User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:16   #51
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Re: Your classic "pld" thread (at FAnG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaram
So what you are stating that quotes I have (BUT WILL NOT POST, DON'T START ON IT AGAIN) from two fang officers are bogus, made up, void, that I should expect even more incomings from FAnG? The plot certainly grows even more exciting.

I was not approached before my departure from FAnG by Phraktos HC's (or any other members for that matter) so I don't see Phraktos "poaching" me.

Frankly, I don't see what your PM has anything to do with anything. I'd have been happy to see enough honesty and integrity from FAnG for them to state that "if you leave us, we will roid you." Now that might have convinced me, or then not.

You can leave that is yoru perogatve, but you did not even leave the block. With 1200 roids you are clearly growing and playing ok so to leave is pretty pointless. You had problems but you should never leave midround regardless if you want to switch at the end of round.

Since you left midround I think that actually represents kj's version of poaching as it does for me.

You left, you have no right to bitch about what we do or might do in respect of you leaving the alliance. Get over it and get on with your life and the game.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:18   #52
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So what you are stating that quotes I have (BUT WILL NOT POST, DON'T START ON IT AGAIN) from two fang officers are bogus, made up, void, that I should expect even more incomings from FAnG? The plot certainly grows even more exciting.

I was not approached before my departure from FAnG by Phraktos HC's (or any other members for that matter) so I don't see Phraktos "poaching" me.

Frankly, I don't see what your PM has anything to do with anything. I'd have been happy to see enough honesty and integrity from FAnG for them to state that "if you leave us, we will roid you." Now that might have convinced me, or then not.
None of this should have been posted on AD. Like Tomkat stated, we had some nasty experience last round with top planets leaving. This round we do not make that same mistake again and FAnG HC (alch, lb etc) is very clear on that subject.

on a sidenote, you bitching at fang etc, you think it's nice for allies to recruit top members from their allies?

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:20   #53
Anaram

Anaram is infamous around these partsAnaram is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Individuals are not forced to be quiet - any idividual can say anything they want and if i am honest i agree completely with kj's response.
But only if they are FAnG... right?

Quote:
You left, you have no right to bitch about what we do or might do in respect of you leaving the alliance. Get over it and get on with your life and the game.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:22   #54
Anaram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
None of this should have been posted on AD. Like Tomkat stated, we had some nasty experience last round with top planets leaving. This round we do not make that same mistake again and FAnG HC (alch, lb etc) is very clear on that subject.

on a sidenote, you bitching at fang etc, you think it's nice for allies to recruit top members from their allies?

rgds Kj
Why should it not have been posted, it is clearly a post on the way a top alliance handles their affairs.

As to the question: I don't see anything wrong with recruiting from your allies. This keeps up movement and reduces stagnation caused by alliance incompetence.

EDIT: would you like to comment on your lies in this thread before?
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:26   #55
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
But only if they are FAnG... right?
no as i already have stated - you are coming across as being bitter and resentful and you are allowed to be. We have provided defence and protection and you have been active enough to develop your planet. But dont epect any great sympathy either. You left which is your right, but every action has a consequence. Leaving midround is bad mmm kay?

You havent joined phraktos yet and as such there is no moral dilemma - ony reason you are staying within the block is to attain the same level of support you have received all round. And this is what we cannot allow. We have had bad experiences, but to leave is not acceptable midround. You have to do what you feel necessary, but your roids are better placed in planets within the alliance that are loyal and will stay. You left and now your actions have led to the consequence.

try and understand that this isn't personal - its a statement, its a tactical decision, but this isnt personal at all.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:32   #56
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

anaram, I wasn't aware of the deal FAnG and Phraktos made. So my apologies for that.

The rest however I am not sorry for.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:32   #57
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Why should it not have been posted, it is clearly a post on the way a top alliance handles their affairs.

As to the question: I don't see anything wrong with recruiting from your allies. This keeps up movement and reduces stagnation caused by alliance incompetence.

EDIT: would you like to comment on your lies in this thread before?
Firstly stagnation is due to the wya in which the game is structured. I wont go into the debates held round 8 and 9 wth germania, but he said a lot of things which I agree with. Unless you force alliances to fight solo stagnation will always occur. However the way in which you attack means that stagnation is vastly reduced these days. However you cannot blame an alliance for stagnation. Its the way the game has developed and is to a lot of extents because the way ppl see the game (you cannot win unless you block etc) - thats true of members and of hc's.

as for not posting - i think kj hould respond to that as i am not aware f the full facts - but from my perspective you have come here whining, showig logs etc. I dn't see much value in it for ad if i am truthful apart from the usual trolling you come to expect.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:39   #58
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If we ignore the fact you're going to an ally of FAnG's, then once you've left, those roids are for the taking, right?

If FAnG didn't take them, someone else (Ely, LCH, Vision, WP, etc) would. Of course FAnG wants to claim 1200 roids which can be gained easily, as you can't get alliance defence yet. What were you expecting? "Oh jolly good, see you later then Anaram - hope everyone else agrees not to attack you for those 72 hours too! Spiffing". Not going to happen, is it? If you'd spoken rationally about it, and been promised "safe passage" to phraktos, then maybe. But running off like that just promotes bad feeling.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:44   #59
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

if he joins an other friendly alliance, what is then the point in roiding him??? The roids stay in the same block, right?? he becomes a friendly planet instead of being a FAnG planet. The only thing changing is that u dont need to give him def eany more.

but this is my idea about it

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:46   #60
Anaram

I any case I think I've pinpointed my mistake. Not having played round 10 (beyond first week) and not having followed alliance politics thereafter, I assumed that this was still old planetarion, where alliances compete for top planets and galaxies.

I've always been in the opinion that one should never make an "unbreakable" alliance with anyone if you aren't happy with them winning the round rather than you. You should not make private galaxies of people if your goal is not for as many galaxy members to rank as high as possible. You should not join an alliance if it is not fine with you that another person in the alliance ranks higher than you. You should not make 'permanent' powerblocks if it's not fine that the other alliance finishes higher than you. If you are not happy with the allies you make for your powerblock, you should never have made this block - it is inherently unfair towards the game (in my opinion). I'm sure many people could quote me for expressing these opinions before, for example during the speedround finals.

I can not see battlegroup leaders attacking me if I switch to another bg with launch time suitable for me. I did not see alliance HC choosing to kill me off if I switched to another friendly alliance with procedures suitable for me. I went so far as to ask LB|away if FAnG indeed had any other grievances towards me than mine having left FAnG. I had not been def leeching in FAnG, and my defences surely equaled if not exceeded what I received in exchange. My loyalty is for my galaxy and the side I play on as well as my alliance. I do not leave for light reasons.

Last round (in a game other than planetarion) Dragon arbiter had negative points only for leaving to hostile alliances, nothing for leaving to friendly ones, and it would be a sad day for me if ever I found "leaving for friendly alliance, negative 1000 points" there.

Some people will surely agree that this is a good and fine way for alliances to work, but I can only say that if this is what Planetarion is become, I do not wish to play it anymore.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:47   #61
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheACE
if he joins an other friendly alliance, what is then the point in roiding him??? The roids stay in the same block, right?? he becomes a friendly planet instead of being a FAnG planet. The only thing changing is that u dont need to give him def eany more.

but this is my idea about it
he left after we afforded him protection - we want to keep teh roids with members who are supporting the alliance - not one that defects.

One member in the grand scale of things is not that important except its roids and its a member who left midround. We want the roids so we have taken back what he was allowed to gather because of our defence and our support.

Likewise if he is so mnor why allow the roids to leave the alliance? Works both ways really.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:51   #62
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

why did u not approach ur HC about attacking with their allies as the tp in fang did nto suit u surelly that would have solved the problem

plain and simple fang did what they needed to ensure that after last rds f*** up they can claim no1 spot
but if phraktos has any balls they would not have let this happen but they have obviously agreed somethign with fang to ensure 2nd place.

if it was 1 vs 1 between fang and phraktos im sure fang would last maybe 4/5 days before phraktos had them beat

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:51   #63
Anaram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
If we ignore the fact you're going to an ally of FAnG's, then once you've left, those roids are for the taking, right?

If FAnG didn't take them, someone else (Ely, LCH, Vision, WP, etc) would. Of course FAnG wants to claim 1200 roids which can be gained easily, as you can't get alliance defence yet. What were you expecting? "Oh jolly good, see you later then Anaram - hope everyone else agrees not to attack you for those 72 hours too! Spiffing". Not going to happen, is it? If you'd spoken rationally about it, and been promised "safe passage" to phraktos, then maybe. But running off like that just promotes bad feeling.
Well, I should point out again that it was promised quite clearly by the HC that neutral planets in FAnG galaxies would not get attacked (and my galaxy is still a FAnG galaxy too). And at this stage I was neutral as far as FAnG would tell me upon inquiring.

Not only does FAnG then roid me, they also take steps to talk to HC of each alliance (as far as I know) in my galaxy to make sure no ingal defence will be sent. Against Ely, LCH, Vision, WP etc. I'd surely have managed to keep my roids. Besides, if this is how FAnG justifies their attacking me, they never stated such.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:52   #64
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

OK

At this point I will be making no comment.

At the end of the round, or when the time is right, I will.

Anaram me and u both know the truth, and we both know I wont be discussing it here.

3 waves is extremely good of us, as I was all for roiding u to the ground, and taking your gal with u, it was only the calm nature or Alch that helped u out, and a very good GC who fought for what was best for his gal.

Im organising attacks and I had many mnay waves lined up till HC of both alliances came to an agreement. An agreement that benefits u more than us.
Rules are rules, my rules are clear and when I say something I invariably do it, or die trying.

There will be no further comment from myself on this matter until the end of the round, or when I feel it is neccessary.

Good day to u all.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:53   #65
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
I any case I think I've pinpointed my mistake. Not having played round 10 (beyond first week) and not having followed alliance politics thereafter, I assumed that this was still old planetarion, where alliances compete for top planets and galaxies.

I've always been in the opinion that one should never make an "unbreakable" alliance with anyone if you aren't happy with them winning the round rather than you. You should not make private galaxies of people if your goal is not for as many galaxy members to rank as high as possible. You should not join an alliance if it is not fine with you that another person in the alliance ranks higher than you. You should not make 'permanent' powerblocks if it's not fine that the other alliance finishes higher than you. If you are not happy with the allies you make for your powerblock, you should never have made this block - it is inherently unfair towards the game (in my opinion). I'm sure many people could quote me for expressing these opinions before, for example during the speedround finals.

I can not see battlegroup leaders attacking me if I switch to another bg with launch time suitable for me. I did not see alliance HC choosing to kill me off if I switched to another friendly alliance with procedures suitable for me. I went so far as to ask LB|away if FAnG indeed had any other grievances towards me than mine having left FAnG. I had not been def leeching in FAnG, and my defences surely equaled if not exceeded what I received in exchange. My loyalty is for my galaxy and the side I play on as well as my alliance. I do not leave for light reasons.

Last round (in a game other than planetarion) Dragon arbiter had negative points only for leaving to hostile alliances, nothing for leaving to friendly ones, and it would be a sad day for me if ever I found "leaving for friendly alliance, negative 1000 points" there.

Some people will surely agree that this is a good and fine way for alliances to work, but I can only say that if this is what Planetarion is become, I do not wish to play it anymore.
PA has been the same since teh early days. In past rounds as a legion officer I have seen alliances deal with ppl leaving in a similar fashion. The only difference is that due to the wya the game is designed you dd not have to leave the alliance in game. This is your decision and if you never thought about the rammifications of your actions then you have not thought things through properly.

You left and that was your decision. We feel like you have abused our support and as such we are takig bakc the roids which you decided to take with you. You made a decision and we made a decision. a mid roud defector though would have been shown the same response in ANY round.

Also about the BG thing - PA if you leave a BG they have to follow there hearts. Also you would not leave an alliance in game if you left the BG. As such they are limited as to what they can do. You left that was yoru decision but someone would have found out you had left - better imo my alliance keeps those roids than some otehr alliance.

As i say you have the right to feel aggrieved, but at the end of the day this is not personal and you made the choice to leave. Live with the consequences of your actions.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:55   #66
Anaram

Quote:
anaram, I wasn't aware of the deal FAnG and Phraktos made. So my apologies for that.
I expected that this would be the case, and in calling you liar I was being harch and unfair - I knew that it was a matter of ignorance. My apologies.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:58   #67
Anaram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Anaram me and u both know the truth, and we both know I wont be discussing it here.
I have no idea what you mean, and that is the God's honest truth.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:04   #68
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I would have to say that it is practically impossible to attempt to defend with the current ETA system, you need to spend 72 hours jgp'ing a planet with thumbs up. Let's not blame phraktos for that, I can't ask them for that much. So many hours was spent arguing over this between the HC's that I can't really blame 'em for striking a deal.

As to my AD thread, it was posted after the attacks on me anyway, hardly a claim for FAnG to attack me that. I wish to make a point with this thread. My point is that I was not happy with the way things were run in FAnG, and it was extremely difficult for me to join their attacks. (From tomorrow - now today - onwards it would have been impossible for a week or so).

EDIT: ok so I'm tired and didn't actually write what my point was. My point was that if a situation arose that I practically couldn't join FAnG attacks, isn't it a bit overkill for FAnG to roid me for that? Is it reasonable for an alliance to keep it's members by the force of threat that "We will roid you if you leave us!" Is that the kind of alliance behaviour we want to be seeing?
About it is impossible to defend without alliance: I got roided 2 ticks out of 30 waves within 72 ticks last round.
And FAnG doesn't roid you for not participating our attacks, we roid you for ship jumping. You kept the roids because of FAnG - now you lose them since you jump ship.

That's my personal 2 cents.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:12   #69
Biusa
Proud to be a Ðragon!

Biusa is an unknown quantity at this point

Humm humm... Internal affairs in alliances seem to differ quite a lot. I have not played planetarion since r9.5 but I can surely drop in my comment about the alliance bit.
It seems to me that FAnG is using sort of an 'iron fist' -policy with their members. As Anaram mentioned that is not how things were done in some other alliances, like Ðragons.
To me, as an alliance HC, it is important to keep the relationship with the members. If I couldn't provide my dear Ðragon members with something they expect me to / I have promised to, I think it's understandable that the member leaves for a friendly alliance which would suit him better. Leaving for a hostile alliance would be a totally different ball game and due to galaxy composures this doesn't happen very often.
My philosophy with members is that I do not want to have any member amongst our ranks against their will. Everyone is free to go if they feel like doing it. That way you shouldn't have too much unhappy members who aren't loyal to your alliance in general.

About the roiding bit, I find it highly unacceptable. I cannot imagine myself in a situation where I launch multiple waves on a member who has been loyal to Ðragons and has taken part in alliance activities (def, attacks, etc) at a high rate of activity. But this is just me and Ðragons.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:19   #70
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by virogenesis
Colt I myself am aware that alliances do allow the bigger planets to do stuff the smaller members can't
ie: LDK got to roid ppl while the rest of xanadu had their fleets grounded.
We ARE NOT Xanadu, oh and theres a reason why i know some of the bigger planets do defend/didn't attack when fleets were grounded heh
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:21   #71
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biusa
Humm humm... Internal affairs in alliances seem to differ quite a lot. I have not played planetarion since r9.5 but I can surely drop in my comment about the alliance bit.
It seems to me that FAnG is using sort of an 'iron fist' -policy with their members. As Anaram mentioned that is not how things were done in some other alliances, like Ðragons.
To me, as an alliance HC, it is important to keep the relationship with the members. If I couldn't provide my dear Ðragon members with something they expect me to / I have promised to, I think it's understandable that the member leaves for a friendly alliance which would suit him better. Leaving for a hostile alliance would be a totally different ball game and due to galaxy composures this doesn't happen very often.
My philosophy with members is that I do not want to have any member amongst our ranks against their will. Everyone is free to go if they feel like doing it. That way you shouldn't have too much unhappy members who aren't loyal to your alliance in general.

About the roiding bit, I find it highly unacceptable. I cannot imagine myself in a situation where I launch multiple waves on a member who has been loyal to Ðragons and has taken part in alliance activities (def, attacks, etc) at a high rate of activity. But this is just me and Ðragons.
firslt we are allowed to react as a hc how we want to. thats the decision we can make because we have to make a response which we feel is appropriate.

We feel that this is appropriate.

As for the second part anaram is not an alliance member - he decided to leave and that is his choice. However we have teh right to ensure we gain roids and that our members gain roids. He left, he had no protection, he died. Simple and not really relevant for anyone to have a view except FAnG and Anaram.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:31   #72
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
Why do PA FAnG HC still let that retard Kjel spam AD btw?

didnt he step down after he caused the destruction of PA FAnG last round?
Hehe indeed. I was aproached my fang HC before the round about joining fang, and told them that I would considere it if KJ was to be hold loooong away from any position of power in the pa department and I was told that it was so. I played my ass off for fang in pax and it all ended with the brilliant CEO disbanding the hole alliance midround. I`ve never felt so betrayed ever...

A good thing I desided to join another allicance insted.....
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:32   #73
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Hehe indeed. I was aproached my fang HC before the round about joining fang, and told them that I would considere it if KJ was to be hold loooong away from any position of power in the pa department and I was told that it was so. I played my ass off for fang in pax and it all ended with the brilliant CEO disbanding the hole alliance midround. I`ve never felt so betrayed ever...

Mid-Round as around PT 2100, which means AFTER the usual end of a round.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:40   #74
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Mid-Round as around PT 2100, which means AFTER the usual end of a round.
Well the round was far from over....
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:41   #75
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

did it ever occur to your small brains, that FAnG HC r10 was Alch, LEFF, Webangel, Morden Irvine and me? Did it ever occur to you that this wasn't MY ****ING CALL ALONE? Did it ever occur to you that Alch was HC back then aswell?

How easy it is, to blame everything on 1 guy. And tbh, I hold no position in FAnG atm so ...

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:42   #76
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:

KJ is just a regular member nowaday. And hasnt any position of power as far is i know.

Anaram, you left your alliance and got roided. You were made example of. You say left because of the attack schedule. Well since you left the attack schedule has changed drastically. If you would have stuck it out for 5-6 more days, all things could have been different for you. But instead you were disloyal and left. Deal whith the consequences and stop whining.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:43   #77
Biusa
Proud to be a Ðragon!

Quote:
As for the second part anaram is not an alliance member - he decided to leave and that is his choice. However we have teh right to ensure we gain roids and that our members gain roids. He left, he had no protection, he died. Simple and not really relevant for anyone to have a view except FAnG and Anaram.
That is how FAnG works, I am not denying that or the facts you stated. Still, I wouldn't kill someone who has been a loyal member -> is unhappy with the alliance and his complaints have had no results leading into anything better -> Leaving for an alliance (Friendly one) which suits him better (perhaps).
Some rough maths:
Alliance: basically a bunch of people defending eachother and attacking with eachother + a community which varies pretty much.
If a member has been doing his job fluently but the alliance hasn't, I think it's ok for the member to find a better alliance then. It's like having someone to work for you for 2months + you pay him $$$, then when he leaves for another job where he'll be paid better, you go and reclaim the $$$ back...
Maybe next time you recruit someone you should make sure he understands the alliance politics:
Join another alliance and die, even if we cant provide you with def or/and attacks?
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:47   #78
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
That is how FAnG works, I am not denying that or the facts you stated. Still, I wouldn't kill someone who has been a loyal member -> is unhappy with the alliance and his complaints have had no results leading into anything better -> Leaving for an alliance (Friendly one) which suits him better (perhaps).
Some rough maths:
Alliance: basically a bunch of people defending eachother and attacking with eachother + a community which varies pretty much.
If a member has been doing his job fluently but the alliance hasn't, I think it's ok for the member to find a better alliance then. It's like having someone to work for you for 2months + you pay him $$$, then when he leaves for another job where he'll be paid better, you go and reclaim the $$$ back...
Maybe next time you recruit someone you should make sure he understands the alliance politics:
Join another alliance and die, even if we cant provide you with def or/and attacks?

Things have changed, all the attacking is different, he just couldnt wait a few days for it to happen so jumped ship. And you can have your opinions, but if you leave fang mid round, you get roided, plain and simple.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:49   #79
Biusa
Proud to be a Ðragon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
Anaram, you left your alliance and got roided. You were made example of. You say left because of the attack schedule. Well since you left the attack schedule has changed drastically. If you would have stuck it out for 5-6 more days, all things could have been different for you. But instead you were disloyal and left. Deal whith the consequences and stop whining.
If he complained about it roughly a week ago before he left... isn't that enough patience for someone? Waiting for another week... that's 2 weeks. If PA rounds are about as long as they used to be, that is about 2 out of 12 weeks in the game... 2 weeks without decent attacks = not a good enough reason to go somewhere where you can atleast attack?
And how could anyone know wether things are getting better or worse... Atleast I got only 2 balls, would love to have the crystal one aswell tho.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:51   #80
Treveler

Quote:
did it ever occur to your small brains, that FAnG HC r10 was Alch, LEFF, Webangel, Morden Irvine and me? Did it ever occur to you that this wasn't MY ****ING CALL ALONE? Did it ever occur to you that Alch was HC back then aswell?

How easy it is, to blame everything on 1 guy. And tbh, I hold no position in FAnG atm so ...

rgds Kj
Yes litle monkey boy, you was CEO or so you proclaimed and therefor you have the final call, or at least the responsability for the action taken.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:54   #81
Biusa
Proud to be a Ðragon!

Quote:
And you can have your opinions, but if you leave fang mid round, you get roided, plain and simple.
Would keep me out of FAnG tbh
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:55   #82
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
If he complained about it roughly a week ago before he left... isn't that enough patience for someone? Waiting for another week... that's 2 weeks. If PA rounds are about as long as they used to be, that is about 2 out of 12 weeks in the game... 2 weeks without decent attacks = not a good enough reason to go somewhere where you can atleast attack?
And how could anyone know wether things are getting better or worse... Atleast I got only 2 balls, would love to have the crystal one aswell tho.

He still had 1200 roids so he must have joined some decent attacks. And the attacks were decent. (Not great but decent) Its that other members got the good targets before him. And during this time we lost a few bc'c etc etc so there was a short period of transition. All other members had patience. Anaram didnt. He left, things changed, he got roided. End of story.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:56   #83
Anaram

Quote:
firslt we are allowed to react as a hc how we want to. thats the decision we can make because we have to make a response which we feel is appropriate.

We feel that this is appropriate.

I'm not here solely to stop and whine and act bitter. I'm also here to share information - I'd not have joined FAnG had I known this is the sort of leadership one can expect. With this thread, maybe people joining FAnG can make a more informed decision than I ever did. To me, this would in itself justify this thread. Another topic which I'd like to see people to imput on is if alliances have taken the game a bit too far, but with the current playerbase, I suppose we are left with only the most hardcore members.

Oh, I whine and I'm bitter - no denial of that. In leaving FAnG I knew this could be effect, and all I can say now is that I'm proud for having left FAnG.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:59   #84
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Some rough maths:
He was "new" to the "community".

Also he never waited to see if his problems were addressed. He simly left like a child who wasn't perceived to be getting their own way.

The alliance is there to support its members and help them grow. If someone chooses to leave that environment then it shows how much respect and esteem he holds for that "community". This isn't work and teh work analogy is crap. he joined an alliance and received support and help to develop his planet. He left for reasons he has stated and it was deemed that leaving midround was wrong.

I don't think any of the best alliances would have dealt with the situation differently. You state dragons would have yet I am pretty sure you would have had something to say especially if a member left midround...

I know situations where you have taken offence at such things in previous rounds but which isnt really relevant here.

Anaram left. He made a choice andhe has to live by that choice. I don't see what we did as a over or under reaction, but then again I have never seen midround defections as anything but pathetic.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:04   #85
Anaram

Quote:
He still had 1200 roids so he must have joined some decent attacks. And the attacks were decent. (Not great but decent) Its that other members got the good targets before him. And during this time we lost a few bc'c etc etc so there was a short period of transition. All other members had patience. Anaram didnt. He left, things changed, he got roided. End of story.
There comes a time in waiting when you will no longer wait. I will not sit back indefinitely and wait for the "we are getting there ASAP". Can you give me an exact number of days which would have been proper to wait?
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:06   #86
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
I'm not here solely to stop and whine and act bitter. I'm also here to share information - I'd not have joined FAnG had I known this is the sort of leadership one can expect. With this thread, maybe people joining FAnG can make a more informed decision than I ever did. To me, this would in itself justify this thread. Another topic which I'd like to see people to imput on is if alliances have taken the game a bit too far, but with the current playerbase, I suppose we are left with only the most hardcore members.

Oh, I whine and I'm bitter - no denial of that. In leaving FAnG I knew this could be effect, and all I can say now is that I'm proud for having left FAnG.

ok lets share this. you complain about being attacked even though you were joining an ally. If what you did was so pristinely clear how come you had a ally lined up before leaving FAnG?

FAnG did as it saw fit. Your attempt at showing ppl for what we are and veiling it as sharing information is pretty pathetic. you lost some roids and you feel aggrieved. So be it, but dont try and veil it as anything else.

PPL join an alliance. They aren't doppelganged into joining they join out of choice and good luck to them. The problem here is leaving mid roud which in my eyes is pathetic - you decided to leave with a length of tome where you could not get alliance defence. We merely made a decision regarding how we as an alliance felt about a mid round defector.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:07   #87
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
There comes a time in waiting when you will no longer wait. I will not sit back indefinitely and wait for the "we are getting there ASAP". Can you give me an exact number of days which would have been proper to wait?
certainly - TILL ROUND END.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:10   #88
Biusa
Proud to be a Ðragon!

Quote:
Also he never waited to see if his problems were addressed. He simly left like a child who wasn't perceived to be getting their own way.
I thought he waited for quite a while... could be I got the wrong impression, tho.

Quote:
I don't think any of the best alliances would have dealt with the situation differently. You state dragons would have yet I am pretty sure you would have had something to say especially if a member left midround...
I know situations where you have taken offence at such things in previous rounds but which isnt really relevant here.
I personally can't recall any case atm, but maybe it's because Jurgen was doing most of the things alone in the past. You can be offended if a member leaves mid round, and I surely would be - but it really depends on what's going on, tho. I wouldn't be offended for this, that I can say.
True tho, not really relevant here.

Quote:
Anaram left. He made a choice andhe has to live by that choice. I don't see what we did as a over or under reaction, but then again I have never seen midround defections as anything but pathetic.
Once again, that's how you work and I am not denying that. I am just stating that in my opinion things could've come out different in this case. An alliance has to do something to fullfill the expectations of a member and vica verca. If the member is sucky, an alliance can kick him away. If the alliance isn't what the member wants it to be, he is free to leave (+ go through the coinsiquences, but imo joining a friendly alliance in your block isn't a reason to kick the living crap out of his planet)
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:17   #89
Anaram

Quote:
I've never seen ruling by terror as anything but pathetic. For the record: I do not see myself as defecting when I'm still fighting the same front.

Also Forest: I do not appreciate the comments you've given about me to others, how the two of us would know "the truth", and if I try to ask what you mean by that you would tell soon. If I already knew the truth, why not share it with me. What I find extremely lame is talking to my friends behind my back with it, and only giving vague implications.

I also do not like how the FAnG representatives tell a different tale each one. LB|away tells me I'm getting attacked because I joined Phraktos, alch claims that I'm getting roided for leaving FAnG, no matter where I'd have gone and finally Forest sticks to the story that I was roided for the simple reason that I was a good target. GG guys.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:19   #90
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:

Once again, that's how you work and I am not denying that. I am just stating that in my opinion things could've come out different in this case. An alliance has to do something to fullfill the expectations of a member and vica verca. If the member is sucky, an alliance can kick him away. If the alliance isn't what the member wants it to be, he is free to leave (+ go through the coinsiquences, but imo joining a friendly alliance in your block isn't a reason to kick the living crap out of his planet)

And we where working on it and did fix it. Anaram joined in the beginning of this round, and as soon as there was a snag, waited a few days (week) and jumped ship. There is no loyalty on his part, so why should we afford him the same courtesy?
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:20   #91
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
I thought he waited for quite a while... could be I got the wrong impression, tho.

I personally can't recall any case atm, but maybe it's because Jurgen was doing most of the things alone in the past. You can be offended if a member leaves mid round, and I surely would be - but it really depends on what's going on, tho. I wouldn't be offended for this, that I can say.

Firstly his thoughts were told to a hc who stepped down. He may have told him what he thought, but alch will deal with that how he see's fit. In the instances he has mentioned the problem have been dealt with and we have addressed the situation. However these things take time to filter through.

He left even though they were addressed and then arranged to join another alliance behind our backs. He had a choice to stay and deal with the situation. He chose a different route and our response was due to the action he decided to take, Harsh in his eyes and that of his friends, not for an alliance returning for its 7th round of pa. We have taken action which we feel is appropriate. No need to run an alliance down or an individual, he initiated the whole sequence no one else.

I really don't think thi is any longer ad worthy - it wasn't really ad material to begin with, but I do hope that Anaram has learned a lesson about midrund defection - one with a little more hc interaction he culd have avoided prior to leaving.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:22   #92
Anaram

Quote:
certainly - TILL ROUND END.
Hey! We are FAnG! You can't attack if you are our member, but try to leave us and we'll roid you!
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:23   #93
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
I've never seen ruling by terror as anything but pathetic. For the record: I do not see myself as defecting when I'm still fighting the same front.

Also Forest: I do not appreciate the comments you've given about me to others, how the two of us would know "the truth", and if I try to ask what you mean by that you would tell soon. If I already knew the truth, why not share it with me. What I find extremely lame is talking to my friends behind my back with it, and only giving vague implications.

I also do not like how the FAnG representatives tell a different tale each one. LB|away tells me I'm getting attacked because I joined Phraktos, alch claims that I'm getting roided for leaving FAnG, no matter where I'd have gone and finally Forest sticks to the story that I was roided for the simple reason that I was a good target. GG guys.
This isn't a terror tactic its a decision about where your roids should belong - get over the bad feeling and see this about roids which fang has as much right to as you.

You defected. You left. You lose all rights to protection we afforded you. No conflicts tehre, just that leaving midround is mmm bad.

Get over it and move on.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:24   #94
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Hey! We are FAnG! You can't attack if you are our member, but try to leave us and we'll roid you!
thats funny - i have seen at least 5 attacks online today.. Strange that isnt it?

/me sighs
Proud to be Independent
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:25   #95
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well, I should point out again that it was promised quite clearly by the HC that neutral planets in FAnG galaxies would not get attacked (and my galaxy is still a FAnG galaxy too). And at this stage I was neutral as far as FAnG would tell me upon inquiring.
so lol so lol
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:27   #96
Anaram

Quote:
Firstly his thoughts were told to a hc who stepped down. He may have told him what he thought, but alch will deal with that how he see's fit. In the instances he has mentioned the problem have been dealt with and we have addressed the situation. However these things take time to filter through.

He left even though they were addressed and then arranged to join another alliance behind our backs. He had a choice to stay and deal with the situation. He chose a different route and our response was due to the action he decided to take, Harsh in his eyes and that of his friends, not for an alliance returning for its 7th round of pa. We have taken action which we feel is appropriate. No need to run an alliance down or an individual, he initiated the whole sequence no one else.

I really don't think thi is any longer ad worthy - it wasn't really ad material to begin with, but I do hope that Anaram has learned a lesson about midrund defection - one with a little more hc interaction he culd have avoided prior to leaving.
If adjustments were made, should I have been made aware of them, for I certainly did not notice the points I made being filled. And those points were not unreasonable. I only asked for two things: proper warning of TP (I suggested 6 hours) and relevant scans done on Xandathrii targets. If you seriously claim that it's natural that an alliance at this stage of the round fails to announce their TP early and can't manage to do the proper scans Xandathrii targets, I think you'll need to have a look at the mirror.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:29   #97
Anaram

Quote:
thats funny - i have seen at least 5 attacks online today.. Strange that isnt it?

/me sighs
My complaint was never on the number of attacks. My complaint was on being able to join the attacks. Observe a difference?
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:32   #98
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Yes litle monkey boy, you was CEO or so you proclaimed and therefor you have the final call, or at least the responsability for the action taken.
and that responsability I took, but my call was made by an HC majority vote.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:33   #99
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Everyone decent left pa and now Fang can bully ppl around.
finally !
Just wondering whats phraktos and mistus reply to all this ?
will we see a last minute bashup with one alliance coming out on top or will more than 33% of the total noteworthy alliances playing still ally to the end ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:36   #100
Heartless

Quote:
He didn't really wait. 5 days where we tried different attack styles. Some more people didn't like it but apart from some usual moaning everyone else was able to wait and support us. Anaram wasn't. Strange or not?

Quote:
It is one thing to leave your alliance. It is another thing if you leave it mid-round. And completely different one when you have another alliance already prepared before leaving.

Quote:
Imho Anaram was just seeking for an excuse to leave FAnG, and it is also interesting that nobody complained. We just dealt the same way with him like we dealt with Coza (whom's issue doesn't need to be discussed here).
Also I think it is a bit lame that Anaram now tries to undermine a very good cooperation between FAnG and Phraktos with this thread. FAnG worships this cooperation between two good alliances and we appreciate that Phraktos (as well as Mistu) backed us up on our line against ship jumpers with granting us the retals. A shame what Anaram tries there now, really.