User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:45   #1
Black_Kat

Black_Kat is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy The Un-Fun of a non-l33t PA player

yet another round of PA (my 4th i think...they seem to blur together when it's just the same thing each round) took 2 rounds off...only to return this round cos a friend paid for me...looking to give this account away now...72hours of protection was the only fun i've seen this round. spend every minute of every round trying to get into these super alliances to no avail while everyday getting pounding on by these alliances. This round...RIGHT NOW as i type this...the same galaxy is on it's way to visit my galaxy...for the THIRD time. Yeah, it's all fine attack, get attacked...that's all part of the game and all....just don't message me after you and 30 of your friends blanket our galaxy and say stuff like "go home noob" is that really necessary? If these super alliances are so great...why is this one attacking us...over and over and over again like they are scared of a real challenge. There is no point to playing this game if you aren't in one of these grand alliances...you're just food for them...and from my own experience...if u aint already in one....you aint getting in one...yet here i am...again...trying to play hoping this round is different from all the others but it's always the same, the big alliances attacking the smaller alliances and random galaxies...they NEVER fight each other...instead they team up and make the big alliances even bigger.

aint no point to this thread really...just everyone's aloud to have a voice right? this is my voice..that's all.

let the members of the big alliances come criticise, flame and pick on me now...the rest of the thread is yours to do so.
Black_Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:50   #2
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
If you manage to find out what alliance is attacking (if the gal on is top400 they're most likely narweet); you might make a shot at talking to the hc of those alliances..

Some hc's are actually nice people (very few though); and others make a point of doing the right thing once a while, and then bragging about it on AD. Its worth a shot

On another note: I can assure you things are just as bad in some gals on a certain side of the war. I haven't been in a gal doing this badly since r3 (which includes a xanadu gal r5))
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 15:21   #3
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Re: The Un-Fun of a non-l33t PA player

Quote:
Originally posted by Black_Kat
[b]This round...RIGHT NOW as i type this...the same galaxy is on it's way to visit my galaxy...for the THIRD time. Yeah, it's all fine attack, get attacked...that's all part of the game and all....just don't message me after you and 30 of your friends blanket our galaxy and say stuff like "go home noob" is that really necessary?
let the members of the big alliances come criticise, flame and pick on me now...the rest of the thread is yours to do so. [/B
amazing they do not call you an evuhl vvomm gal member cause that is often the excuse when they attack our jr member gals.

hAl
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 15:23   #4
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Un-Fun of a non-l33t PA player

Quote:
bla
Nex time they come, get your whole gal to defend one or two planets. You'll wipe the floor with both attackers fleets and you'll have a wonderful day.

Roids are cheap, easy to replace, fleets arn't. Do your upmost to keep them.

Some errors in your post btw, big alliances do attack big alliances, all the time.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 15:24   #5
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: The Un-Fun of a non-l33t PA player

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Some errors in your post btw, big alliances do attack big alliances, all the time.
Yeah its just that sometimes they get so big they either have to leave half of their fleets home or attack the rest of the universe
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 15:50   #6
IKG

IKG is an unknown quantity at this point
No Fun!!!!!

I could not agree more!
These spineless big alliances are too scared to attack each other, so they bash smaller gals and alliances instead!

In a post earlier I basically said the same thing and it's got to change in some way. I not sure if I want to bother spending 14 hour or more hours online a day, just so some ass**** can attack every other day!

I don't know what the PA team have planned for the next round, but they need to get at least 3 to 4 times more ppl playing PA.

Also the PA team have to think about how the noobs, small gals and small alliance are going to enjoy the game.

At the moment this is geared towards helping big alliances, by having private gals and -1 eta for parallels.
IKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 15:59   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'd disagree, large alliances do attack each other all the time (least hopefully they do I didn't get a free planet this round heh) however they also do attack smaller planets due to the fact that, especially right now, there a large number of ships and planets who have nothing more intensive to do. For the earlier rounds it was kinda different as there was a constant influx of new players but in an ultra-professional, and let's face it this is if not as highly skilled as previous rounds then certainly increasingly professional, there are a shortage of targets. In a 20-50k universe the odds of your average small planet getting hit were relatively low compared with currently. This is primarily caused by the change in numbers rather than any change in alliance politics in my opinion. Clearly one could claim the problem was always present and should still be dealt with still but to solve something of this inertia would prove extremely difficult at best.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 16:02   #8
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
you should shame them and post their co-ords, whatever side they're on.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 16:16   #9
IKG

IKG is an unknown quantity at this point
you should shame them and post their co-ords, whatever side they're on.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very Tempting
IKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 16:17   #10
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
yet another innocent victim of the narweet powerblock allying 75% of the universe...
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 16:22   #11
Black_Kat

well, thank you (so far) for no one coming on here and tossing out one of those nice little phrases i always seem to get from them after they attack me.

and thanks for showing me that at least i'm not alone cos i don't know, call me naive...but i did think i was. and thank u JohnnyBgood....for that post, i kinda understand the why a little bit more from what you posted though i don't agree with the "big alliances attack each other all the time" cos i don't believe what i don't see. maybe from your view and experience u see it... but from where i sit...not really a noob but not really a great player i don't know all these alliances and their politics and all that BS. all i see is them attacking the small ones. can't really blame them...why would u attack a big alliance when there's plenty of small ones out there....just felt like venting some frustration here is all.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 16:29   #12
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
dude, find me on irc.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 16:51   #13
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
why would u attack a big alliance when there's plenty of small ones out there....just felt like venting some frustration here is all.
Roids.
The bigger alliance, the bigger the roids that support it. Simple logic.

I am a MO for one of these alliances, and beleive me when I say that we target as much as possible onto hostile enemy targets. There is no advantage in picking up tiny numbers of roids from randoms and newbies when you can take the support resources from those attacking you. You will find that the majority of attacks on you are never provided or authorised by alliance command staff, but are just small raids picked and organized by the people sending on them as galaxies or small groups of friends.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 16:56   #14
Slinky
SPESHAL

Slinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Speaking as a player from a random galaxy,a HC in an alliance and someone who's played the game since the very start of round 1, I can safely say, this is already the most boring round of Planetarion I've experienced. I'm in a relatively small galaxy, we're about 3 million, currently I'm experiencing my 5th lot of incomings in a 48 hour period. I can't attack for fear of losing my fleet on the return to my planet (as I'm being attacked so frequently), I'm around 400k and have about 70 roids atm and they're still coming to get me. The worst thing though isn't the roiding, we're actually having kill fleets sent to our galaxy, not just ziks (which I could understand), but xans and terrans in an attempt to wipe out our fleets, behaviour I've never actually seen before and don't understand. One galaxy in our cluster has already either completely deleted or self exiled itself while one member of my galaxy has already deleted himself.

I probably just sound like another 'whinging noob' to all you '133+ players' in top alliances, but I really don't care, I've had my time at the top so yes I've been just as bad (but in a much bigger universe where the game dynamics were different, it was still possible to have fun as an unaligned noob waging private wars with other little alliances) but really, the state of the game this round is absolutely shocking and disgusting. Quite frankly, I'd like the creators to open up the universe now to everyone and anyone who wants to join and make it free for them to join. I don't care if I paid, I just want fun for my money, who cares if they don't have to pay, it really doesn't bother me now, but another 2 - 3 months of this will drive me a bit potty.

Although despite saying all this, I know nothing will change, my galaxy will still get incomings trying to completely wipe us out tonight. As an alliance HC I feel quite ashamed saying to any member that comes in and asks for defence 'no sorry, we can't, we've ALL got incoming'. Although as HC I put my members ahead of myself and I've sacrificed my planet on numerous occasions already to defend my members, but still, it pisses me off
Round 4 - UiS member, The Return member, Elysium member
Round 5 - Didn't play
Round 6 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 7 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 8 - GC | IPC BC
Round 9 - GC | Eden Group Planetarion Leader
Round 9.5 - MOW | Rock member
Round * Quit
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 17:02   #15
The_Fish
ND

It's not a new phenomenon (sp?) to hit the small gals, its pretty much guaranteed free roids, but when gals do it repeatedly it's taking the piss, and they should be dealt with, imo.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 17:11   #16
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
Roids.
The bigger alliance, the bigger the roids that support it. Simple logic.

I am a MO for one of these alliances, and beleive me when I say that we target as much as possible onto hostile enemy targets. There is no advantage in picking up tiny numbers of roids from randoms and newbies when you can take the support resources from those attacking you. You will find that the majority of attacks on you are never provided or authorised by alliance command staff, but are just small raids picked and organized by the people sending on them as galaxies or small groups of friends.
Hicks already told us on these board that the big vvomm gals are left alone untill newsies arrive. Even though weet and nar could totally overpower any defence given to the thoughest gals even by just teaming up with a few gals. So in stead of hitting those gals you have gone down to bashing tiny gals outside of top 350 of gals who get incomings every single day from top 50 gals even. Yesterday two of the top three planets were attacking gals where our jr wing members are in. That isn't even remotly funny anymore.

hAl

hAl
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:07   #17
Black_Kat

yeah thanks xtothez that's comforting to know...really. especially when this guy who has already attacked me twice his fleet from last nite is on its way home and he just launched ANOTHER fleet at me last tick....i got 400k score and 60 roids last nite i had 650k score and 146roids. it's like this guy has some issue with me or something and i've never even talked to him...he sends me taunting message after message and i've yet to respond to any of them...

GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i'm in gal channel....the same galaxy...3more incoming to my galmates...this makes round 4 of attacks from the same galaxy...they didn't even give us a day of rest..their other fleets aren't even home yet.

this is a waste of my friend's 10dollars....actually 20 cos i know he's not having too much fun in his galaxy either screw these big alliances
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:14   #18
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
ya just gotta laugh at the win at any cost mentality

pretty pathetic really

but thats PA for ya

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:30   #19
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Hicks already told us on these board that the big vvomm gals are left alone untill newsies arrive. Even though weet and nar could totally overpower any defence given to the thoughest gals even by just teaming up with a few gals. So in stead of hitting those gals you have gone down to bashing tiny gals outside of top 350 of gals who get incomings every single day from top 50 gals even. Yesterday two of the top three planets were attacking gals where our jr wing members are in. That isn't even remotly funny anymore.

hAl

hAl
Its not simply a case of over powering a galaxy, if you think it is then you should give up while your ahead, no decent BC would send people into a dangerous situation unless it was absolutely neccasary and the gaines outweighed the riskes, simple because vvomm have a huge amount of fleets left, they might not have as many roids but fleet wise they are a major danger to narweet, simply because narweet is very bulky and thus cannot move its fleets around as fast, also members of most alliances in narweet lack motivation this round simply because it will be boring unless something drastic changes

i.e its not as simple as nar and weet going to war because one side will lose and the rest of the universe will suffer under 2 months of stagnation.

And back to the point, narweet arent risking there fleets simply because in there mind there is no need, they'll be able to outgrow them within another week or two they'll be safe as such, also if they do and lose a chunk of there battle fleet, then vvomm could make a come back providing they had proper leadership it is very simple for vvomm to make a come back if they can only see it.

narweet suffers from a fatal flaw: hubris
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:30   #20
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
So what, you picked the wrong side this round.

Quit whining, try again next time.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:33   #21
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

If I were you I'd quit being so c0cky. How exactly are you sure that you picked the right side?
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:39   #22
Hazzy
Man U hater

Hazzy is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Im not afraid of loosing. Its how i loose, my gal gets 2 different attacks on us from NarWeet each night cause they dont have enough targets in the universe. Sometimes they hardly get roids just bashes me. But i guess thats what we asked for, no wonder why peeps quit.
Hazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:43   #23
Black_Kat

first off, i didnt pick a side...wasn't given a choice...all the big alliances are like some crazed brotherhood..either you're in or you're not....those of us who just come to play without all the attachments of alliances we don't get the choice. and just seeing how they act and how they do things...i dont want no part of any of them wish they would just go away so this game could be fun again and all that nar weet vhoom whatever the h that guy was blabbing about....makes no sense to me whatsoever. to the average player (me) it makes no sense why don't u all pack up and move on to another game...u obviously don't have anything to gain sitting here winning round after round...
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 21:07   #24
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
If I were you I'd quit being so c0cky. How exactly are you sure that you picked the right side?
Its relatively certain, and either way, if we lose, we can just try again next round..
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 21:14   #25
Jori.X.McKie

Quote:
first off, i didnt pick a side...wasn't given a choice...all the big alliances are like some crazed brotherhood..either you're in or you're not....those of us who just come to play without all the attachments of alliances we don't get the choice. and just seeing how they act and how they do things...i dont want no part of any of them wish they would just go away so this game could be fun again and all that nar weet vhoom whatever the h that guy was blabbing about....makes no sense to me whatsoever. to the average player (me) it makes no sense why don't u all pack up and move on to another game...u obviously don't have anything to gain sitting here winning round after round...
It isn´t so hard to get into a "bigger" alliance, most have JuniorWings or trial membership.
Just go to the Allianceforum read some threads and pick any alliance... goto irc alliance channel and bother any op there like hell

It was indeed difficult to become a full member in one round in a so called "leet" alliance like Fury/Legion. Both are gone and i don´t think any good alliance will refuse any decent active ppl. They won´t trust you at the start as you could be a spy
In these terms it is indeed difficult to get full accept by the remaining alliances.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 21:15   #26
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Its relatively certain, and either way, if we lose, we can just try again next round..
It's not certain at all. You don't know what's going to happen between now and the end of the round.

But, there is always next round.

Unread 24 Mar 2003, 22:08   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
It's not a new phenomenon (sp?) to hit the small gals, its pretty much guaranteed free roids, but when gals do it repeatedly it's taking the piss, and they should be dealt with, imo.
It's only an academic difference for a gal if their 10-wave incoming is all from 2 or 3 gals or if it's form 10 gals.

On at least 3 ocassions my gal have landed on a gal only to find either (a) They've already been roided just before we got there, (b) They're currently under attack or (c) People arrive after us. Now, obviously popular targets may always have this misfortune (especially with the "lag" in Pilkara type tools) but it's the sheer scale of it this round.

I'd prefer to see 20k creator-bot controlled planets, or planets being given 1 roid per 3 ticks automatically or somesuch. Because in such a tiny universe, the game sucks unless you're in a "l33t" galaxy/alliance.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 22:08   #28
The_Fish
ND

Wise words from scouse there. The round has hardly started, no newsies yet, anything could happen, VVOMM could even come back after allying NaR and FZ and end up winning, it's not likely but its a possibility. complacency is where errors creep in.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 00:58   #29
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
The easiests roids are n00b roids, however the most roids are usually from the enemy, or even more daring, the ally.

Getting slaughetered is stupid, if you are under attack you know you get covered or not, so you can BC your own gal to safe 3/4 planets and completely waste those attackers.

It is always your own choice if your fleet dies, unless you get fleettraced, in which case you should have priority def.

I am sorry but I am arround long enough to understand that big alliances target eachother all the time, but what you mean is 'why don't big alliances put all their effort in trying to kill 2/3 enemy gals while getting only 3 tick, 6% roids out of them.'
The answer to that is, it is too inefficient, when newsscans and milscans are arround you can easily kill them.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 03:17   #30
Black_Kat

all u experienced players can ramble on and on for days about your vast pa knowledge....the fact remains....the game is no fun for someone who isn't part of these big alliances...and for the most part from what i see i'd rather not be in one of them. i've already given my account away...no more of me whining on these forums.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 03:52   #31
Hearts_In_Atlan

Well Black_Kat and others. I am also a vet of PA .. since r3 and I too have had enough of this round and its only a couple of weeks old. 5 days in a row now I have watched our gal have incomings that amount to no more than 150 roids per planet. I have watched cluster and para alliances go down the tube. I have watched gal mates and alliance mates quitting or giving their planets up cause they cant be bothered to be spending hours and sleepless nites rebuilding a planet only for it to be knocked down in less than 24 hours. Yes, I have an alliance - Yes, I am in a private gal but you are right ... if you're not on the right side you don't have a chance. The big alliances wont be attacking big alliances until there is no more of us and they start getting bored cause sooner or later we'll be too small for them to attack. I've been around long enuff and watched and listened to know how this all works. So to the big alliances .... thanks for a crappy round. I hope you all have fun playing with yourselves the rest of the round and ruining it for us guys who like to play the game, visit with friends and have a bit of fun. Now I'm wondering why I even bothered paying for r10 .. anyone want a freebie account ???
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 06:04   #32
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Instead of giving up now, why not try to make friends in your cluster/parallel? I came back to PA in R6 with zero connections in a random gal with a free account. R6, is of course the round of the powerblocks. A round later I'm in NoS and in a top200 gal. Oh and bashing is immoral and I'm pretty sure most alliances do not encourage bashing. If it's one gal only, it's probably not an alliance-directed attack.

Oh and I hear Madcows are always recruiting *nudge*
(And giving accounts away is against the User Agreement, btw)
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 06:07   #33
Hearts_In_Atlan

22/03/2003 04:57 GMT Enemy
Our sensors have discovered a jumpgate opening in our sector. Expect company of 250 hostile ships from .. in 8 hours.

22/03/2003 05:59 GMT Enemy
Our sensors have discovered a jumpgate opening in our sector. Expect company of 270 hostile ships ... in 10 hours

23/03/2003 05:57 GMT Enemy
Our sensors have discovered a jumpgate opening in our sector. Expect company of 559 hostile ships from ...... in 7 hours.

24/03/2003 04:58 GMT Enemy
Our sensors have discovered a jumpgate opening in our sector. Expect company of 167 hostile ships from .... in 7 hours.

24/03/2003 09:03 GMT Enemy
Our sensors have discovered a jumpgate opening in our sector. Expect company of 3 hostile ships from ... in 10 hours.

24/03/2003 12:54 GMT Enemy
Our sensors have discovered a jumpgate opening in our sector. Expect company of 4 hostile ships from ... in 8 hours.

24/03/2003 21:18 GMT Enemy
Our sensors have discovered a jumpgate opening in our sector. Expect company of 311 hostile ships from ... in 9 hours.

25/03/2003 04:59 GMT Enemy
Our sensors have discovered a jumpgate opening in our sector. Expect company of 70 hostile ships from .... in 6 hours.

25/03/2003 04:59 GMT Enemy
Our sensors have discovered a jumpgate opening in our sector. Expect company of 53 hostile ships from ... in 6 hours.

AND the days before that where my newsies had already overflowed between the incoming and of course the combat reports.........

145 roids !!!!!!!!! thats what I have !!!!!!

I can NOT believe you guys are THAT desperate that you insist on coming into this gal nite after nite .. day after day ......... YOU ARE PATHETIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 06:48   #34
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
all u experienced players can ramble on and on for days about your vast pa knowledge....the fact remains....the game is no fun for someone who isn't part of these big alliances...and for the most part from what i see i'd rather not be in one of them. i've already given my account away...no more of me whining on these forums.
define big alliance etc.

If you are not spending more then 20 minutes on this game a day, indeed you will be fked over.

If you however join IPC or ETY or something like that you have some defence and the community feeling improves heavily.

Your whining is unjustified imho.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 09:53   #35
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
he sends me taunting message after message and i've yet to respond to any of them...
if you arent happy with messages u recieve u can report them - thats what i do when i get a 'your such a ****ing twat im gonna shoot you and your mum for attacking me you silly prick - DIE MOTHER****ER DIE'

Madina
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 13:49   #36
Black_Kat

and the other hundreds of ppl in my boat....unjustified as well right? thought i already mentioned my unsuccesful attempts at joining alliances or did u conveniently skip over that part too? dont want any part of them anyways.

20minutes? i spent at least 3hrs a nite trying to organize defense for my galaxy...trying to figure out whether to run or stay and fight. several hours with gc trying to figure out some kinda strategy. it doesn't matter how much time you spend the outcome is the same
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 13:59   #37
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough
Quote:
and the other hundreds of ppl in my boat....unjustified as well right? thought i already mentioned my unsuccesful attempts at joining alliances or did u conveniently skip over that part too? dont want any part of them anyways.
It's safe to conclude that the alliances of Planetarion are here to stay. If you're not into alliances, you're not into winning the game.

I've been attacked 31 times during the first 300 ticks (that's an average of more than one hostile launch per every 10th hour). But I'm in an alliance, and I still have fun.

You should try it.

Xeno
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 14:11   #38
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

I'd like to point out that my galaxy gets attacked everyday, we have no alliances and get no P or C defence.

We're having an absolutely fantastic time raping fleets. When news scans come around we shall lose that but we will still be capable of covering 8/10 planets with just gal fleets alone. And so are you.

Unread 25 Mar 2003, 14:14   #39
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
my fav rounds were 3 and 4

both of them involved large battles \o/
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 14:15   #40
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:

20minutes? i spent at least 3hrs a nite trying to organize defense for my galaxy...trying to figure out whether to run or stay and fight. several hours with gc trying to figure out some kinda strategy. it doesn't matter how much time you spend the outcome is the same
Do you understand the game?

personally I doubt it.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 15:38   #41
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
Do you understand the game?

personally I doubt it.
Personally I doubt you understand games at all and even less why people pley them. Games are ment to provide fun/pleasure. If they don't people will not play them. If they provide fun only for half the players then only half the players will keep on playing.

hAl
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:28   #42
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Personally I doubt you understand games at all and even less why people pley them. Games are ment to provide fun/pleasure. If they don't people will not play them. If they provide fun only for half the players then only half the players will keep on playing.

hAl
I was talking about the gamemechanics how to 'get as much score as possible given your own situation'.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:44   #43
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
I was talking about the gamemechanics how to 'get as much score as possible given your own situation'.
That shows how little you understand of his position. Why would he try to get score ? There is no point in getting score. Gamemechanis dictate that score will get him incomings as more people can target him. Sure with more fleet he might go and attack but attack is either suicide in one tick or if you get really realy lucky you get some roids for a day which gets you heavier incomings even than now.

hAl
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:50   #44
bear

bear is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont think that the blocks deliberately target non-hostile gals. It's to blocks advantage to attack their hostiles first. Maybe the emphasis is shifted a bit from the biggest hostile gals to a bit smaller ones. But I know from myself I've attacked 2 pretty big targets in the last 2 days, and met a quite big amount of resistance on both occasions.

I posted previously on another thread that I am kinda in favour of PA crew bot controlled galaxies, which introduce more targets into the galaxy.

I have played PA since R3, and I really cant say that my PA life has been easy. Started in a small alliance, gradually moving up. And yes, the side I've been on has been bashed too. I could have left it at that, and just quit PA, but instead I persisted. I'm too stubborn to just quit a game that I want to be good at, when the going gets tough. I know a lot of people in PA right now, because I made contact with them in previous rounds. And as you go along in diff rounds, your contact group becomes larger and larger - thus giving you more defense and backup.

If your gal gets bashed, do as stated in this thread. Concentrate defense on the biggest planets. Save your fleet. Make yourself a bad target. I've been there myself. It takes time and effort to be a strong planet/galaxy
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 17:14   #45
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
HC shouldnt be nice ppl ^^
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 17:17   #46
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
That shows how little you understand of his position. Why would he try to get score ? There is no point in getting score. Gamemechanis dictate that score will get him incomings as more people can target him. Sure with more fleet he might go and attack but attack is either suicide in one tick or if you get really realy lucky you get some roids for a day which gets you heavier incomings even than now.

hAl
His position is very easy actually, he just shouldn't lose his fleet. My gal has been under attack now I think for 5 days in a row, we can mostly cover it in gal with fleetswapping.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:12   #47
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by bear
I dont think that the blocks deliberately target non-hostile gals.
If you consider that all non block gals is hostile that statement is futile.

I guess you mean that they do not deliberatly target non vvomm gals. Well actually they do. Some of our gals were attacked daily for an entire week so I asked a WEET friend to check what that was list in arbiter and sure as hell it was listed to us and not as vvomm. So A known non-vvomm gal recieves gets purposly targeted every single day as well. I'm sure that on each of those days there have been vvomm gals not attacked so it was not like they didn't have a choice. Last time they were attacked they were ranked along rand 350 or so I think so it isn't that they are juicy with roids either. It probably is that their para is very full with WEET/NAR and those gals rather pick in para every day than to take vvomm targets in the so called war.

Also vvomm seem to more weet/nar members (friends) in their gals who give (limited) arbiter protection whilst we do not have either vvomm nor weet members in ours.

hAl
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:30   #48
bear

bear is an unknown quantity at this point
If I were in charge, ofcourse known hostile gals (= non friendly, non neutral) would get targetted. Thats the way you take out your enemy. So far maybe VOMMV have been targetted by WEET + NAR, but the dominating powerblocks have always attacked known hostiles, to a certain extent. I've seen LDK/Titans hit the same planets/galaxies over and over as well in R8,so it's not really like this is a new tactic heh..

But ppl on the stronger end usually dont complain - the ones who are attacked repeatedly do. It's all a matter of your viewpoint.

P.S. I didnt complain when I was on the loosing side, I just tried to fight back as hard as I could. And yeah in R8 I had attackers totalling 5 times my planet score send their ships at me

Last edited by bear; 25 Mar 2003 at 20:35.
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:31   #49
Rmaine007

Hey my opinion is that 90% of the fun is trying to cover the incomming and the immense sense of satisifaction when youve managed to cover most of your galaxy and laugh as all the attackers fleet gets wiped out. Yeh maybe youve had lots of incomming so have i, went random this rnd because i didnt want to spend another rnd in a private galaxy with little or no incomming i find that even more boring tbh.

Fun is what you make of it everyone assumes the more roids you have the more fun your having, but it actually becomes less fun as you have to work that much harder to keep your roids and rank.

I probably have fewer roids than most of you who are complaining but im enjoying myself plenty, if you were playing for fun then you really shouldnt get worked up about being bashed in the first place.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:57   #50
Fungi
Reincarnated PA Player

Fungi is an unknown quantity at this point
if you were playing for fun then you really shouldnt get worked up about being bashed in the first place.

I think he means he's HAD fun and now it ISN'T fun.

Glad I didn't go and pay some cash for some stress. If I wanted stress and no fun I'd pay for an exam script.