User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 12 Nov 2008, 14:12   #1
RaZeR

RaZeR is an unknown quantity at this point
New skin for mobile internet users

Hi,

A lot of the time I have to check PA from my phone for various reasons. It works fine for almost everything, there are just 2 minor problems;

1) I cant recall fleets, because I cant tick that box :/
2) I cant change population, because I cant move the sliders

I'd really appreciate it if someone could make a skin that slightly changed the way these 2 were done, so that they would work from a mobile phone...

For example, I could do the upgrade bonus fine, so if there are 2 options and you toggle between them (like choosing between res/con or resources/roids in that situation) then that would work, maybe a yes or no option instead of the 'confirm' box to recall? Or even a similar mechanism to the fleet movement thing? Click a recall link/button, and a prompt appears at the bottom of the screen to confirm the recall? (rather than a yes/no box popping up cos i'm not sure how well that'd work...)

For the other one, maybe make it so you can just type in the population settings? and If the total is over 100, it just resets to what it was before... Or, instead of having the sliders as they are now, put something on each end that you can click to move it along? Like a scroll bar instead of a slider... Not sure how well that would work, but it might be easier...

Anyway, I dont know if these are feasible to do, at least with a skin, but I dont know very much about coding or web design, so I thought I'd at least ask.

Would hugely appreciate it!

RaZeR
RaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2008, 18:19   #2
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough
Re: New skin for mobile internet users

Seconded!
Unread 12 Nov 2008, 18:29   #3
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

I can recall fleets no problem from Opera mini but the population thing is a nuisance.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2008, 18:34   #4
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
I can recall fleets no problem from Opera mini but the population thing is a nuisance.
Unread 12 Nov 2008, 18:52   #5
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZeR View Post
1) I cant recall fleets, because I cant tick that box :/
2) I cant change population, because I cant move the sliders
1) i don't think this has anything to do with us, it should be possible to check the box even on a phone.
2) i've removed the blur on the input boxes, so you can enter numbers into them and don't have to use the sliders.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2008, 19:03   #6
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

awesome fun time
Unread 12 Nov 2008, 19:23   #7
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
2) i've removed the blur on the input boxes, so you can enter numbers into them and don't have to use the sliders.
the blur? the only thing i'd like to see different for mobile is no ads (because it causes the connection to fail 80% of the time) and on the population page have an extra spot that shows what you've set values to. i've always changed it by inputting in the boxes, but you never know if you've messed up and not used 100% and such.
Unread 12 Nov 2008, 20:04   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Click "OK".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA
Total: 100
(On a sidenote, accusing your players of cheating when they accidentially input too high a value is probably not the best business move)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2008, 21:36   #9
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

they dont support mobile internet access so your best bet is opera mini the only problem i have with it would be the bot question is sometimes blurred

a lot of players access the game thru their phone so making it mobile friendly would be a good move , then maybe next round we might have more than 2k players again

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2008, 17:15   #10
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

on mine it just shows big white boxes. it doesn't have values on any of the lines
Unread 13 Nov 2008, 17:19   #11
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
on mine it just shows big white boxes. it doesn't have values on any of the lines
what browser, phone and skin are you using, and are you allowing javascripts?
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2008, 19:58   #12
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
what browser, phone and skin are you using, and are you allowing javascripts?
Opera Mini, Sanyo M1, the default mobile skin i guess (i use the r21 normally and i've never actually "set" one on my cell). It doesn't have the capability to use javascript afaik.
Unread 14 Nov 2008, 12:07   #13
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
opera mini the only problem i have with it would be the bot question is sometimes blurred
thats the hardest thing for me.. usually takes about 3-4 times until i get to login.. usually its cos i just cant understand if its +,-,*,/ between the numbres.. if theres something u could do about that then it would b awesome..

thanks..
Unread 14 Nov 2008, 12:24   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Kill the ****ing bot checker.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2008, 10:26   #15
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Kill the ****ing bot checker.
agreed, we hate it!