User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 5 Aug 2007, 10:32   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
R23: Cluster ETAs

I'm very much considering removing them, but I'd like feedback on the topic.

I've been told that cluster alliances generally don't happen (apart from the standard cluster-wide NAP at the beginning of the round that falls apart). Top galaxies use this to use the other galaxies as farms and the other galaxies feel unable to respond*, and this isn't offset by the ETA gains.

Therefore, it either restricts you from 5% of the universe (9 galaxies or so) or causes you to be farmed. It also complicates any sort of defence rules about out of galaxy defence, and contributes to support planets.

I'd like to hear if this is a general feeling or if a minority has spoken out, thanks

*Bashar would be the first to point out that the other galaxies could and should get together and retal back, using the cluster ETA to their advantage
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 10:58   #2
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R23: Cluster ETAs

I think the problem with clusters today is that they do not mix with alliance politics due to the random galaxy fill up. It is a problem to combine this randomness with alliance wars (as we see in galaxies with planets from both sides of a war in it). There are chances alliances end up with members on both sides of a cluster "war"/fight, or that galaxies are completely torn apart by not being able to combine their alliances political relations with the cluster setup (ingal "spies" who are related to players on the other side of the C-war). To avoid this, ppl in general go for the safe option of a full cluster nap, as organizing anything in cluster is quite tricky due to alliance politics coming first for most players.

Using the support planet argument against cluster eta is quite sad tbh (and again shows why it should be removed). Just because it adds another gray area to an already vague rule, doesn't mean it should be removed completely. I think it is nice to have as an extra source of defence (eventhough not that many players offer their fleets to defend), but attack wise the cluster doesn't really add that much apart from creating farms from unliky galaxies or nap breakers. Cluster wars "worked" with private galaxies, but in the current setup its generally not easy to arrange (without doing alot of work which no one wants to do).

[edit]
*Sigh*, that said i don't think clusters need to be removed totally (its nice to allow some other form of coorperation / source of defence than just alliances), but the attack option might do more harm than good as its usually the already bad/shitty gals that end up on the wrong side of it.
[/edit]

Last edited by Wandows; 5 Aug 2007 at 11:22.
Wandows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 11:08   #3
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Remove em.
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 11:31   #4
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Remove them.
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 11:47   #5
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Bring back ingal attacks

The number of times I've wanted to rape my galmates this round is just off the scale. Why should I have to suffer because of an arbitrary ingame limitation?
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 12:13   #6
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

They are useless with the current playerbase and the galsetups.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 12:16   #7
Awake
Asleep.

Awake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Bring back ingal attacks

The number of times I've wanted to rape my galmates this round is just off the scale. Why should I have to suffer because of an arbitrary ingame limitation?
Signed.

Also - forgive the noob question, I haven't played for a long time properly - but do cluster alliances not form a fundamental part of the universe structure? What ever happened to cluster wars?

Plastic Brilliance
Awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 12:19   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As Appoco said, they don't happen any more. People are either afraid of getting owned, or they don't have enough fleets available because their gal or alliance needs them, or they simply don't care.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 12:28   #9
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The reason Cluster eta's were abolished in the first place was simply because they encouraged cluster block farming of the rubbish gals about halfway through the round.

They are arbitrary, add nothing to the game, either socially or strategically, and further incentivise bashing. As such, they should be abolished (again).
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 12:42   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

i fully support last speaker.

I spoke quite clearly and adament against it when it was reintroduced as something useless and not really adding anything but horror to the game.

I hope that the pa team have learned and removes this stupidity quickly.
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 12:45   #11
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Remove em.
for once i agree with him :P
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 12:53   #12
Awake
Asleep.

Awake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura about

Ah right having read your reasons I agree it's probably a better idea to remove them.

Thanks for clearing it up for me :-)

Plastic Brilliance
Awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 13:25   #13
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

remove the cluster eta bonus AND bring back ingal attacks. the more targets the better
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 13:29   #14
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

Maybe not very common, but my gal this round has a nice cluster ally, and I must say last 2 rounds equally. Defence *was* sent in cluster, and it was then just not a NAP.

Why not remove the cluster attack eta bonus, but keep the -2 bonus on cluster defence?

Farming is prevented, cluster alliances are favoured, and those who don't want it can just ignore it.

[Edit]
I'm not in favour of in-gal attacks. Even at universe ETA. I reckon I sometimes wished I could rape a gal mate, but that's just plain wrong...

Your galaxy is your last resort on defence, and it is basically your home place, even if alliance politics, wars, etc., *could* hinder the good working of a gal...

More targets maybe, but just like 10 more in 3000... Not significant Makhil.
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 13:44   #15
JDsocbas

JDsocbas is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree take away the attack bonus but i know for a fact that i have received in cluster defence and c2 was a very active cluster this round so leave the def bonus plz
JDsocbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 14:07   #16
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Why don't you totally change it for a round to see if some other setup might make the game more interesting?

I'd like to see all cluster defence for all ships at ETA 6 regardless of ship type (similar to galaxy ETA 5). Instead of just forming a NAP for the cluster players might increase the amount of effort put into cluster defence.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 15:46   #17
Benneton

Benneton will become famous soon enoughBenneton will become famous soon enough

How about giving it a chance, long ago they formed a big part of the game when used properly, given time people will learn to use them correctly again....

Throwing something like this in takes time for people to adapt to, dont just write it off as a failure because the game did not change over night...
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 16:09   #18
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
Why don't you totally change it for a round to see if some other setup might make the game more interesting?

I'd like to see all cluster defence for all ships at ETA 6 regardless of ship type (similar to galaxy ETA 5). Instead of just forming a NAP for the cluster players might increase the amount of effort put into cluster defence.

I can see the benefits, but the outcome of this will be alliances trying to cram clusters with member planets exiling untill they land in a "friendly" cluster.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 17:23   #19
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyVince
Why not remove the cluster attack eta bonus, but keep the -2 bonus on cluster defence?

Farming is prevented, cluster alliances are favoured, and those who don't want it can just ignore it.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 17:53   #20
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

I'd rather have no clusters and all Universe eta's reduced by 1. That could speed the game up a bit. More action, less waiting.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 18:23   #21
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

My gal attacked inside cluster early on. Then we allied with the same galaxy after a while, and have gotten to know a few new people this round, due to this cluster alliance.

Keep it as it is. This is one of the few aspects of the game where you can use some diplomatic skill and gain from it, the rest of the game is wank (specially stats).
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 18:29   #22
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

There was a cluster war at the start of the round in one of the higher numbered clusters. I heard a LOT of people had fun. NAPs are part of the meta-game, not hardcoded. If you don't like your cluster NAP, don't follow it. Or don't join the NAP as a galaxy. Or leave it if it isn't advantageous.

Don't remove cluster defence ETA bonuses. Leave c defence bonus, remove the c attack bonus, bring back the final ETA research. Then you've effectivly removed the need for cluster NAPs, while maintaining the possibility of cluster alliance/cooperation between galaxies that's profitable.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 20:33   #23
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

remove em
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 20:36   #24
Silver^Ace

Silver^Ace is an unknown quantity at this point

Bring back final eta research, and loose cluster attack bonus. Keep cluster def bonus, because it is a different way to build community in the game.
Silver^Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 22:41   #25
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

bring back parallels.
That was fun.
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 00:06   #26
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

wow, where to start...

im in cluster 10 this round, the first i have played since round 10, and i have to say, what a waste of time the cluster is, its been ridiculous, the amount of in cluster incoming at one point seriously nearly made my entire galaxy quit, as we were being treated as the cluster farm. some hard hard defending changed that, but still they come, and still they fake attack, nearly every night we sucessfully defend in cluster attacks, and annoyingly there is no penalty for the fact that they pull, time after time after time.

i would say remove cluster ETA's completely and reintroduce 25 person galaxies so that you have more defence available, that way you would still get a reasonable amount of people without the ridiculous farming that they try. the current setup means you have a lot of people who find it very hard to grow past a certain point, as every time they try their cluster knocks them back... it doesnt make for an enjoyable game, and thats how you lose people.

personally i would also say start using E for fuel again so that you cant send out 3 attacks a night and pull 3 attacks a night without any downside, but thats just me
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 00:21   #27
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
personally i would also say start using E for fuel again so that you cant send out 3 attacks a night and pull 3 attacks a night without any downside, but thats just me
You mean people actually paid attention to E when it existed as a fuel? :/ I always just inited a few E roids and before I knew it I had 36,000,000 E stockpiled to launch endlessly just as it is now
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 01:05   #28
KoLoTH
Texan

KoLoTH will become famous soon enoughKoLoTH will become famous soon enough

I adamantly think cluster ETAs should be taken away next round. And for obvious aforementioned reasons.

r3: Fury (Member)
r4: Fury (Member)
r5-21: University student
r22: Orbit (DC)
r23: Obrit (DC)

"LOL, @ our ugly inbred illegitimate french half-cousin Myth"...
KoLoTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 02:58   #29
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Maybe not very common, but my gal this round has a nice cluster ally, and I must say last 2 rounds equally. Defence *was* sent in cluster, and it was then just not a NAP.

Makhil.
i'm with this guy. this round, c19 has been pretty solid with nearly no attacks in cluster, and pretty reliable on defense. the last couple rounds though, in cluster attacks kept the galaxies i was in thriving. i'm all for keeping the defense bonus (makes big def ships more useful - tycs for instance) but getting rid of the attack bonuses, or even making in cluster attacks +1 to even more discourage it.
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 03:08   #30
bobthe

bobthe is infamous around these parts

Your eta to a planet should be the sum of the difference between each coordinate part!

Joking :P

Remove cluster attack bonus at least. Maybe change the cluster def bonus to only apply to allies.
bobthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 03:11   #31
Jaric
King of kings

Jaric is an unknown quantity at this point

Remove them. It's an alliance based game, and cluster times/naps are no more than annoying distractions.
Jaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 03:52   #32
ReDNuTTeR

ReDNuTTeR is on a distinguished road

I think both the cluster and alliance eta bonus' should be scrapped. It makes no sense an alliance mate can come from the other side of the universe in the same time as someone in my cluster. At least in cluster it could be argued they are nearer?! The trouble with in cluster is the farming. Even the floor for everyone (allied and non-allied) and make it fair for everyone.
ReDNuTTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 06:35   #33
Turbo
Smokin

Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point

As said earlier in many replies :-

Take away the in cluster attack eta bonus and leave the defence eta bonus

TURBO
Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 08:25   #34
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

Remove them or at least as others have said, removed the bonus to the cluster attack eta.
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 13:27   #35
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2
I'd rather have no clusters and all Universe eta's reduced by 1. That could speed the game up a bit. More action, less waiting.
Less sleep, more waking up to destroyed fleets and no roids, etc........

[Edit] Although I've just realised (having read a few more posts) that this would only take us back to where we were previously. Still, I think we should consider leaving universe travel times as they are now - it takes a bit of the pressure off active planets who are stuck in inactive galaxies).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105

Last edited by ArcChas; 6 Aug 2007 at 13:35.
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 13:59   #36
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Remove em, i like the idea of bringing back 25 planet gals with possibility to attack ingal

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 14:20   #37
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

The cluster ETA advantage has given me nothing but fun, even when it's been fun caused by low ETA incoming.

I agree with the statement earlier in this thread that the galaxy and cluster setup don't really take full advantage of the cluster ETA bonus.
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 14:55   #38
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

The cluster eta -1 MUST be retained.
The only thing making me even consider playing round 23 is the hope I will wind up in the same cluster as the ****ing ***holes that are in my current cluster, so that I can spend the round launching, recalling and generally making them wish they hadn't signed up.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 17:20   #39
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Cluster alliances nearly always fall apart. I had a bunch of jackasses in my original cluster (14, I think?) who refused to shed their fakenicks, which in turn made me reluctant to trust them.

If you want to make cluster alliances work, you have to give the playerbase (who, on the whole, are retarded) an INCENTIVE. The simplest incentive I can find is to give yet another rankings page for Cluster, alongside the Planet/Galaxy/Alliance setup we have at the moment.

Either that, or ditch it.
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 17:37   #40
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh, and while i remember, the whole option to launch a fake attack/defence is the single most anoying thing i have ever come across... if you want to be good you should have to work for it, this includes having to recall manually rather than sending out half arsed fake attacks
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 17:55   #41
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
Don't remove cluster defence ETA bonuses. Leave c defence bonus, remove the c attack bonus, bring back the final ETA research. Then you've effectivly removed the need for cluster NAPs, while maintaining the possibility of cluster alliance/cooperation between galaxies that's profitable.
-NitinA
Completly agree with this post.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 18:06   #42
teqh
@ Gamer

teqh has a spectacular aura aboutteqh has a spectacular aura aboutteqh has a spectacular aura about

basicly 11 hours to send a fleet in the universe is to long time.. it takes one complete day to do one attack with CR/BS ?

it`s bullocks

R2 [TE] [Legion] R4 [CELL] R5 [Elysium] R6 [Elysium] R7 [RaH]

R68: Faceless - Rank 6
R65: Norsemen - Rank 3
R60: Ultores - Rank 14
R58: Solo planet - Rank 35 (xp)
R56: Vikings - Rank 14
R54: Vikings - Rank 5
teqh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 19:45   #43
toivo

toivo is on a distinguished road

As said before, remove the attack bonus.
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 20:24   #44
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Cluster alliances nearly always fall apart. I had a bunch of jackasses in my original cluster (14, I think?) who refused to shed their fakenicks, which in turn made me reluctant to trust them.

If you want to make cluster alliances work, you have to give the playerbase (who, on the whole, are retarded) an INCENTIVE. The simplest incentive I can find is to give yet another rankings page for Cluster, alongside the Planet/Galaxy/Alliance setup we have at the moment.

Either that, or ditch it.
Oh god how nasty of people not to stop fakenicking! Send them to prison! ASAP!

Some of us managed to cooperate quite well (my gal and two others). Sadly the rest didnt know how to play the game.

And sorry for roiding you, TK.
I didnt know you would whine
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 12:15   #45
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. It only took 3 rounds for people to realize what a few old timers knew would happen.
I guess it's human nature to forget why some things like cluster etas were removed so long ago. If enough time passes you end up thinking, 'why not bring them back?'
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 13:05   #46
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Remove ships altogether. The winner of the round should be the person who inits the most roids.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 13:47   #47
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
And sorry for roiding you, TK.
I didnt know you would whine
I didn't care that much about being roided - I haven't been able to put much effort into this round. Still, checking out the cluster-channel for c14 (and the various arrangements in place) proved how pointlessly stupid the cluster NAPs etc are.

For instance, Seaton (fakenick, which he readily admitted to) never did reveal his true nickname because his alliance apparently had told him he'd be kicked out if he did so (that's Vengeance, by the way). He took all of our intel out (from every planet/gal who wanted to be in the nap) and our nicknames, and added us to the channel. He never did release this intel he'd gathered to the rest of us though, even after promising to do so. Now you might say that was deviously clever of him, but it was just annoying really and was one of the reasons I decided to break the NAP.

That's why cluster naps are inherently flawed. People aren't mature enough yet to trust each other and realise that most alliances don't bother with spies anymore.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 13:54   #48
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
(that's Vengeance, by the way)
I never fake nicked, nor got kicked because of that! (to be continued)
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 14:17   #49
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Oh dear Tomkat. "Seaton" is not very bright, and got his gal close to beeing roided. He is VGN HC, but I forgot his nick.

The real, working cluster nap in c14 is between a few gals, and "Seatons" galaxy isnt in it. Couse he is to shit to realise the potential of such a cluster alliance. He probably doesnt even know how do proper old skool cluster politics.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 15:43   #50
Coltaine
7th Malazan Army

Coltaine has a spectacular aura aboutColtaine has a spectacular aura aboutColtaine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toivo
As said before, remove the attack bonus.
Why not introduce some more completely illogical stuff.

Im pro-removing.
To me, that cluster-stuff always has this stench of an unbeloved, boring, slaggy, mandatory commitment for everybody.
The real commitment and team-orientation is towards alliances in most cases. The cluster-"ally" competes - and loses.
Coltaine is offline   Reply With Quote