User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Sep 2004, 22:27   #51
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ryder Cup

can I just add, while Monty is getting a lot of love...

Garcia has won 4 and a half points out of 5 and performed brilliantly against top class golfers and should be getting TONNES of love imo.

He's only 24 and he's got a wise head on him now and looks a much greater prospect than Woods, at least on the fact that he doesn't look like he is sucking a lemon everytime you see him on camera and he's heading up in the world.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 22:31   #52
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
wow, the US looked like a bunch of fags out there...with the exception of Woods, Furyk, Campbell and DiMarco ofc.

Europe is currently sitting at 17½ and the US is at 9½ with 1 match to still to finish
I think you're being a little harsh on them.

In the morning of Saturday they played brilliantly together, took the game. Saturday afternoon they took a hammering but the performance the first five USA singles gave was astounding. Woods took the lead and played as if he was knocking it around a local course, even after playing a couple of shockingly bad shots. Mickleson was (thankfully) unlucky, but Garcia is more than a match for him.

Other than that, they didn't play like fags. They played good golf, and most* of the games I expected them to win, they won. They were just outplayed in the end by a more united, relaxed and confident team.

I think they deserve some credit for their performance though.

*I'd expected Mickleson to beat Garcia, based simply on the thoughts that he'd have something to prove after yesterday.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 22:33   #53
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
can I just add, while Monty is getting a lot of love...

Garcia has won 4 and a half points out of 5 and performed brilliantly against top class golfers and should be getting TONNES of love imo.

He's only 24 and he's got a wise head on him now and looks a much greater prospect than Woods, at least on the fact that he doesn't look like he is sucking a lemon everytime you see him on camera and he's heading up in the world.
Heh, or in the words of Sutton, lovin' on them.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 22:39   #54
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
I think you're being a little harsh on them.
well, perhaps 'fags' isn't the correct word...but still, Europe tied the largest winning margin by potting 18½ points...and any way you look at it, the US pretty much got their asses whipped, regardless of how they played at certain times throughout the tournament.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 22:50   #55
skiddy
wild one

I'll agree with you completely, the USA were destroyed on a points basis.

I'm simply referring to individual effort by the players, when you look back over the weekend and see some of the shots played and the recoveries made, both sides had some gems and both sides had some 'sweep under the carpet and forget about' shots.

Ultimately the team who deserved to win, won, but the USA put up a good effort and deserve credit for that.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 22:51   #56
Sunday8pm
Banned

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/3667628.stm For skiddy and Kura with regards to being a spectator at the live event.

I do resent how Dilly is playing down the US, I Think it's a case of the World Ranking system getting truely exposed as a heap of stupidly weighted manure that shouldn't be regarded with any seriousness (like the FIFA International Team Ranking system which is equally as ludicrous).

I'm thinking that Hal will be mortified that they didn't even break double figures and will probably go down as the worst Ryder Cup captain for Team USA in history, unless they botch the next one even more.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 22:57   #57
skiddy
wild one

If you look at how Hal put out his team for the singles, it was straight through world rankings, top to bottom. Ultimately Sutton put too much faith into the top ranking players and not enough thought into the weekends top playing players, which I think is where Langer played the blinder.

For the moment they will go down as the worst USA team to play, but at the end of the day, the people who look at the game seriously won't look at the overall result of the tournament, but the standards at which the team players played throughout the week.

Cheers for the link as well
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:02   #58
Sunday8pm
Banned

Hey if it isn't as great as it seems you can always hang out in a nice bar and spend 3 days drinking while watching golf on a big screen which sounds equally as ace if you make it into a vacation thing.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:10   #59
skiddy
wild one

I'm sure they have bar's strategically located in tented villages around the course.

Even if tickets are just bought for the final day singles games, could still make a long weekend of it by watching it as Sunday suggests, which would be equally great.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:16   #60
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been any talk of modifying the Ryder Cup so that it's USA vs. The World? Golf is becoming a more global sport, and there are many great golfers that aren't American or European...but they get the shaft in an event like this (Veejay Singh, Mike Weir, etc...).

I think it'd be a good idea...but then again, I don't make the rules.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:18   #61
Sunday8pm
Banned

There's the Presidents cup which is USA vs the Rest of the World.

Tbh given the total population of Golf-Able Europe vs Total population of USA it's a fair pool vs pool thing.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:22   #62
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
There's the Presidents cup which is USA vs the Rest of the World.
ah yes, forgot all about the President's Cup...which is funny, cuz it starts tomorrow in Virginia...lol

/edit: err...I mean it starts September 20th NEXT YEAR, not tomorrow..oops
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:29   #63
skiddy
wild one

That'll be why I can't find anything on the Sky channel listings about it

Silly you!
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:31   #64
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

no no...silly you for believing me!
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:33   #65
skiddy
wild one

This is true, I should have thought about it logically and realised that the President's Cup wouldn't be starting the day after the Ryder Cup.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:47   #66
skiddy
wild one

Kura - it's just been stated at the closing ceremony, the Ryder Cup is in Ireland 2006, the outskirts of Dublin (County Kilmaire or something, I think he said the Kay Club, but Google can assist on this).

It's gotta be on, even if its just a piss up in Dublin then attend on the final day for the ceremony.

Last edited by skiddy; 19 Sep 2004 at 23:53.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:50   #67
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Kura - it's just been stated at the closing ceremony, the Ryder Cup is in Ireland next year, the outskirts of Dublin (County Kilmaire or something, I think he said the Kay Club, but Google can assist on this).

It's gotta be on, even if its just a piss up in Dublin then attend on the final day for the ceremony.
2006, not next year mate...the Ryder Cup is a bi-annual event.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:51   #68
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Ryder Cup

Stop talking about golf and get your penis working again, you deviant.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:53   #69
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
2006, not next year mate...the Ryder Cup is a bi-annual event.
We all know what I meant.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:54   #70
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Stop talking about golf and get your penis working again, you deviant.
Stop fagging up my thread!
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:54   #71
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
We all know what I meant.
I know...I was just providing that info for the few that didn't know
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:55   #72
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
I know...I was just providing that info for the few that didn't know
Personally I'm pleased you mentioned it, as I had actually forgotten. Perhaps it's the excitment
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 23:57   #73
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Stop fagging up my thread!
You would have be King Faggot to forgo orgasms in favour of watching the most boring outdoor sport in existence, you great wobbling closet bisexual, you.
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 00:00   #74
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
You would have be King Faggot to forgo orgasms in favour of watching the most boring outdoor sport in existence, you great wobbling closet bisexual, you.
I'm sorry, but my time last night that could have been spent watching the golf live was taken up watching DVD's.

This morning the choice between sex and highlights offered no competition. Golf was always going to win.
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 00:03   #75
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
This morning the choice between sex and highlights offered no competition. Golf was always going to win.
This is heresy.

I assume that this condition is more or less terminal, and before long you'll start wearing cardigans and become celibate.

Oh, woe is me.
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 00:03   #76
skiddy
wild one

Ok, after Googling to clear up my original post, the Irish 2006 Venue for the 36th Ryder Cup is...

[drum roll]

http://www.kclub.ie/
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 01:01   #77
Sunday8pm
Banned

fooking hell that looks posh.

Should be in your and kura's budget mind you.
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 01:04   #78
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Dublin is fine , K-Club isnt a problem , easily in budget, and 2 boats a day from here to Dublin.

We can crash at Jonny's place for the weekend.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 01:04   #79
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Ok, after Googling to clear up my original post, the Irish 2006 Venue for the 36th Ryder Cup is...

[drum roll]

http://www.kclub.ie/

Yeah I recall talking to "the lads" a few days ago and we said we should go and see it. Then I remembered golf is an appallingly boring game and I'd rather sit on a large black man's penis.
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 01:06   #80
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Yeah I recall talking to "the lads" a few days ago and we said we should go and see it. Then I remembered golf is an appallingly boring game and I'd rather sit on a large black man's penis.
Youre just fantasising again.

Theres no large black men in Dublin anyway.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 01:08   #81
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ha ha we won.

I prefer the Mosconi Cup.
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 01:26   #82
OneColourRed

OneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the rough

Was great to see monty with the winning put.
Was planning on going to St Andrews next year myself, its not as much the ticket thats the expensive part but the parking and drinks etc, once you are on site you are at their mercy think it was about 4quid for a pint at the open this year. Need to see if i can abuse my position of being in charge of a golf department somehow to get discount on tickets.
OneColourRed is offline   Reply With Quote