User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Feb 2015, 19:12   #1
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
dr strangelove at the secret neoliberal headquarters

"but is it really possible for a central bank to exist and at the same time refuse to act as the lender of last resort", president novusordo asked

"but precisely, mr president, it is not only possible, it is essential. that the whole is the whole idea of this union. deterrence is the art of producing in the member states the fear to mindlessly overspend the public budget and force the payments to other members. and so because of the automated and irrevocably decision-making process which rules out human meddling, the maastricht supplement is terrifying, simple to understand, and completely credible and convincing", said doctor neoliberalismus.

president novusordo then replied "but this is fantastic, doctor neoliberalismus. how can it be refuse to lend the last resort".

"sir, it is remarkably simple to do that. when you wish to give an independent central bank a rule not to meddle with deficit overloaders, you simply make a contract. after that, you decline any given political party the power to manipulate this contract a specific and closely defined set of circumstances under which the bank operates is then decided upon to the bank's mandate.", doctor neoliberalismus said, and turned to tennis farouvakis. "there's only one thing i don't understand, mister minister. the whole point of the contract is to abide by it. why didn't you"

tennis farouvakis turned away. he said assertively "well we just wanted to have a bit more of a festival, we were supposed to get back to the usual business tomorrow"
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2015, 06:09   #2
Ghosteh
Pariah

Ghosteh is a jewel in the roughGhosteh is a jewel in the roughGhosteh is a jewel in the rough
Re: dr strangelove at the secret neoliberal headquarters

I don't know what the heck's going on here, but I'm willing to bet that Tennis Farouvakis is one stylish individual.
Ghosteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2015, 12:11   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: dr strangelove at the secret neoliberal headquarters

the real life character that inspirred him reminds me of eric cantona
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote