User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Jun 2004, 13:23   #1
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Music you've just acquired

Look i'm bored so I thought it was about time to have another of these threads, as there isn't one currently on the first page of the forum.

What was the last albums/songs you bought/downloaded/copied? Oh and is it any good?

For me:

Brand New - Deja Entendu
(Excellent album, mellow in parts, emotional in others, heavy in others, thouroughly recommend listening to 'Sic transit gloria... Glory fades' and 'The quiet things that no one ever knows' )

Rancid - Out come the wolves
(Really good punk album, should become a classic, so many good songs on it, especially Roots radicals, Time Bomb and Ruby Soho)

Hell is for heroes - The Neon Handshake
(Another brilliant album, So many good songs on it in different styles)

Hundred Reasons - Shatterproof is not a challenge
(yet another great album, if it wasn't for the albums above I wouldn't be able to stop listening to it!)

Well they're the albums I recently bought and listened to non-stop.

What are yours?

Or comments on the ones I said...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 13:29   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Music you've just acquired

Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First
(I win.)

I've Got Some Falling to Do
(God knows who wrote it, Phang knows more about it)

The Killers - Hot Fuss
(I win AGAIN!)

Read or Die, OST
(Crazy japanese people!)

And I can't remember another, so I'm going to put Grieg's Piano Concerto in A Minor, 1st Movement because that's what's playing at the moment.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 13:37   #3
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Purple Rainbow
(A compilation of songs by Deep Purple, Rainbow, Dio and Whitesnake. It is ace)
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 13:42   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Orbital - Blue Album

is the last thing I bought
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 13:52   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Brand New - Deja Entendu
Agreed, I like this album a lot.

Quote:
Rancid - Out come the wolves
Should become a classic? It came out 8 years ago and is already considered a classic (well, in punk circles). My faves are Time Bomb, Roots Radicals and Olympia WA.

It's by the far the best Rancid album, although I do like their latest, Indestructible, too.

My current stuff :

Reel Big Fish - Take On Me (track)
Sublime - Santeria (track)
Transplants - Transplants (album)
Me First & The Gimme Gimes - Various
Goldfinger - Goldfinger (album)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 14:10   #6
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
It's by the far the best Rancid album, although I do like their latest, Indestructible, too.

My current stuff :

Reel Big Fish - Take On Me (track)
Sublime - Santeria (track)
Transplants - Transplants (album)
Me First & The Gimme Gimes - Various
Goldfinger - Goldfinger (album)
Apparently one of Rancids earlier albums is meant to be there best, but with less well-known songs on it.

I'm impressed with your ska tastes! Sublime are ace, RBF I listened too all the time (altho i haven't listened to much recently) and goldfinger are great too.
Do you like Lightyear and/or Jesse James?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 14:43   #7
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i'd answer the question but instead i will talk about what i'm listening to because i'm good like that.

albums
DKMs - Blackout
Bad Religion - TESF (see above)
Lemon Demon - anything i can find
The White Stripes - The White Stripes
Turbonegro - Scandinavian Leather

tracks
The Dictators - Faster and Louder
The Killers - Somebody Told Me
The Film - Can You Trust Me? (Yusek remix) [407 advert music]
Nightwish - She Is My Sin

other crap also
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 14:46   #8
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

track:

Kidney Thieves - Dyskrasia

Yay, something i really like.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 15:51   #9
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I last bought Hot Fuss and Uh Huh Her, but more recently aquired Is This Desire?, The Lost Riots and Razorlight's album. All excellent.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 16:14   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Kill Bill Vol1 OST
Kill Bill Vol2 OST

Joss Stone - The Soul Sessions

And im having a little Kazaa 80's semi-punk reload just now, so

The Vapors - Turning Japanese
The Stranglers - Golden Brown
Ultravox - Vienna

Id welcome a few more suggestions. Punk without the Sex Pistols type "Destroy All Passers By" mentality.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 16:20   #11
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

albums:

radio vago - black and white photo enterprise
pretty girls make graves - the new romance
pretty girls make graves - good health
pixies - the purple tape

all of it's fandabbydosy
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 17:01   #12
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Would be interesting to know of the above what people have bought and what people have downloaded.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 17:07   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Would be interesting to know of the above what people have bought and what people have downloaded.
Ive bought any albums i list.

Singles ive probably downloaded.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 17:16   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
As a rule I don't buy music. If I do buy a DVD say, I generally give it away after I've seen it. Physical posessions seem a bit pointless. Why would I want to have a physical CD taking up space in my dwelling when I can have a good copy on my HDD consuming less than 0.05% of my HD space? I'm not buying CDs or DVDs affiliated to the MPAA/RIAA and their ilk while their current behaviour continues.

I'm happy to pay musical artists to ensure they keep producing stuff I like (this doesn't apply to people who are no longer recording though). In short, all downloaded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Apparently one of Rancids earlier albums is meant to be there best, but with less well-known songs on it.
Hmmm. Not sure. I have Rancid (1993), Life Won't Wait, Let's Go, And Out Come the Wolves, Indestructible, Rancid (2000) and the NOFX/Rancid split album. Out Come the Wolves is easily the best, although I'm into more "accessible" stuff I suppose.
Quote:
I'm impressed with your ska tastes! Sublime are ace, RBF I listened too all the time (altho i haven't listened to much recently) and goldfinger are great too.
What's your favourite RBF album? I'm currenlty listening to some mixed downloads.
Quote:
Do you like Lightyear and/or Jesse James?
Only got a couple of their tracks (Soulseek). They seem OK. Any recommendations specifically?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 17:47   #15
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

all bought

ps. just got 'rhythm of black lines - human hand, animal band' for 8 squid, result
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 18:03   #16
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Kill Bill Vol1 OST
Kill Bill Vol2 OST
The Vapors - Turning Japanese
The Stranglers - Golden Brown
i approve.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 18:43   #17
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Hmmm. Not sure. I have Rancid (1993), Life Won't Wait, Let's Go, And Out Come the Wolves, Indestructible, Rancid (2000) and the NOFX/Rancid split album. Out Come the Wolves is easily the best, although I'm into more "accessible" stuff I suppose.

What's your favourite RBF album? I'm currenlty listening to some mixed downloads.O

nly got a couple of their tracks (Soulseek). They seem OK. Any recommendations specifically?
With regards Rancid - I haven't properly listened to the earlier stuff so I'm not sure, I like the NOFX/Rancid album though.
Try Operation Ivy, thats what rancid were called pre-1991, with a different lead singer though. Haven't listened to much so not sure what songs to try... album is called Energy.

Favourite RBF album - 'Turn the radio off' obviously although there's a kind of best of album released in the UK

Lightyear tracks - 'Blindside', 'Positive Outlook', 'A Pack Of Dogs'
they're all off 'Call of the weasel clan' because i reckon that album is more accessible. The second album, 'Chris Gentlemans Hairdresser and Railway Book Shop' takes a while to get into but is very good!

Jesse James tracks - 'Shoes', 'TV' and 'Empty Tank' but the whole album is good. It's called 'Punk Soul Brothers'.