User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Jul 2003, 21:33   #1
warrmr

warrmr is an unknown quantity at this point
where do i stand on this one

i have had my T68i for 2-3 months and have had problems with it first i had the problem when when i switched it on the screen woudl light up but stay black. so i take it to Se service centre and they refuse to honour the garentee cos its on orange and has been unlocked. so i takt it to the guy i buy it off and he puts me in a new screen. now 1 month on i have a new problem altho its been an ongoing prob for abotu 2 weeks. basicly the sim reader int eh phone wont read the sim propery it will read it to turn on but if i wanna send an sms or use the phoen for anything other then a pda i have to turn it on and off and then it ses insert sim so i have to take the sim out and lick it put it back in and then try again. thus damaging my sim i now have a slicht hole in the gold plate on my sim from doing this every day for the last 2 weeks and it has gradually got worse.

so now im afraid he wont honour the garentee or SE wont honur it and im gonna be stuck with a duff phone and having to go back to my 5110 till january when i can go contract when im 18. and get a T610
warrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 21:43   #2
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
surely the phone guarantee is seperate from the network supplier?
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 21:47   #3
warrmr

warrmr is an unknown quantity at this point
it shoudl be. but i took it to an SE service centre to get it fixed once and they asked me what network and i sed o2 and they asked me if it was unlocked cos it had an orange facia on (fixed with the orange logo on) and they sed to me that they will have to charge me cos it is unlocked and that is "tampering with teh phone" altho orange will give u a code to unlock it to enter when you press>**> on the phone.
warrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 22:35   #4
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by warrmr
they will have to charge me
So basically you're too cheap to cough up for repairs on your phone after doing something which voided your guarantee?

That's why the handsets cost so much less with a tariff than sim-free, they're getting your business.