User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Apr 2006, 16:13   #51
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I think I might have a job ;o

i'd say go for it
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 18:02   #52
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Would the fact that he will have been in England for 5 months of the financial year not make japanese residency a little less likely?
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 00:41   #53
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Japan is an expensive country*, I'm not sure £20k would afford you much of a lifestyle. You certainly wouldn't be visiting many of the better Geisha Houses on a regular basis.
Japans expensive for some stuff, cheap for others.

Travel is relatively expensive compared to the UK
Food is relatively expensive compared to the UK
Drinking out *can* be very expensive, but it varies a lot
Cigarettes and Liquor shops are dirt cheap

However, I get on by on approximately 6k a year (I don't pay electricity or rent), and I do a *lot* of travelling.

As a foreigner, theres very little chance you'll be visiting a Geisha 'house' anyway. You might be lucky to see one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
On the upside there is the common perception that Japanese men have small penises and that their ladies have a preference for foreign men. Chika's the guy to ask about all that I guess, I was only there briefly.
This type of thing is difficult to break down into such simple perceptions. But basically, if you want to have a lot of sex in this country, and your prepared to buy into the game somewhat, you can get a *lot* of sex here. I mean, I've known guys (and its always the guys) who have literally been having girls knock on their door for a booty call, whilst there still with another girl.

Especially if your teaching at an Eikaiwa school
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 00:44   #54
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Shit, Man How Do I "teach" Engerish?
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 00:48   #55
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
There are also plenty of other British people usually on the course with you, so it's not like just being flung into Japan and not knowing anything or anybody. On the other hand - apparently getting places in the cities is quite difficult, as they're sought after. You might end up in some remote village
Where all the demand is?

It's all led by supply and demand. With GEOS at least, theres pretty much always needing people in Tokyo I hear due to the massive turnover in staff, and big demand. You can end up somewhere small (the afforementioned GEOS are looking for staff in my town, Imabari, as lots of people have left the area). My friend got asked 'would you like somewhere big, or small?'. I think this question could have been rephrased as 'Would you like to go to Tokyo, or one of out new branches out in the sticks?'.

Plus after a certain amount of time, you can transfer.

But you already knew that didn't you from their webpages
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 13:33   #56
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
There is another figure of 91 days that comes into play - "if an individual makes regular, habitual and substantial visits to the UK, i.e. average 91 days per fiscla year, ignoring days beyond individual's control e.e. sickness, and was previously a UK resident and now returning to th UK for visits, he counts as a UK resident for the whole fiscal year".
91 sounds more like it, now I think of it.

My dad got caught out on it as he comes to Jersey every weekend. He was over for 110 days or something and so got taxed in the UK, then taxed in Jersey on top of that. Now he keeps all his plane trip records and ensures he isn't there for more than 91 days.
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 13:35   #57
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunderbunny
But you already knew that didn't you from their webpages
I've only done a brief bit of research, so I could work out how realistic doing this after I've finished my NQT is. You're the expert, dude
Unread 1 May 2006, 07:08   #58
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Won't you miss the glassings? I don't think such frivolity is common in Japan.

Also, what happens if you meet some really nice Japanese girl and fall in love; then you decide to get married; and, too late, you find out that she is related to s|k's wife and you now have s|k as an in-law.

The disgrace!