User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Jul 2003, 16:34   #1
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How much work did you put into r9.5?

R9.5 was merely some quick idea to try to keep ppl busy while coding/testing for r10. So when announced, it sounded more like some 3-4 weeks PA for fun than a real round. I heard from several alliances and ppl that they will take a break while r9.5, consolidate a bit, think over what they did wrong/right in r9, and give ppl a rest. Now, when looking at AD, I get the feeling that a lot of ppl tried this round seriously and do even the old same, lame, stupid, childish stuff to win at all cost that ppl in all rounds did. (No - I do not accuse anyone in special of it as I don't care who exactly did what).

I stopped being alliance-active, stepped down from being exec, and stopped my IRC-life completely (I log once a day into my account, look, laugh, build, sometimes raid a bit) and now I am ofc "not in the know" and ofc got "no clue". Hence I ask here:

1. How much work did the several alliances put into this round?

2. How much time do YOU still spend for PA (IRC and all that stuff)?

3. Is r9.5 seen by YOU as a full round? Can the "winner" really be called "winner of a round PA"?

4. Which alliance used r9.5 to re-think their work, prepare for r10 and give their command staff a rest?

5. Which alliance went fullscale into this round and drove their members to forget about RL and get the f#ck up at 3am in the morning each day?

6. How is the mood in the alliances now that r10 comes near? Is it nervousity? Are you anxious, curious? Will you disband in any scale?

7. Was it good for your alliance what they did (either used r9.5 as a break or went head over heels into it)?

Oh - and please - no discussion about cheating and specific alliances as there are more dull threads about this than this forum can bear - even if the point is given...

Thanks,
Lerxst
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 16:40   #2
Drvar

Drvar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How much work did you put into r9.5?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lerxst
Some alot, some played just for fun
Quote:
I spent alot of time in this round, because i started playing after a long time, and wanted to enjoy the full PA
Quote:
3. Is r9.5 seen by YOU as a full round? Can the "winner" really be called "winner of a round PA"?
I think so, the alliance that won didn't win by doing completely nothing, or just logging into their accounts once in a week. They worked hard, and so did the alliances trying to bring it down
Quote:
5. Which alliance went fullscale into this round and drove their members to forget about RL and get the f#ck up at 3am in the morning each day?
LDK probably .
Quote:
7. Was it good for your alliance what they did (either used r9.5 as a break or went head over heels into it)?
I certainly enjoyed playing this round with my alliance. It was fun, we deffed alot, attacked alot, everything a good alliance does, to have fun .
Drvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 16:54   #3
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
[b]

With all the cheatin going on, imo NO
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 16:56   #4
Drvar

Quote:
Originally posted by das_experiment
Quote:
Oh - and please - no discussion about cheating and specific alliances as there are more dull threads about this than this forum can bear - even if the point is given...

Thanks,
Lerxst

read it next time.
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 16:59   #5
das_experiment

i read it, but i wanted to give a reason for my decision
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 17:06   #6
Drvar

Quote:
i read it, but i wanted to give a reason for my decision
dont come to threads where you just want to **** everything up. anwser some of the other questions too, etc etc. the thread starter specifically said no mentioning of cheating, because now, everyone will just be lame, and a good discussion is likely not to evolve.
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 17:10   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: How much work did you put into r9.5?

Quote:
I agree.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 17:14   #8
Drvar

Re: Re: Re: How much work did you put into r9.5?

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I agree.
...eh, its just not worth it .
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 17:15   #9
das_experiment

Quote:
Originally posted by Drvar
dont come to threads where you just want to **** everything up. anwser some of the other questions too, etc etc. the thread starter specifically said no mentioning of cheating, because now, everyone will just be lame, and a good discussion is likely not to evolve.

erm i did not mention any coords, alliances, whatsoever

i just said that i dont feel this rounds winner deserve to be a winner, due to the endless amount of multies we have this round.

Im not saying the winner used em, but multies have affected every1 this round in some way or form.
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 17:24   #10
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow. An actual Alliance Discussion. How odd.

I'd say most alliances put just as much effort into this round, LDK just outplayed everyone.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 17:28   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I'd say most alliances put just as much effort into this round, LDK just outplayed everyone.
It was nice (well, nasty) to see xan used properly again.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 17:46   #12
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Was certainly a real round for me, actually thought i was gonna have a shot at top150-250 for once, but my rl sets the rule 'i need some gal-backup', so had to stop roiding for a while due to my shabby gal, now im happy with the top500 i should finish off in

Alliance-wise its been business as usual, some took a break, those who didnt have been just as active as before, if not more.
Everybody are generally looking forward to r10 with curiosity i would say...a big change is way overdue now

Sorry but I have to comment :\

I know people who stopped playing more or less completely this round for the single reason that there are so many cheaters around.
Free can be good...but i guess we have been spoiled with p2p only.
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 18:25   #13
Jykke
Estharian

Jykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
if im not sure is my planet still around, guess its good answer

Quote:
Not to me, it is a 'waiste your time before r10',
and the one who wins this 'round' is probably the
one who abused the 'free round' aspect most.
(hence im not in it )

[Blue Tuba] -> [Fury] -> [Eclipse] -> [1up]
rounds that I have played; 3-10 and 16.
....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Jykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 18:44   #14
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
We played as serious as ever.
Quote:
About 8hrs a day.
Quote:
Quote:
I did not expect this beforehand but as things are going now: yes. You can call the winner whatever you like. The truth is in the eye of the beholder. I don't expect many people will give the winner the respect his efforts may deserve. For known reason.
Quote:
4. Which alliance used r9.5 to re-think their work, prepare for r10 and give their command staff a rest?
Quote:
We did re-think our work, as allways. We try to prepare for round 10, but just have no idea what to prepare for. Command staff? They have been busier then ever.
Quote:
Quote:
We played as we always do. Tried to get people to get up at 3 am. Problem is they didn't do it and they know we don't blame them. It's a game, it should remain like that.
Quote:
6. How is the mood in the alliances now that r10 comes near? Is it nervousity? Are you anxious, curious? Will you disband in any scale?
Quote:
I think people are frustrated by the cheating. I don't think most are really focussed on round 10 yet. We will need to reorganize possibly stop a lot of our activities. But we don't know yet.
Quote:
Quote:
I have no complaints about any of the decisions we made for this round. I think we did the best we could for our alliance.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 18:55   #15
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
I spent more time on 9.5 then on round 9 as that was boring and anoying within a week of play.

Is it ia real round ? Off course it is.
It is better in many respects than r7, r8, r9. Only really poor thing is the total lack for the rules of the game shown by so many !! (Not only LDK)

Can the winner be called a real winner of a PA round ? Off course not.
Winners in PA are real losers who use all kind of means to bend the rules or at least profit from other people bending he rules for them. This has been so in all rounds really so frankly "PA winners are gaming losers" and in this respect this round is like no other. People who want to win so bad they want to **** up the game they are playing for it are so pathetic that it does not warrant any respect.

hAl
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 20:18   #16
Slinky
SPESHAL

Slinky is an unknown quantity at this point
I got bored after 4 weeks when I realised I was the only person in my galaxy to actually use IRC, at which point I gave up and quit until round 10, which if I end up in a galaxy anything like my r8 while, I'll inactive the way all through the round, cos my r8 galaxy was an inactive pile of crap as well (so was my r9 random galaxy :S). P2P doesn't make ppl active, it just makes people pay and give up after a few weeks.
Round 4 - UiS member, The Return member, Elysium member
Round 5 - Didn't play
Round 6 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 7 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 8 - GC | IPC BC
Round 9 - GC | Eden Group Planetarion Leader
Round 9.5 - MOW | Rock member
Round * Quit
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 22:03   #17
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:

about the same as in all other rounds imo; a lot.

Quote:
played R9 hardcore, didn't play this round due to rl + the fact that imo a free random round nowadays is a joke (take a look at the top100). will play R10 fanatically i think

Quote:
no, since i consider LDK as a bunch of dirty cheaters. nothing more, nothing less. i'd have respect for a multi who could get ALL his accounts in top 10 :/

Quote:
i wouldn't know.

Quote:
as far as i can see, none.

Quote:
everyone is curious about R10 :P

Quote:
i joined eclipse this round. was a defwhore, didn't really play. eclipse tried their best to beat LDK but this was a fight we could never win. i have much respect for our command, they did the best they could. reminds me a bit of xanadu R7.
in R10 we'll be back, don't worry
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 22:05   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Didn't you create a thread saying "This round doesn't count" before it started?

I could search, but I'll rely on my rapidly failing memory.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 23:34   #19
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks

Indeed he did, he asked the question

"Will all alliances agree the winner of this round doesn't count as it is not technically a complete round of Planetarion?"

I believe it was answered by

"It'll count as much as Titan's win in r8 counted" at which point iirc he quickly left the thread
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 23:46   #20
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
i personally put far too much time into this round, only to get sh*t shovelled in my face by friends and allies :/

if i play next round, it will only be to play alongside some real friends of mine.
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 00:35   #21
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks

Yes I did. What's your point?

Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
I believe it was answered by

"It'll count as much as Titan's win in r8 counted" at which point iirc he quickly left the thread
Yeah, because bashing out the whole Round 8 thing yet again, for the millionth time, would have been much more fun. Right?
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 10 Jul 2003, 00:41   #22
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Yes I did. What's your point?

Yeah, because bashing out the whole Round 8 thing yet again, for the millionth time, would have been much more fun. Right?
it never stopped you :P

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 00:48   #23
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by mazzelaar
it never stopped you :P
Yes it did.

Unread 10 Jul 2003, 01:06   #24
Smokeh
Kitty handler

Smokeh will become famous soon enoughSmokeh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
In IPC we put an ickle bit of work in, basically just a very slow preperation for round 10, updating some of the website tools myself for planet NAPs instead of galaxy NAPs, et cetera

Quote:
IRC isn't PA for me, IRC is what connects me to my friends... I've spent on much time as I can spare usually... at the moment about 8 hours per day. Earlier in the round up to 22 hours per day

Quote:
It's a full round that lasts half the time, the fact that its called 9.5 doesnt really help but what the hey, I'd say it's a "full" round

Quote:
Absolutely no idea. I'd say IPC probably apply to the first two points there, I didn't get much of a rest though

Quote:
Not mine

Quote:
I think it's a general feel of uncertainness as to how well the new features will work. In one sense, it's very very cynical. In another, a few people are excited about it. There's no way to put a total alliance "mood" on things I think

Quote:
Hmmm... It certainly got us a bit more publicity than usual (good, bad and F-Crew) so in that sense maybe it's good... As for the good of IPC as a whole, staying together as a community was more important with people taking holidays
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 01:43   #25
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road
actually nothing, but i prepared my come back next round a bit ^^
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 01:45   #26
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by LEFF|pm
actually nothing, but i prepared my come back next round a bit ^^
I thought you wern't ever going to play this game anymore?

Unread 10 Jul 2003, 04:19   #27
Tomukas0

Tomukas0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

[quote]Originally posted by Lerxst

Well LDK did great job this round organising everything (of, course, some of you will add cheating, but as long as I don't know evidences, I will not add it. Well, no1 called me cheater till today too, I hope it will remain the same )

Online on PA almost 24/7. OK, maybe 23/7 Less time on PA IRC now because of terrible activity in our gal/cluster chans.

Since I spent more time and more nervous in this round than anytime else, and never played so serious, it would be a big disappointment for me if not. Even if I'm not by myself in top10. But let others to decide, if they will forget that their enemies won this one.

Since I'm only a single memeber, can't say a lot about other allies there. Well at least Ely need more activity at night, when i come online 2 am asking about def for my Ely agl m8, and they can't help him.

LDK and Eclipse I believe.

Rnd 2 : ??:??:?? Tomukas of Barbaru Planeta - n00b
Rnd 3 : ??:??:?? Zerling of Zerga Galva - n00b
Rnd 4 : 46:5: (7?) Zerling Of Zerga Galva - n00b
Rnd 5 : ??:??:?? Lonely Monkey of Planet of Apes_ - n00b
Rnd 8 : 41:3:9 The Dark King of Castle of Dungeon - n00b
Rnd 9,5 : 48:6:7 Slipknot of Everything Ends - still the same n00b
Tomukas0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 04:41   #28
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

[quote]Originally posted by Tomukas0
Quote:

LDK and Eclipse I believe.
You are wrong here. Eclipse stated since announcement of r9.5 that we wouldnt play this round serious and we gave our members the option to take r9.5 off completely and to come back purely for r10,
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 10:48   #29
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Is it ia real round ? Off course it is.
It is better in many respects than r7, r8, r9. Only really poor thing is the total lack for the rules of the game shown by so many !! (Not only LDK)
Since r9.5 lasted longer than I thought it would I think it's been more of a "real" round than r9 was, although I haven't been playing it seriously. Might just be due to the accelerated startup but it was easier to get going in this round without the tedious research tree, great for a short round.

Pity that some people felt the need to abuse the rules of the game, but that happens in every round to some extent.
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 12:55   #30
Bootlord
Baldy

Bootlord is an unknown quantity at this point

Some did more work than others but just that type of ally you coose to be in.

I spended like 9 or 10 hours on IRC (paying attention to it that is) and am checking my planet more hours a day. only time i was not checking it i was sleeping

Really dont see why not. For me the winner is the winner. Friendly soccermatches also have a winner

Heh no comment. i don't have insight information about other allies. I only saw them being cnutted every day. Dont know if that's their own fault or because of being dominated by better organized allies.

Think went in fullscale because every alliance wants to perform good. Think only a few members had the discipline to stay active whole round. That imo opinion is always the bottleneck of an alliance. Keeping your members active.

I dont know and i dont care. R9,5 has probably made me decide i wont won't play anymore.

Think my alliance had a great time this round looking at their activity and the reward that was gained by it. On the other hand has been insulted a lot so think socially it wasn't so good rofl
R4 293:20:2 Rzarector of the 6th Circle [Defcon]
R5 23:13:14 Ephemeron of The unbreakable [Wrath][Defcon]
R6 Cba of pa when i need to graduate [RL]
R7 27:16:25 The addiction and satisfaction of hearing you screaming for mercy [Titans][Defcon]
R8 41:7:3 The storyteller of the last Saga [Titans][Plush][Defcon]
R9 Cba of playing pa [RL]
R9,5 36:5:24 It's just one of Those days [LDK][Kamikaze]
Bootlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 18:24   #31
Som1

Som1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
So Fury r7's victory does not count either?
Som1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 22:50   #32
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Som1
So Fury r7's victory does not count either?
don't get them started.

Back on topic i played this game casulally for the first week, then got an alliance and a bg then went at it full tilt dispite having little online time, went from 1500 odd in the ranking's to 600 odd pretty quickly before having to take a week or so off due to flat sitting a house with no net connection :/ and since then staying at other places (a mates, my girlfriends etc) and not having the stability of being at home and it has majorly affected my commitment, i have been playing now and again, but the fact remains that full round or mini round or fun round some people can't play casually and go all out to win, the sad thing is some have to do it by breaking the rules.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 04:35   #33
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

TeraHertz is an unknown quantity at this point
I cant speak for my alliance.

A fair bit. I took the start of round seriously, becasue I was enjoying it, then everything got to the level of normal PA. Then I got bored and stopped attacking.

DEFINATLEY. all those people who said "i wont really try" were just covering themselves incase the returning old school owned their asses. Anyone who says the winner of this round isn't a real winner is just bitter.

No idea. Is that a trick question. Afaik most alliances used this round for recruiting.

Thats just PA. Don't people do that anyway?

Cant speak for my alliance

I think they just chilled and slapped a few people silly like usual as far as I know. Dunno. Good I expect. I have to say personaly the start of this round was my most fun yet.
TeraHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 12:26   #34
lrytas
[LDK] Head

lrytas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
R9.5 was merely some quick idea to try to keep ppl busy while coding/testing for r10. So when announced, it sounded more like some 3-4 weeks PA for fun than a real round. I heard from several alliances and ppl that they will take a break while r9.5, consolidate a bit, think over what they did wrong/right in r9, and give ppl a rest. Now, when looking at AD, I get the feeling that a lot of ppl tried this round seriously and do even the old same, lame, stupid, childish stuff to win at all cost that ppl in all rounds did. (No - I do not accuse anyone in special of it as I don't care who exactly did what).

I stopped being alliance-active, stepped down from being exec, and stopped my IRC-life completely (I log once a day into my account, look, laugh, build, sometimes raid a bit) and now I am ofc "not in the know" and ofc got "no clue". Hence I ask here:

Thanks,
Lerxst
1. Some alliances put really lots of time to own the uni.
2. Still around 16.
3. yes
4. Dont know any
5. Most of
6. Quite curious, people expect much from r10 , some of them will be disappointed i believe heh.
7. Yes r9.5 for my alliance was quite interesting.
________
Slovenian cooking

Last edited by lrytas; 26 Feb 2011 at 19:36.
lrytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 12:58   #35
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the majority of the people that played R9.5 played it as a real round. Those who didn't want to play seriously either didn't play at all or ran a scan planet for their alliance.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 13:09   #36
[ToT]Marduk
Godlike looking

[ToT]Marduk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

1. i only can speak for ToT and we did nearly nothing. we are updating the arbiter and organise 1-2 attacks per day, thats all.

2. about 1 hour per day. normally (in a full round) i spend 6 hours.

3. 9,5 is not a fullround for me, and also not for ToT. its more a good chance to have a nap for us and most ToT players dont play serious. (some ppl might say we never do )

the "winner" can call himself winner of r9,5

4. ToT

5. looks like LDK

6. its stress hehe, programming ne features, attackbots, organising officers, etc

7. we will see in r10, but for me it is great to have a nap
R2: 82:16 -=RaIsTlIn of AnSaLoN=- (GOSSD)
R3: 14:2 Marduk of Blackmetal [n00b ally]
R4: 135:7 Bolzenhagel of Stahlwerk [ToT] (SQRL, s7n)
R5: 9:24 BlutEngel of DieOffenbarung [ToT] (SQRL, c9r)
R6: 36:9 Rachesturm of Höllentor [ToT]
R7: 31:25 Gefallener Engel of Dunkelheit [ToT]
R8: 52:4 Schatten of Blutrache [ToT]
R9: 40:8 Ninurta Neregal Enlil of Esagila [ToT]
R9,5: 3:6:6 Marduk of ToT Leader [ToT]
http://gallery.netgamers.org/view.php?nick=marduk
[ToT]Marduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 20:24   #37
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
A lot of work was put in to this round to make it both fun and just as active as other rounds

Quote:
Just as much as most rounds

Quote:
Actuall yes, the winner did have to do alot of work to get where he is

Quote:
I'm not sure on this one

Quote:
A good ammount but LDK i think did the most

Quote:
6. How is the mood in the alliances now that r10 comes near? Is it nervousity? Are you anxious, curious? Will you disband in any scale? and specific alliances as there are more dull threads about this than this forum can bear - even if the point is given...
it's like ur not sure what coming next, cause u don't

Quote:
o yea, late night raid and def :-p

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 00:56   #38
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by [ToT]Marduk
about 1 hour per day. normally (in a full round) i spend 6 hours.
1 hr a day and you're HC? How many HC do you have?

Unread 13 Jul 2003, 02:00   #39
TNX
^_°

TNX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Re: Re: How much work did you put into r9.5?

Quote:
he is leader, and we got 24 hcs ofc (maths isnt your strengh eh?)
rd4: 3:12:11 [ToT]
rd5: 34:22:3 [ToT]
rd6: 36:9:12 / 22:17:5 [ToT]
rd7: 22:23:8 / 7:12:11 [ToT]
rd8: 33:2:1 [Fury] / [ToT]
rd9: 37:8:8 [ToT]
rd9.5: 14:9:5 [ToT]
rd 10: 16:5:10 [ToT]
rd10.5: farming rps in emain.
rd11: 22:6:8 (deleted on request) []LCH[]
rd12: uhm no.
rd13: maybe

^_° TNX|away
TNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 08:29   #40
[ToT]Marduk
Godlike looking

[ToT]Marduk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
i am leader, not HC. in other words: if i find enough ppl to do the work i have to do nothing

its r9,5 we dont play serious, so it doesnt matters how long i am online for pa. as i said: in a normal round im here for about 6 hours (only pa stuff ofc)
R2: 82:16 -=RaIsTlIn of AnSaLoN=- (GOSSD)
R3: 14:2 Marduk of Blackmetal [n00b ally]
R4: 135:7 Bolzenhagel of Stahlwerk [ToT] (SQRL, s7n)
R5: 9:24 BlutEngel of DieOffenbarung [ToT] (SQRL, c9r)
R6: 36:9 Rachesturm of Höllentor [ToT]
R7: 31:25 Gefallener Engel of Dunkelheit [ToT]
R8: 52:4 Schatten of Blutrache [ToT]
R9: 40:8 Ninurta Neregal Enlil of Esagila [ToT]
R9,5: 3:6:6 Marduk of ToT Leader [ToT]
http://gallery.netgamers.org/view.php?nick=marduk
[ToT]Marduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 09:45   #41
The Globe
Genieten in een Teug

The Globe is an unknown quantity at this point
r9.5 was a full time job for me
teaching n00bs some skills, etc
r1 - 17:23:6 [TFD]
r2 - 50:9:20 [TFD]
r3 - 21:24:17 [NOS]
r4 - 290:25:3 [Xanadu] {44: Might of Rome}
r5 - 28:16:24 [WPO] {58: Lothlórien}
r6 - 28:11:18 [Titans] {33: Honour & Loyalty}
r7 - 17:6:6 [Titans] {18: Honour & Loyalty}
r8 - 26:2:9 [Titans] {4: Grumpy Gits}
r9 - resting
r9.5 - 46:7:19 [LDK] {2: The 7 Deadly Sins}
r10 --> PLT r7 - 14:5:8 [OuZo] {1: Horny Roiders}
The Globe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 01:16   #42
Atul
Xanadu

Atul is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
most alliances put alot of work into the round
Quote:
very few this round, 5-10 (usually 16-20)
Quote:
yes
Quote:
none (not even ToT :P)
Quote:
LDK, but i think most alliances did too
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 02:01   #43
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by The Globe
r9.5 was a full time job for me
teaching n00bs some skills, etc
thats for sure

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote