User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Sep 2003, 10:03   #1
Ohm
none

Ohm is an unknown quantity at this point
PA clock !

It is approx 3 minutes slow.....annoying

FIX IT !!
Ohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 10:31   #2
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

Tin-Tin is an unknown quantity at this point
Journal missing, annoying. Fix it.. hehe
r3 --> 54:15:2 (TGS,YHQ) (n00b)
r4 --> 30:14:11(TGS,YHQ) (Smurf)
r5 --> 20:6:12 (TGS,YHQ)
r6 --> 35:1:2 (NewDawn) (F&F)
r7 --> 21:10:14 (NewDawn)
r8 --> 48:9:10 (Elysium)
r9 --> 1:3:9 (Elysium)
r9,5 --> x:x:x (?)
Tin-Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 12:00   #3
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point
A workround for the lack of journal is to mail things to yourself.
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 15:28   #4
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy_r
its a very bad workaround.. and i cant see that it removes load from the server if everyone is sending mails to themselfs=)
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 15:46   #5
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
MoC functions missing.

FIX IT!
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 17:27   #6
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
summary:
The game needs fixing

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 18:34   #7
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy_r
Which means you have to re-mail everything every week. And what if you type the wrong co-ords?

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 22:25   #8
LFFPicard
Slaphead Officer

LFFPicard is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.scifi-x.com/post.htm

My beta forums post.
Rather long.
And none of it got seen to that i can see.

What was beta for again?
I thought it was to solve issues, even minor ones.

LFFPicard
(@Zeus): nudest beach
(@Zeus): yes THAT WAS A JOKE, pls dont quote
LFFPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 23:06   #9
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by LFFPicard
My beta forums post.
Rather long.
And none of it got seen to that i can see.

What was beta for again?
I thought it was to solve issues, even minor ones.
I think the beta forum was write-only.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 00:35   #10
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point
Writing on the beta forums is a bit like praying.

God ALWAYS answers your prayers, it's just that the answer is "NO!" most of the time :-)

I posted over 100 spelling and "Spinnerese to English translation issues" in the forums, and every last one seems to have been read, considered, and implemented where the powers that be agreed with me.

The fact that dozens of complaints about 1 tick combat emp/cloaking/stealing not being there and empty slots taking time to return didn't get answered after the first few times Spinner pointed out the reasons for them is probably a reflection on the fluid nature of the testers, not on the dilligence Spinner & co were putting in to fixing things. Very few of these posts had any well thought out reasons for wanting things put back to the old way. Reading them would make you think there is some fundamental law of nature that insists all combat must run for 3 ticks in browser based games, rather than the simple fact that Spinner pulled that number out of thin air when working out how to balance round 1. It's amazing how the average PA player thinks they can design a better game than the person who already came up with the most popular browser game in history, and how unwilling people are to think about why any given feature is the way it is, and what the implications of it actually are. I saw quite a few posts complaining that heavy cargo transfers encourages bashing! I have NO idea how anyone arrived at that conclusion, since the posts were a little unclear in that regard.

On the bright side, we did get the message to all defenders button, a cap on structure loss, multiple ship transfer slots, more numbers in the engineering explanation and a lower bandwidth less garish skin option amongst other things the testers asked for (yes, I am fishing for compliments there!).

What we didn't get were any fundamental changes to the nature of the new game and it's mechanics.

Do I wish I had got my negative score gain for bashing suggestion through, but apart from that I think the testing input was dealt with very well, and everything we identified as a definite bug (rather than a difference of opinion) is now fixed.
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames

Last edited by Andy_r; 16 Sep 2003 at 00:42.
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote