User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 1 Jan 2011, 17:59   #1
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past
R40 Shipstats?

Hate to do it... but we're 6 days away from sign ups... and usually we have an inkling of an idea whats going on before that. The stress on inkling...

So... Appoco? You making the stats? Using an old round? Somebody else doing them?
Unread 1 Jan 2011, 22:20   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R40 Shipstats?

High expectations are dangerous.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2011, 23:05   #3
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Why not have JBG make the stats for R40. Go back to a 2 pod class MT set. I've liked most of those sets, but then again i dont think JBG will want make stats again.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2011, 14:19   #4
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

[12:15] <@Appocomaster> Tia: I'll be writing them on the way to Newcastle tomorrow, I think

^^ doubt it will happen tho
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2011, 21:12   #5
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Hey at least its a start. He's thinking about them
Unread 2 Jan 2011, 21:27   #6
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

i have faith that he will do them.. PA has never let us down before...
Unread 3 Jan 2011, 10:12   #7
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Limited multi targetting please (not every ship has to have a t2)
Unread 3 Jan 2011, 10:17   #8
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Yeh but the ones taht dont will be weaker than the ones that do so tbh making them all t2 is most likely gonna give a fairer stat set
Unread 3 Jan 2011, 12:02   #9
Jewid
Saute Chef

Jewid is an unknown quantity at this point

All we can hope is that they dont suck like last rounds
Jewid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2011, 17:39   #10
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Let just have some faith in appoco and his stat making ability. We can all comment when there final instead of bemoaning beforehand
Unread 3 Jan 2011, 19:38   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

From what I heard (I didn't play), the winter round stats were pretty good, actually.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2011, 22:29   #12
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
From what I heard (I didn't play), the winter round stats were pretty good, actually.
Yea they were pretty fun... the first week and a half was a blast.
Unread 3 Jan 2011, 23:58   #13
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

true dat
Unread 4 Jan 2011, 00:51   #14
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

The stats were fine, just some of the players and their actions were shit.
Unread 4 Jan 2011, 08:41   #15
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

True, but I believe the 3 ticks ingal def made attacks more difficult and forced the less talented players to join forces, thus kiling the mini round as it was intended.
If you block the capacity to steal roids you block the game.
It should be made easier and roid loss less dramatic, score would go to people who keep attacking instead of going to those who get the best defense (making def whoring less of a necessity).
Unread 5 Jan 2011, 18:43   #16
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
True, but I believe the 3 ticks ingal def made attacks more difficult and forced the less talented players to join forces, thus kiling the mini round as it was intended.
If you block the capacity to steal roids you block the game.
It should be made easier and roid loss less dramatic, score would go to people who keep attacking instead of going to those who get the best defense (making def whoring less of a necessity).
not really, its just what happends when you ban alliances ingame. People go into the round, think theres no alliances as they arnt ingame but in reality, alliances are still around and have been formed.

The elviz BG was done preround and was nothing to do with 3 ticks ingal def. It was done due to it being the optimum strategy to win.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2011, 20:43   #17
Tiamat101

3 ticks ingal and -2 eta to cluster def WTF!!m
it means that you can only put on 3 waves on the gal otherwise the same def fleets get used again.

Also being able to send "ally" def of fr/de on fi/co incs and cr/bs def on fr/de incs made it pointless. i dont see why you couldnt just leave the eta's the same. 8/9/10 and ingal is 5.

The problem isnt that people think there is no ally's its that people made alliances. When the mini-round was made to be "gal Wars"
Unread 5 Jan 2011, 22:06   #18
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
3 ticks ingal and -2 eta to cluster def WTF!!m
it means that you can only put on 3 waves on the gal otherwise the same def fleets get used again.

Also being able to send "ally" def of fr/de on fi/co incs and cr/bs def on fr/de incs made it pointless. i dont see why you couldnt just leave the eta's the same. 8/9/10 and ingal is 5.

The problem isnt that people think there is no ally's its that people made alliances. When the mini-round was made to be "gal Wars"
it's only humane nature to group together
Unread 6 Jan 2011, 07:20   #19
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
The elviz BG was done preround
Elviz knows he stands no chance on 1 on 1. He's got to use his network.
Unread 6 Jan 2011, 09:26   #20
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=701781693137

for the love of god.... no
Unread 6 Jan 2011, 13:49   #21
Makhil

can't comment until i see the changes.
r27 rankings show plenty of different races, coords and alliances, so it looks like the balance was ok.
Unread 7 Jan 2011, 05:02   #22
Abort
Dumb Yankee

lets hope there are many changes to come.

for starters... get rid of the avenger.... dumb ship.... give etd a FI/CO class ship...
Unread 7 Jan 2011, 23:05   #23
Nico

Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough

paisly i watched your link they sure changed it xD it looks to me that Xandathrii and Cathaar are now underpowered by Etd.. but before these changes i decided to take Cathaar and ill just take it and see what happens..
Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2011, 10:22   #24
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

So any changes coming up? Personally I see no need in change on these ones, all races have their pros and cons and each have good possibilities for teamups.
Unread 9 Jan 2011, 11:04   #25
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

agreed, i think appoco said a few minor adjustments and that was all. Plus there is no need for beta
Unread 9 Jan 2011, 13:32   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The most important thing about the ship stats this round is this:

Quote:
-Attacking ship salvage for defending ships has been reduced from 20% to 10%
Hey kids, who realised this actually makes zik stronger?
Unread 9 Jan 2011, 13:44   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abort View Post
lets hope there are many changes to come.

for starters... get rid of the avenger.... dumb ship.... give etd a FI/CO class ship...
The fact that we've actually had a round played out with exactly these stats, that I had to deal with people saying the exact same things prior to that round, that I was proven to be correct in that the avenger is a useful ship and etd don't need an fi/co ship and yet imbeciles like you still feel entitled to come on here spewing your idiocy like it deserves to be taken seriously makes me smile.
Unread 9 Jan 2011, 16:04   #28
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
The fact that we've actually had a round played out with exactly these stats, that I had to deal with people saying the exact same things prior to that round, that I was proven to be correct in that the avenger is a useful ship and etd don't need an fi/co ship and yet imbeciles like you still feel entitled to come on here spewing your idiocy like it deserves to be taken seriously makes me smile.
I didn't play the round. Relax buddy, you'll still get play time after lunch.
Unread 9 Jan 2011, 18:18   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abort View Post
I didn't play the round. Relax buddy, you'll still get play time after lunch.
Well, that pretty much sums things up doesn't it.
Unread 9 Jan 2011, 21:22   #30
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Quote:
Well, that pretty much sums things up doesn't it.
Sums what up exactly? Your prepubescent hissy fit/temper tantrum over nothing? For once... move along jbg...

On topic, let's finally open up beta and have a little fun. I'd say these stats are just about final...
Unread 9 Jan 2011, 21:32   #31
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Wouldn't mess around with stats much, jbg made pretty balanced stats that round. pick a strategy, find good team ups and you'll do well with any race.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2011, 12:36   #32
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

sorry heimdall, TIA fcked them, another crap round coming up
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2011, 18:27   #33
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice
Talking Re: R40 Shipstats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
sorry heimdall, TIA fcked them, another crap round coming up
no surprise there haha
Unread 10 Jan 2011, 22:00   #34
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

After looking at the stats....

Utter fking shite... play terran at your own peril

Edit - Could the statmaker (?) please entertain us and explain their thinking of the roiding mechanism for each fleet

Last edited by Paisley; 10 Jan 2011 at 22:08.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 00:25   #35
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
After looking at the stats....

Utter fking shite... play terran at your own peril

Edit - Could the statmaker (?) please entertain us and explain their thinking of the roiding mechanism for each fleet
go at it JBG, i know you want to

Finally retired
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 01:28   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

Was it really that hard to read more than two posts up? I mean at least abort has the excuse that he had to read a whole different thread...
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 09:14   #37
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Was it really that hard to read more than two posts up? I mean at least abort has the excuse that he had to read a whole different thread...
If you did the stats for r40 you really want to get the finger out
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 14:18   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

****ing seriously. Can nobody actually read the ****ing thread and figure out that I have nothing to do with this round's stats?
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 16:22   #39
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Calm down. If you feel like you need to talk about what deep down inside is really causing all this anger feel free to pm me on irc.

I am licenced to PR
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 18:12   #40
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I saw ziks can do value attacks on xans.

The Wishmaster approves of this set of stats

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 20:51   #41
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Aye really nice stats JGB, you could've made them slightly better but still good!
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 21:12   #42
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Please keep this thread on topic or I will close it. If you wish to insult each other please do it elsewhere, thanks.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 22:44   #43
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

JBG did the R27 stats which turned out to be very balanced, R40 stats were based on R27 until they were mutilated and destroyed.... RIP R27
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 09:01   #44
Makhil

I agree I fail to see the interest in picking a set of balanced stats and changing them...
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 20:07   #45
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

due to the awful stat changing session that happened i now offically named Tia as the killer of round 40.

WHY FIX WHAT ISNT BROKEN!!!!

Supposedly Appoco didnt wanna use rd 27 stats, if thats the case then why use them a a template and get our hopes up of a good round of pa for once!!!!
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 20:10   #46
[DDK]gm

for once i agree with kaiba, stats are so unbalanced and difficult to work with its unreal.

defense focused rounds are always crap and this will be worse than most.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 23:19   #47
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Why listen to Tia anyways??? Sigh.
Unread 13 Jan 2011, 00:50   #48
Tiamat101

I dont know if you all noticed or not, but these stats there is no dominant race no dominant team up or otherwise best thing. There are things that beat others but they all have a weakness and a strenth(s). So before you all bash and complain "oh we cant have ANOTHER co round" look at the stats and you tell me if there is a best anything. If you cant find one then the stats are BALANCED!! Which i believe should be what happens every round.
Unread 13 Jan 2011, 02:16   #49
[DDK]gm

Terran 130(23%)
Cathaar 115(20%)
Xandathrii 125(22%)
Zikonian 141(25%)
Eitraides 53(9%)

yes balanced!!! poor etd!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 13 Jan 2011, 03:13   #50
HeimdallR

hmmm I made up my mind, going etd

Finally retired