User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Jul 2003, 18:20   #1
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down What the hell is going on?

My windows profile seems to have been completely deleted, i've lost my bookmarks, my windows settings, my start menu profile specific entries. My enourmous "My Documents" folder is also completely gone. It logged off fine last night. Im using win2k pro with the latest service pack. WTF HAPPENED!
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 18:30   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Have you looked in your C:\Documents and Settings\ directory? What's there, if anything?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 18:31   #3
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Have you looked in your C:\Documents and Settings\ directory? What's there, if anything?
That was the first place I looked, all my stuff was gone.
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 18:37   #4
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
u've being hax0red by a frog

A FROG OF DOOM
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 18:55   #5
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Re: What the hell is going on?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
My windows profile seems to have been completely deleted, i've lost my bookmarks, my windows settings, my start menu profile specific entries. My enourmous "My Documents" folder is also completely gone. It logged off fine last night. Im using win2k pro with the latest service pack. WTF HAPPENED!
Are any other files on your computer affected?

If there's nothing else happened, are you the only person using the PC?

If not, ask everyone else who uses if they did anything unusual?
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 19:10   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It's possible someone has gone to Start\Settings\Control Panel\System\Advanced\User Profiles and then deleted your User Profile.

I forget, did 2K have System Restore enabled on it?

If not, you could be screwed. Alternately, search for the files you thought were in your profile (E.g. in My Documents) it's unlikely but possible someone simply moved or renamed the directory.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote