User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 May 2004, 01:19   #201
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts
Re: The best Alliance(s) this round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
R6 got won by what? 6 alliances? ...

rgds Kj
6 alliances that were all underdogs don't forget & plus they knew to break up the agreement with Xeta you talk about winning within a block as being no win at all by the sounds of things if that is the case you wouldn't mind me saying FAnG will not win this round.
You compare r6 player base to r10.5 you will find that a 3 block alliance is more damaging
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 01:20   #202
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
but you still didnt break the block Kj. So unlike ET in R9, your block win is the lamest of the lame.
and the round isn't over yet, and if it were up to me, there wouldn't be FMP, just FM ...

And r9 split got forced by bad behavior of WP. Whether they would have split or not, I guess will always be a question no real answer can be given on, even if those HC's claim they would have (which is easy since it's history).

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 01:24   #203
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

heh, both sides wanted to split, both sides wanted a war, and whether or not WP started it, it still happened. Unlike this round, where you bored your way to #1. Even if you fight now, its way too late, the damage is done.
Unread 2 May 2004, 01:28   #204
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
heh, both sides wanted to split, both sides wanted a war, and whether or not WP started it, it still happened. Unlike this round, where you bored your way to #1. Even if you fight now, its way too late, the damage is done.
and not a single second, will I infact worry about that tbh. Everyone is too biassed nway (including me) so whatever I say you will disagree to and vica versa.

kinda pointless tbh

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 May 2004, 06:09   #205
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Vision has my respect. I think we've had good relations last round and at no point did I (personally) claim Vision isn't decent or anything. That's not something that can be said by you about fang though...
well, its because fang does wreck everything.....especially this round

somewhere you said "fos was won by 6 alliances" - this round is much worse than anything in round 6. I never liked the win or fencesitting win of round 6 - but it was much "fairer" win than this round.

i dont know why you cementheads (thats not a personal insult hehe) wont see the facts - i doubt none can be that deef, dumb and blind.

you do win for all costs - theres absolutely no respect left (im really sorry to say it).
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 11:19   #206
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
r10 = outplayed EVERY alliance during the first 50% of the round. Played a VERY good round untill finally getting beaten by a block which was alot larger in numbers. Nonetheless a deserved victory for eclipse (never denied that).
You must have a sunburn or summit.
Unread 2 May 2004, 12:37   #207
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
and the round isn't over yet, and if it were up to me, there wouldn't be FMP, just FM ...
Not as anything particularly against FAnG, but if this happens it appears again that FAnG are on the massively stronger side (FPMW v. VEL was an easy win through numbers for FPMW, FPM v. WP the same. FM v. P would be 566 mil score v. 294 mil. Wow... leet.
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 12:55   #208
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

isn't this what happened every round, with every alliance? You start with the bigger block, then you drop some, etc etc ....
Isn't this infact what happens irl aswell and isn't that simply the best way to win a war? There will always be a bigger side. Last round we were the smaller side, this round we're the bigger.

Also, nothing prevents Phraktos and WP to team up. Even now, phraktos seems to avoid hitting WP while they are supposed to be at war with them.

Nway, that's just my opinion on this.

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 May 2004, 15:58   #209
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Also, nothing prevents Phraktos and WP to team up. Even now, phraktos seems to avoid hitting WP while they are supposed to be at war with them.
Hmm. So roiding all the WP in the #1 galaxy yesterday (knocking it down a few places) is avoiding them? If so, it's very fortunate for WP that Phraktos aren't actually trying to attack them

This would be a type of avoiding similar to the "ND don't attack" claims by another FAng member in this forum. I guess today's #1 most owned galaxy is just some sort of optical illusion - and some of those roids aren't currently relocated at ND planets (others are at Vision and other alliances).

You'll appreciate why I no longer even bother replying when FAng members accuse me of being uninformed.
Unread 2 May 2004, 16:45   #210
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Hmm. So roiding all the WP in the #1 galaxy yesterday (knocking it down a few places) is avoiding them? If so, it's very fortunate for WP that Phraktos aren't actually trying to attack them

This would be a type of avoiding similar to the "ND don't attack" claims by another FAng member in this forum. I guess today's #1 most owned galaxy is just some sort of optical illusion - and some of those roids aren't currently relocated at ND planets (others are at Vision and other alliances).

You'll appreciate why I no longer even bother replying when FAng members accuse me of being uninformed.
ask mistu or fang HC. it's a known fact that phraktos has been avoiding WP lately. Not all the time ofc, but they have hit WP alot less then we or mistu did.
Nway, does it matter if I even reply to you? if pple see your nick they immediatly agree with you without bothering reading the post. Not your fault, you probably deserved that respect. Nonetheless it's rather useless tbh

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 May 2004, 18:46   #211
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

I will clearly Vouch for ND's willingness to attack.

When I asked them to help us out a bit at the top owned galaxy last night, they were more than willing to do some waves. Pretty good for an alliance with no attacking prowess.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 20:46   #212
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If so, it's very fortunate for WP that Phraktos aren't actually trying to attack them
That attack was organised mostly by Touriquet and Heartless, of FAnG.
Not of Phraktos.

Dogs was part of it (Dogs from Phraktos) admittedly, but it was sorted on FAnG server, with FAnG organising most of it. Of course Phraktos were going to join in - we wouldn't want FAnG getting roids while Phraktos miss out, right?
Unread 2 May 2004, 23:34   #213
AndroX
xXx

AndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to all

hey, stop this bitching and flaming at eachother. No1 is giving in and no1 will agree ever.
I rather have some more people saying flathering stuff about VisioN. I found that quite amusing to read.

Love is better then hate, but they can be sooooo close.

Last edited by AndroX; 3 May 2004 at 01:18.
AndroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 00:54   #214
TAFKAJ
BEER!

TAFKAJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Amen reverend DroX
Unread 3 May 2004, 15:23   #215
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
[...]

You are, without doubt, the most mind numbingly stupid person I have ever had the misfortune to read a post from. Througout this thread I have drawn attention to the fact FAnG made a great start to round 10 and were giving Eclipse a very hard time. Eclipse turned it round, you were put under pressure, you lost roids, you fell apart. Simple as that. Try having a read of all the words and not just looking at the pictures before you spatter your "proud to be FAnG/Fury sux" infested rubbish all over these forums.
Actually you dont have to pride yourself with "putting FAnG" under pressure, as - although you guys really tried it - the pressure came from elsewhere mainly ...and no, it wasnt elysium as well. ...to state more precisely: getting planets closed and then reopend again without any compensation sucks. Getting MANY planets closed and reopened again sucks even more and many of our top players did not even come back when their accounts were open again... after 3.. 4 weeks of inactivity...
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 16:02   #216
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFF|pm
Actually you dont have to pride yourself with "putting FAnG" under pressure, as - although you guys really tried it - the pressure came from elsewhere mainly ...and no, it wasnt elysium as well. ...to state more precisely: getting planets closed and then reopend again without any compensation sucks. Getting MANY planets closed and reopened again sucks even more and many of our top players did not even come back when their accounts were open again... after 3.. 4 weeks of inactivity...
So when your members planets is getting closed, you automaticly think they aint guilty right.
Its not like the might have cheated, oh no, god forbid.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 01:40   #217
Krush[Phraktos]

Krush[Phraktos] is an unknown quantity at this point

pathetic...why do everyone try to claim the glory of that attack, when clearly phraktos arranged it, no question about it. I personally got a bunch of roids from it O_o, and there was only phraktos the first 15-20 hours at least, and we didn't cooperate with anyone on it. FanG was in fact attacking elsewhere...well well believe what you wan't I don't really care, but some ppl here are obviously quite misinformed O_o
Krush[Phraktos] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 02:34   #218
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

i just landed in a top 25 FPM galaxy on a mistu guy alone, with my 900k planet and walked away with 150 roids and no losses..... when the winning side has created a situation where they wont even bother to play the game, it becomes dull to play....i like incoming more than "ghost planetarion" with everyone going inactive....

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 10:21   #219
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
I loved this one:

r7 Fang wasnt backstabbed by anyone (KJ admitted to that already in another thread)
r8 Fang's ally Adelante disbanded and was replaced by Fury, after that Fang broke apart and left their allies hanging after kicking half its hc (LEFF, Lockhead, KJ etc) and Rumads political skills alienated both other allies they had.
Firsty round 7 you dropped us - i saw that as a kick in the teeth when we supported you over te concordium.

Round 8 I distance myself and FAnG from you partly cause of your arrogance demanding defence and partly for accepting members who left after the incident of Lockhead and Leff.

We made decisions whihc perhaps could have been debated more, but dont ever assume We alienated ourselves when we were in fact breaking communication down to ensure we survived as an alliance.

Decisions are made on the basis of information available. I idn't like fury and i definitely wouldn't become a bitch alliance for them (that round).
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 10:30   #220
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
blah blah blah....we 0wn j00...bleat bleat...pateam sux0r - play a different record and admit you were getting your asses kicked in places. The closing of your planets caused a considerable amount of annoyance in our channels too, it meant you got to keep planets at the top without ever having the risk of incoming on them.

You were beat fair and square, just admit it for once or stfu.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 10:49   #221
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
So when your members planets is getting closed, you automaticly think they aint guilty right.
Its not like the might have cheated, oh no, god forbid.
If you cant even read a reply, stay away from ad plz

Quote:
blah blah blah....we 0wn j00...bleat bleat...pateam sux0r - play a different record and admit you were getting your asses kicked in places. The closing of your planets caused a considerable amount of annoyance in our channels too, it meant you got to keep planets at the top without ever having the risk of incoming on them.

You were beat fair and square, just admit it for once or stfu.
And you guys call us desperated?

Reading this, you seem to be the only one whos desperated.
Desperated to lose your reputation as decent alliance....
We never stated that we would have won the war vs your block in that round. We just made clear, that it was not only the overwhelming strategy of eclipse who made us disband, but some other factors who played a more important role as well.
Unread 4 May 2004, 11:08   #222
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
If you cant even read a reply, stay away from ad plz

And you guys call us desperated?

Reading this, you seem to be the only one whos desperated.
Desperated to lose your reputation as decent alliance....
We never stated that we would have won the war vs your block in that round. We just made clear, that it was not only the overwhelming strategy of eclipse who made us disband, but some other factors who played a more important role as well.
Cretin - who is talking about making you disband? I just said we took roid from your planets and killed your fleets (albeit not on a large scale but every little counts). I'm simply saying we beat you on the battlefield. I couldn't care less about the fang disbanding saga as that is something best left in history. I'm not even saying Eclipse were a superior alliance, as that would just be incitement, biased and very very subjective. All I'm saying (and I'll put it into small words - although pictures would be better by the sounds of it) is that after a great start to the round FAnG were beaten. End of story.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 12:28   #223
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

Quote:
Cretin - who is talking about making you disband? I just said we took roid from your planets and killed your fleets (albeit not on a large scale but every little counts). I'm simply saying we beat you on the battlefield. I couldn't care less about the fang disbanding saga as that is something best left in history. I'm not even saying Eclipse were a superior alliance, as that would just be incitement, biased and very very subjective. All I'm saying (and I'll put it into small words - although pictures would be better by the sounds of it) is that after a great start to the round FAnG were beaten. End of story.
well, and that is not the entire truth. Before we disbanded, we still were on #1 spot with both more score and roids, means we killed more of your ships and took more roids from you then the other way round
Still I am admitting we didnt find the motivation to play on under these circumstances which made your block finish oin the top spots.

No need to get angry about it btw... its still a game, and you cannot win always
Unread 4 May 2004, 15:49   #224
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
well, and that is not the entire truth. Before we disbanded, we still were on #1 spot with both more score and roids, means we killed more of your ships and took more roids from you then the other way round
Still I am admitting we didnt find the motivation to play on under these circumstances which made your block finish oin the top spots.

No need to get angry about it btw... its still a game, and you cannot win always
Wp/NoS won r6 then?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 17:37   #225
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Wp/NoS won r6 then?
clearly ! due to overhelming l33tness !!!!!!!11111

didnt you know ????
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2004, 11:19   #226
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

Quote:
Wp/NoS won r6 then?
I´d strongly recommend to get hold of your well-informed intel squad, and instruct em to find the answer if that doesnt overstrain their abilities...
Unread 5 May 2004, 11:44   #227
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Dont you guys remember. WP and Nos Fencesat while first the xanadu block claimed all the top spots, then the Furgion block took down the xanadu block, but there wasnt time left in the round for Furgion block planets to get up in the rankings. The round ended with WP and Nos dominating the rankings because they were the alliances that never really got targetted by anyone. They technically won.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2004, 12:44   #228
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

.. and now its upon the spectator to decide whether this was an unbelievably clever tactic or just pure lameness and a unbelievable portion of luck... and no matter to what conclusion you come: they won the round and ended - according to the rankings - as the best alliances in that round.. although - and thats my personal opinion - xeta and furgion were way better organized, furgion would have not only deserved the victory but even reached it, if only the round had lasted longer...
Unread 5 May 2004, 14:46   #229
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Dont you guys remember. WP and Nos Fencesat while first the xanadu block claimed all the top spots, then the Furgion block took down the xanadu block, but there wasnt time left in the round for Furgion block planets to get up in the rankings. The round ended with WP and Nos dominating the rankings because they were the alliances that never really got targetted by anyone. They technically won.
i thought Xeta+misc(NoS/Deus/wp) took down furgion, then misc napped furgion and took down Xeta. Tho i can be wrong.....

edit:
i love rounds when the preannounced best alliances looses..... What keeps things exiting.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2004, 15:14   #230
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

True, DrunkenViking, Kinda. In The first half of the round Xeta were the dominant block, in the second round it was the Furgion block. Misc was the thing that swung the advantage over however. The thing was Misc didnt all act the same way. Deus was the one that truely switched sides. The others were hesitant to do so, did it slowly, and many of the top planets and galaxies stayed out of the war to avoid incomming.

With Misc either out of the war or with them, the Furgion block was able to tear down Xeta, leaving Misc as the only block to never be on the losing side, and wp and nos having generally stayed out of most conflicts since xeta and deus were also the main actors in the first war, and were favored Furgion targets over WP/Nos, that cant be blamed on them of course, but the actual fencesitting in the second war was pretty bad.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2004, 18:19   #231
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Leff im not intirely sure if you just played as a farm or if you were seriously watching the show in that round.
Your roidincome dropped significantly and even after ToT basically went dead Elysium and Eclipse gained on Fang, Elysiums growth was stopped with the closure of walken and their major cleanout of inactives while Fang and Dragons (i wonder why you always forget your main allies? ) lost the momentum.
Nobody will disagree that you had the mainspot for quiet awhile but you werent in our endgame strategy not the pure and only maintarget. Dragons was taking a hard beating which allowed you to breath abit more. Please dont try to portray the Fang soldiers as ubergamers, you cooked with the same water as anyone else and in the end lost it. Internal AND external pressure (it was less then a week with the projected growth for you to lose #1 spot) and partly the closures which desintegrated your alliance.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2004, 10:01   #232
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

Quote:
Leff im not intirely sure if you just played as a farm or if you were seriously watching the show in that round.
Your roidincome dropped significantly and even after ToT basically went dead Elysium and Eclipse gained on Fang, Elysiums growth was stopped with the closure of walken and their major cleanout of inactives while Fang and Dragons (i wonder why you always forget your main allies? ) lost the momentum.
Nobody will disagree that you had the mainspot for quiet awhile but you werent in our endgame strategy not the pure and only maintarget. Dragons was taking a hard beating which allowed you to breath abit more. Please dont try to portray the Fang soldiers as ubergamers, you cooked with the same water as anyone else and in the end lost it. Internal AND external pressure (it was less then a week with the projected growth for you to lose #1 spot) and partly the closures which desintegrated your alliance.
Funny thing that you guys were yelling at Phil to close me because of farming and now you actually admit, that you were not sure even. I think we dont have to discuss the dubiety of this wrong decision as it was based on your arbiter only and after someone condescended to finally explain me why I got closed and 2 weeks later for the first time talked to me I was offered to get reopend at once.
Furthermore It is really amusing to watch your attemps to disprove things I never said. At no point I displayed my members as ubergamers or exhibited the arrogance you are accusing me of.
Dont you think its a bit weird that you can only reply to some arguments you thought up yourself? ... you know the difference between a dialogue and a monologue I hope. So if you want to dispute with me you should go into what I said, not think up some arguments you can disprove easier then the arguements I actually expressed.

Its not me pretending to be "not cooked with the same water" here. Vehemently affirming eclipse would have controlled the entire round you are trying to give the impression only your superiority would have caused our defeat.
I am telling you, that you guys played well and for sure more constantly then we did, but you were not the reason for FAnG to disband. Ask webangel why he threw the towel, ask Kjeldoran or even me (yes, it was my decision as well, although your _not_ omniscient intel may say something different) We were not scared of you, but frustrated of the lasting and unjustified closures.
They were unjustified, as the planets got reopend again, but this caused a damage to our motivation and activity which was not reparatable.
We would have loved to give you a good fight and for sure the round would have been much more interesting until the last tick, but unfortunatly we can not turn back the clock.

So be glad about your easy victory, I do not even begrudge it, but please stop being too greedy by trying to adorn yourself with borrowed plumes.

For sure you are not in need of this

Last edited by LEFF|pm; 7 May 2004 at 10:11.
Unread 7 May 2004, 11:18   #233
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quiet funny you accuse me to be missing your point while i only address the situation which was present in r10, a situation you seem to either willingly or due to a lack of knowledge to ignore while you try to make your "we werent beaten on the battlefield but by the admins" points.
Facts are that round not all closed fang planets were reopened, some of the many closed were unjustified closed, this happened to other alliances aswell. I can accept what a major moralblow this was for you but we both know it wasnt your sole decision to disband because the game treated you bad but also because you got ran over a couple of times. The amount of defections, spying offers, relays in commandchannels and nightly lack of defence are testiment enough to that. Your last major combined offensive, the one webangel planned. ran into good organised defences and after that you were a shadow of your former strength, something which only increased your internal pressure and the apathy shown by many fang members who lost ships and roids.
Easy victory ? Debateable, and completely irrelevant to discuss, it was neither in our ability nor in our interest how you end yourself, if you wish to give up demoralised and disband ingame (very amusing you accuse eclipse of that eventho we stopped playing pa between rounds and just didnt throw the towel while still running) that is your choice and something which was done by numerous alliances before. Regardless it is for the debate of "the best alliance this round" unimportant, everyone has made his point already multiple times. The majority does not favour fang because apart from blocking youve in many ppls eyes brought nothing but boredom and cheating to the game.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 7 May 2004, 14:04   #234
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

Quote:
Quiet funny you accuse me to be missing your point while i only address the situation which was present in r10, a situation you seem to either willingly or due to a lack of knowledge to ignore while you try to make your "we werent beaten on the battlefield but by the admins" points. .
The situation which was present in r10 was FAnG being #1, then disbanded.
You do not have to like the reasons we had, but you have to accept them. No matter how proud you are on your scrupelles attemps to hack our irc network and rely our channels, you were not aware of things we talked in direct, on quakenet or on the phone.
You can handstand and freak out if you want, still it wont change any of the reasons I gave you.
FAnG was not scared of eclipse. At no point

Quote:
Rumors said, not all closed fang planets were reopened, some of the many closed were unjustified closed, this happened to other alliances aswell. I can accept what a major moralblow this was for you but we both know it wasnt your sole decision to disband because the game treated you bad but also because you got ran over a couple of times. The amount of defections, spying offers, relays in commandchannels and nightly lack of defence are testiment enough to that. Your last major combined offensive, the one webangel planned. ran into good organised defences and after that you were a shadow of your former strength, something which only increased your internal pressure and the apathy shown by many fang members who lost ships and roids.

corrected that a bit... You not only seem to mix up monologue and dialogue but facts and debatable intel and rumors as well...
You listed not a single fact, so dont abuse that word.

Quote:
Easy victory ? Debateable, and completely irrelevant to discuss, it was neither in our ability nor in our interest how you end yourself, if you wish to give up demoralised and disband ingame (very amusing you accuse eclipse of that eventho we stopped playing pa between rounds and just didnt throw the towel while still running) that is your choice and something which was done by numerous alliances before. Regardless it is for the debate of "the best alliance this round" unimportant, everyone has made his point already multiple times. The majority does not favour fang because apart from blocking youve in many ppls eyes brought nothing but boredom and cheating to the game.

Irrelevant yes, as the thread topic is "The best Alliance(s) this round" and right now its eclipse who gave up demoralised and disbanded like numerous alliances before.
Thats a fact btw.
Unread 7 May 2004, 18:29   #235
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
The situation which was present in r10 was FAnG being #1, then disbanded.
You do not have to like the reasons we had, but you have to accept them. No matter how proud you are on your scrupelles attemps to hack our irc network and rely our channels, you were not aware of things we talked in direct, on quakenet or on the phone.
You can handstand and freak out if you want, still it wont change any of the reasons I gave you.
FAnG was not scared of eclipse. At no point
Quiet striking that your members wanted to play on then ?

Quote:
corrected that a bit... You not only seem to mix up monologue and dialogue but facts and debatable intel and rumors as well...
You listed not a single fact, so dont abuse that word.
Not all fang planets were reopened. Webangel wasnt and Irvine neither.

Quote:
Irrelevant yes, as the thread topic is "The best Alliance(s) this round" and right now its eclipse who gave up demoralised and disbanded like numerous alliances before.
Thats a fact btw.
Demoralised ? hardly we play other games, disbanded in pa terms, yes.
Tho eclipse wasnt topic of the discussion since even somene as smart as you can figure out we arent playing this round.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 7 May 2004, 21:53   #236
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

FAnG trying to the "other alliances disbanded in fear" thing is so laughable.

Disbanding Eclipse had been on the cards at the start of r10, I know because I suggested it. I don't call the fact that we didnt want to invest so much time into the game a 'fearful' thing or a 'failure'. Checking over Eclipse history it seems to me that Eclipse had one of the most convincing wins in the history of Planetarion and did well for itself in r10. Hardly a failure. If you are calling Eclipse a failure then what on earth is FAnG?

Eclipse disbanded yes, but it had nothing to do with FAnG. Don't be pathetic and try to claim it was any sort of current political situation that forced Eclipse to disband. More like the fact the command staff didnt want to continue.

You may now claim "but you, mazz and Killghost play". Well yes, we do. As peons. Member level. I must admit, I've had quite abit of fun this round being a member. I've probably had more fun than the people in FPM.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 8 May 2004, 00:26   #237
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
FAnG trying to the "other alliances disbanded in fear" thing is so laughable.

Disbanding Eclipse had been on the cards at the start of r10, I know because I suggested it. I don't call the fact that we didnt want to invest so much time into the game a 'fearful' thing or a 'failure'. Checking over Eclipse history it seems to me that Eclipse had one of the most convincing wins in the history of Planetarion and did well for itself in r10. Hardly a failure. If you are calling Eclipse a failure then what on earth is FAnG?

Eclipse disbanded yes, but it had nothing to do with FAnG. Don't be pathetic and try to claim it was any sort of current political situation that forced Eclipse to disband. More like the fact the command staff didnt want to continue.

You may now claim "but you, mazz and Killghost play". Well yes, we do. As peons. Member level. I must admit, I've had quite abit of fun this round being a member. I've probably had more fun than the people in FPM.
I think what LEFF wanted to say, is that last round, we didn't decide to disband cause of Eclipse. Sure they put alot of pressure on us, like we did on them, those are game mechanics and I would be rather dissappointed if they didn't. But they however were hardly the reason for disbanding. R7 we got attacked aswell, r8 same story ...

Also I don't think LEFF claimed Eclipse quit after r10 because of FAnG, ifso then I disagree with him there. Tbh it doesn't matter what pple call it, disbanded, failed to continue, leaving with honour ... It all comes down to the same doesn't it, fact is Eclipse isn't playing this round.

Ohh and, I've had fun this round, probably the same as you have.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 May 2004, 02:39   #238
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Well after tonights events you can show us that fang isnt a failure, kj.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 8 May 2004, 02:43   #239
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
I think what LEFF wanted to say, is that last round, we didn't decide to disband cause of Eclipse. Sure they put alot of pressure on us, like we did on them, those are game mechanics and I would be rather dissappointed if they didn't. But they however were hardly the reason for disbanding. R7 we got attacked aswell, r8 same story ...

Also I don't think LEFF claimed Eclipse quit after r10 because of FAnG, ifso then I disagree with him there. Tbh it doesn't matter what pple call it, disbanded, failed to continue, leaving with honour ... It all comes down to the same doesn't it, fact is Eclipse isn't playing this round.

Ohh and, I've had fun this round, probably the same as you have.

rgds Kj
The problem is Kj, you're saying that all other alliances count as failures if they didnt decide to continue in PA. So what if FAnG are still playing? That doesnt mean you are as successful as Eclipse was. (You werent incase that is hard to grasp).

Anyway, you have a war to fight. You have to win this one KJ, its expected from you.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 8 May 2004, 02:48   #240
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

dont pressure him, if they lose this one aswell.... omg!
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 8 May 2004, 04:17   #241
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I must admit, I've had quite abit of fun this round being a member. I've probably had more fun than the people in FPM.
Not me, I've quite enjoyed this round

I am curious to know what would have happened if Eclipse hadn't disbanded though. I think the result would be rather different. Who knows though
Unread 8 May 2004, 04:53   #242
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Not me, I've quite enjoyed this round

I am curious to know what would have happened if Eclipse hadn't disbanded though. I think the result would be rather different. Who knows though
You must have strange fun being unable to hit anything but shit targets for half the round.

But hey, I guess your overbloated block got Mistu the easy ride it needed?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 8 May 2004, 05:25   #243
Tomkat

Quote:
You must have strange fun being unable to hit anything but shit targets for half the round.

But hey, I guess your overbloated block got Mistu the easy ride it needed?

Well I'm relatively small, so I still had plenty of targets to hit
Don't be bitter Zhil, just because your alliance didn't do very well... It's very unbecoming :P
Unread 8 May 2004, 05:48   #244
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Well I'm relatively small, so I still had plenty of targets to hit
Don't be bitter Zhil, just because your alliance didn't do very well... It's very unbecoming :P
WP has done quite well considering the odds stacked against them.

But we'll see.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 8 May 2004, 12:55   #245
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I must admit, I've had quite abit of fun being a member
true story
Unread 9 May 2004, 06:37   #246
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

I think, after the last day and a half's events we have a new candidate for worst alliance - Phraktos. Within 36 hours of them declaring war on FAng their members have either:

Deleted their planets,
Got inbound queuing up on them,
Defected to FAng/Mistu and are currently farming their own ex-alliance mates.

No alliance has ever looked so good, yet been so shite before. Truly pathetic.
Unread 9 May 2004, 07:00   #247
Meth
Me

Meth is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Nosferatu?
Meth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 08:12   #248
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think, after the last day and a half's events we have a new candidate for worst alliance - Phraktos. Within 36 hours of them declaring war on FAng their members have either:

Deleted their planets,
Got inbound queuing up on them,
Defected to FAng/Mistu and are currently farming their own ex-alliance mates.

I agree that the alliance as a whole is quite poor, but surely the members who stay to fight; despite the odds, genuinely deserve our respect?
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 11:30   #249
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meth
Nosferatu?
I'm ashamed to say it, but Phraktos even beat them. After all, it was Phraktos who declared war.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 9 May 2004, 12:26   #250
LB|away

LB|away is an unknown quantity at this point

atleast FAnG isnt the worst alliance anymore
LB|away is offline   Reply With Quote