User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:23   #1
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
0n3 n33ds 4 n3w c0mp00ter g4m3

yeah i am bored and rather than going out and getting a life i thought it would be easier jsut to go to gameplay.com and buy one or two new computer games

GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?!

Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:24   #2
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Planetside
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:24   #3
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
Freelancer kept me fully occupied for about a week.

gets quite hard towards the end tho and the missions get a bit monotonous. Not a bad game overall.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:26   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Freelancer.

It's got a diverse set of ships, characteristics, and the number of things you can do are limitless!

Pity the missions are all the same.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:26   #5
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Enemy Territory.

If you're cheap then go for Desperados, Baldurs Gate II. If not then gta3 (and vice city) and planetside.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:26   #6
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Zharkov
gets quite hard
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:27   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
<3 Civilization 2 or Populous 3 are all you need <3

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:27   #8
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
(I was going to say Freelancer, but I finished it and haven't picked it up since - so it lasted about 12-15 hours)
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:28   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

gets quite hard towards the end tho and the missions get a bit monotonous. Not a bad game overall.
Freelancer++

The first game to include a Dyson Sphere!
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:28   #10
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
I might have just been **** at it

still, it's a good challenge!
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:30   #11
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

oh and I DO NOT PLAY multiplayer games with my 2 hours max connection on my 56k. thnx ta
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:32   #12
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
I might have just been **** at it
Happened for me too. For about 2 missions near the end, I just afterburned away and let my invincible friends do all the damage, then zoomed in and picked up the treasure.

Then you get the heavy mother of a ship and it suddenly seemed all a bit simple.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:38   #13
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
apparently enter the matris is quite good
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:55   #14
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
apparently enter the matris is quite good
i ordered it a few days ago and should get it tomorrow.

i'll give you all my quality review of it once it has been played!
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:05   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Is 'Enter the Matris' a Tetris mod for 'Enter the Matrix'?

And if not, why not?
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:11   #16
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Pyr0 said Enter the Matrix was ****.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:19   #17
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
buy Pacman and that Tom Clancy game that came out recently - forgotten it's name - fs
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:22   #18
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Is 'Enter the Matris' a Tetris mod for 'Enter the Matrix'?

And if not, why not?
mocking my keyboard gets you no man love
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:26   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Androme2
buy Pacman and that Tom Clancy game that came out recently - forgotten it's name - fs
It begins with RS, like Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:28   #20
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Splinter Cell?
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:29   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
It begins with RS, like Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear.
is it not Ghost Recon?
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:30   #22
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Rinter Sell
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:31   #23
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
Splinter Cell?
that's the one I'm talking about - my o my knowledgeable one
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:32   #24
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Raven Shield ain't it?
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:32   #25
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

I wasn't aware Splinter Cell was Tom Clancey, but it would appear you are correct.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:46   #26
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
CM4 .... no , scratch that , i cannot in all good conscience recommend a bug ridden game that hasnt solved even half its problems after FOUR patches.

CM 01/02 , Trade Empires , go browse the budget titles. A good game does not stop being good just because its a little older.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:48   #27
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
CM4 .... no , scratch that , i cannot in all good conscience recommend a bug ridden game that hasnt solved even half its problems after FOUR patches.
Hidden and Dangerous would be worth it. But then, after about 20 patches, it did finally get fixed.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 23:29   #28
Sturge
capture the b34r

Sturge is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Difficult near the end? what you on about? :P
Sturge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 23:51   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I died once, when I was afk, left it running, and ran into a planet.

But then I'm great.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 23:53   #30
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Quote:
Originally posted by Sturge
Difficult near the end? what you on about? :P
I was victimised by all the fighters :(

i plan to sue them!
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 00:28   #31
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Dont listen to these second generation gamers! Freelancer is the gay!
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 00:34   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
Dont listen to these second generation gamers! Freelancer is the gay!
Braben and Whatshisname ++
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 01:41   #33
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Braben and Whatshisname ++
Ian Bell

You should have seen the arguments on alt.fan.elite over who owns what copyrights and who's screwing who over about what, it's comical and Frontier Developments (Braben's company) pretty much has no credibility left now.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 01:48   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Freelancer is good as far as it goes (well, until the end of the storyline), but ArcElite is still the daddy.
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 01:56   #35
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Freelancer is good as far as it goes (well, until the end of the storyline), but ArcElite is still the daddy.
I had Elite on my Acorn Electron, the BBC Master version had more stuff though
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 01:58   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I played it on my A4000 and my BBC Master.

I WIN.

ps.

ArcElite is especially the daddy if you got their extras pack, with furry dice and a rear view sticker saying 'My Other Ship is a Thargoid'
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:06   #37
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
ArcElite is especially the daddy if you got their extras pack, with furry dice and a rear view sticker saying 'My Other Ship is a Thargoid'
lol

I remember those days, Elite...Citadel...anyone else remember Citadel?
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:07   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Yep.

How about...

Chuckie Egg.
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:08   #39
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
lol

I remember those days, Elite...Citadel...anyone else remember Citadel?

yup, never played it much though somehow.
I think I had it on ZX Spectrum, not sure though.
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:11   #40
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Yep.

How about...

Chuckie Egg.
Chuckie egg \o/

In fact Chuckie egg deserves a

As does Boulderdash.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:12   #41
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I am more the Jetsetwilly/pyamarama/Jetpac type
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:14   #42
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
I am more the Jetsetwilly/pyamarama/Jetpac type
Pyjamarama was funny There was a whole series of them wasn't there?

Oh, and what about the most frustratingly addictive game ever, Thrust
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:15   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Clogger, now there's an obscure one.
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:16   #44
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Pyjamarama was funny There was a whole series of them wasn't there?

yup

Automania
Pyamarama
Everyone's a wally

the three that i know of, developed by Micro-gen
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:22   #45
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Clogger, now there's an obscure one.
Yup. Wtf was Clogger?
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:24   #46
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I recall a kinda Jumpman clone

could be completely wrong though
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:24   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Yup. Wtf was Clogger?
BBC series of games where you controlled something that basically was a lawnmower pushed by a single wheel, with a boot at the end of each spoke. You had to assemble pictures by pushing the blocks into the central area.
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:26   #48
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
BBC series of games where you controlled something that basically was a lawnmower pushed by a single wheel, with a boot at the end of each spoke. You had to assemble pictures by pushing the blocks into the central area.
Yup, sounds obscure to me

How about the Repton series? Getting all frustrated with a level and guessing reptile names to get to a different level
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:52   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Well, depending on the version.

You wouldn't get very far in Repton 3 with that method; especially not, say the Life of Repton or Repton Through Time.
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 05:41   #50
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Rick Dangerous. The Amiga varsion had a nifty feature where you could play the game in Black and White and make it seem like you were in the 50s.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote