User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 22 Jul 2005, 22:07   #1
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
London today

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706787.stm
Quote:
"One of them was carrying a black handgun - it looked like an automatic - they pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him," he said.
Now, I don't know anything about this, exept what I read in that article and what I saw on Norwegian news today.
However, one of the witness reports on the news shocked me. According to him, the police ran after the man and catched him. Then, two plainclothes cops held him down while the last one shot him! As far as I know, disobeying a police officer is not a crime punishabale by death (UK don't even have the death penalty, if I have my facts straight)

I was just wondering if you guys (I presume the UK news has given more info out on this, or at least had a more updated report)
Also, what does people think about this? Is the fact that it's not a regular criminal but a potential (with stress on potentia) terrorist make this more ok? What's the public reaction, if any, to this? To me, right now, this sounds more like a execution then anything else, but as I said, I don't know the full situation.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote