User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 27 Jul 2007, 14:03   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Round report 27 July. 14 days left of the round.

With 14 days left, the field is still open for the top ally spot. Exciting fighting is going on between the two blocks whom seem now to have solidified.

CT, VGN and Jenova still look like the strong frontrunner's, but just behind them atleast four alliances still have a good shot at the top finish. From last round New Dawn have emerged from a rebuilding round and now sits as 6th they still have an opportunity to finish high. There seems to be two quite clear blocks developed now, but as to whom, I cant really comment, as it would be unfair and biased.

The heavy infighting on the top leaves good opportunities for lower alliances to shine and avoid incs, so everyone is happy. Well, except for the makefunofjuice alliance who clearly seem to be lacking some of the aggressive acts they had earlier in the round. But it seems like the alliance have maintained their option in keeping F-crew outside top ten and looks to be achieving just that.

Lets have a slight commentary on each alliance as the writer sees them: (note the author is clearly biased in all these alliances, and will portray all alliances in a way that may insult, and also piss of most people, but hey, its summer, lets have fun!)

1: CT (looking strong atm, although their lead on Jenova has dropped down to only 1 million, do we sense a slight battle fatigue in the angry ducks crowd?

2: VGN has climbed up ahead over Jenova and looks quite strong atm, Cr0 is shouting at his troops in English in ways that would make Shakespeare roll over in his grave, but the troops looks happy.

3: Clearly assassins unfortunate mishap have had no impact on Jenova as Jenova is still going strong and fighting well.

4: With a good sturdy core The Galactic Vikings seems still to be hunting for a good position. Rumours has it that CT is looking for a hitman to take out Macaroth (TGV's Australian HC who is in charge of defence)

5: ROCK, most people thought that ROCK was gonna do the fence dance for most of this round, but as of late it seems they have engaged both VGN and Jenova, might we see a battling ROCK as we saw them in the ROCK - SiN war round 12?

6: NewDawn is clearly a joker this round, with almost no hc's around, (it is rumored that Spritfire is quite busy making food for Germans in his restaurant) the alliance seems to be managing well still, an inside source at ND command says its the well built muscle man Adds who is driving the troops forward.

7: Tides Of Fire has been better, but seems happy fighting for the man upstairs and is surely giving heavy casualties whenever they are able. Good on them!

8: Subh headquarters was rocked by the fact that Applebane has returned to the tech stuff, and was bringing his wine bottles. Kronos-V has fish for everyone, and Subh seem to be doing fine. Their mysterious leader Ali is still not found, although searches have been made in mountain caves.

9: VisioN have enhanced their team with an angry ex NoS'er named Chimpie who seems to have been helping out a bit, however, VsN have not impressed (clearly in the eyes of the author), but might be struck by the summer fatigue which has a tendency to give troubles to most alliances.

10: Orbit seems to be happy as long as they're infront of F-Crew and who cant blame them. The fight for Orbit seems to be to keep Smudge out of prostitution and to make sure their HC knows that they need to login from time to time.

11: F-Crew is best of the rest, idling outside top 10 but looking cool when idling. Wakey seem less active than normal, which should explain why they're 11th and not 15th. (edit: Apperantly Wakey was active, which will explain why they're not in top 10.)

12: Hidden Agenda is fighting a good fight with F-Crew to be the best newbie alliance around. (strangely enough both alliances are more or less full, oh, where are the newbies gonna go to now)
SpaceMonkey and Mitch seems to have their hands full getting people to find their way into the irc channel.

13: Ascendancy is positioned at a happy 13th and seems to be the biggest threat of the round. Everyone should attack them and especially.. erm, who am i kidding, clearly everyone can see that Ascendancy is away for the summer, and good on them, they'll be the ones to populate the earth with new PA players, not us nerdy geeky guys still playing.

14: SPQR or the alliance formerly known as the alliance that can't list the alphabet! ITS: PQRS NOT SPQR is sitting in 14th atm and is fighting for attention behind the two other big recruitment alliances, clearly their chance should be now as they are the ones who still can recruit. Hey, whats that? 20 idle planets just joined them? damn, sorry newbies find another ally to join.

15: Howling Rain is the last ally I'm gonna fully comment on during this summary, and it seems like Mistwraiths lil' puppies seems to be suffering from extreme summer exhaustion, but then again Howling Rain have never been about quantity, more about quality or so they say. I'm sure the old dawgs will be howling properly as soon as this summer heat (and much much water stops)

I'd also like to make a note out of two emerging alliances coming up from behind. First Salvation bubbling happily at 20th spot, it seems like an active new alliance who is strongly in need of some slightly more experience to help them guide their way into the top flight. Stronghold is another one who has clear intentions (they even have a recruitment thread you new players go go go) and after a hefty merge with Wonderland, the alliance seems to be building a rapport.

So, with two weeks to go, the top 10 seems pretty fixed, but the positions within the top 10 is not. There is huge competition about the first 5-6 spots and everyone in top 6 is in the running or atleast have a theoretical chance to win. I wouldnt be betting on any alliance at the moment.

Last edited by Kargool; 28 Jul 2007 at 10:57.
Kargool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 14:41   #2
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round report 27 July. 14 days left of the round.

ZikUnion was off your list. You will pay Kargool, you will pay.

AdmV

Last edited by furball; 27 Jul 2007 at 14:55. Reason: mass quoting ftl
AdmV0rl0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 15:07   #3
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool

5: ROCK, most people thought that ROCK was gonna do the fence dance for most of this round, but as of late it seems they have engaged both VGN and Jenova

...and the rest of the vulture circling us... (not implying we are dead in anyway, just seems the lower half of the top10 have jumped on the "ROCK shouldnt be up here, lets push them back down where they should be" bandwagon :P )
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 15:08   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"Ooo, Ascendancy is going to win r22!"

I distinctly remember many preround posts of the above type. Now, I lol at the people who wrote them. Idiots.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 19:54   #5
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
"Ooo, Ascendancy is going to win r22!"

I distinctly remember many preround posts of the above type. Now, I lol at the people who wrote them. Idiots.
Or potentially people were not idiots and rather clever and by saying that it caused pressure, expectation and increased incomings on Ascendancy.

Well i would say that, but i dont think they give a damn
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 20:03   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Pre-round predictions are supposed to count for reality religfree. Otherwise we could say things like "f-crew will win" and then claim after the fact that it didn't work out that way because f-crew got more than 10 incoming fleets which wasn't part of our prediction.
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 21:01   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I have to say that i was slightly suprised with ascendancy low activity/ability this round, but clearly they will be back when they can be arsed.
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 21:39   #8
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I have to say that i was slightly suprised with ascendancy low activity/ability this round, but clearly they will be back when they can be arsed.
We spent all our activities on publishing our own arbiter as early as possible, that didn't leave a lot of space for playing ;-)
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 22:02   #9
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

We have been active! Well, at least me. Actively going out having fun, drinking beer, talking nonesense, Ollen besohlen.....
Just as usual

Prost!

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2007, 06:29   #10
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

12: Hidden Agenda is fighting a good fight with F-Crew to be the best newbie alliance around. (strangely enough both alliances are more or less full, oh, where are the newbies gonna go to now)
SpaceMonkey and Mitch seems to have their hands full getting people to find their way into the irc channel.

They would be doing better if they got past that nasty habit of crashing fleets horribly...all I know is that every fleet that has been crashed on me since the beginning of the round with the exception of one, has been from HA

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2007, 10:23   #11
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
Ollen besohlen.....

Prost!
ROFL !
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2007, 10:57   #12
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

I've edited the initial post after some facts about Wakey's whereabouts became known to me.
Unread 28 Jul 2007, 11:01   #13
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubert Samson
They would be doing better if they got past that nasty habit of crashing fleets horribly...all I know is that every fleet that has been crashed on me since the beginning of the round with the exception of one, has been from HA
but you lol everytime they do it

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2007, 11:52   #14
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

I'm disappointed you didn't mention Transcendancy
In regards to the top: I hope VGN makes it, great people and nice players
Proud to have been playing with them, but now i only idle and scan

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2007, 18:30   #15
AdmV0rl0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
I'm disappointed you didn't mention Transcendancy
In regards to the top: I hope VGN makes it, great people and nice players
Proud to have been playing with them, but now i only idle and scan
Zikunion have every intention of wiping the floor with you. And Kargool made no mention of us.

PS - Kargool, 27th, AFTER 4 days, only 4 members. Within striking distance now of people who should be hammering us.

AD
Unread 29 Jul 2007, 16:05   #16
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Of the two main antagonists against conspiracy vgn look the stronger , jenova appear to be on the point of meltdown ,
question remains with this rd coming to a close as to who can keep their wits about them and keep fightin until the las tick

-Rommel
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 11:26   #17
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

Was a fun read Kargool

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 12:01   #18
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

TGV looks fat.

What's best of the round is that there's actually fourteen alliances revolving close to the member limits, which could probably be interpreted as a sign of growing active playerbase (obviously, it's a free round. now a few more of these to collect a larger base again, ok?).
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 15:06   #19
BADA
BA :P)

BADA will become famous soon enoughBADA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
6: NewDawn is clearly a joker this round, with almost no hc's around, (it is rumored that Spritfire is quite busy making food for Germans in his restaurant) the alliance seems to be managing well still, an inside source at ND command says its the well built muscle man Adds who is driving the troops forward.

LOL i must have missed something here !!!
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 15:19   #20
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

update july 30th - 11 days left

after much concern and heartache over multihunter decisions, it seems apparent our very own kargool got his planetname/rulername changed without it actually being offensive. One may question how many blowjobs he had to give, but after previous decisions we can safely assume it wasnt that many! 'Marriage of The Joys' Why that was offensive we shall never know, but never fear our local resident may be found at 'David Preece' of 'Luton Town'

What kind of wacky decisions will our wacky multihunter team do next, find out next time in this very shit thread!
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 15:24   #21
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

David Preece was a Luton player who died the other week, Kargool supports Luton. Its rather obviously a small tribute to the guy.
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 15:30   #22
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

im fully aware of that*, but what has that got to do with ingame actions or the game itself?

*everything but kargool being a fan etc
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 16:21   #23
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Wasnt actually a multihunter that changed the p/r name, and its a tribute to a footballer that died only 44 years old. Unlike other rounds i havent really made any attempts at keeping my planet hidden to the likes of Alki
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 16:32   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think he was implying you were able to get your name changed without it being offensive which is, as far as I'm aware, the only way an r/p gets changed midround.
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 16:34   #25
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

I guess it was because i asked nicely and it was a reason behind it.
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 17:25   #26
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Mind telling us who did the change? I will probably be asking to be able to change my planet/rulername in tribute to Madeleine McCann, who disappeared at a very young age.
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 17:39   #27
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A player asked someone to change his planet and ruler name and got it done!? My god, what is this game coming to!

And to make matters worse, it was Kargool! For shame!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 18:06   #28
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

I was wondering if people are out of things to complain about seing as they're bringing up this horrible atrocity!
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 18:28   #29
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I was wondering if people are out of things to complain about seing as they're bringing up this horrible atrocity!
I have to say while in your case its a minor thing and was no doubt done with good intentions it could very well be something that could be abused to gain an advantage. As such it is potentially a dangerous precedent so probably shouldn't have been done
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 18:41   #30
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I have to say while in your case its a minor thing and was no doubt done with good intentions it could very well be something that could be abused to gain an advantage. As such it is potentially a dangerous precedent so probably shouldn't have been done
And im quite sure that most people would have gotten turned down if they didnt have a very very good reason.

However, ofc, if i had chosen to exile and thus hiding, it might have been abused, however, I didn't.

Can someone split out this discussion so that the thread gets back on topic?
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 18:54   #31
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
and of course it's got nothing to do with your co-ords being released and most arbiters tracking people by their ruler/planet name

-Rommel
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 19:27   #32
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Gzambo, you are honestly mistaken. If i really wanted to hide my planet, i would never have buddypacked, I would never have told like 8-10 people outside my alliance where my planet was.
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 19:29   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

I do think, in fairness to kargool, that while his r/p shouldn't have been changed it's really not a big deal.
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 19:32   #34
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I do think, in fairness to kargool, that while his r/p shouldn't have been changed it's really not a big deal.
sets a bad precedence though doesnt it

-Rommel
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 04:59   #35
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Personally I liked Kargool's previous ruler/planet name -- but then I'm biased.

But it's not like it was hard to locate him again once it was changed.

