User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:17   #1
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
finaly

<Spinner> Furthermore, the more powerfull scans has to be launched by the planet who needs them
<Spinner> And cant be launched by a scan planet

A few rounds late but still...
Mayby spinner did read the suggestions I send him several rounds ago ;-)
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:19   #2
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
R10 is looking even better
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:31   #3
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
R10 is looking even better
people will still use scan planets, i.e they launch there fleet at the target and then scan and recall.

however there are countermeasures to that built into the Agents arena, as you can potentially blind a player, and it goes both ways attacker and defender, not a lot else i can say about it or ill get slapped.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:36   #4
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
From what I can gather, the PA Crew are doing an excellent job, looking at what we've been moaning about and doing something about it, not just this scans measure, but everything
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:39   #5
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
From what I can gather, the PA Crew are doing an excellent job, looking at what we've been moaning about and doing something about it, not just this scans measure, but everything
but when it's all finished, we we actually have a game or just a webpage which is good at stopping cheating?

it's good that they've finally taken on serious suggestions of how to stop all the bad elements of our game, but i fear this will be at a high cost..
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:41   #6
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
it's good that they've finally taken on serious suggestions of how to stop all the bad elements of our game, but i fear this will be at a high cost..
...or too late...
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:42   #7
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
...or too late...
it was too late in r4
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:52   #8
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
but when it's all finished, we we actually have a game or just a webpage which is good at stopping cheating?

You bitch about nothing being done.

You bitch when they do things to solve the problems you bitch about.

Are you not even going to give it a chance?

This goes the same for you Hobbie, better late than never and all
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 20:19   #9
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
people will still use scan planets, i.e they launch there fleet at the target and then scan and recall.

however there are countermeasures to that built into the Agents arena, as you can potentially blind a player, and it goes both ways attacker and defender, not a lot else i can say about it or ill get slapped.
Maybe certain members of the community shouldnt have more information that others. Considering the nature of the game if some players are going to get very early details of whats going to be in rd 10, they really should provide them to everyone.

Regardless though. A lot of people seem to be forgetting that just because something the creators does is meant to adress a problem, doesnt mean it will. Remember they tried to stop alot of this stuff many times and failed. And the bigger the changes, the more likely there will be unforseen side effects, which I think will be the hallmark of rd 10. Im not against big changes, but i expect few things will work as planned.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 21:20   #10
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Maybe certain members of the community shouldnt have more information that others. Considering the nature of the game if some players are going to get very early details of whats going to be in rd 10, they really should provide them to everyone.
this has been said a lot of times and was ignored by pa crew ever since the first betas.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 21:21   #11
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

Regardless though. A lot of people seem to be forgetting that just because something the creators does is meant to adress a problem, doesnt mean it will. Remember they tried to stop alot of this stuff many times and failed. And the bigger the changes, the more likely there will be unforseen side effects, which I think will be the hallmark of rd 10. Im not against big changes, but i expect few things will work as planned.
You are forgetting, Spinner had his super groupm of advisory people from the community who know everything and can sort out the problems!! The very fact that these wera all a certain type of big alliance player tends to suggest to me that a lot of things could well have been overlooked.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:36   #12
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
It still brings on obvious questions.

If the scans have to be used by the planet that needs them, how can you mil scan (or its equivilent) incoming on your galaxy, without account sharing?

Well thought out plan clearly!
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:49   #13
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
attack the attacker?
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 01:23   #14
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
You are forgetting, Spinner had his super groupm of advisory people from the community who know everything and can sort out the problems!! The very fact that these wera all a certain type of big alliance player tends to suggest to me that a lot of things could well have been overlooked.
I dunno about that, from what I remember as a group they were quite thurough about making it very very difficult to cheat, as well as making it not only more profitable to go solo, but more desirable, I expect quite a chunk has changed, tho it was pretty impressive.

but tbh im a bit dissapointed they cut out the Alliance hypernode for attacks( i.e the alliance could set 1 target galaxy per hour and get a fast attack on that galaxy, as an example same speed as you'd get from very close to the galaxy i.e eta 7 or 8) this would have made it much more profitable for small alliances, as they could allow there members to hit more and faster, rather than having to spread out attacks over a lot of hours, which is especially needed with attacks not lasting 3 hours anymore, and with the extra fleet slots.

Disclaimer: not heard or payed much attention to new developments for quite a few months so some of it might have been included or excluded.

It was looking very impressive last i saw, if it isnt as good or better as it was looking back then, then I doubt i will play r11, im still hoping though.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 06:29   #15
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

If the scans have to be used by the planet that needs them, how can you mil scan (or its equivilent) incoming on your galaxy, without account sharing?

By allowing mil scans only to be done from galaxy status ?!
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 09:21   #16
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

you must be very lucky to end up in a gal you'd trust with your login
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 09:29   #17
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
you must be very lucky to end up in a gal you'd trust with your login
Get your galmates to contact your alliance then. If the alliance allows it that is ofc.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote