User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 3 Dec 2008, 15:40   #1
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice
People leaving

It seems this is the round for people to quit the game because of a blindingly foolish pa team that have no will to try and keep the stalwart players. How is the game to progress with such fools in charge??

pls flame below

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 15:53   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: People leaving

What are you talking about?

[edit]Let me rephrase that. What are you accusing PA Team of (not) doing?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 16:03   #3
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

If you really read leaving messages and suggestion forums you wouldn't ask that question

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 16:12   #4
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

im prolly leaving again after this round:P
not cause of pa team though, and tbh thats just some bollocks reason they are using.

if pa still had players left they wouldnt leave even if they got closed for bollocks reasons.
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 16:36   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladel View Post
If you really read leaving messages and suggestion forums you wouldn't ask that question
Ah, so this is a guessing topic then, is it?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 16:44   #6
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

People cheated so now they quit!
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 17:44   #7
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

i've heard rumours of PATeam corruption and lack of objectivity, could this be true?
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 17:46   #8
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

In 20'ish rounds of PA I have never cheated and though I find myself now with a closed planet in c200 only days away from being auto-deleted...
I can still say I've never cheated

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 18:21   #9
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough

Its only cheating if u get caught
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 20:35   #10
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

who cares, its not like they get refunds

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 20:53   #11
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TehPropheT]
The new alliance i joined kicked me after they decided that i could not be trusted after the HC believe all the things Forest says i have done
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpathia
It got me branded as a traitor, and kick banned for life from an alliance I dearly loved. I had put heart and sole into that alliance, attacking daily, defending daily and I thought making friends. I wasn't asked anything, I was just kicked. No conversation, no discussion, no explanation other than I betrayed my alliance. I don't think so, but then it doesn't matter what I think when my ex alliance believes they are right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
But the main reason why i am leaving this game again is due to the fact this round i was appauld by the acctions of the MH Team by closing me for a rule which 1) Was never made public it was brought back into the game and 2) I wasnt doing this anyway so why i was closed is beyond me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Those that know me know what happened so won't bother to go into detail here, but lets just say TY to Ace & Fiery for driving another player away from the game and making me do what I could have never done by myself:
Quitting PA
Two out of four posts isn't a majority, two posts alone isn't a lot.
OP: please quantify your post with some evidence to back your claim up.

Last edited by ellonweb; 3 Dec 2008 at 21:02.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 23:13   #12
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

what where they closed for?

I want to quit also u see, and could need a good excuse.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 00:26   #13
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

9 out of tag defmissions in 600 ticks

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 00:36   #14
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not getting the point of this thread (if there is one...).

It's been my experience that since OMAC took over, they're listening to the players far more than they have since I started in r3.

I certainly don't remember any polls from Spinner regarding likes/dislikes, and asking what I think should be improved/removed/added to the game.

Making the game free after 15 or whatever rounds of PTP seems like a pretty big improvement in and of itself.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 04:18   #15
Kenny

the free play thing was a good gesture... but lets face it - everyone still ****ing paid.

and putting a poll on the forums is a very good way to make you think somebody's listening... doesn't mean they actually are though.
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 07:58   #16
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
the free play thing was a good gesture... but lets face it - everyone still ****ing paid.
But that was exactly OMAC's objective. They look like heroes, but their income is negligibly affected. And, if new players do start to arrive, they will find it easier to get into a free game (and then, hopefully become addicted and join the "hardcore" players, and end up paying too).

Anyways this isn't on topic.
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 09:12   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Both OMAC and Appoco made it clear they expected (wrongly, it t urns out, but nevertheless) only a small portion of the player base to pay. While OMAC can't be blamed for not knowing the intricacies of the game, Appoco hopelessly underestimated the impact the bonusses granted when players do upgrade (as did I, though I did predict more people would update than they expected), and players are so used to paying that they see little reason not to grab whatever little advantage they can. Also keep in mind that (for example) scanners need to upgrade, because the scans of unpaid planets only last for 1-2 ticks; that's 10% of the alliance-based playerbase right there.

I cannot access PA from work, could someone post the ratio paid:unpaid planets? And Appoco, could you post some figures from past rounds, if you have them? I'm wondering if this new upgrade scheme has had any effect whatsoever.

[edit]
On a sidenote, this:
Quote:
pls flame below
is retarded.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 4 Dec 2008 at 10:15.
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 09:34   #18
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
It seems this is the round for people to quit the game because of a blindingly foolish pa team that have no will to try and keep the stalwart players. How is the game to progress with such fools in charge??

pls flame below
Well, seeing how there has been quite a while since I'we mentioned it, I'd tought I just schould say, "ay" for this one. Well, that and it has been far to long since I'we rambeled something useless on these forums.
Altho, I woun't blame it on the pepole in charge. Just the rules, regulations, and the never dwelling death of fun in planetarion.
So here is my (more or) less constructive contribution on how to make planetarion a better game for the future, as allways. fun > *
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 11:01   #19
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

Well.. played few rounds and like the game, but the actions of PA Team this round (and in in past few rounds) has been too retarded for my taste.

I might keep playing in the future rounds for the game itself and ppl playing the game but i won't put any more money in this. I think this won't kill PA yet but if we are unlucky we are wondering after next few rounds what went wrong and then these things pop up again.. when it's too late.

Anyways, have fun and gg.
R26 - Denial
R25 - VGN
R24 - VGN
R23 - ASS
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 11:06   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUFC View Post
Well.. played few rounds and like the game, but the actions of PA Team this round (and in in past few rounds) has been too retarded for my taste.
Could you be a little bit more specific? I honestly don't see how PA Team have been any worse the last 2 rounds than they've been in the 8 rounds before that.
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 11:33   #21
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Could you be a little bit more specific? I honestly don't see how PA Team have been any worse the last 2 rounds than they've been in the 8 rounds before that.
Willzzz closed without warning for 6-7 deffleets in 500 ticks,
Me closed without warning for 9 deffleets in 600 ticks.

Can't speak about willzzz case caus i don't know the details but in my case:
- MH's failing to have any common sence (9 deffleets created an unfair advantage... ya right)
- MH's making up new rules to justify my closure (the person that can point out the "you can't 'act' as a planet of ally x" or the "you can't recieve def from an alliance if you're not in a tag" rules anywhere in the EULA or announcements gets a free beer!)
- MH's refusing to listen to anyone who could confirm my story
- MH's making up a fake confession by Reese in which she admitted I was a Denial support planet when in fact that convo never happened

Don't know if they did that in the 8 rounds before that though

Unread 4 Dec 2008, 11:59   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.

The rules are pretty simple. If you're out of tag, and defending your alliance, you're a support planet. While I think the rule itself is a load of bollocks, I do abide by it, because I believe there should be a common framework within which everyone operates. If everyone broke the rules they didn't agree with, we might as well not have any at all.

By your own words you were sending an illegal defence fleet every second night. I cannot draw any other conclusion than that your closure was harsh, but fair. It's not like you're some clueless newbie who didn't know what he was doing, so the fact that you claim ignorance is pretty laughable.

As for fake logs, the MH team has nothing to gain from making up stories about you. I am almost certain they genuinely believed the log was real, and that you were the victim of some malicious third party. Nevertheless, the log should not have played a role in deciding your guilt, though of course you can't ever be sure.

A lot of the context in which all of this takes place is missing from your post. Someone pointing out "you can't 'act' as part of ally X" could just as easily have been trying to explain to you what you did wrong (and that explanation does seem like a pretty accurate one). Your bias (let's not waste time denying it) makes it impossible to determine exactly what happened.

Satisfy my curiosity though, what was your "story"?
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 12:04   #23
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
- MH's making up a fake confession by Reese in which she admitted I was a Denial support planet when in fact that convo never happened
That is a pretty serious accusation, one that, if it's true, will bring the MH team in serious discredit. Shouldn't this be looked at by somebody else then the MH team?
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 12:08   #24
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Satisfy my curiosity though, what was your "story"?
Short story:
I started out the round as an applicant in Denial, send some def when I (+50% of the active universe) was still out of tag.
Decided myself I wasn't going to be able to play active enough for Denial, told the hc's & left (around tick 200 or so).
Remained solo untill my closure (around tick 600), after my departure from Denial all I did was send occasional attacks and have some fun.

All i've done wrong this round is deciding for myself I wasn't active enough to play for a top alliance like Denial and let them recruit someone else to take up my place in tag.

I know the support planet rule is there for a reason, but there is a difference between an actual support planet and what I did imo

Unread 4 Dec 2008, 12:12   #25
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuBBeR View Post
That is a pretty serious accusation, one that, if it's true, will bring the MH team in serious discredit. Shouldn't this be looked at by somebody else then the MH team?
In that case it would be Reese's word against Fiery's...
Guess who PA-team would believe ;-)

Personally I believe Reese, as she has always been honest with me

Unread 4 Dec 2008, 12:16   #26
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Short story:
I started out the round as an applicant in Denial, send some def when I (+50% of the active universe) was still out of tag.
Decided myself I wasn't going to be able to play active enough for Denial, told the hc's & left (around tick 200 or so).
Remained solo untill my closure (around tick 600), after my departure from Denial all I did was send occasional attacks and have some fun.

All i've done wrong this round is deciding for myself I wasn't active enough to play for a top alliance like Denial and let them recruit someone else to take up my place in tag.

I know the support planet rule is there for a reason, but there is a difference between an actual support planet and what I did imo
1. For what it is wurth, I'd close you for beeing a multi soly on these fact's Vdm.
2. Stop whineing. We all know pa isn't about haveing fun, but to play by a set of rules?
3. Actual suport planets won't be closed, when they are tought trough and not used randomly.
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 12:24   #27
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Short story:
So does that make 9 defence missions in 400 ticks? Either way, this seems pretty clear to me. You were not in the tag and defended it more than a few times.

Quote:
In that case it would be Reese's word against Fiery's...
Guess who PA-team would believe ;-)

Personally I believe Reese, as she has always been honest with me
Allow me to repeat myself:
Quote:
As for fake logs, the MH team has nothing to gain from making up stories about you. I am almost certain they genuinely believed the log was real, and that you were the victim of some malicious third party. Nevertheless, the log should not have played a role in deciding your guilt, though of course you can't ever be sure.
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 12:29   #28
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
What log? Fiery telling me after Reese told her I wasn't a support planet for Denial that Reese told her I was a support planet?

Unread 4 Dec 2008, 12:32   #29
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
So does that make 9 defence missions in 400 ticks? Either way, this seems pretty clear to me. You were not in the tag and defended it more than a few times.
How about next round MH's close everyone that sends out of tag defence between t72 & 200-250.
Sure will be a fun round with half of the t5 alliances closed

Unread 4 Dec 2008, 12:32   #30
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
What log? Fiery telling me after Reese told her I wasn't a support planet for Denial that Reese told her I was a support planet?
And again (three times is the charm): While you may believe the multihunters are incompetent, they are not evil.

Quote:
How about next round MH's close everyone that sends out of tag defence between t72 & 200-250.
Sure will be a fun round with half of the t5 alliances closed
I see you didn't answer the question.
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 12:37   #31
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
And again (three times is the charm): While you may believe the multihunters are incompetent, they are not evil.
I guess that all depends who your friends are

Quote:
I see you didn't answer the question.
I'm sorry I missed the question there.

Quote:
Actually that makes 9 defence missions in 100-150 ticks and none in 400 ticks after that

Unread 4 Dec 2008, 12:58   #32
SUFC
IhQdAA

How many def missions are allowed, what is 'few' exactly?
And why it is allowed sometimes and sometimes it isn't? What part of the rules define the timeline?

And tbh, i didn't know bout that Fiery telling stories part, but if the only way to try escape from the whining of player after you make stupid decision is trying to lie you shouldn't be in that position doing those tasks nor making those calls tbh.

Same goes with the lot spoken thing with the rollback & fleet recall accident. PA Team should be able to see the full situation and make decision that are equally fair to mainly all players/alliances. And after lots of ppl are telling their point of view about it on irc (#planetarion was at times so grouded that i wasn't able to finish up reading someones line before it dissappeared from my screen) and on forum you still blindly carry on with the idiotic and unfair decision instead of listening the mass and change your mind (even if it means that you need to say that you made bad choise in the first place) to the direction that would be fair and please way more bigger bunch of players (paying customers) is something i can not understand.

I've lost my faith on current PA Team or atleast to part of it and your angst won't change that mz. You just start to look more annoying to me while trying to so much speak for them.

Anyways.. won't bitch about this anymore. Rollin the round till it ends and you can count how many payed planet did drop out and how much less ppl you have still playing the game. Like said before, i might still keep playing but paying is out of question...

Thanks for your time and interest!
<3
R26 - Denial
R25 - VGN
R24 - VGN
R23 - ASS
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 13:03   #33
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Actually that makes 9 defence missions in 100-150 ticks and none in 400 ticks after that
Hmm. That does changes things a bit in my opinion, in that I don't think it's as much a breach as what you said earlier. It's also a bit strange you got closed at tick 600 for something you did before tick 200.

Looking at it from the other side of the fence, the support planet rule is a very well known factor in PA. There is no exception for out of tag defence before tick 200.

Overall, had I been a multihunter, I'd have left it at a warning. So it goes.

I'll reiterate something I said earlier though. The support planet is a load of bollocks, as are alliance limits. They prevent me from playing inactively if I so choose, they prevent me from playing with the people I want to and they prevent my alliance from recruiting players that may not contribute to my alliance's score. The 15 spots in each tag that do not contribute do absolutely nothing to solve the problem, because those 15 spots can be (and are being) used for scanners and defenders. The fact that is not only still exists, but was reinstated after Fiery's initiative to kill it back in r25 is a testament to Cin's inability to look further than the end of his own nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUFC View Post
I've lost my faith on current PA Team or atleast to part of it and your angst won't change that mz. You just start to look more annoying to me while trying to so much speak for them.
I don't think you know what the word 'angst' means. I hope this post is more to your liking, my sole purpose here is to entertain the masses.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 4 Dec 2008 at 13:12.
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 13:34   #34
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Hmm. That does changes things a bit in my opinion, in that I don't think it's as much a breach as what you said earlier. It's also a bit strange you got closed at tick 600 for something you did before tick 200.
This is what pissed me off the most, I could have understood their decision to consider me a support planet if they had done it at tick 200-250 or so and together with me they would have closed all other alliance players that were still out of tag but had send def (rules count for everybody right?).
To close me 350-400 ticks later (when defence towards Denial stopped completly) however is something I just don't understand no matter how they try to justify it

Quote:
Looking at it from the other side of the fence, the support planet rule is a very well known factor in PA. There is no exception for out of tag defence before tick 200. This too is something that's well known among large parts of the community, and it's something Denial HCs should have taken into account.
If this was actually the case, then shitloads of planets should have been closed before t200, that is, if they actually believed their own rules.

Quote:
Overall, had I been a multihunter, I'd have left it at a warning. So it goes.
If you had been a multihunter, I'd have been a happy puppy

Quote:
I'll reiterate something I said earlier though. The support planet is a load of bollocks, as are alliance limits. They prevent me from playing inactively if I so choose, they prevent me from playing with the people I want to and they prevent my alliance from recruiting players that may not contribute to my alliance's score. The 15 spots in each tag that do not contribute do absolutely nothing to solve the problem, because those 15 spots can be (and are being) used for scanners and defenders. The fact that is not only still exists, but was reinstated after Fiery's initiative to kill it back in r25 is a testament to Cin's inability to look further than the end of his own nose.
Don't get me wrong on my previous posts about the support planet rule since I actually agree with the reason it exists.
It was a midround change in r14 (if i remember correct) to do something about the shitloads of out of tag cath viper support planets eXi had.
They created an unfair advantage for eXi and made them almost unhittable with certain shiptypes.

There is however a huge difference between that and what I did...

Unread 4 Dec 2008, 17:12   #35
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Wowzers. Would be nice if people from multihunters involved could confirm vdm's story, and then resign.

In addition - I don't read the EULA before each round, didn't have a clue support planets are naughty again. Guess I'm pretty fortunate all my mates are in the same alliance now....... and God knows how I haven't been closed in previous rounds.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 18:10   #36
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I sent out of tag defence at least 5 or 6 times this round. I can't remember when I tagged up exactly but my Fi/Co had been to quite a few incs prior to that. Guess I'm just lucky to still be open.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 19:17   #37
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
Wowzers. Would be nice if people from multihunters involved could confirm vdm's story, and then resign.

In addition - I don't read the EULA before each round, didn't have a clue support planets are naughty again. Guess I'm pretty fortunate all my mates are in the same alliance now....... and God knows how I haven't been closed in previous rounds.
No good reading the EULA as it only states the following about support-planets:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-EULA
(f) Support Accounts are accounts which are dedicated to undertaking specific and repeated actions which result in an unfair benefit for a
planet/organisation, where an organisation is defined as an alliance or galaxy.
IMO according to that I shouldn't be considered a support planet as I certainly wasn't dedicated to undertaking a specific and repeated action which resulted in an unfair benefit.

The only place you can find the definition of a support planet is here:
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=195254

Keep in mind that the thread itself is about a year and a half old, has as topic name: "Round 23 Multihunter Announcement." and in the time between r23 & r29 the support planet rule has been gone and brought back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery
1) Support planets
- "Scan" planets will not be governed by support planet rules in regards to scanning. Attacking and defending will still be governed by support planet rules.*
- Covert op planets will be governed by support planet rules if found to be working for one alliance that they're not tagged with**
- Support planet rules don't involve alliance block action where two or more alliances wave the same galaxy - often this isn't even an indication of co-operation
- Attack support planets are those who put other's needs before their own (e.g. escorting attacks to eta 1, attacking without pods, fake attacks to divert defence in galaxy attacks)******
- Defence support planets are those defending roughly more than the minimum of either 3 times per week or 25% of their defence fleets out of galaxy and alliance. ***
- Planets that are support planets will be closed. If no evidence can be found to link the support planet(s) to the targets, only the support planets themselves will be closed. If there is found to be some level of agreement or organisation, the planet benefiting will be closed as well.****
- Alliances found to have a group of support planets will be warned (under the circumstances of the previous point). If the problem reoccurs, the MHs reserve the right to take action against the alliances in the form of a penalty up to 10% of their score.

If someone is breaking these rules then they will be closed unless the infraction is minor, in which case a warning will be issued.
If we find that the spirit of this rule is being violated, then we will warn the person or people involved and add the offense to this list.
Bolded out the most important parts.

And remember kids:
- In an option between 2 choices, where 1 means you're innocent and the other means you're guilty, the guilty option will be chosen.
- % is a ****ed up way of calculating stuff in certain cases.
- 9 Deffleets made a major impact on this round, without them Denial would never be in the position it is right now.
- Whatever you do, never try to appeal your case. It is far more time consuming and annoying than PA should ever be.

And yes Achilles, you're lucky you're not closed cause you just admitted being a support planet before you tagged up!
(atleast in some people's mind)

Unread 4 Dec 2008, 19:42   #38
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
(f) Support Accounts are accounts which are dedicated to undertaking specific and repeated actions which result in an unfair benefit for a
planet/organisation, where an organisation is defined as an alliance or galaxy.
Who writes the EULA? Someone should point out to him that 'planet/galaxy/alliance' would have sufficed, instead of trying to make it sound sophisticated.

I'm with you on this VdM! Let me know if you plan to go on strike and march to appoco's house in Kent demanding your £5 back. I've always wanted to be a vigilante for a good cause.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 19:58   #39
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
Who writes the EULA? Someone should point out to him that 'planet/galaxy/alliance' would have sufficed, instead of trying to make it sound sophisticated.

I'm with you on this VdM! Let me know if you plan to go on strike and march to appoco's house in Kent demanding your £5 back. I've always wanted to be a vigilante for a good cause.
Not gonna go to Kent, I am however recruiting people for suicide bombings in The Netherlands, having seen a video of one of your previous visits I think you're the right man for the job!

Unread 4 Dec 2008, 21:05   #40
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Willzzz closed without warning for 6-7 deffleets in 500 ticks,
Me closed without warning for 9 deffleets in 600 ticks.

Can't speak about willzzz case caus i don't know the details but in my case:
- MH's failing to have any common sence (9 deffleets created an unfair advantage... ya right)
- MH's making up new rules to justify my closure (the person that can point out the "you can't 'act' as a planet of ally x" or the "you can't recieve def from an alliance if you're not in a tag" rules anywhere in the EULA or announcements gets a free beer!)
- MH's refusing to listen to anyone who could confirm my story

Don't know if they did that in the 8 rounds before that though
For the first time ever i think i am actually finding myself agree with VDM.

Now point is i do know why they closed Willzzz. He was closed for sending a grand total of 4 defence fleets to the alliance while out of tag (baring in mind our tag wasnt full at this point and we were trying to hide our numbers which ALL alliances were doing at the beggining does this mean that they will close asc/denial/audentes planets which wasnt in tag during the hiding planets period? Like to see that) Anyway.. I also saw the logs. The MHs didnt even listen to his apeal or explain to him properly the reasons as to why he was closed other then ofc 'you were closed for been a support planet'

Now in my day you had a procedure for the MH department. Ie its either a warning first then a closure if the member doesnt respond or of course a direcnt closure if the case is deemed serious. For sending only around 4 fleets out to defend an alliance i wouldnt see that as a direct closure. Mistake number one, a warning yes a direct closure no. Now if ANYONE knows about the Support planet rule more then me please feel free to step forward as not only did i INVENT IT i of course had the privlage of policing it for many rounds before any of the current MH team members. So i know exactly what procedures should be followed. When a member comes to appeal regarding his/her closure you as a MH are therefore in charge of explaining to them ur evidence, and then of course the person closed gives you a responce as to why. This never took place. Other then to be told 'you wont be re-oppend' Where have the procedures gone? I never thought i would attack the PA Team/MH team but to be honest that was a disgrace what took place with Willzzz. You may call me biased as i thought highly of him but the fact still remains he wasnt given a fair trial here at all.

Usally if your not happy with the MH who closed/warned you you can therefore speak to the head of the MH department. (this would be Fiery as the MH manager) Willzzz was im afraid that offended of been branded a cheat and of course ashamed he didnt see the point. But i did.. and again was not quoted any facts of his closure. When i asked for the email/contact detail of the head of Omac (as u also have/used to be able to contact the head of the game if you still wasnt happy) I was told PA Team didnt have any. I mean seriously...

Anyway, PA Team and the admins want players to return to this game.. but at the same time are forcing people away that still currently play this game over some of the most stupid things i have ever witnessed. And amusingly coming from VDMs speech above, the MHs used a log off irc as evidence regarding a reese speech? MHs should know rule 1 is NEVER use a log as evidence as of course we all know how blatent they are for been faked. Just madness. I am not some bitter idiot coming on here to post i know EXACTLY how hard it is to be a MH and a member of the PA Team. But this is the worst communication/procedures i have ever witnessed and until this is fixed expect to see many players leave this game.

So to quote some of the rules which VDM posted in a post above:

- Defence support planets are those defending roughly more than the minimum of either 3 times per week or 25% of their defence fleets out of galaxy and alliance. ***

As he only sent out maybe a total of 4-5 fleets to the alliance all around this part of the rule amused me. And of course this part was never followed either:

If someone is breaking these rules then they will be closed unless the infraction is minor, in which case a warning will be issued.
If we find that the spirit of this rule is being violated, then we will warn the person or people involved and add the offense to this list.

The above is what i reffered to earlier regarding warnings.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Assassin; 4 Dec 2008 at 21:17.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 23:22   #41
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Anyway, PA Team and the admins want players to return to this game.. but at the same time are forcing people away that still currently play this game over some of the most stupid things i have ever witnessed. And amusingly coming from VDMs speech above, the MHs used a log off irc as evidence regarding a reese speech? MHs should know rule 1 is NEVER use a log as evidence as of course we all know how blatent they are for been faked. Just madness. I am not some bitter idiot coming on here to post i know EXACTLY how hard it is to be a MH and a member of the PA Team. But this is the worst communication/procedures i have ever witnessed and until this is fixed expect to see many players leave this game.
What exactly happened was Fiery first telling me that support planets were a trend in Denial (something MH's shouldn't do imo, saying bad things about an alliance based on no substantial facts to a player that isn't part of any alliance / tag).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRC
19:26… 10 Fiery: ok, I discussed it with Ace
19:26… 10 Fiery: and since this seems to be a trend with Denial, as in you are not the first Denial support planet we have closed this round, you are staying closed.
I pasted it to Reese, simply because I personally felt Fiery had insulted Denial and Denial HC should atleast know about it.

Reese ofcourse got a lil pissed off, and asked Fiery about this.
Appearantly that was all the proof needed to further incriminate me as a support planet:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRC a bit later
20:10… 10 Fiery: considering that Reese has pm'ed me, shown me a c&p of something that I said to you in this pm, yes, I do think you are a Denial support planet.
20:10… 10 Fiery: Because she is clearly your HC and you are out of tag
Clearly a support planet ofc! There is no such thing as friendship on the internet with people you've known along time

And then a bit later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRC even later
20:24… 10 Fiery: Reese admitted that you were a support planet for Denial
20:24… 10 Fiery: She just spent several minutes explaining to me that Denial only had one
I believe Reese's word alot more than I believe Fiery's
20:29… 10 Rachael: i did no such thing
(It was real name day, guess you now all know her real name, let the stalking begin!)

And that's the real reason I won't play pa again as it has people in charge that make stuff up, are biased as can be, insult alliances without any substantial proof to back up those, ...

PS:
If for any reason you don't believe my logs, then don't.
You can always ask for the complete log
But if you really think I'd go through the effort of altering my logs just so I could prove my point then:
a) you don't know me
b) you are underestimating my lazyness ALOT

Unread 5 Dec 2008, 00:24   #42
ellonweb

Looks like VdM's and Willzzz's closures are pretty retarded hunting.

I'm curious why the Support Planet rule reintroduced, I remember all the fuss and effort that went into getting it removed in the first place.
Unread 5 Dec 2008, 00:30   #43
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdm
And that's the real reason I won't play pa again as it has people in charge that make stuff up, are biased as can be, ...
Bias is a flaw inherent in the human condition and not something that can simply be wished away in our policing systems, regardless of context. However in Planetarion it is taken to an extreme because the standard checks and balances demanded by any reasonable such system are not present. A long time ago quite a few of us tried to speak up about it* but in the end nothing changed.

* http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=194908
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2008, 00:43   #44
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

the eleventh commandment
thou shalt not get caught

you both got caught you both got closed , next time you want to be a support planet come see me ill give you lessons on how to send 20 OOGOOT def fleets a week and not get caught

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2008, 01:20   #45
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

If more than 25% of your defence missions are oog then you're a support planet. Well know rule, people obey it. I'm guessing vdm did not and got caught.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2008, 03:22   #46
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont even want to think about all the oogooa def I ve gotten over the years.
Dont think any of them were closed, ever.

I honestly didnt even know this was now again not allowed.

WHY REINFORCE A RETARDED RULE?!

Was there like no reason why it was removed in the first place?

Let people play their OWN planet the way they fking want aslong as they dont farm/multi/share/bugabuse.

Theres a saying that is a law / rule makes most of the population ( read: community ) criminals( cheats), there is something wrong with the law / rule.

Also, for GODS sake MHS, use common sense!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2008, 08:46   #47
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

This is actually nothing new. its been going on for years and its just sad that they dont fix it. (kick you-know-who out of pa-team)
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2008, 09:01   #48
SUFC
IhQdAA

If you want to get rid of oogoot def you could hardcode the def-missions to only work in gal/tag. Dunno is it wise or does it pay of the effort.

Assassin wrote the things in good way and i think the same way he does even tho my output is not at his level. Oh, and MZ.. word 'angst' was best i could think fast and it wasn't right (read the previous line ). Still no bad feelings nor anything personal against you <3
R26 - Denial
R25 - VGN
R24 - VGN
R23 - ASS