User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 14 Oct 2009, 23:26   #1
Crantor
Nice to be Loved

Crantor has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Alliance Tools in PA

I've been impressed with the changes in the alliance tools over the past few rounds. I think new alliances with no one to code web based tools get the most benefit but they are becoming quite good. In an effort to continue helping new alliances I'd like to make some suggestions.........

1) add a point system for def and attacks to rate alliance members

2) change the Intel to allow parsing galaxy incoming into Intel or jpg to help map the galaxy

3) a tool to let the DC see the designated def fleet for each member planet

4) a tool for sms to contact members

5) a place to list member email for member contact

6) a place to keep track of pnick for each member

7) a way to designate a member is not allowed to be defended

8) a way to store comments about each member

9) add a tool to help keep track of schedules for BC, DC and scanners

Well, that's likely enough to draw flak from most of the pa players. I like the alliance tools but I'd just like to see them continually improving. New players starting up fresh deserve some tools the older larger alliances have. I'm sure there are a lot more I haven't considered.

4D
H-A
Denial
ODDR
ROCK - FOREVER
Crantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 06:49   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Alliance Tools in PA

Munin has 3, 4, 6, 8. It quite intentionally does not have 1, 7, 9 and probably 5 as well.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 08:06   #3
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Mz' response is exactly why i think a basic set of tools and allow external bot access to PA is better than making alot of alliance tools ingame.

99% of the tools ever needed are out in the community, many of them are open source as well.

The needs for each alliance is different, and if PA only provided a set of basic tools, and allowed for bot interraction with the alliance tools ingame, it would be much more usefull than spending hours on hours improving the alliance tools when only a fraction of alliances will use those tools.

Outsourcing is the way!

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 21:11   #4
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

We were talking in #munin and #asc yesterday about the new email features that have been introduced.
Jester's idea was that it'd be great if PA could send HTTP requests (for convenience, other protocols could be used though) to alliances' servers to handle/process the data as well.

Getting our members to forward the emails to our server and making a tool to process the emails is just so much more effort
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 01:23   #5
Crantor
Nice to be Loved

Crantor has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Although a few years ago I programmed web sites it was nothing like this. I know I have no programmers for the web site my alliance already owns. I might add it hasn't been updated in years. What I have works, but if I don't have coders it's likely new alliances are in the same boat. Believe me I wish I could code. I just thought it'd be nice to see some of the tools. I'll just have to make do and wish new alliances luck. I haven't had any luck finding coders. The large established alliances are the ones with coders. I've heard there are sites with help for new coders...but to be honest........I don't even know what language is used here, much less about the help sites. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. I'll just keep looking.

it was a shot, one never knows until one asks.

I need to add, I know what munion is but not how to use it or where to get it. I've just heard of it.

4D
H-A
Denial
ODDR
ROCK - FOREVER
Crantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 02:14   #6
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Sending sms from alliance pages ingame would be a pretty awesome feature tbh, payment could probably be integrated with credits.
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 07:56   #7
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crantor View Post

I need to add, I know what munion is but not how to use it or where to get it. I've just heard of it.
see ellonwebs post about merlin , ts an updated version of munin and i believe he has given info on where to get it

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 13:53   #8
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Just to add, one of my big aims with Merlin was to bring the entry level down, so setting it up for new alliances is hopefully much easier. And re your problems with alliance websites, that's my next major to-do!
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 17:33   #9
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

ellonweb ftw<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 13:41   #10
Hydrax

Hydrax is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing with ingame tools is that it gets reset every round.
I can imagine that you want stuff like phone numbers, e-mail addresses, P nicks and comments about members to be stored and available over multiple rounds.

It could work, but then we would need that portal system where not only players have the same account every round, but alliances too.
Hydrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 11:03   #11
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post
Mz' response is exactly why i think a basic set of tools and allow external bot access to PA is better than making alot of alliance tools ingame.

99% of the tools ever needed are out in the community, many of them are open source as well.

The needs for each alliance is different, and if PA only provided a set of basic tools, and allowed for bot interraction with the alliance tools ingame, it would be much more usefull than spending hours on hours improving the alliance tools when only a fraction of alliances will use those tools.

Outsourcing is the way!
disagreed, what is wrong with served and set up ready for everyone to use? idiots, how ever thanks who ever is publicing tools for others use, thats certainly helpfull too, for pa team to steal for example
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 11:16   #12
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
disagreed, what is wrong with served and set up ready for everyone to use? idiots, how ever thanks who ever is publicing tools for others use, thats certainly helpfull too, for pa team to steal for example
So whenever you want a function that is usefull for you, which others would find silly or not so usefull, you should have your system?

I'm not against having a basic set of tools ingame.

Without the community, even half of the tools ingame wouldn't exist, because PA team has no clue what people need.
And I honestly believe PA team could use their time to improve the actual gameplay instead of nitpicking on features.

Open up for outside access to the alliance tools and let the people that know whats needed do the work.
Both Munin (and Merlin), and the NewDawn webbie/bots is open source, and im quite sure there is more than that out there.
Theese are all tools that have been worked on and perfected for rounds, and we find it still needs new additions, all the time.

I'm 100% confident the ingame alliance tools will never be as advanced as some of the alliance tools that are selfmade, and they will never be good enough for those that run their own alliance tools.

So as a conclusion, I'm all for having a basic set of tools ingame.
But unless it's something gamechanging, i'd rather that they opened up and let the alliances chip in their contribution.

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 18:23   #13
ellonweb

Quote:
the NewDawn webbie/bots is open source
link please!
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 22:30   #14
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
link please!
Beware! Remember to use a proper sandbox. Some nasty crashes surrounding the ND sphere. ;-P

On a serious note, if ND has open sourced their tools and opened them up for third parties then gw and cudos to you.
Unread 22 Oct 2009, 15:52   #15
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrax View Post
The thing with ingame tools is that it gets reset every round.
I can imagine that you want stuff like phone numbers, e-mail addresses, P nicks and comments about members to be stored and available over multiple rounds.

It could work, but then we would need that portal system where not only players have the same account every round, but alliances too.
Not really, you'd only need to have the portal system for planets. Then they input those details once into there account preferences and it saves them.. Then whenever they join an alliance, they have the option to make them visable to the alliance HC's/DC's.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2009, 00:18   #16
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
link please!
It can be found at http://git.ruin.nu

It's open source, and you're all free to use it, but we do not offer any support for it, atleast not on the technical aspect of it.

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 23 Oct 2009, 11:43   #17
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Perl?!

GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2009, 11:48   #18
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
So whenever you want a function that is usefull for you, which others would find silly or not so usefull, you should have your system?

I'm not against having a basic set of tools ingame.

Without the community, even half of the tools ingame wouldn't exist, because PA team has no clue what people need.
And I honestly believe PA team could use their time to improve the actual gameplay instead of nitpicking on features.

Open up for outside access to the alliance tools and let the people that know whats needed do the work.
Both Munin (and Merlin), and the NewDawn webbie/bots is open source, and im quite sure there is more than that out there.
Theese are all tools that have been worked on and perfected for rounds, and we find it still needs new additions, all the time.

I'm 100% confident the ingame alliance tools will never be as advanced as some of the alliance tools that are selfmade, and they will never be good enough for those that run their own alliance tools.

So as a conclusion, I'm all for having a basic set of tools ingame.
But unless it's something gamechanging, i'd rather that they opened up and let the alliances chip in their contribution.
A very good point, but it is game changing if people can play more organized due set of tools ingame and you can spend the time of coding to actually run the alliance. Like Puss is working her ass off for our tools, instead she could be running the fleet movement. Ofc some alliances has the techie skilled people out of so called command team.

Also yet again, why do not PA team allow some outsider coders to come help with the alliance tools, whom are experts with them, u dont have to prolly give out all the code and access in the world to allow mastering the existing tools.