User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 20 Nov 2008, 20:45   #1
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough
Covert Operations Society, Recruiting for R30

COPS: The Planetarion Covert Operations Society Recruiting for R30.

Mission Statement: We aim to be a first class covert operations alliance, with an excellent core member base in which we can aid one another to carefully coordinate covert operation attacks.

The Covert Operations Society works just like any other alliance/BG within planetarion.

We offer:
multiple attacks everyday
Dedicated Scanning service
Community with a good sense of humor and very laid back
Intel made available to all members
Defence system
Training (if Required)
And much more...

Requirements:
A planet
IRC Access

So if u are a covert oper and you want to belong to a community where ur Covert oping skills can be used to their full potential then JOIN US NOW!

Scanners should also feel free to apply

On Information how to join: irc.netgamers.org /join #thelocal and speak with any officer.

Last edited by hairypalms; 23 Nov 2008 at 17:33.
hairypalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2008, 21:12   #2
mPulse
p3nguins Master Chief

mPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Covert Operations Society, Recruiting for R30

sounds like a cool idea, and looking at some of the top cov-opr's out there at the min with massive xp but tiny values....pretty hard for any reasonably sized planet to attack them!

definately gonna be loitering around in that channel to see the action, and might even be a peon for ye in r30! (if u'll have me ofc hairy ;p)

http://www.netgamers.org
irc.netgamers.org

Feel free to drop into #netgamers for a chat!
If you have any P related questions just join #cservice

For Planetarion related questions and general game help, please join #Support

NetGamers - Our support staff are fkn awesome.
mPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2008, 22:17   #3
mPulse
p3nguins Master Chief

mPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of light

You might want to check the EULA and make sure an alliance of cov-oper's isn't breaking any rules btw. And go speak to #Multihunters too, just to be on the safe side. I'm sure ya don't want any of the hassle that #scans has been having

http://www.netgamers.org
irc.netgamers.org

Feel free to drop into #netgamers for a chat!
If you have any P related questions just join #cservice

For Planetarion related questions and general game help, please join #Support

NetGamers - Our support staff are fkn awesome.
mPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2008, 23:00   #4
williams

williams is an unknown quantity at this point

New Idear

Good one do! Good Luck!

Greetz
Williams
williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2008, 23:40   #5
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPulse View Post
You might want to check the EULA and make sure an alliance of cov-oper's isn't breaking any rules btw. And go speak to #Multihunters too, just to be on the safe side. I'm sure ya don't want any of the hassle that #scans has been having

nah ive checked everything with #MH all is good
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 00:43   #6
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

covoping is a flawed and shit part of pa.
letting people who dont play for real be an annoying part for people who do play for real, and then letting the real players have no mean to "get back" at them is just shit.

if u like to covop, go play something else. this isnt what pa is about. pa is about being uberelite with no life and staying up at nights!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 00:52   #7
hairypalms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
letting people who dont play for real be an annoying part for people who do play for real, and then letting the real players have no mean to "get back" at them is just shit.

if u like to covop, go play something else. this isnt what pa is about. pa is about being uberelite with no life and staying up at nights!
never the less cov oping is part of PA and many do like it, if you do not thats ur own personal view and this thread is not for you to bitch (thats the suggestions part), thnx. and as for cov oping being flawed and not a real form of playing i suggest you take a look at 9:1:1 prehaps that will change ur opinion.
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 01:17   #8
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

sadly, it didnt.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 02:30   #9
big-al

big-al is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Covert Operations Society, Recruiting for R30

Lmao, well said Hairy, some people just like the sound of their own voice and have to be critical about everything and nothing.
Take a day off Wishmaster
big-al is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 02:43   #10
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

have fun being bored shitless come t5-600!

trust me i've tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 04:33   #11
Kenny

Also, announcing it was retarded. If people KNOW there'll be a bigger, organised presence of a covopping 'community', then it'll make your job as covert oppers a lot harder.

It's not a new idea, I was going to create a branch of Denial doing just this for R27 with Jinstarro and KoKs. We took it one step further though and we were going to organise gals to 'carry' one member on constant xp runs, with donations and constant scan/covop for xp.

The theory was, the game allows for 75m resources to be donated every 300 ticks. So in theory, that was 225m for 900 ticks or 300m for 1200 ticks... the actual amount donated being dependant on how many ticks there were in a round. Either way you're looking at 2.5m in value, approx. Then if you build 10 factories of one type/1 of another... 109 finance centers and 30 security centers, you can generate 48625000 of each resource (486k value each, 1.45m value overall) just based on 300 roids (100 of each). Then with a not unrealistic target of 40k xp for the round, that's another 2.4m in score.

That's 6.5m~ in score, based on 300 roids.

Ascendancy finished last round (r28) with a 6.8m average score, 2nd place finished with an average of 3.5m. In theory, Asc only needed 32 members at their average score to win.

If you could get 30 members all playing in the way I described above - in theory, they could win.

But you try running such an alliance under the radar and see how long it stays that way.

Oh wait, you've announced it anyway. Oh well, there goes your one chance of a chance at winning.
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 05:41   #12
Wishmaster
LDK

Ye kenny, I spose everything has to be abused once properly in PA before it gets removed / sorted.
So maybe I should just sit it out till its removed, and come back then

Quote:
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 05:56   #13
Kenny

I didn't even touch on bank hacks either :P
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 07:09   #14
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

Covert ops be damned

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 14:00   #15
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

if i decide not to try to play properly next round then im prolly gonna cov op as well so in that case i will most definately pm u hairy :P

also wtf talking that cov ops is not pa ?? wishmaster login and check it out.. its there just under waves page and above production page.. so b ready next round..
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 19:00   #16
Paril-Se7en
6th Master

Paril-Se7en is an unknown quantity at this point

There are multiple ways to Play PA.

Covert OP is just a valid way of playing as a scanner or regular ship builder. The only difference is it is seen less often so seems weird.

I don't mind covert ops because I always keep myself at immunce. Keep security centers high and use population to get there. With minimal security guards, youc an attract a lot of covert oppers who fail as they don't take into account your government or population settings.
It's not hard to get immune and if you can't be bothered to then it's your problem. I enjoy seeing people fail on me and you would too if you had the immunity.

I lvoe seeing that You have killed agents thing. I think we should get resources for it like salvage or maybe convert them to ourside instead of killing them. In general more of a bonus for those who stop them.

Last edited by Paril-Se7en; 21 Nov 2008 at 19:15.
Paril-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 20:30   #17
Wishmaster
LDK

there are more ways, yes.

There should only be one: play for value.

Its mainly the new players who dont know what pa is all about who likes covops for some reason, and because of it, they never learn how to do well at pa.
its easy enough to be immune, but it shouldnt be necessary. Also it can fk a roundstart for someone if someone decides to cov op someone from the start.

its all about the fact that u cant get back at them even if u know who it is. There should be an opposite bash limidt for covops. so that nubs cant annoy proper players, but annoy eachother instead.

Quote:
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 20:40   #18
hairypalms

i wasnt gunna get into a bitch fight with u wishmaster but it seems ur only goal here is to deface any attempt someone makes that u do not personaly aprove of, once again this thread is not for u to bitch please stop, and Kenny if the alliance wasnt annouced how the hell would we recruit? i know lets not tell anyone and just hope people turn up at round start O_O i dont think so do u? too me it just seems like wishmaster is scared,

please note: this is a recruitment thread not a moaning thread thnx.

Last edited by hairypalms; 21 Nov 2008 at 23:10.
hairypalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 22:01   #19
Kenny

I wasn't moaning, I was giving an example on how your premise had already been given some serious thought, and went in to a bit of detail about the thought process behind it.

And hairypalms I wish you all the luck in the world - I really do - but you should know enough people to speak to privately to make something like this work. Just my thoughts - take it as constructive criticism, not moaning/complaining.
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 07:19   #20
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paril-Se7en View Post
I lvoe seeing that You have killed agents thing. I think we should get resources for it like salvage or maybe convert them to ourside instead of killing them. In general more of a bonus for those who stop them.

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 09:22   #21
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

heh i lol'd, Good Luck guys seems you're upsetting the oldfags.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores

Last edited by vuLgAr; 22 Nov 2008 at 09:44.
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 18:39   #22
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Arte you guys going to form political connections and cov-op for/with anyone in particular?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 00:11   #23
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Good luck COPS!

(However I will steal big-al from you. Sorry in advance )
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 02:24   #24
Koks

Koks will become famous soon enoughKoks will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post

It's not a new idea, I was going to create a branch of Denial doing just this for R27 with Jinstarro and KoKs. We took it one step further though and we were going to organise gals to 'carry' one member on constant xp runs, with donations and constant scan/covop for xp.

The theory was, the game allows for 75m resources to be donated every 300 ticks. So in theory, that was 225m for 900 ticks or 300m for 1200 ticks... the actual amount donated being dependant on how many ticks there were in a round. Either way you're looking at 2.5m in value, approx. Then if you build 10 factories of one type/1 of another... 109 finance centers and 30 security centers, you can generate 48625000 of each resource (486k value each, 1.45m value overall) just based on 300 roids (100 of each). Then with a not unrealistic target of 40k xp for the round, that's another 2.4m in score.

That's 6.5m~ in score, based on 300 roids.
Well Kenny has a point but tbh there are lots of variations on how to play it. I think back then we summarised the best method of doing it, but the concept of something productive coming out of it wouldn't be viable. The more active covert oppers the more people get security; The more covert oppers you have the less likely you can be successful, and the whole thing turns into a vicious cycle. However that's just some of the theory behind it.
GL with your plans Hairypalms, just ask if you need any tactical stuff.
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 03:58   #25
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koks View Post
the concept of something productive coming out of it wouldn't be viable.
Hence why it was never attempted. That, and I emoquit and you got closed for cheating.
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 05:11   #26
Wishmaster
LDK

JC stop being a fking cnt and remove my posts.

if u do, remove the posts I replied to.

thank you!

Quote:
Unread 24 Nov 2008, 12:38   #27
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post

QFT!

anyway, good luck cops, if i play i'll be immune anyway so have fun!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2008, 09:50   #28
AkMaster
tagged |away till the end

AkMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koks View Post
The more active covert oppers the more people get security; The more covert oppers you have the less likely you can be successful
That's a bit what I'm afraid of aswell. Nowadays a lot more covoppers around than when they introduced it. The playerbase is not that large anymore either, so their are more fishermen fishing in a sea with less fish in it. With the introduction of security guards the players have gotten it even easier (way to easy imo) to protect themselves against covert ops. If you have eg 30 covert oppers all teaming and coordinating operations, the uni will soon run of good targets i'm afraid.
AkMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2008, 15:42   #29
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Gl
:d

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2008, 18:14   #30
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams View Post
New Idear

Good one do! Good Luck!

Greetz
Williams
It might be me rembering badly, but didn't Transcendancy do this the round they were tagged?

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 16:35   #31
hairypalms

Quick update; due to not enough interest COPS will not be playing as a tag, however we will still be playing (not saying where ATM) and we are still recruiting #thelocal or just pm hairypalms on irc.netgamers.org