User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 27 May 2007, 16:04   #1
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Margaret Hodge

I don't follow Labour's internal-politics; I prefer futurama. However there's a lot of noise coming from within Labour and further afield about Margaret Hodge's proposed housing policy. Basically, house those who've grown up in the United Kingdom before immigrants.

The BNP have lauded this proposal as it fits in perfectly with their Britain's full, go home statement (the cited article below claims whether this policy is followed through or not, this is a win-win situation for the BNP). Fellow Labour MPs, however, are less than enthusiastic: 'My own view is that if we have allowed people to be here because they are afraid of persecution or if we need them to work here, then they and their children must be treated equally.' (Harriot Harmen) Also, ninety-eight lawyers and barristers have asked her for her resignation. Both claims are from the observer. The Liberal Democrates blame Labour for selling off council houses.

I realise this is practically a sequel thread, but hey I'm interested. I have no idea about the availability of council houses or who gets them. Dante, didn't you study housing policy? If we do take the postulate that Britain's full, who do we piss off more: uk-born citizens who are struggling to find a home (which hodge previously claimed would be second-generation immigrants) or immigrants?
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote