User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 13:39   #1
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society
The Make Poverty History advert..

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet they have got a ship load of A list celebs like 'P Diddy', Brad Pitt, Cameron Diaz, Kate Moss all clicking their fingers every 3 seconds to represent a child in the 3rd world dying and then they tell us to make poverty history! Now I'm no expert in the field of celebrity wealth but these people must be worth millions if not hundreds of millions each and it just seems a bit rich for them to be telling us we should be doing something about poverty while they sit on their tanker sized yachts drinking Cristal champagne by the bucket load and bragging to us how many Bentleys they have on each record.

I suppose I'm not really blaming the celebs here I'm sure some have donated their equivalent of pocket change and gave up 30 seconds of their valuable time to click their fingers for the cause but are these the best people to tell us about hardship and poverty in the developing world?
PSH is offline   Reply With Quote