Anyway - back on topic (shock horror) - I like how close this round has been - it's nice to see that the fight for #1 (or indeed most spots in the top 10) will go down to the wire - rather than having a runaway winner well before rounds end. Makes it more interesting for those in the fight.
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 05:17   #36
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Of course it's not a big deal.

Though, if it was generally allowed, we would have seen very many h3ll -ruler/planetname combinations a little back. And generally, to these sorts of things too, one shouldn't favour one player over another. The equal rights shit though, when talking about multihunters, is just tired by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure
Makes it more interesting for those in the fight.
I'm still failing to notice.
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 10:17   #37
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure
Personally I liked Kargool's previous ruler/planet name -- but then I'm biased.

But it's not like it was hard to locate him again once it was changed.

Anyway - back on topic (shock horror) - I like how close this round has been - it's nice to see that the fight for #1 (or indeed most spots in the top 10) will go down to the wire - rather than having a runaway winner well before rounds end. Makes it more interesting for those in the fight.
I disagree, imo, its been somewhat of a dull round. Roid swapping and no killing of any top fleets next round make voyager a kill ship FTW! \o/
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 10:50   #38
Macaroth

Macaroth will become famous soon enoughMacaroth will become famous soon enough

/me watches over shoulder for the assasin CT has hired

...or did you offer to kill me for them kargool? ;p
Macaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 12:36   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

This round is interesting the way its panned out. Currently the top three alliances are separated by a staggeringly small margin (size of stockpiles etc is probably the deciding factor). If this is still the case at the end of the round the top alliance won't have actually proven itself to be better than the others in any real sense. They'll just be the tag with most score. Even then they might not be the tag with most total score due to the way the alliance scoring system works. This serves to answer a rather large number of questions about why wars in pa don't happen as much or with the same intensity. It's not about fighting.
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 12:39   #40
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
This serves to answer a rather large number of questions about why wars in pa don't happen as much or with the same intensity. It's not about fighting.
Paging AngryDuck to thread #195020 to report on Conspiracy Theory's latest non-stop hammering of their enemies.

Yeah. Score accumulation. And so on. What do you think should be done to change the "problem" (assuming it is one)?
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 12:42   #41
JonnyBGood
Banned

I've offered a number of different options, which variously work within different approaches. It all boils down to one aspect. The issue is tags and their nature. You either abolish tags and remove the whole problem, or you change their nature and offer rewards for "going to war".
Unread 1 Aug 2007, 10:58   #42
AdmV0rl0n

Quote:
I've offered a number of different options, which variously work within different approaches. It all boils down to one aspect. The issue is tags and their nature. You either abolish tags and remove the whole problem, or you change their nature and offer rewards for "going to war".
The game def needs to move back to being a game of war, not merely score..

Ad
Unread 1 Aug 2007, 12:49   #43
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

hmm a change of r/p for no reson is a big deal as it just as well could give him 3k roids

/me is gonna pm for a change too

i hope everyone else does it too just for the jackass who did it can see how stupid it is o/

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 23:42   #44
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

Quote:
14: SPQR or the alliance formerly known as the alliance that can't list the alphabet! ITS: PQRS NOT SPQR is sitting in 14th atm and is fighting for attention behind the two other big recruitment alliances, clearly their chance should be now as they are the ones who still can recruit. Hey, whats that? 20 idle planets just joined them? damn, sorry newbies find another ally to join.
Sure yeah. Clean your mouth before speaking, Kargool. This is not the place to flame, and besides, we've got more to be proud of than what you think. Your alliance is just personality-less (and I can talk of it) and yourself are just a pretentious, arrogant, being.

Think of all the ones who do respect us, and shut the **** up! I have never personnally attacked you, neither your alliance, but you're giving me reasons to start.

btw, congratulations on your first spot now. (and yes, that is sincere.)
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 23:58   #45
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyVince
Sure yeah. Clean your mouth before speaking, Kargool. This is not the place to flame, and besides, we've got more to be proud of than what you think. Your alliance is just personality-less (and I can talk of it) and yourself are just a pretentious, arrogant, being.

Think of all the ones who do respect us, and shut the **** up! I have never personnally attacked you, neither your alliance, but you're giving me reasons to start.

btw, congratulations on your first spot now. (and yes, that is sincere.)
Jesus, some people cant handle their liquor, and some cant handle a joke.

Stay tuned for another exciting summary tomorrow!
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 06:54   #46
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

First off, I think the battle of score accumulation is pretty lame. JBG* is right in that the winning alliance won't have actually proven itself to be better than the others. The win won't be by a large margin, it'll be a combination of factors including but not limited to whoever had the most hatered towards them, whoever had the most support, and whoever didn't screw up the biggest fleet-wise.

Speaking of which, anyone else notice that since the mid-round change (PA Team's "brilliant solution"**) of the 61-70 players not being subject to any score limitations, any alliance can add people to tag despite their score? A small reccomendation to any alliance playing for the win: If you have people out of tag whose base score is larger than the scores of people within your tag, swap out the smallest players in your tag for the larger base scores a tick or two before the end of the round. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that this strategy will help you win the round in such an incredibly close round! And it'll provide a much needed burst of laughter if your alliance wasn't one of those who were "competing" at the top levels, recreating the excitement and confusion among the other competitiors like Greenhill's planet win last round, or Ascendancy's win in round 16.

As for the subject of Kargool*'s ruler/planet name change. I personally think it shouldn't have been done, but also don't think it matters too much. Of course it does reset your stats on a wotsit like sandmans, and in many alliance's arbiters. But any dummy could re-find your planet rather easily. On a more interesting and unsuprising note, both #support and #multihunters refused to change my ruler/planet name, despite the fact that (a) I too was not trying to hide (as can be said from my nick in my current ruler/planet) and (b) I was trying to change my ruler/planet to a tribute to the recently deceased Marvin Zindler***. If TGV win the round, I'll squak like a chicken in my living room, bitch on AD about the admin bias of unfairly supporting TGV and cite this as an example, and post a suggestion into the PA suggestion forum. All of which will have the same impact on PA: none.

-NitinA

* by the way, is this thread a poor attempt by Kargool to recreate JBG's superb round logs? No offense Kargool, but you lack JBG's wit to do so on the same level. Then again, I shouldn't speak, because I'll probably end up reading your god damn next installment/"another exciting summary tomorrow!"

** PA Team's "brilliant solution" is actually an abuseable bug that was never fixed. This bug existed in the beta and the start of the round. I reported this bug as soon as I noted it--the bug being that despite the limitations stated on the alliance members page, alliances could add anyone to tag no matter what their score was. Because of a shortage of decent alliances that players could join, PA Team turned this "abuseable bug" (abuseable like i outlined above) into an "feature" about a week after I reported it. It's actually quite a perfect loophole for such a close round!

*** If only we could all have blue-tinted glasses, and wonderful hairpieces; bless you Marvin Zindler. Even if PA Team won't let me pay tribute to you by changing my ruler/planet like Kargool!
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21

Last edited by NitinA; 3 Aug 2007 at 06:59.
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 07:28   #47
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
but you lol everytime they do it

Well, yeah, its still funny...in a sad sort of way

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 07:55   #48
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
As for the subject of Kargool*'s ruler/planet name change. I personally think it shouldn't have been done, but also don't think it matters too much.
This pretty much sums it up. I'd be eager to know, though, who actually supervised the change, and why isn't such tribute allowed to others - there are people who would genuinely pay tribute to the deceased through planet and rulername changes. I reckon for the memoir of h3ll, quite a few players would have liked to change their P/Rs had they known it's possible like this.

Quote:
* by the way, is this thread a poor attempt by Kargool to recreate JBG's superb round logs? No offense Kargool, but you lack JBG's wit to do so on the same level. Then again, I shouldn't speak, because I'll probably end up reading your god damn next installment/"another exciting summary tomorrow!"
Let's say. It's a an effort. It's just not quite it.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 09:17   #49
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitanA
At the end of the day Kargool has been willing to write over a thousand words on the current alliance situation, and I for one applaud him for taking the time to do so. JBG's style of doing these reports is much admired, but I'm not sure these forums could cope with more than one drunk rambling Irishman.
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 09:27   #50
adds

adds is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
an inside source at ND command says its the well built muscle man Adds who is driving the troops forward.

I love that! but how is a litte aussie peon, who sucks crap, manage to drive ND foward, I am quite amazed, must be my good looks or my aussie charm or something

and who was that inside source? I gotta thank them for holding me in such high regard! haha!! :P
adds is offline   Reply With Quote