User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Oct 2006, 16:58   #1
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts
Diablo 2 / Warcraft 3

anyone still play these games??...d2 on classic since LOD sucks ass....and WC3 on ROC not frozen throne...

if so...let me know

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Death666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 02:00   #2
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of
Re: Diablo 2 / Warcraft 3

Since the whole hacking thing died I havent been interested - the 1.10 generation signaled the end of d2's profitability and the like !

Its a great game, and I yearn for Diablo 3.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 18:14   #3
Death666

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
Since the whole hacking thing died I havent been interested - the 1.10 generation signaled the end of d2's profitability and the like !

Its a great game, and I yearn for Diablo 3.
i feel 1.11 is way better without all those hacks...only miss maphacks for lovely mf runs...

Diablo 3 will only come out once the WoW crazy ends...which will take so long...so i shall team up with the al qaeda and tell them that WoW players are attacking muslims on the game...think that should help kill off many of the WoW players...Mek shall be the first

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 23:57   #4
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

WoW isn't going to die for some time, the burning crusade comes out next month, the guild leader of my old guild received an invitation to play beta and has posted screenshots and talked about the features and changes etc.

I've got to say, it looks very good and makes me want to play again when TBC comes out, so its not likely that WoW will die soon.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 00:05   #5
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Indeed. I really love the hack and slash nature of diablo2, and the way the items worked... even since diablo 1.

Diablo 3 should be a massive success and not much needs to be thought about really - diablo 2 was incredibly simple but a big success. Just go 3D and get a few new features.
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 00:25   #6
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I can honestly see WoW being around for a very long time, "WoW Crazy" is going to go on for years.

Has Diablo 3 ever been confirmed ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 00:33   #7
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

I dont think it has.

I think Blizzard are working on a new RPG, but its not confirmed Diablo 3 (it ****ing should be !).

With the ridiculous money coming in from WoW, now is the time for Blizzard to increase staff and produce more games for their popular brands.
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 05:12   #8
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I have not played D2 for a long long time, I got a little jilted when I hit a brick wall on knightmare difficulty and found all the minions in hell were 100% immune to my damage.

I don't see the problem with LOD though i found it quite entertaining, there's only so many Diablo runs you can do and the hinterlands was my fav area (leats I think that's the name, the frost covered one).

As for W3 I never liked it. Having hero units that can single handedly wipe an entire army ruined it for me, kinda takes the strategy element out of it.
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 08:03   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Has Diablo 3 ever been confirmed ?
It has not even been suggested.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 14:46   #10
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Blizzard have discussed it - the community wants it.

They'd be stupid not to.
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 14:55   #11
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I borrowed D2 for a while a few years ago but my comp at the time wasn't up to playing the later levels.

I could do with a nocd hack for it - the ones I've tried have simply ****ed up the whole install *sigh*

I tried baldurs gate recently to overcome my Diablo craving but I got bored way too quickly

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 15:52   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I tried baldurs gate recently to overcome my Diablo craving but I got bored way too quickly
That's like playing Chess to overcome your Doom fixation. They're not similar games at all.
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 16:06   #13
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
That's like playing Chess to overcome your Doom fixation. They're not similar games at all.
The fact that they're RPG's. Overhead perspective. Click to move. Click to attack etc... That makes them quite similar in my mind.
Of course they're not identical but it was the best I could get my hands on without going to the shops. (I borrowed it, and BG2 as well.)

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 16:27   #14
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Diablo isnt really an RPG, its an action adventure game.

Last edited by Nodrog; 17 Oct 2006 at 16:35.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 16:30   #15
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

mark my words. Ultima Online's Rebirth with new, completly redone client will eb the next big thing.

Just see same time next year.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 21:54   #16
Death666

If D3 comes out it will most likely be p2p just like WoW since blizz know that people will waste cash to play the games hopefully it wont cost as much as WoW though... should be £3-5...they still make their cash and will prop have more people playing...or even better...have it f2p

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 21:56   #17
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

only if the pvp is greatly increase in it, will people pay in my opinion
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 21:47   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
iirc they keep mentioning it in those rumour articles in pcgamer/zone
Suggested by Blizzard. There's an awful lot of nonsense in those rumour articles.
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 23:29   #19
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death666
If D3 comes out it will most likely be p2p just like WoW since blizz know that people will waste cash to play the games hopefully it wont cost as much as WoW though... should be £3-5...they still make their cash and will prop have more people playing...or even better...have it f2p
Wow is hardly expensive.
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 01:22   #20
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Wow is hardly expensive.
WoW is hardly cheap for A level students like Death666 and me
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 01:34   #21
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Are you serious ? WoW is like £8 a month, that wouldn't be much even if you had a paper round. It's the cost of 4 pints or the trip to the cinema, the last time I thought that £8 was a lot of money I was about 12.

Last edited by Hicks; 19 Oct 2006 at 01:40.
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 01:42   #22
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Yeah be serious - even if you played just 4 hours a week thats 50p per hour of entertainment. Most other activities cost significantly more.
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 13:53   #23
_Kila_
break it down!

I didn't really say taht it was expensive (I played till a month or two ago), but its not really cheap, I could spend those £10 (its 9.45 or so isn't it?) on something else, I've recentely sold my account for just over the price I spent on it and can now buy myself a new monitor or something (I don't know what I'm going to do wiht the money actually :/ )
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 14:45   #24
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

A Paladin right ? What did you get for it ? How did you sell it I'm looking to sell mine as well. Are you about on IRC have a few questions about the process ?
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 20:06   #25
_Kila_
break it down!

Yeah a Paladin, wasn't particularly well geared as I didn't really like the tier 2 set so only took 3 pieces to stop them being disenchanted.
Got £160 for it on Ebay with 400 gold, I reckon I could have gotten more but was fairly impatient.
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 21:04   #26
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

£10 is cheap. Its 2 hours work at minimum wage.
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 21:07   #27
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

My Paladin is full tier 2/AQ geared, Warrior is a mix of blue PVP rank 10 gear and some 20 man/MC epics and my Druid is geared in late 50 blues. Hope I can get about £400 for it.
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 22:10   #28
_Kila_
break it down!

£400 is a little steep, but should go for £300 pretty easily, it just depends on the buyer tbh, sometimes the people looking at your char wants it for cheap, others give you very good prices, in time you should get an offer of £400
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 22:22   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Diablo 2 has always been RSI point and click boredom once you've got through the game once.
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 16:36   #30
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Recent interview with hints of Diablo 3 at http://www.diablo3.com/cmps_index.ph...lo3information

Sign the Diablo 3 petition at http://www.diablo3.com/cmps_index.ph...blo_3_Petition !
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 17:23   #31
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

There's always the "there was a guy who worked on music for diablo 2 that said he did work on diablo 3 music", like a year ago.

A few people have followed the staff firing / recruitment activities for blizzard and generally are convinced that the hiring of a new graphics-artist-type-person is for Diablo 3, and that because they have the success of WoW to run off, they can spend time making Diablo 3 "perfect".

I've played diablo 2 a lot.

To be fair, most games are pretty much similar once you've completed them once. I don't get the point?
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 17:51   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
To be fair, most games are pretty much similar once you've completed them once. I don't get the point?
Speaking as someone who's played Diablo and Diablo 2 a fair amount, in most games there's more variety. The first time through, most people will be playing for the plot, which is ok if rather sparse. The second time through, people will play for things they missed, because there was some variety in the gameplay which was pleasing.

In Diablo 2, there's no variety in the gamplay. People will have not missed things. It's all the same.
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 20:03   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Speaking as someone who's played Diablo and Diablo 2 a fair amount, in most games there's more variety. The first time through, most people will be playing for the plot, which is ok if rather sparse. The second time through, people will play for things they missed, because there was some variety in the gameplay which was pleasing.

In Diablo 2, there's no variety in the gamplay. People will have not missed things. It's all the same.
This is pretty much spot on.

There's only one thing d2 is good for after you are done and that's item whoring, which if it doesn't involve repeating yourself involves going out of your way on blood runs to go somewhere that is identical to where you have been with pretty much the same baddies as you killed before, but is just somewhere you weren't bothered to get round to earlier which isn't very interesting. It's not a bad game, just one that to me seems quite limited.
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 21:21   #34
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

i replay the following with joy every so often:

Baldurs gate II and its expansion
Warlords 3 darklord rising
Startreck birth of the federation
the toatal war series
star trek klingon academy
civ whatever and alpha centuri
age of wonders 1,2 and the shadow one

I may have missed one but these are the games i would truly recommend to anyone as 'unmissably good'
Unread 25 Oct 2006, 01:26   #35
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

I played the shit out of diablo2, and so did a lot of people I know. Its repetitive yes, but there's definitely something about it.