User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:12   #1
ph8
Banned

ph8 is on a distinguished road
Opinions please: Galaxy Tax

What do you guys think about introducing a mandatory galaxy tax feature? Obviously it would be useless as the game is at the moment as there isn't really anything to spend the money gathered from such a tax on. Personally I think it's a good idea maybe with a 7% of total resources (per planet) cap or something similarly small.

Things to use the money on? More new features!

Galaxy Fleets? (Controlled by the MoW - may be nothing to spend the money on as people would have to donate ships)
I would love to see the Jumpgate come back, you ken? For those of you who don't remember the MoW could point the jumpgate at a gal and your gal gets -1 eta for that system for a set amount of time (and resources) - tres useful!

All other random wanderings welcome in this thread o/

Uncle ph8
ph8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:24   #2
Hazzy
Man U hater

Hazzy is on a distinguished road
Re: Opinions please: Galaxy Tax

I hate taxes in real life, so dont bring it in here too fs
Hazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:25   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=184447
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 09:23   #4
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph8
What do you guys think about introducing a mandatory galaxy tax feature?
I would prefer an 'opt in' system where if i chose to i could have the tax automatically deducted from my income. Consider how little time it would take to make your galaxy fund full if everyone was taxed 10% of their income every tick .

Quote:
Things to use the money on? More new features!
Whilst i am for new features in general, i would have to know the details first.

Quote:
Galaxy Fleets? (Controlled by the MoW - may be nothing to spend the money on as people would have to donate ships)
Dont you remember or know the mess this used to cause in R2? (or was it R1. i think it was R2). anyway, it was nuts.

If you permitted MoW's to build ships - what race would they be built under? All races?

Quote:
I would love to see the Jumpgate come back, you ken? For those of you who don't remember the MoW could point the jumpgate at a gal and your gal gets -1 eta for that system for a set amount of time (and resources) - tres useful!
If i remember correctly (and i do) Jumpgates only reduced the amount of fuel it took for fleets to move to another galaxy. Considering that fuel is no longer a concern then this usefulness is questionable. The reason an ETA reduction wasnt taken up was because of the massive damage a larger gal could do to small galaxies without jumpgates - let alone WITH them.

If anything, an Alliance Jumpgate - where alliance x receives a -1 ETA reduction to Alliance y would be better. infact, it would alter alliance wars as we know them.

That would be nuts!! .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 16:27   #5
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

not interested
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 17:05   #6
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie

If anything, an Alliance Jumpgate - where alliance x receives a -1 ETA reduction to Alliance y would be better. infact, it would alter alliance wars as we know them.

That would be nuts!! .
yeah with like a 48 hour charge up period, which the other alliance would see.

then when forest declares war he could open the gate too, not that it'd help

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 21:04   #7
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

shouldnt this thread be closed/moved?

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote