User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Nov 2006, 03:02   #1
poluroud20

Post Hi..!! I've registered because of problem..

Hi..Guys...!!!

This is my first post on Yours site. Thank you in advance for all possible answers.
I am From England
Nice day is it today, but I have a question for all...

In first , how i post message to PM...???

Thank you very much!
Mark. G..!!
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 03:11   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Hi..!! I've registered because of problem..

I don't think Tony Blair has an account here, perhaps you should try one of the methods mentioned here.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 03:19   #3
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like the consistency this one shows with this account where he/she/it says he/she/it's from Canada, USA and Poland, all in the space of 24 hours!

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 03:27   #4
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Close thread, ban bot
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 05:01   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Alternatively, you can send a message to the Australian Prime Minister.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 08:26   #6
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

I dont get this. I do understand that bag-guy who posts here every few days with his search for whatever on google. He may get some page hits if he does this on enough forums, but this is just pointless.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 09:23   #7
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Call me a moron but I never really thought about Australia having a formal government of elected officials.
You're a moron.
Quote:
Travler]edit: I just got over 300 neg reps points for this comment. Do I have the most neg rep yet? Do I, Do I?
Maybe you should start posting about other things than religion all the time, since it doesn't seem to go over well with this audience; or at least stop leaving yourself open to attack by making yourself seem ignorant to things such as Australia having a formal government.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 10:47   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm impressed, I just managed to give Trevler another red blob.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 11:22   #9
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Call me a moron
It's already been sai, but I feel it needs reiterating.

YOU'RE A MORON
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 11:33   #10
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball

That's cool man.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 11:45   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I dunno about a red blob, but Trevler just managed to get neg rep out of me - its extremely rare that i give neg rep to people, but hes just managed it.

No wonder he defends religion so much; total lack of anything resembling a mind :\

Edit: I think i might have actually added one actually! Hurrah! :\
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 12:53   #12
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Call me a moron but I never really thought about Australia having a formal government of elected officials. Just seemed like they had alot of bureaucrats and nothing else.
Calling you a moran due to your lack of understanding of foreign countries and their political system is a waste of time. After all your American and those people who arent 'morans' on these matters (Like alot of the Americans we see on these forums whom are intelligent and thoughtful, that doesnt include you ofc who is the perfect example of an 'Ugly American') are sadly in the minority. The fact your current president is pretty much a trigger happy, war mongouring bible basher who makes jade goody seem like a mastermind champion shows this as he was elected pretty much on his religious beliefs and his name despite how stupid and inept he is.

Australia seems to be one of the better run countries in the world today. Sov may disagree (or agree strongly, you cant really judge your own country very easierly from inside it so you normally end up with rose tinted glasses or being very pessamistic) but they seem to be a government where bureacuracy doesnt get in the way as much as it does in alot of others and allows them to make difficult but important decisions.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 13:10   #13
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

edit: I just got over 300 neg reps points for this comment. Do I have the most neg rep yet? Do I, Do I?
Is it natural for christians to hate themselves as much as you do, or is it just you?

Pst, Wakey, I think he's canadian..
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 13:47   #14
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Nope, I think he's from the USA judging by his IP address.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 13:57   #15
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Is it natural for christians to hate themselves as much as you do, or is it just you?

canadians actually respect other people's positions rather then forcefeeding them their own
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 14:14   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
at least they have the excuse of religious disillusion for re-electing their idiot. we just have.... er.... erm.... er....
We didn't have any better "realistic" alternative? Voting for Blair's party over Howard's is a darn sight more forgivable than voting for Bush over Kerry (even though they're all scumbags obviously).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 14:16   #17
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
what is this assertion based on?
sorry but the america bashing is just ....ing boring now. it would be easier to stomach if followed by an overt acknowledgement of just how utterly utterly shit our own countries/public/leaders are, but all too often it isn't.
personal experiance. And, you'll note i didnt explicitly refer to americans in general, in that comment either - Your own viewpoint brought you to that conclusion.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 14:21   #18
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
funnily enough, just like every country.

at least they have the excuse of religious disillusion for re-electing their idiot. we just have.... er.... erm.... er....
it might also be worthy of note that it's our country that celebrates the brain dead jade not our trans-atlantic cousins.
We don't however elect Jade into office though do we. And as Dante Hicks says our reelecting of Blair is that theres no better alternatives. All the parties are fighting for the middle ground on every issue so every leader is the same. The only thing that makes Blair stand out is hes a bit more charasmatic than the others (Plus when they are all basically the same its better the devil you know)
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 14:58   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i'm fairly certain we have other parties than labour and conservative.
Which is why I said "realistic" alternative.
Quote:
i'm not sure electing a liar based on the idea that he can lie well is something we should consider an achievement of our electorate.
You don't understand what charisma means. Which is unsurprising really.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 15:05   #20
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
is this a joke?
No, is your rant a joke?
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 15:07   #21
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
canadians actually respect other people's positions rather then forcefeeding them their own
Phil in defending the glorious canadian nation suprise....

Unread 15 Nov 2006, 15:07   #22
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

he's banned alread?

oh Tomkat will be annoyed

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 15:08   #23
Phil^
Insomniac

but of course furball
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 15:42   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
the lib dems?
Not a realistic alternative, at least not on election night given our history, media and electoral system. In the medium term of course they could win the next election (if one of the other parties collapsed) but basically there were two options as to who you wanted in power at the last election. And given that choice, I have a (very small) degree of sympathy for people who wanted Blair over Howard. The same defence can't really be offered for voting for Bush over Kerry.
Quote:
i do, i just don't think blair has charisma. i think he's a skilled orator.
Then why did you respond in the way you did? Wakey said that Blair was more charismatic than his opponents in past elections (which seems fairly accurate given that at least one of them was Michael Howard). You responded by saying that we shouldn't be proud the British electorate merely voted for the best liar (effectively). Now you're saying Blair isn't charismatic. Which is fair enough but I don't see how that quite carries on from what is being said.
Quote:
why?
Because, based on your forum persona you're the least charismatic person in existence.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 15:53   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Because, based on your forum persona you're the least charismatic person in existence.
That is so harsh
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 15:54   #26
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Actually, without meaning to be rude to any Australians, I don't know much about Australian politics either. I don't even know what your Prime Minister's name is (I could google for it, of course, but I don't want to). That's probably more to do with my ignorance than anything else, but they hardly feature very prominently in our news (or America's, I expect).

I can't remember the last piece of news I heard which involved Australian politics, even at a small level.

So I support Travler in his point! Although I don't know about it being bureaucratic nonsense - it might simply be that I haven't heard about Aussie politics because it's dull, as it's so tiptop perfect!
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 16:11   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
this is where i find it all a bit hard to comprehend. if you're not voting on principle then why are you voting at all? you know your vote won't change anything.
I suspect the majority of people who do vote don't really understand the electoral system well enough to know their vote doesn't change anything, but that's a different issue. Most people don't "know" their vote their is worthless, they think they are putting (or might be putting) someone into parliament which in turn determines who governs the country. Which is kind of true.
Quote:
also, was kerry actually a "good" politician? all i really know about him is that he made a speech that started off with "i'm reporting for duty" and then saluted the audience.
John Kerry was (/is) pretty shit. But not as shit as, say, George W. Bush. Which is the point.
Quote:
the sentence sounded more snappy than saying "itt you're wrong, he isn't charismatic he just lies well".
Fair enough, but what you wrote didn't make a great deal of sense, in the context.

edit ; Also, his remark was relative. You may be 5ft tall, but if everyone in your family is 4ft then you are still the tallest.
Quote:
you're getting a special mention in my suicide note :crymeariver:
I'd be very happy if this was true.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 15 Nov 2006 at 16:48.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 16:17   #28
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I don't even know what your Prime Minister's name is (I could google for it, of course, but I don't want to). That's probably more to do with my ignorance than anything else, but they hardly feature very prominently in our news (or America's, I expect).
Given the length of John Howard's reign and the amount of times he's appeared / been mentioned on (say) the BBC News in that period I would think it reasonable to expect someone in the UK of average / above average education to know who he was. Britain has closer ties to Australia than America does though, so it's very possible the American media doesn't mention him as often.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 16:19   #29
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
edit: I just got over 300 neg reps points for this comment. Do I have the most neg rep yet? Do I, Do I?
Nope
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 16:27   #30
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Actually, without meaning to be rude to any Australians, I don't know much about Australian politics either. I don't even know what your Prime Minister's name is (I could google for it, of course, but I don't want to). That's probably more to do with my ignorance than anything else, but they hardly feature very prominently in our news (or America's, I expect).

I can't remember the last piece of news I heard which involved Australian politics, even at a small level.

So I support Travler in his point! Although I don't know about it being bureaucratic nonsense - it might simply be that I haven't heard about Aussie politics because it's dull, as it's so tiptop perfect!
Thats simply a case of any nations news reporting focusing on issues that effect them. Watch the 10 o'clock news tonight and count how many stories are about issues in countries where it doesnt effect the UK. You won't find many, we don't even get much news reporting on issues in America that doesnt have a fairly significant link to UK.

However to say you havent heard any news that doesnt involved austrlian politics suprises me a little. Seeing as the whole immagration issue has been a hot topic for the last year or so and the Australian immagration policy is constantly held up as the kind of system we should have.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 16:37   #31
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Given the length of John Howard's reign and the amount of times he's appeared / been mentioned on (say) the BBC News in that period I would think it reasonable to expect someone in the UK of average / above average education to know who he was. Britain has closer ties to Australia than America does though, so it's very possible the American media doesn't mention him as often.
When was the last time he was mentioned, and in what context?

I watch the BBC News and I honestly can say I can't remember him ever having being mentioned - at least not in any way that made me remember his name.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 16:38   #32
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
the sentence sounded more snappy than saying "itt you're wrong, he isn't charismatic he just lies well".
Do you not think being able to lie well is a sign of charisma? Some of the most charismatic people in history have hardly been what we would consider good and honest but they are able to persuade people to follow them as they have charisma. Anyone can tell a lie, to be able to pull it off though you need to sell it and that takes charisma and Blair has pulled the lies hes told off and is only now are the masses starting to see through his charm
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 16:47   #33
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
When was the last time he was mentioned, and in what context?
A few days ago in a stupid story about the Ashes, I believe.

But more generally there have been a number of reasonably high profile mentions of him - the immigration debate (as discussed) and Iraq in particular.

To be fair though it's hardly a memorable name I guess.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 16:50   #34
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Hi..!! I've registered because of problem..

John Howard has been mentioned a fair bit in the US press. He's been a fairly vocal supporter of President Bush and the GWOT.
Quote:
John Kerry was (/is) pretty shit. But not as shit as, say, George W. Bush. Which is the point.
I thought you wanted Bush to win though? Were you for Bush before you were against him?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 16:53   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
I thought you wanted Bush to win though? Were you for Bush before you were against him?
I did indeed as I believed he would be worse for America (and global political stability generally).

So far, this prediction isn't going badly...

I'm presuming though most people don't actively to vote to make things worse though. Although I'm not sure what I'm basing that on, given election results historically...
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 16:56   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When civilisation ends I want dante's complete and utter lack of respect for human dignity.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 17:26   #37
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

tnf is tony blair a rightous dictatorial arsehole in person??

and although i don't like horn's posting style; i do agree with him here
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 18:22   #38
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

its actually the constant quoting and requoting, its an overly reductionist approach to posting that makes my headache
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 18:29   #39
Tomkat

Quote:
hardly ever, infact i think bill bryson made a point about this in his "notes from a small island" book or something. some kind of fact relating to just how rare articles on australia are in the UK press.
It's from "Down Under" actually, I read it recently. That's what made me think of it - I think Dante is wrong. I think 75% of Brits (at least) wouldn't know who the Australian Prime Minister was, if asked.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 18:57   #40
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I think 75% of Brits (at least) wouldn't know who the Australian Prime Minister was, if asked.
Well, I agree with this but that says more about the British public. I should have restricted my comments to educated people though, you're right.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 19:03   #41
furball

Quote:
Based on forum personas, I'd say someone like Boogster or Appocomaster was far less charismatic.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 19:14   #42
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Hi..!! I've registered because of problem..

Quote:
I did indeed as I believed he would be worse for America (and global political stability generally).
You'll forgive us then if we take your criticism of our electoral choices in the spirit in which it is given.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 19:37   #43
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I voted for Bush because Laura Bush is hotter than Theresa Kerry.

I always vote my principals.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 21:41   #44
Tomkat

Quote:
Based on forum personas, I'd say someone like Boogster or Appocomaster was far less charismatic.
I'd say you were one of the most condescending though
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 21:50   #45
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I voted for Bush because Laura Bush is hotter than Theresa Kerry.

I always vote my principals.
I voted for Bush because I couldn't stand Kerry's drawl, and not to mention looking at that ugly mug for the next 4-8 years.

It's also funny, listening to the news before the elections earlier this month, they said that a majority of people now a days vote not for there candidate, but to vote against the other one that they don't like or want. I think this was one of the reasons Bush got re-elected, far too many peopled couldn't stand Kerry so they voted against him by voting for Bush...sort of the lesser of two evils, or as mentioned before "voting for the devil you know".

Also, I'm an American and I knew the PM of Australia was John Howard. But that's not really the point, the point is even if I didn't, I wouldn't be dumb enough to admit it in the open to make sure that everyone knew I was an ignorant red neck American. Samuel Clemmens said it best, "It's better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 22:09   #46
furball

Quote:
I'd say you were one of the most condescending though

Quote:
An American came up to me after a show a couple of weeks ago and said he thought I was patronizing. Well, I said 'I think you'll find that's pronounced "patronising". It means "when you talk down to someone".

Don't worry, I'm not being condescending - I'm just talking about important things you wouldn't understand.

-Jimmy Carr, 2006
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 22:09   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
I voted for Bush because I couldn't stand Kerry's drawl, and not to mention looking at that ugly mug for the next 4-8 years.
An enlightened choice I see.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 23:04   #48
Tomkat

Quote:
Jimmy Carr Quote
What, how charismatic people are on the forums is something I don't understand?
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 03:40   #49
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I had no idea who John Howard was and I struggle to think of a situation where I would conceivably about who was Prime Minister of Australia (it could come up in a pub quiz I suppose)

Last edited by Nodrog; 16 Nov 2006 at 03:46.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 04:05   #50
milo

I know who john howard is, no idea on the nzer (its a bint rite?), no idea on canada (there was a new one this year i hazly think...), no idea on anyone else.

The British have a particularly bad reputation for knowing anything about other countries, the only european heads of state i can remember are merkel, chirac and ahern. The irish ones i usually 'know' because there is a history between the two nations and the links mean quite a bit of interaction, but apart from that

Do the dutch know or care about the rest of the EU? what about those just outside like the norwegians? I don't suppose it particularly matters, im just curious.