User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 4 Oct 2010, 18:55   #51
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alliance Points Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
having smaller tags might also courage to a way of playing without huge blocks
'huge blocks', they tend to be 1-2 big alliances with the smaller alliances joining in.

Blocks tend to form when one alliance has more quality than the other alliances and starts to pull away (or in some cases, they're deemed good enough that they arnt allowed to get strong). How exactly is blocking up to beat the better alliance through numbers as you cant beat them through skill a bad thing? If we didnt have blocks, the round would be over in 2 weeks.

The only time blocks are bad, is when ND is on the winning side. As they wont break the block to try and go for #1 when theyre #2, so it stagnates. However, even then.. the round has been prolongued due to blocking as there was an actual war.

As far as blocks go, its nothing to do with ingame mechanics, its just alliances and the only time they're bad is when they're extremly uneven but thats a player thing not a game thing.

Reducing the tag limit, actually makes blocks much stronger as they can massively overpower a smaller tag and it becomes much easier to launch a co-ordinated attack on 40 planets than on 100.

The other thing which isnt being talked about, is how the hell can a 40man tag hit a big galaxy mid-late round? Its already extremly hard for a 80man alliance to successfully hit a top galaxy alone at the middle-end of the round, with 40man it becomes impossible. So no, lowering the tag limit will not reduce blocking, it will make it mandatory. It will also encourage fence galaxys which isnt exactly a good thing, as that stagnates politics more than blocks (as blocks can change).
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 19:53   #52
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
im not saying this couldnt happen, but being in a block also kinda determines ure round outcome.. u choose wrong side and ure gonna lose, having more diverse universe however gives alliances more choices what and when to do

also having smaller tags, might also mean that dlr/ct/vgn and other a bit smaller tags do not need to block with 2-3 big alliances to take down #1 tag nemore that has twice their members atm(im refering to the big tag rounds atm).. having their enemies as big as themselves memberswise might courage em to go against em with less naps as they now are on same level kinda.. at least defence wise

if this happens between 2 80 member tags this point then yea thats a roidrace and nothing much comes from that.. having more diverse universe competent tagwise might create something else from this tho, as different alliances have different goals and things on their mind
I somehow do not feel more enlightened as to why exactly you think smaller tags will make blocking more unlikely. Blocks form for two reasons. Bashing people we don't like and knocking the #1 alliance off the top spots, for emotional reasons and rational reasons if you will. They're made more and less likely by how necessary they are in the second case, the first case will always be independent of anything other than personal interactions. Just because I have more alliances to potentially block with does not make it less likely that I'll block.

Also I have no idea why or how ct and vgn will take on the #1 alliance just because they're now even with them on members (it's worth noting at this point that CT finished the round with more members than anyone else, VGN were pretty much the same size as apprime for most of the round and DLR have recently made a conscious decision not to play with the #1 tag or anything like that in mind).

The idea that somehow talent will be redistributed by smaller tags is fundamentally flawed. I really cannot emphasis this enough. It has nothing to do with tag sizes. Honestly. I'm not lying here okay...
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 23:51   #53
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past

ND has switched blocked to go for the win 2 out of the past 3 rounds. We don't do it one round... a summer round where no one gives a crap about winning... and suddenly we're to blame for all stagnant rounds in which our block is winning... odd... ND = PA's easiest scapegoat?
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 01:57   #54
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

yes
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 02:09   #55
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

You're fairly easy to beat too.
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 07:48   #56
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
And a 15% cumulative penalty in the same fashion for each alliance who plays politics unfairly.
unfortunately everythings fair in love, war and politics.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 16:08   #57
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
how about deducting 10% of the points every time you nap another alliance
Quote:
And a 15% cumulative penalty in the same fashion for each alliance who plays politics unfairly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
unfortunately everythings fair in love, war and politics.

Honestly I'm baffled.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 18:02   #58
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Honestly I'm baffled.
We should introduce a 15% tag score penalty for alliances which start with the letter E as well imho
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 18:51   #59
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
We should introduce a 15% tag score penalty for alliances which start with the letter E as well imho
I knew Osiris should of been named Elusive
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 19:59   #60
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Everything is fair in love, war, and politics.
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 18:39   #61
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Now, I know I am only formerly influencial, and never really had a clue about the game or alliances, but I dont see much point in another alliance-ranking like this. The winner of the game is the #1 planet, galaxy or alliance, right? Then why does one need one more list to say which alliance is best?
Imho you would be better off with 4 new rankings actually. One for each of these new point-categories, not 1 for all of them. Then at least you have 4 new rankings that each show something about how the alliance has worked without pretending there is a "second" winning alliance...

Just my 2 cents...
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 19:27   #62
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Spinner, nice of you to pop back 450 years in time to share your wisdom of the future, but shouldnt you be working on ways to allow us to compete in your time rather than trying to improve things in the past?
Unread 7 Oct 2010, 07:15   #63
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Then why does one need one more list to say which alliance is best?
Because losing makes people unhappy. They don't like it. Whatever they say, they'd rather not be last. Because how this "alliance points" system is calculated, it is probably extremely difficult for the winner alliance on score to also win in "alliance points" if competition anything to be mentioned. This way, even the losers can feel like winners and everyone's happy.
Unread 7 Oct 2010, 08:29   #64
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Still makes little sense to me
Unread 13 Oct 2010, 23:18   #65
unimatrix

unimatrix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Still makes little sense to me
me neither , i dont see a use for it

xVx Morale HC R 90

We shall rise like a phoenix

ancient times :

vVv , Angel , Fury , Šragons , TUD, TGE, eclipse , 4D , chaoz , ACID , Vision , Osiris , Newdawn , xVx , CT

unimatrix is offline   Reply With Quote