User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 May 2003, 09:05   #1
DrNick
Land Based Biped

DrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these parts
Ohhh Canada!

I've never understood the whole anti-canadian vibe u get off americans.
I know americans stereotype them but I'm not sure what this stereotype is, pls explain.

Canada seems like a fairly sound country to this ignorant brit.
Unread 29 May 2003, 09:07   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Ey?
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 09:09   #3
DrNick
Land Based Biped

DrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these parts
In every american tv program I have watched a series has at least one reference to how much canada sux. I was just wondering if it sucked for any particular reason or if they just plain dont like canada.
Unread 29 May 2003, 10:09   #4
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
hey at least your not stereotyped as talking like you've got graham nortons ballsacks in your mouth, living in a castle, and having a butler called jives.

NOT EVERYONE IN ENGLAND SPEAKS LIKE HUGH GRANT FFS. IN FACT I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO DOES SPEAK LIKE HIM.

</rant>
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 10:18   #5
DrNick
Land Based Biped

I should clarify that when I say i'm a brit it means I'm British and not canadian. I've never been to canada.
Unread 29 May 2003, 11:51   #6
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by WorkMonkey
Maybe it's cus Canadians are smarter?
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 11:52   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
Eh?
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:01   #8
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Who knows? Maybe Canadians are 'er, smarter, less ignorant, sexier, and don't use as much drugs?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:09   #9
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Who knows? Maybe Canadians are 'er, smarter, less ignorant, sexier, and don't use as much drugs?
If americans used more drugs, then they'd all be thinner, and thus sexier.

By putting small amounts of MDMA (Ecstacy) into the water supply. You'd make americans more productive, more creative, and more friendly. You'd also see them more active, and eating less.

I'm all for it!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:24   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
If americans used more drugs, then they'd all be thinner, and thus sexier.

By putting small amounts of MDMA (Ecstacy) into the water supply. You'd make americans more productive, more creative, and more friendly. You'd also see them more active, and eating less.

I'm all for it!
Ah, but what if the Canadians do that, but still use less drugs then the americans? The americans are probably all junkies, while the Canadians use a smart doses, thus doing what you says? (Just not throught the water, it would probably taste vile )
If you use too much drugs, you don't look sexy anymore.. Besides, thin is not a nessecary fact for sexyness, as thin people usually don't have curves, and has to "fill inn", and that is a major turn of in most cases!

But, on a completely different matter, would we like a smarter america? I THINK NOT. Think about it, a big, happy, brain-washed USA? I get shivers in my spine...
Unread 29 May 2003, 14:58   #11
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
they're just jealous and secretly want to be canadians!
IT'S TRUE!
why else would they stick canadian flags on their backpacks fs.
Unread 29 May 2003, 15:11   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Ohhh Canada!

Quote:
Originally posted by DrNick
I've never understood the whole anti-canadian vibe u get off americans.
What anti-Canadian vibe? As an American, I haven't really noticed one. If anything, Americans tend to downplay/ignore Canada/Canadians (which is probably due more to passive ignorance than active prejudice).
Quote:
I know americans stereotype them but I'm not sure what this stereotype is, pls explain.
Eh?
Quote:
Canada seems like a fairly sound country to this ignorant brit.
Yes, yes it is.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 15:26   #13
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
If you use too much drugs, you don't look sexy anymore..
Snurx in "Knows nothing about drugs" shocker.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 15:28   #14
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:

M.
Something makes me doubt he would be talking about heroin chic anyway...
Unread 29 May 2003, 15:53   #15
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
It's because the Canadian flag looks much more than the US one, clearly.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 20:32   #16
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I think my gal pic sums this issue up nicely.
*Waits for people to scroll through every galaxy so they can hunt me down and then kill me*
Unread 29 May 2003, 20:39   #17
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:

M.

But i don't!

EDIT:
Anyways, i knew this really sexy (and nice, actually) girl when i was younger. She got mixed up in drugs after a while, but we still had much contact.
She started to do more drugs, and we lost contact for about a year.
When i met her again, she looked like a wreck. Totaly ****ed up. I thought "heroine", but she had only done the same drugs as she always had (Amfethamine (thats probably wrongly spelled), e's, hash and rohypnol).
Strange, huh?

EDIT2: Jammers, that was a very nice galaxy picture! \o/

Last edited by Snurx; 29 May 2003 at 20:48.
Unread 29 May 2003, 21:33   #18
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
that galbanner is ace! :P
Unread 29 May 2003, 21:46   #19
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
The real reason Canada is made fun of is because

A) A lot of the TV shows you watch either have a Actor or writer from Cananda. Dave Letterman's band director is one and it was funny to watch him get thrown out of the NBC Thanksgiving dinner.

B) Their our friends of the north, and I don't know how guys are in your country but friends bust friends nuts.

C) Jokes on their military strenght are always funny for some reason. IE "This new hot tub I got has more jets then the Candian Air Force"
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 22:28   #20
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Think of it as "Sibling Rivalry." No one really means anything by it.
Unread 29 May 2003, 22:30   #21
Aryn
Happy

i think i agree with sandeh
i mean.. to be fair.. canada makes fun of the US too :P
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:28   #22
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
I think my gal pic sums this issue up nicely.
*Waits for people to scroll through every galaxy so they can hunt me down and then kill me*
YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me know if you get incoming because of this, I'll defend you
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:30   #23
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid00
C) Jokes on their military strenght are always funny for some reason. IE "This new hot tub I got has more jets then the Candian Air Force"
Hey, our three still work ... wait ... crap
Oh, but our tanks in toronto by the lake still work ... wait ... where the fk they put the keys ... crap
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 01:15   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
:wub: USA :wub:

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote