User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 12 Mar 2009, 15:31   #1
Gijsie

Gijsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Private Galaxies

Hi all,

Why the option "Join a private galaxy" disappears?

I think it's a great option in this game and I just want to know what the reason is.

Regards,
Gijsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 16:29   #2
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about
Re: Private Galaxies

Those haven't been around for ages.
We have Buddy packs "BP" now instead.
4 or 5 people can team up and land in a random gal after shuffle.
You also have the option for some late signups after a certain tick, don't ask me what tick

hope this awnsers your question.
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 17:41   #3
Gijsie

Buddypacks are OK. I think it's not enough.

The greatest aspect in the game is the teamwork thing(my opinion). Attack other galaxies with your own galaxy, attack other alliances with your alliance. With the private gal option the teamwork aspect is a lot higher. I hope they will bring the option back again. A lot of new opportunities. And if you don't want to make a full galaxy, just pick the other otion, join a random galaxy or just take a buddypack.
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 20:55   #4
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Private gals of 10, Random gals of 10. Random gals get to exile for free.

Limit gals to 10.

Limit gals to 10.
Limit gals to 10.
Limit gals to 10.

Limit gals to 10.

Thanks.
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 21:24   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

These ideas about galaxy limits that keep getting spammed all over the forums are ****ing retarded.

You can't limit galaxies without forcing late signups to end up in piece of shit galaxies. Your suggestions are not helping newbies, they're punishing them.

[edit]Also, I just realised this isn't that topic where people keep advocating stupid shit. Apologies.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 12 Mar 2009 at 22:09.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 21:31   #6
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
You are all ****ing retarded.
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 21:51   #7
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

You are all very pleasant people.
Unread 12 Mar 2009, 22:44   #8
csillag

csillag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuBBeR View Post
Those haven't been around for ages.
We have Buddy packs "BP" now instead.
4 or 5 people can team up and land in a random gal after shuffle.
You also have the option for some late signups after a certain tick, don't ask me what tick

hope this awnsers your question.

tick 336

- retired -
csillag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 03:23   #9
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

csillag is ct now lol

lol lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 09:56   #10
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

what's their to lol about
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 14:23   #11
Gijsie

It's not really important how big a galaxy can be. It's more about the option available. Why not let the player make there own galaxies? And IF the galaxy limit is 20 and you can only get 10 men, make an option so you can toggle random players on/off. There are a lot of possibilities.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 17:09   #12
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

i'll say this again, if they start with private galaxies i'll quit playing.
and i doubt i'll be the only then.

priv galaxies will only serve to help certain "top" allies more.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 21:58   #13
Teddy_Bear
The Original Teddy

Teddy_Bear will become famous soon enoughTeddy_Bear will become famous soon enough

private galaxies where removed due to a few reasons, here are some i can think of.

Some people believed them to be unfair, the top players can form groups of the best. People can get a number of difrent allies in the gal and fence sit all round. It also stops new players mixing with old players as much. Also the same people always play with the same people, you never meet any more off the comunity.

for them resons i think maybe the odd one off round for private gals would be fun, but not every round
Unread 16 Mar 2009, 18:53   #14
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Bear View Post
private galaxies where removed due to a few reasons, here are some i can think of.

Some people believed them to be unfair, the top players can form groups of the best. People can get a number of difrent allies in the gal and fence sit all round. It also stops new players mixing with old players as much. Also the same people always play with the same people, you never meet any more off the comunity.

for them resons i think maybe the odd one off round for private gals would be fun, but not every round
And there are some retards that think this will help out new players better then limitting galsizes

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2009, 19:21   #15
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Limiting gal sizes doesn't help new players.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2009, 20:34   #16
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

sure mz?
fewer gals = fewer targets for alliances.
And with alliance limidt at 100, it will mean most gals will be targets even if it got members in the gals. This again might create mistrust and emoquittage.

Smaller gals will create stronger bonds.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 13:29   #17
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Im sorry, didnt read the thread prio to posting here.. but from the topic name i just want to say : Dont care much about the private gal bit, but PLEASE make it so that the max members in a gal wont b more than 12-14 members at the end of the round.. its so damn silly to have 22 man gals like we have atm!!

thank you