEEMS TO BE FINE!

Round 3-4 Newbie
Round 6-10 NoS
Round 10.5-11 FAnG

[Mercenaries]
[Illuminati]
Crazeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:50   #110
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
how do you know all of these members personally and can judge each case ? On the otherhand the ones who left THEIR alliance because they didnt agree with a merger should have the same advantage as those who merged with mistu, or is that not correct ?
An alliance can kick their member's whenever they like for whatever reason they want. Why should any of them be justfied induvidually to board trolls on AD?

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:55   #111
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
An alliance can kick their member's whenever they like for whatever reason they want. Why should any of them be justfied induvidually to board trolls on AD?
indeed they can and each player has a 72h cooldown period to join another alliance. This should include merging. According to the last 2 cases it only needs 2 hc to complete such a merger. This includes members not agreeing with it are just kicked and it doesnt need an alliance majority like in tof-valhalla case where members realised they merged the day they saw other forums.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:55   #112
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
It's hard to attack planets which are 'too small'
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:56   #113
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
how you are allowed to be in the PAteam is beyond me.

sorry, but that is just horrible
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:56   #114
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

lol, hilarious how AGAIN 1up tries to make a big deal out of this ...

To colt etc, leaving cause someone else joined or leaving cause you're scared to lose roids and rank doesn't make the slightest difference. The result is the same, that's what matters.

And instead of whining at mistu, whine at PA crew. It's like scoring a goal with your hands, if the ref didn't see it or allowed it, then the goal counts. Becides, it's not like any of this even remotely affected 1up, aside from that fact that mistu is now 3th instead of 5th ...

yay, big disaster drama, bring out the big guns, nuclear war blablabla ....

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 17:00   #115
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
It's hard to attack planets which are 'too small'
So all planets kicked from your alliance(s) are below 150k as thats the only "too small" possible.
Sadly this doesnt display in the amount of score - players lost by phratkos and what you mathematically recruited....
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 17:00   #116
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

Stop complaining, things will balance themselves out i am sure. Afterall what kind of alliance wants 22 members who decided they were so much better than the rest of their alliance and upped sticks? By the way how can it be a merger, the name is still the same, and id hazard a guess that mistu HC is still the same.
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 17:03   #117
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
indeed they can and each player has a 72h cooldown period to join another alliance. This should include merging. According to the last 2 cases it only needs 2 hc to complete such a merger. This includes members not agreeing with it are just kicked and it doesnt need an alliance majority like in tof-valhalla case where members realised they merged the day they saw other forums.
I actually have to agree to a certain extent - it's not a particularly good system. 72 hours should also apply to mergers I think. However, the fuss over MISTU kicking the odd inactive is unjustified - it's MISTU HC's decision on their members.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 17:11   #118
Forest

Fine, ive said my piece, i will let jolt decide on the next course of action.

No more posts form me.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 17:28   #119
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Why on earth this event suddenly becomes mistu's fault again?
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 17:38   #120
Spirit

Spirit is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: MISTU storm into 3rd....

Quote:
u think u know all, right? eh... stop with BS

erm per your post ppl can think Phrk had 50 top scoring ppl with ie 600 aver. score...
and MISTU had 80 members, so i doubt they kicked 50 ppl who r left in nowhere, same as Phrk....ffs what a lame propaganda...
Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 17:40   #121
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Can all ex-phraktos/mistu members who were KICKED please contact me in #support.
As a gesture of goodwill spinner will be waiving the 72h waiting period for them while we sort out this mess
have your user ids to hand

Last edited by Phil^; 6 Jul 2004 at 17:54.
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 17:44   #122
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit
u think u know all, right? eh... stop with BS
is that your hookup line ?

Quote:
erm per your post ppl can think Phrk had 50 top scoring ppl with ie 600 aver. score...
and MISTU had 80 members, so i doubt they kicked 50 ppl who r left in nowhere, same as Phrk....ffs what a lame propaganda...
An average score of 600k isnt needed its more of 150k which is needed for 1up to attack anyone.
150k average score is the current #35 alliance so im quiet sure planets kicked from phratkos and mistu had roids to harvest or enough score to launch upon (the whole argument for this discussion since psi_k started by stating different)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 17:47   #123
AkMaster
tagged |away till the end

AkMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
LCH/1up started the around at almost cap players, MISTU started at 70~
That was our own choosing to do, but when we even ourselves up with help from an alliance which lost a few mil score after kicking 20 odd members, I see no problems.
You better take a look again at alliance histories of this round b4 you start talking nonsense. LCH didn't have at lot of members at all when the round started. Rock & Vision were getting close to the player limit very quickly & so was 1up. LCH on the otherhand slowly grew, while MISTU was stagnating at a certain point. I'll save you the trouble to look it up:

(tick) LCH | MISTU | 1up

(12) 35 50 64
--------------------------------
(48) 66 73 85
--------------------------------
(84) 78 77 93

(150) 84 81 95

(200) 86 81 96
---------------------------------
(250) 92 80 95

(300) 91 81 97

(350) 93 81 97
---------------------------------
(400) 100 71 97

AkMaster
[]LCH[] since round 3
AkMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 18:04   #124
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Can all the Ex-Phraktos/Mistu members who were kicked please contact Phil^ in #support asap please. have your user Ids to hand and the 72h waiting period before you can join another alliance will be waived. The list will be sent to spinner TONIGHT . ONLY those who were kicked from phraktos/mistu before the merge please.
Hilarious........ No further comment
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 18:05   #125
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Can all ex-phraktos/mistu members who were KICKED please contact me in #support.
As a gesture of goodwill spinner will be waiving the 72h waiting period for them while we sort out this mess
have your user ids to hand
As Kal was kind enough to clear up my previous hypothetical question, maybe you'd like to clear one up as well.

Are ALL kicked members from alliancesgoing to have the 72 hour waiting period waived - or do a certain number have to be kicked at once to qualify? Or is it only if your alliance subsequently merges?
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 18:08   #126
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

this one is only for those who were kicked and are subsequently being attacked by the alliance they would have been in normally.

Right now, i cant answer any hypothetical qus as we`re working out a way to do it which is less abusable by alliances
clearly the way we had it was flawed, and was abused. fair enough, hands up on that one. now it has to be sorted
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 18:23   #127
Kal
Inactive peon

as of now the current policy is in the manual - we will merge, but not in the last 4 weeks of the round. It has to however be a merger, not some people joining another alliance to avoid the 72 hours allianceless. We deemed that in this case mistu/phraktos abused the system which is why we are taking the actions of allowing thoose they kicked to waive the 72 hour alliancless if they so wish. Mistu has been spoken to and have agreed to make their internal structure for representative of a merger.

we welcome ideas on whether merging should be allowed or not full stop, and also on ways to control merging so this situation does not occur again. But it is helpful is such ideas are construcitve and well thought out rather than does flaming us for allowing this to happen.

We have admitted mistakes were made due to a lack of foresight, and no single PATeam member was to blame.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Last edited by Kal; 6 Jul 2004 at 18:31.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 18:32   #128
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

I think I am now allianceless :/

My comp has been fked for last 2 days and I come back and find I have no access in Mistu chans or server.
And that I have no alliance in game. :/

Oh well back to being allianceless again.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 18:39   #129
Precursors

Precursors is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a small planet, I am very abusable by the bigger players
can you make me bigger please, or give me back the 500 roids that I lost
thanks

note: I had to wait 72 ticks (which was during the entire weekend) just a few days ago to be able to join a different alliance
Precursors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 18:40   #130
Spirit

Spirit is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
is that your hookup line ?

An average score of 600k isnt needed its more of 150k which is needed for 1up to attack anyone.
150k average score is the current #35 alliance so im quiet sure planets kicked from phratkos and mistu had roids to harvest or enough score to launch upon (the whole argument for this discussion since psi_k started by stating different)
don't make fuss of nothing, u become noobish and anoying...
and anw 1up is uber super leet and will kill all universe, - kicked not kicked merged or not merged - u will kill us all...why wannking
this is not voting for president so who shout/wank most get the most votes!

u where not top wannker back in PA history
tho it seems 1up gather much wankkers sadly...
and it seems u become one of them...
and ofc beening personal bitch of Syd who teach rest to wank wank wank ...u all r very silly..
Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 18:49   #131
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

ND have a couple of people waiting to join, with the 72 tick bollocks happening, can you waive that please.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE TO THIS THAN TO 22 PHRAKTOS MEMBERS JOINING MISTU.

You ****ing lamers PA Crew, really, absolute ****ing lamers.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 18:49   #132
Vasquez
-Retard-

Vasquez is infamous around these partsVasquez is infamous around these partsVasquez is infamous around these parts

to be honest i can see the argument from the 1upers etc but in my opinion it is actually one of the problems caused when alliances were hardcoded into the game, im sure this sort of thing happened a lot in the past and it has happened again. however it has been addressed by pa team and i cant see where all this bug abuse is coming from.

I think it was an oversight on the team's part and an optimistic gamble on the part of mistu/phraktos to make the round more enjoyable and isnt that what every alliance's aim is?

as for the kicking out of members, afaik there were not a lot of members kicked out from either party and the majority were inactives or a burden on the alliance, just a bit of an alliance cull well overdue!
George Bush visited East London where i live recently. He was interviewed by a couple of children selected from local schools. One of the questions, asked by a 10year old lad, was "Whats the White House like"

The most powerful man in the world who regularly faces some of the toughest questioning in the world by the best journalists answered........

"It is White"
Vasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 18:58   #133
Phil^
Insomniac

the 72 tick period will ONLY be waived for those WHO WERE KICKED TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE MERGER

theres no need for senseless flaming
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 19:03   #134
MajorRS

MajorRS is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to join another alliance, but i really dont want to be allianceless for 72 ticks...

If i apply to an admin, can you 'merge' me into the new alliance so im not unprotected?
MajorRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 19:05   #135
Phil^
Insomniac

Right :/
i`ll delete any more posts which are flames / trolls.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 19:25   #136
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

hm.. So if two of my mates wanna stop playing PA, can I then ask PA Crew to merge their roids into mine?
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 19:27   #137
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

last chance. After this, I never play Planetarion again, as it show the incompetence of the people running it.

Why do you let 22 people join an alliance, without the 72 tick delay, but not let others have it waived?
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 19:30   #138
Phil^
Insomniac

Alliances can merge at the request of their HCs. This procedure involves 2 (unless there is only 1 HC) or more HCs from each alliance pamailing an admin and make the request. The request should include the names of the alliances to be merged and name of the new merged alliance. Note: All ingame ranks are maintained during a merge, but in game forums information, attacks and defence calls set up in game may be lost. A merge is also only possible if the total number of memebers for the new merged alliance will be less than the limit of 100. Mergers will also not be allowed in the last 4 weeks of the round.

i wish people would read the manual
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 19:32   #139
The_Fish
ND

So, its classed as a merger, if VisioN kicked its worst members, leaving them with 50, and ND did the same, so collectively, we were far superior to anyone else?
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 19:34   #140
Phil^
Insomniac

as was explained further up this thread, that situation was ABUSE OF THE SYSTEM WE HAD IN PLACE BEFORE

the 72 hour wait for those who were kicked is being waived as a GOODWILL gesture
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 19:36   #141
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
as was explained further up this thread, that situation was ABUSE OF THE SYSTEM WE HAD IN PLACE BEFORE

the 72 hour wait for those who were kicked is being waived as a GOODWILL gesture
Isn't abusing bugs classed as cheating?

What happens to those members who will be roided by MISTU now? nothing?

No need to get stressed with me, when you are the one who messed up. I am trying to figure out how to make the best out of your bad situation.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 19:39   #142
Phil^
Insomniac

thats exactly what this waiver of the wait to get into an alliance is for
( and yes im stressed )
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 19:41   #143
The_Fish
ND

lol, so you expect all these kicked people to have an alliance tonight? so, I guess, in total, 30 members, got kicked, and you expect them all to have homes, where people will trust and defend the tonight. Are you joking?
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 19:45   #144
Phil^
Insomniac

no but its a start at least now , isnt it
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 20:01   #145
Leinad
DrFlame

Leinad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
So, its classed as a merger, if VisioN kicked its worst members, leaving them with 50, and ND did the same, so collectively, we were far superior to anyone else?
congratulations u understood the meaning of a merger.
What else would u do in a merger, keep the worse members?
Sometimes i really have to question the intelligence of ppl posting here. I dont even get ur point do u want to say us that MISTU or Phraktos arent allowed to kick their members whenever they want to for whatever reason?
There were 2 alliances, one struggling this round so they decided to merge (and this doesnt mean the name must be changed or even the command) and to make this possible (due to ingame 100 member rule) MISTU had to kick a few.
Now someone tell me what the problem is. The rules are about "joining" an alliance not about a merger and thats something different.
This whole thing here is just poor propaganda.
Leinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 20:04   #146
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
as of now the current policy is in the manual - we will merge, but not in the last 4 weeks of the round. It has to however be a merger, not some people joining another alliance to avoid the 72 hours allianceless. We deemed that in this case mistu/phraktos abused the system which is why we are taking the actions of allowing thoose they kicked to waive the 72 hour alliancless if they so wish. Mistu has been spoken to and have agreed to make their internal structure for representative of a merger.

we welcome ideas on whether merging should be allowed or not full stop, and also on ways to control merging so this situation does not occur again. But it is helpful is such ideas are construcitve and well thought out rather than does flaming us for allowing this to happen.

We have admitted mistakes were made due to a lack of foresight, and no single PATeam member was to blame.
Since 72 is some sort of magic number, I think it should be involved in the merger. For example, both alliances are unable to reap benefits until 72 hours into the merger. In the mean time, the two seperate packs still operate as seperate alliances. There should be some sort of way of telling two alliances are being merged, for example the alliance rank page shows 'FAnG + phraktos' with their stats combined.

Doesn't that sound sensible?

Note that under this case just about any form of merge is possible without direct abuse of the system.

I also think you should be careful about cleaning up mistakes such as waiving the 72 hour grace period for kicked planets. It's clearly result of a series of posts by people who were not in this position, but stood at a disadvantage as a direct result of the merger. Yes, it's sad. Yes, it's problematic. But it's not anything new. I remember cries of evilness against Fury in round 3* because members they kicked were immediately roided. While they could've joined another alliance, that didn't really matter back then as no alliance could defend against Fury**.

* Often directed specifically at Sid, claiming he was farming them.

** And Legion probably wouldn't take in anyone with incoming from Fury.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 20:05   #147
Phil^
Insomniac

it does but would require a recode of the alliance handling system to accomodate that
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 20:06   #148
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

When this mistake has already happen, I think its fear deal that the pa team deal with those unfortunate members who was kicked, and the community deals with mistu as it sees fit.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 20:10   #149
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it does but would require a recode of the alliance handling system to accomodate that
Honestly, shouldn't that have been a clue against doing the mergers in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
When this mistake has already happen, I think its fear deal that the pa team deal with those unfortunate members who was kicked, and the community deals with mistu as it sees fit.
Yes. Definitely. Unfortunately the community's way of dealing with mistu seems to be whining to PAteam. Historically speaking mergers are rarely a success, especially not on the short term, and not when arrising from periods of difficulty. I don't expect mistu to end their rankings significantly higher than earlier based simply on taking in another failed alliance. Then again, I don't actually know if their failings were because of their military command or simply (as they claim) being hit by too many other alliances.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 20:13   #150
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

I also suggest that the merging alliances have a combined number of 100 or less for one week before they are allowed merge.