User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 15 May 2011, 18:07   #1
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice
Bring back single targetting

Why bring back single targetting?

Easier to play
Easier to land
Less reliance on teamups

With the game at its state today, it should be made easier and more accessible to more people. Basically the game is too complicated, the best players love complication as it gives them more options to stay ahead, but the weaker ones just crash and quit. And as a result PA is dieing, single targetting could be a possibility to improve it, as long as XP is kept under wraps and the value play option is still THE BEST way to win.

Yes with single targetting there will be more holes but there should be more zero loss defence ships to compensate for this.
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2011, 06:32   #2
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: Bring back single targetting

I suggest you take a look at beta stats, then.

Although I personally find MT in itself to be way more interesting, I do think with the current number of planets playing it's much better for the game to be ST.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2011, 07:27   #3
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

beta stats just say another cath co overOPed round - same old story = if were gonna change the targetting atleast change the effectiveness of races too. Cath has been strong for too many rounds now
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2011, 08:56   #4
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
beta stats just say another cath co overOPed round - same old story = if were gonna change the targetting atleast change the effectiveness of races too. Cath has been strong for too many rounds now
Thanks for the arguments, you have some really good and helpful points! That last nonfact especially.
Unread 16 May 2011, 10:38   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Note to statmaker : not every ship HAS to have a t2 (~or even a t3)
Unread 16 May 2011, 12:24   #6
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Thanks for the arguments, you have some really good and helpful points! That last nonfact especially.
There is some truth in it tho, no need for cath to have 4 fi/co EMP ships... At least one of em should be a normal ship. And don't change the spider to normal ship but let them have a normal ship in their roidingfleet for a change.

At a first glance i'd make a normal ship out of the viper, improving the viability of etd FR. And make the scarab init 2.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN

Last edited by Influence; 16 May 2011 at 12:38. Reason: added suggestions
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2011, 19:50   #7
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Ok ill try and be more specific - there is 4 viable de/fr fleets - 2 of them dont target co - fair enough - but the viper and scarab are highly effective against de/fr according to the bcalc.

Im not saying the stats are bad Patrikc - i personally prefer fleets that have holes and ST round in general - im just bored of the same old EVERYONE GO CATH FI/CO every round - its boring.

There is a lot of fi targetting ships it seems yet only 1 viable fi roiding fleet and even that gets pwned to buggery by the caths.

It just seems we rehash the same old thoughts on races and apply the same arguements... 'cath must be strong because it cant kill you and is easy roids' yet we invariably still have mountains of cath fi/co fleets littering the top 100 cos its so oped

You could argue there is masses of Terran BS in top 100 this round instead but yet again because it was monstrously oped. JUst make fleets even powered and then see what happens - hopefully ppl will then start choosing races on what 'special abiliy' they have rather than just cos they smash everything in sight
Unread 17 May 2011, 01:29   #8
Patrikc

This is the part I have a problem with though - you claim that Cath Co has been so overpowered these last few rounds.

Code:
        caths @
        top 100 
r41  -  15 (3 top 50)
r40  -  20
r39  -  2
r38  -  11
r37  -  14 (ST)
r35  -  11 (ST)
There's only been one round recently where Cath was represented by 20%+ in the top 100. And I'm pretty sure their efficiencies were close to if not better than the current ones in Beta. Cath is and always will be popular due to EMP, but at the same time it is its own downfall.

I like the idea of a normal Viper, thanks, though I'll think about it some more before I change it. Fr/De is already quite good, really, and I think Etd would actually be off worse if Viper became normal. It would mean they'd have to invest more in Brokers, rather than just enough to deter Caths (since they'd have to deal substantial damage to Cat Co to actually kill a decent amount of Viper).

And thanks for the feedback Kaiba. Even if I don't fully agree with you, it still gives me a different perspective to consider.

Suggestions for an extra Xan ship are very welcome (or if you think they're fine as is, speak up).

Keep it coming!

Last edited by Patrikc; 17 May 2011 at 02:04. Reason: now=r41, not r42 ^^
Unread 17 May 2011, 01:46   #9
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

how many etd (with a full emp co roiding fleet) were there in r39 top 100 tho?

Unread 17 May 2011, 01:58   #10
Patrikc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
how many etd (with a full emp co roiding fleet) were there in r39 top 100 tho?
That had nothing to do with the Dealer, right?
Unread 17 May 2011, 02:32   #11
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
That had nothing to do with the Dealer, right?
nah it had to do with the voyager and the vendor both being CO EMP ships.

on top of that they could even steal some other CO too with their dealer idd.

Unread 17 May 2011, 09:33   #12
Patrikc

Yes and no. It had to do with a good Co EMP fleet, sure, but mostly with there only being two races with good fi/co fleets while being (near) immune to these themselves. EMP should never be accompanied with free-firing ships like Dealer, let alone a steal ship.
Unread 17 May 2011, 10:14   #13
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

i disagree with cat co beeing overpowered here

tbh i think the stats look pretty good on first sight.

also i doubt we see a fi/co dominated round again, wish is a good think since i wub my sleep

not sure if xan is maybe a bit weak, they look a bit like that,
but i need to run some more calcs before

will do so when i get home

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2011, 10:36   #14
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

can we have 5 races 3 pods per race 2 fi/co ships 3 fr/de ships 2 cr/bs ships and an off class sk ship to what ever pod is chosen. so we wont have such a big cluster of 1 race 1 class.
Blue_Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2011, 11:15   #15
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Can I ask who is doing this stats for the next round and ask for their thinking behind each attacking fleet?
Unread 18 May 2011, 21:00   #16
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

i would assume from his responses that Patrikc is doing them

BUT....

As PA rules state - he must tinker and then Appocomaster will dip his hand in and ruin and then they will be FINALISED - AND CRAP!!!
Unread 19 May 2011, 00:00   #17
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj View Post
Why bring back single targetting?

Easier to play
Easier to land
Less reliance on teamups
As the fleet setup now need more attention ST in no way is easier to play then MT.
It's easier to land indeed. And it's also easier to land on YOU, which doesnt make the game easier for you.
ST rounds are always known to be teamup rounds. Stats for each race always have a hole in it which you need to compensate with a teamup. ST has always been like this.

[Edit] Sorry for gay colors.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.

Last edited by Korsan; 19 May 2011 at 00:06.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2011, 00:53   #18
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

you're both wrong its more of a inbetween
Unread 19 May 2011, 06:35   #19
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
i would assume from his responses that Patrikc is doing them.
I guess I await Pat's responce then.
Unread 19 May 2011, 08:31   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

But it would still be nice to know if Patrikc is doing the stats or just making stats. Appoco?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2011, 16:39   #21
Patrikc

I'm making next round's stats, yes. I was hoping to get some more initial feedback on the ones in Beta before I commented on it, considering these are only around a week old.

Basically, I want every attackfleet to have at least one option to solo, preferably two, with the possibility of 0-loss defense against it, and a teamup fleet to cover against this 'hole'. At the same time, I don't want these two races to complement eachother fully. For example, Ter and Etd Bs are pretty awesome together, however they can't cover eachother against fi/co incs effectively.

It feels counterintuitive to me, because I tend to look for these 2-race combinations myself to determine the best strategy for alliance/galaxy, but this should never be allowed (see:current round Etd/Ter)
Unread 19 May 2011, 17:39   #22
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

just keep em like they are
all those last minute tweaks never helped anything really...

they may have flaws
some ships my be overpowered
so what!?

no set ever didnt
last minute changes are just a alibi anyhow, so someone can say in the end "we tried to balance it..."

and it would be nice for a change to have final stats early.

ofc if everyone would pick cathaar now, it could be a bit boring...but i dont see this happening
overall the best race will anyhow be decided, by the racial distribution in universe, in the top alliances and specially by the (top) alliances strategies.

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2011, 17:52   #23
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

its a bad idea to assume that everyone can find the stats in beta

kinda helps if you let people know what the hell your talking about

or maybe its just me

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2011, 18:23   #24
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

quick question: i assume the number of guns on the guardian is just a mistake?
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2011, 19:30   #25
Patrikc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
its a bad idea to assume that everyone can find the stats in beta
Like I said, I didn't feel I've had enough feedback to 'publish' them (also see:Guardian guns ). I'll make a thread on the Strategy forums with link and all.
Unread 19 May 2011, 19:33   #26
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i agree with a lot of what has been said here.

cath co is a bit strong, changing 1 to norm should fix that.

xan is way too hitable.

ter is not hitable enough.

zik looks reasonable, always hard to play.

etd looks ok.

will go into more detail if people care.

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Unread 19 May 2011, 19:53   #27
Reincarnate
ToF

oh also, on guardian guns. shouldnt they have more than cat cr as its bs?

Unread 19 May 2011, 20:57   #28
Patrikc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
oh also, on guardian guns. shouldnt they have more than cat cr as its bs?
They do. You must have refreshed in the 20 second window they went from 1 to 10 to 12. :/

Edit: made new thread on Strategy forums

Last edited by Patrikc; 19 May 2011 at 22:28.
Unread 21 May 2011, 12:16   #29
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=211919514144

only suggestion I would make would is....

Phoenix Corvette Fr to Phoenix Corvette Fi
Pegasus Destroyer Fi to Pegasus Destroyer Fr

Spectre Cruiser Bs Cloak 5
to Spectre Cruiser Bs Cloak 8

As there is no Fi class anti de kinda makes the pegs a redundant attack ship. Also Means that ter now have ally eta anti fi being a down side if that is a concern then...

Phoenix Corvette Fr to Phoenix Frigate Fi
(tweak the cost/armour/damage and emp res accordingly)

to make xan fi more roidable on terrans (without having to do a fi/co combo and leaving the revs being open to harpy/cutlass def) and ter bs more roidable on xans (after early - mid round).
Unread 23 May 2011, 14:53   #30
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
as been so overpowered these last few rounds.

Code:
caths @  top 100 
r41  -  15 (3 top 50)
r40  -  20
r39  -  2
r38  -  11
r37  -  14 (ST)
r35  -  11 (ST)
Ok, everyone is always throwing around stats to prove that races were overpowered in a certain round. However, i have never seen a table where ppl take into account how many planets of each race were present.

So, here is my (more realistic) view on how powerfull races were in the last few rounds

Code:

Percentage of planets of each race ENDING in the top 100

R41   R40   R39   R38   R37   R36   R35   R34
Ter  16,3%  4,7%  7,6% 12,3% 24,6%  6,1%  7,4%  2,3%
Cat   5,0%  7,3%  0,4%  4,8%  4,3%  9,1%  3,4%  8,7%
Xan   0,7% 15,5%  5,4%  2,5%  7,5% 10,3%  4,3%  4,6%
Zik   2,8% 11,9% 13,8%  5,5%  5,6%  5,8% 21,5% 14,8%
Etd  11,1%  1,4% 13,9% 15,1%  9,2%  4,8%  4,9%  9,1%
So what does this mean?

Example:

Of all the cathaar that were present at the last tick of Round 41, 5,0% ended in top 100
Of all the eitraides that were present at the last tick of Round 41, 11,1% ended in top 100

Since (not presented in this post) 14 cathaar ended in top 100, and 15 eitraides, it would seem they were (almost) equally strong. However, relative to the amount of eitraides/cathaar in the entire universe, eitraides performed much better then cathaar (C=5%, E=11,1%), since there were many more cathaar planets, and 1 less of them ended in top 100 then eitraides planets.

Taking this a step further, we could make ratios; Define a ratio of 1.00 if a race has exactly the same % of planets in top 100 as it has % of planets in the entire universe. If the ratio is <1, the race underperformed, if the ratio >1, the race overperformed. This gives the following table

Code:

Performace ratio

R41  R40  R39  R38  R37  R36  R35  R34  Average Average2*
Ter 1,80 0,50 0,88 1,44 2,90 0,80 0,93 0,29     1,19     1,06
Cat 0,55 0,77 0,05 0,56 0,50 1,18 0,43 1,14     0,65     0,77
Xan 0,08 1,63 0,63 0,29 0,88 1,34 0,54 0,60     0,75     0,82
Zik 0,30 1,26 1,61 0,64 0,65 0,75 2,69 1,93     1,23     1,14
Etd 1,23 0,15 1,62 1,77 1,08 0,62 0,61 1,19     1,03     1,06

*) Average leaving out worst and best performance
Conclusion:
- Etd overperforms most often with 4/8 rounds
- Zik is second best with overperformance of 3/8
- Then Ter, Xan and Cat with 2/8
- If you purely look at the average performance, cathaar score worst, and zikonian scores best
- Even if you leave out best and worst rounds for each race, cathaar remains the worst race
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC

Last edited by Remy; 23 May 2011 at 15:57.
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2011, 18:23   #31
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

But does that also take into account allaince based plans??

Im sure in this round Ter would have an even higher percentage if for example CT had decided to go BS based aswell.

For example an Apprime planet of any race should outperform most others of a powerful race just because of the allainces def culture. It doesnt mean that the race was brilliant it just means his/her allaince saved them alot.

The reason for saving Cat was op in rd 42 and were bored of it is simple... Beetles were OP against all fi/co , vipers hit almost 1/1 with all fr/de ships and Recluse had massive OP against Cr fleets and held up well with a kill buddy against Terr BS.

I know Cat cant kill anything and this is supposed to be teh arguement for overpowering it - but it just makes it damn hard to land on without large teamups.

If we want to pull PA away from the lolwave culture that is emerging and bring back the element of attacking with skill then Cath should be nerfed to an extent and used more as the 'support' planet its 'ability' denotes it to be.
Unread 23 May 2011, 18:34   #32
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
But does that also take into account allaince based plans?
No but we could maybe use an instrumental variable for it. You know, we know alliance decisions affect race distributions, but it's a two-way causality, and ultimately race strengths define race success, so.

SERIOUSLY.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2011, 21:42   #33
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I only built pegs/wyvern/dragon last round... 3 ships... and i was attacked maybe once and it was an epic fail. this kinda crap needs to stop. ST will fix that.... i think...
Unread 24 May 2011, 09:53   #34
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Yes. Single targeting in general will force people to build more different ships. It's not exactly news that on more or less every multi-targetting round since round 1 or so it's been worth it to stack certain ships ad infinum.

This effect isn't least reduced by the fact that the stat makers constantly seem to allow people to get off with mostly their attack fleet on multi-target rounds.

I'd say if your attack fleets on a multi-target round would only target 2-3 types of ships each you might have something intresting going on.
Unread 24 May 2011, 11:42   #35
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abort View Post
I only built pegs/wyvern/dragon last round... 3 ships... and i was attacked maybe once and it was an epic fail. this kinda crap needs to stop. ST will fix that.... i think...
Having no inc was probably more to do with you being in a dlr gal than just building 3 ships so the point is redundant

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2011, 04:35   #36
Truhatred

Truhatred is an unknown quantity at this point

Ter DE sucks tbh, biggest hole ive ever seen. Ter DE doesnt attk CO, and xan has Co anti DE thats. Ter DE couldnt even land a DE attk vs any xan or xan fake/real def.
Truhatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2011, 06:09   #37
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Thats why you need teamup partners. Zik DE has int 4 anti co kill ships so that negates the xan def.

The whole point of ST as i see it is you have stuff you cant hit and it about having friends to attack with and defend you that cover where you lack
Unread 25 May 2011, 16:01   #38
Truhatred

Truhatred is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesnt that make it harder for newer people to play the game as they have no one to attk with.
Truhatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2011, 17:32   #39
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Regardless of what ppl want to say PA is a game that to play effectively you need to be in an alliance. Therefore there will be people to team up with.

If your new then join an alliance - simple
Unread 25 May 2011, 18:07   #40
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Quote:
Regardless of what ppl want to say PA is a game that to play effectively you need to be in an alliance. Therefore there will be people to team up with.

If your new then join an alliance - simple
Precisely. And with alliances like Ngo around it's not like there's somewhere that wont accept newbies. They seem to be fairly open-armed.
Unread 25 May 2011, 19:28   #41
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

I have actually offered to help NGO a bit with there alliance. Write some nub guides and give basic tactics. Teamups on attacks is like top of the list of stuff you must do.
Unread 25 May 2011, 19:46   #42
Reincarnate
ToF

kaiba, if you wanna write nub guides why not just put them here? if they are decent you can ask apocco to send a mail ingame to alert people at the start of the round...he might even do it!

Unread 25 May 2011, 20:44   #43
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
kaiba, if you wanna write nub guides why not just put them here?
Fear of public disgrace through horribad guides?
Unread 26 May 2011, 00:44   #44
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

good idea rein

ill do it

No fear Tie = they were just for ngo - but they can be more broad if wanted
Unread 26 May 2011, 04:35   #45
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"Tie" is a good abbreviation.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2011, 08:28   #46
Tietäjä
Good Son

French or Columbian?